• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

It's pretty much exactly as I suspected. A very good handheld FPS (best ever possibly, due to sheer lack of competition) fans will love it because it's COD on the go, reviews will probably crush it because it's not "real cod" and because it's lacking sorely in the content department.

A few patches and some DLC and this is going to be an amazing MP game.

I do agree with what others have said about grenades. The aiming/throwing animation is kinda off. If you tap the icon it will throw it where you're aiming, the problem is that your character is right handed, and throws the grenade from the right side of his body, so you fucking hit objects in front of you (including teammates who spawn right in front of you) by mistake constantly. And dragging the grenade icon takes way too long in the heat of battle.

am... am I supposed to be hating this? Because this isn't bad at all. I just played four matches with no problems and it got quite tactical, though there's obviously not as much precision. Its definitely worthy of the COD name. It feels like COD. It behaves like COD. Its not the best FPS ever, but I have had solid fun with those four rounds.

This is one of those games that they try to bury but actually is pretty reasonable.

sTeLioSco

Banned
It's pretty much exactly as I suspected. A very good handheld FPS (best ever possibly, due to sheer lack of competition) fans will love it because it's COD on the go, reviews will probably crush it because it's not "real cod" and because it's lacking sorely in the content department.

A few patches and some DLC and this is going to be an amazing MP game.

I do agree with what others have said about grenades. The aiming/throwing animation is kinda off. If you tap the icon it will throw it where you're aiming, the problem is that your character is right handed, and throws the grenade from the right side of his body, so you fucking hit objects in front of you (including teammates who spawn right in front of you) by mistake constantly. And dragging the grenade icon takes way too long in the heat of battle.

maybe its a good thing that sony didn't sent review copies.
no trust on reviewers.

Jawmuncher

I'm seriously surprised about the positive impressions here.
Since lets be honest on GAF if it was complete shit it would have been made known pretty quickly.

Just makes me wonder why they weren't showing it off very much and keeping it hidden from everyone. Must have just been the Price coupled with the amount of content since that by far seems to be the biggest issue.

The thought of justifying a game that's lacking with content that's $50 with paid dlc.

I don't even.

Are there even dlc hooks in the game? ( grayed out modes etc).

Massa

Since lets be honest on GAF if it was complete shit it would have been made known pretty quickly.

Just makes me wonder why they weren't showing it off very much and keeping it hidden from everyone. Must have just been the Price coupled with the amount of content since that by far seems to be the biggest issue.

It's no wonder. Games that are not expected to sell 5+ million copies are completely ignored by Activision.

It's fair to assume those who have bought it were going to like it anyway (to some degree), those on the fence awaiting reviews may be less likely.

Nihilistic Software ‏@NihilisticInc
@Eddiie13 It's a very extensive patch, touches almost all aspects of the game and adds Ad Hoc mode for MP.

Nihilistic Software ‏@NihilisticInc
@Paullloyd15 @Eddiie13 I don't have it here at home, but improves sound, leaderboard, connectivity, adds ad hoc mode, collision issues, etc.

Oh hell yeah... They are patching in Ah Hoc mode! Now it might actually get some traction in Japan

Just got this mail on YouTube within 10 minutes of posting an online play video: (I stated the game was "pretty fun so far" and online runs "pretty smoothly" in the description)

Bullshit, dumb fuck. CoD:BOD isn't "pretty fun" and doesn't run "pretty smoothly," its runs at a beautiful smoothness and it's awesome, contrary to the ignorant bullshit a dumb fuck such a yourself would spout. All FACTS, bitch. :D
Just educating you: one of the many idiotic pieces of shit that don't grasp the greatness of CoD. Thank me later.

*blocks+doesn't read messages from ANY usernames* This is our last contact; dwi, dumb fuck. You and your ignorant bullshit lose, I and the facts I state win. :D

It's nice that this game has fans? I guess?

Ashler

Just got this mail on YouTube within 10 minutes of posting an online play video: (I stated the game was "pretty fun so far" and online runs "pretty smoothly" in the description)

Wow... lol. I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but you probably also got an dislike to that video of yours. :)

Lol does the game support voice outside of system level party stuff?

I read I'm sure that they're patching voice chat into the game for matchmaking. Will I need a bluetooth headset for the vita, or will a wired headphone and mic work - even the headset that came with my Sony phone?

I'd thought that the built-in mic would work - but there's obviously bluetooth for a reason (even if just for stereo headsets/cars?).

Carl

Someone got out of the wrong side of bed this morning

The strangely placed smiley faces make this guy seem even more disturbing. It's like he's angry but he's really enjoying it.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Best video I have found on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orozRXBXR7Y

Multiplayer looks like a lot of fun

Looks good. The knifing looks a bit janky considering how both he and others were messing around with their blades.

If I get my $20 coupon from Sony then I'm really tempted to buy it immediately on PSN, but I really need a guarantee that there's going to be a healthy multiplayer base in my region before I make my final decision.

Regarding in-game chat, you can do it now, but only through Party (so only with your friends). Bluetooth headsets work with party, or you can just use the Vita's built-in mic and speaker.

Mikeside

The strangely placed smiley faces make this guy seem even more disturbing. It's like he's angry but he's really enjoying it.

They just made it seem all the more smug and self-satisfied to me.

I think I'll probably pick this up in the January sales - it's looking pretty fun to me
OK sorry, it's looking full of Beautiful Smoothness

Kerub

Banned

*fanboy crying*

Damn, the buyer's remorse was quick for this guy!

Fair play to Nihilistic, it's raised them in my estimations. Faced with zero support from Activision (and little more from Sony) they still remained professional and had some pride in their work. And props to that lone twitter guy answering questions from home!

It's plain they have been hamstrung by a short dev schedule and high pricing. Other than that, seems they've turned in a creditable game.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

That is why I just kept quiet on my vid. All I got was a single comment saying 'nice vid' lol.

Bumhead

Banned
Popped into my local GAME today. Had a huge urge to walk back out with a Vita and a copy of the game.

Its a real shame about the content situation. If this was a port of Blops 2, or at least shared multiplayer/zombies in some way, it would have been much more compelling, and would have been a really tough proposition to turn down. As it is, a couple of hours worth of single player and 6 mp maps is too much for too little.

A shame, as the core game actually looks pretty good.

Fair play to Nihilistic, it's raised them in my estimations. Faced with zero support from Activision (and little more from Sony) they still remained professional and had some pride in their work. And props to that lone twitter guy answering questions from home!

It's plain they have been hamstrung by a short dev schedule and high pricing. Other than that, seems they've turned in a creditable game.

Yeah they did an amazing job considering the situation from what I can tell. Just purchased the game.

fernoca

As expected.

There won't be any patch beyond 1.02 or DLC.
Well they already said that DLC depends on Sony and Activision. So...who knows. I doubt it but at least they're interested. Even Resistance got a patch to fix some online stuff last month.

Top Bottom