• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

no screenshots on the store lmao.

A7jugJ8CIAENWUy.jpg

Or I can go to GS tomorrow and look at the box :p

But that's tomorrow, I need info right away. That's what internet is for!

I dont have exceptionally high hopes for the game. Im buying it because i play my 3DS and Vita far more than either Wii or 360. If the multi player is fun, or the game is fun then its worth my $, for what its worth. Resistance BS wasnt terrible, and if this satiates a twitch shooter itch, while looking better than the aforementioned, im happy.

It was gaming on ipad, then ipad 2, that drove toward 3DS and Vita. I loved Modern Combat 2 and 3, while they look decent enough, they are ultimately shallow Gameloft tripe, missing the core need for dedicated buttons. No amount of resizing digital controls on screen could make those more intuitive or comfortable.

I dont get overall negativity toward the Vita as of current, sure the sytem isnt selling very well, but the haters seem to use any high profile game as a martyr for negative affirmation. The negativity has become a plague to the Vita, diminishing its excellence of truly breakthrough games like Uncharted GA, NFSMW, AC3L, Gravity Rush, UMvC3, LBPVita....All delivering big on the Vita's promise, creating a home experience in your hands.

Seriously, i grew up during the original NES (high point getting SMB3 for my ninth bday in '90), if my childhood self could see todays handheld gaming, beyond my original Gameboy = wow! ts my gaming past/roots, that keep my current expectations in check, while still being mesmerized.

Things become clear, when i look at Resident Evil Revelations or Uncharted GA and the size of my portables, holding them next to the behemoth that is my 360. Seriously, im playing some cool as shit in the palm of my hand and that means absolutely everything.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The game should be $40 max where I live. Any cheaper and I'll give it a shot. If it's crap then it looks like I'll be using my eBay account for the first time in 3 years.

1:40am...on my way home after work. But have this already...so, impressions later. :)

Screen shot of the back of the box damn it!

The world needs to know!!!

I dont have exceptionally high hopes for the game. Im buying it because i play my 3DS and Vita far more than either Wii or 360. If the multi player is fun, or the game is fun then its worth my $, for what its worth. Resistance BS wasnt terrible, and if this satiates a twitch shooter itch, while looking better than the aforementioned, im happy.

It was gaming on ipad, then ipad 2, that drove toward 3DS and Vita. I loved Modern Combat 2 and 3, while they look decent enough, they are ultimately shallow Gameloft tripe, missing the core need for dedicated buttons. No amount of resizing digital controls on screen could make those more intuitive or comfortable.

I dont get overall negativity toward the Vita as of current, sure the sytem isnt selling very well, but the haters seem to use any high profile game as a martyr for negative affirmation. The negativity has become a plague to the Vita, diminishing its excellence of truly breakthrough games like Uncharted GA, NFSMW, AC3L, Gravity Rush, UMvC3, LBPVita....All delivering big on the Vita's promise, creating a home experience in your hands.

Seriously, i grew up during the original NES (high point getting SMB3 for my ninth bday in '90), if my childhood self could see todays handheld gaming, beyond my original Gameboy = wow! ts my gaming past/roots, that keep my current expectations in check, while still being mesmerized.

Things become clear, when i look at Resident Evil Revelations or Uncharted GA and the size of my portables, holding them next to the behemoth that is my 360. Seriously, im playing some cool as shit in the palm of my hand and that means absolutely everything.

I'm fine with my vita. I've just yet to have a super stellar experience with any game for the platform (ragnarok odyssey is probably the best one i've played so far). Maybe next year everything is awesome, but most games i've played feels rushed or gimmicked out to hell.

Is it unrealistic to expect games near the end of it's first year to not have the 'launch game stink' (aka gimmicks, poor performance, lacking features, meh graphics etc etc)?

Iacobellis

Screen shot of the back of the box damn it!

The world needs to know!!!

I'm fine with my vita. I've just yet to have a super stellar experience with any game for the platform (ragnarok odyssey is probably the best one i've played so far). Maybe next year everything is awesome, but most games i've played feels rushed or gimmicked out to hell.

Is it unrealistic to expect games near the end of it's first year to not have the 'launch game stink' (aka gimmicks, poor performance, lacking features, meh graphics etc etc)?

Well, the PSP ended its first year with GTA.

Kazerei

Banned
Finally picked up my copy. The lineup was pretty long.

What's funny is when I walked up, the clerk said "a Vita copy, right?" He recognized me 'cause I was only one of two people to preorder Declassified at the store.

LOL :(

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Nope. Comes with every physical copy as far as we know.

According to Fernoca it's just a voucher inside the retail version. Check the download lists. It may be why the game is 2.5GB in the listing, but a 2.2GB download.

News to me.

Since I live in Taiwan and would therefor be getting the Asian retail version I doubt it'll be included or redeemable with my Vita's USA PSN account. :/

Downloading now. Wow a proper midnight launch for a highly anticipated Vita game. Are we seeing a new Sony here? I deleted Burning skies to make room for this.

Add me! MaximusPrimus

JCizzle

Played for a quick minute before heading off to bed. Finally a legitimate FPS on Vita, content issues are what they are.

Top Bottom