• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

TheFatOne

How many multiplayer maps are there? I'm really tempted to pick this up for the multiplayer, but I'm waiting for more GAF impressions.

Kazerei

Banned
So there's like four useful pages in the instruction manual, in case anyone was wondering

2UBYU.jpg

1YPuJ.jpg

FbH7x.jpg

JOAg0.jpg

After the good word-of-mouth and finding out a shop down the street got it in-stock today (pretty early import for Osaka), I decided to pick it up and I'm pretty glad I did. I just threw down over an hour online and had a really fun time. I really suck, though.

I made a video for my YouTube channel (check it out here: http://youtu.be/3Oto1YkZD1U ) with some online gameplay. Had some crazy shit happening in the match at about 11:00 in (check out Air Jesus) but other than that match and me being horrible at the game, it seems to run well (even playing world-wide, multiplayer is smooth and I barely experienced any lag).

I'm also really glad the game supports custom soundtracks (as most do of course) as it is perfect for a game like this.

Game looks surprisingly good, so it's a shame that there's no way in hell I'll pay more than $25 for such a tiny amount of content.

Funny, at first it looked like it would suck, now the problem is that there there isn't enough of it.

Torgo

For those asking why there are no reviews, NO ONE received review copies yet. Not IGN, not Giant Bomb, no one. We've been assured that we'll receive it for review, but they've offered no ETA.

Loudninja

For those asking why there are no reviews, NO ONE received review copies yet. Not IGN, not Giant Bomb, no one. We've been assured that we'll receive it for review, but they've offered no ETA.
Not like it matters anymore.

This is so very stupid though.

Not like it matters anymore.

This is so very stupid though.

It might make more sense when you consider that review copies were not sent out for the console versions either. Reviewers were taken to a special hosted event. Obviously Activision didn't give enough of a shit to do that for Vita, so here we are.

AwRy108

Considering how unfairly most outlets review Vita games, can you really blame them for not giving everyone review copies?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Considering how unfairly most outlets review Vita games, can you really blame them for not giving everyone review copies?
Vita game reviews have really been bullshit so far. I mostly ignore them. Would have missed out on a lot of great games if I listened to them.

Kyon

Banned
Why would y'all want them to review this?

Basically

"Im playing CODZ awn my XBAWX I don't curr about ports if I haz superior conzole experience.

This should be DLC on 360

Negatives: Its nawt on xbawx

-9.9/10"

Seriously...

Why would y'all want them to review this?

Basically

"Im playing CODZ awn my XBAWX I don't curr about ports if I haz superior conzole experience.

This should be DLC on 360

Negatives: Its nawt on xbawx

-9.9/10"

Seriously...

that was a very mature and intelligent post

Robertto

Neo Member
It might make more sense when you consider that review copies were not sent out for the console versions either. Reviewers were taken to a special hosted event. Obviously Activision didn't give enough of a shit to do that for Vita, so here we are.

they were definitely given console copies, just not likely before the review event.

I agree with your general point but in the case of this game I'm not sure it would matter what system it's on. I certainly haven't seen anything that makes me want to blindly purchase this game so the lack of reviews just pushes me even farther away from buying it.

As much as people like to trash the single player offerings in CoD games, please don't lump it into the same category as Battlefield's. Call of Duty single player modes are actually playable.

pff, Battlefield Bad Company 1:s campaign is amazing! (maybe also Blops2 which actually might be good by reviews)

Right, I'm going to pick this up after work. £34.99, little cheaper than I expected - and with a bit of store credit...

Only 6 maps, and nice short single-player levels. Sounds ideal for a new dad to play on the crapper while hiding from his wife and baby boy.

sajj316

Right, I'm going to pick this up after work. £34.99, little cheaper than I expected - and with a bit of store credit...

Only 6 maps, and nice short levels. Sounds ideal for a new dad to play on the crapper while hiding from his wife and baby boy.

Exactly. Easily get done with 2 missions on the crapper. Crazy how much time I spend in the toilet daily after being a dad. Vitadads!!!!!!!

test_account

XP-39C²

Only 6 maps, and nice short single-player levels. Sounds ideal for a new dad to play on the crapper while hiding from his wife and baby boy.
It is £40 now, they probably did a pricing mistake to begin with and increased the price.

So the single player portion can be beaten over three bowl movements?
Nope, but five instead. There are 10 single player missions.

Wow really?

Gojng from what Eurogamer said (their review is going to be a few days late as they skipped the event due to their sudden attack of ethics) and from the disclaimer on Polygon's review:
"Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 was reviewed on Xbox 360 debug units primarily at an event held by Activision and Treyarch in Carlsbad, Calif. between October 22nd and October 24th."

But I guess that was a few weeks ago so it is probably as Robertto said and they received copies after that.

If this was a full blown console game I would evaluate it more critically. I would probably even say it is mediocre.

But since it is on a handheld, and it is the best handheld FPS thus far, I get that same feeling like back when I was playing some really old school FPS game like quake1. It literally has no equal or peer that comes even close on it's platform. So it is the "best game evar" just by default.

Valkyr47

Banned
6 multiplayer maps?

lololololol

If your gonna make the game tailored for portable play thats cool, and the right mentality

so cut the levels up into small bits and focus on shorter play sessions and smaller maps

but in return you need to up the amount of content to make replaying the same modes and stuff more bearable

especially for 50 bucks

last time i payed more than the standard rate for a vita game (uncharted) i got burned

wont do it again, and even if this is better than Resistance BS (which i liked) its not worth 50, no way

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
pff, Battlefield Bad Company 1:s campaign is amazing! (maybe also Blops2 which actually might be good by reviews)

It just goes to show how bad Battlefield 3 was: it made me forget all about BC1.

BC1 had one of the better single-players this generation in that there was (SHOCK HORROR!) no corridor! The downside being that it just felt like sometimes there was a lack of focus. I wish they would expand on this concept. As in, take the wide open space and make me feel like a soldier in an actual battle with hundreds of soldiers, tanks, etc instead of just feeling like your archetypal one-man-army superman.

The more I read about it, the more I'm interested, but I'm probably gonna skip it due to principle of... don't know, just seems like paying money for it is just letting kotick stick it up your ass... and finish in 10 seconds.

I bought my fair share of vita games, so I don't feel particularly guilty about it :)

Top Bottom