• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

FireCloud

After the good word-of-mouth and finding out a shop down the street got it in-stock today (pretty early import for Osaka), I decided to pick it up and I'm pretty glad I did. I just threw down over an hour online and had a really fun time. I really suck, though.

I made a video for my YouTube channel (check it out here: http://youtu.be/3Oto1YkZD1U ) with some online gameplay. Had some crazy shit happening in the match at about 11:00 in (check out Air Jesus) but other than that match and me being horrible at the game, it seems to run well (even playing world-wide, multiplayer is smooth and I barely experienced any lag).

I'm also really glad the game supports custom soundtracks (as most do of course) as it is perfect for a game like this.

Thanks for the video. Looks much better than what was shown earlier. I didn't pre-order but I'll be picking this up as soon as work lets up a bit.

Have you played much Resistance:BS multiplayer? If so, any comments comparing the two Nihilistic efforts?

I don't even think the vita is launched in china.
So hasn't most games consoles which are all technically illegal :)

Out of curiosity why did y'all buy this game? Did you also get blops 2?

Not really seeing the use case scenario tbh. If you are at home, you play on pc or console. If you are out, shitty public/ hotel wifi is less than optimal for shooters.

I guess if you really need to play a shooter in bed or on the shitter it's cool.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

Not really seeing the use case scenario tbh. If you are at home, you play on pc or console. If you are out, shitty public/ hotel wifi is less than optimal for shooters.

I guess if you really need to play a shooter in bed or on the shitter it's cool.

You are wrong about one thing though, I play the vita at home, not my pc and consoles. It is now my primary gaming device. When I am out, I play the vita as well, just not online. I also did not get black ops 2. Maybe next month. Or never. Not that huge a COD fan that I absolutely have to play it.

So I can game without hogging the TV of abandoning the wife.

I barely ever get to play anything on the big TV and the Vita is amazing because of that.

Also I can play a few matches with a film on at the same time which i like to do.

SteveWD40

I barely ever get to play anything on the big TV and the Vita is amazing because of that.

This right here. I feel that the majority of people that write off "true" console games on portables don't have a wife / gf / bf that watches TV of an evening.

The WiiU has the right idea...

Ahhh ok. Reasonable enough.

I guess I'm just used to having my ps3 and gaming pc in my room.

No pesky sharing tv issues.

I would be with you back when i was in my early 20's and living at my parents / with mates and had all the time in the world to sit in front of a monitor / tv screen.

Life changes though and the Vita has given me my hobby back. This is why im willing to pay the stupid price for this game lol.

I would be with you back when i was in my early 20's and living at my parents / with mates and had all the time in the world to sit in front of a monitor / tv screen.

Life changes though and the Vita has given me my hobby back. This is why im willing to pay the stupid price for this game lol.
True. Glad I'm still in my 20s and the benefits of being single atm.

fernoca

In my case, I really liked Black Ops. Got both this and II on PS3. I play mostly at home..so the Vita is for those moments I just want to laydown.

I also had no problems against Nihilistic. Own PS Move Heroes and Burning Skies and enyoed those. That said, Declassified is probably their best game. Seeing how they managed to nail the look, feel and sound with so many time and budget limitations is quite nice (and telling on what they would've been able to accomplish with more).

And as noted: "Only 6 maps" may disappoint some, but the maps in the other modes are different. So is not like all you do in this game is play the same six maps over and over though (Hostiles has the same multiplayer maps though).

VanWinkle

I'm not buying it but I play my Vita more than my PS3/360/Wii even when I am home, and I know others like this too. Just like I know people who use their iPad at home even though they have a PC.

I'm 35 living on my own and a nice 47" 3DTV and PS3, yet I still seem willing to pay the premium for this game!

I'm not buying it but I play my Vita more than my PS3/360/Wii even when I am home, and I know others like this too. Just like I know people who use their iPad at home even though they have a PC.
Ahhhh I get it.

I mean I play my vita and 3ds more than consoles these days.

Sleeping dogs is like the only console / pc game I've finished this half of the year.

It's just the thought of updating my ps3 turns me off from... Turning it on lol.

I'm 35 living on my own and a nice 47" 3DTV and PS3, yet I still seem willing to pay the premium for this game!

Oh there are other reasons. That was just my main one. I love the fact I can pick up and play in short bursts with the minimum of hastle. I love the fact I can play while doing other things (TV or film on) and so on.

Sid

Ahhhh I get it.

I mean I play my vita and 3ds more than consoles these days.

Sleeping dogs is like the only console / pc game I've finished this half of the year.

It's just the thought of updating my ps3 turns me off from... Turning it on lol.
Update your PS3 via usb?

diffusionx

Gold Member
I prefer my life now to be honest. Gaming is a hobby, my wife and family are my world.

Its nice to be able to appreciate both.

This, although I don't have kids.

I have my separate room with my HDTV and game systems but I don't like to live in there unless she is gone.

I am debating between this and Unit 13, new Vita owner here.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Also I can play a few matches with a film on at the same time which i like to do.

This right here. I feel that the majority of people that write off "true" console games on portables don't have a wife / gf / bf that watches TV of an evening.

The WiiU has the right idea...

I learned pretty quickly that one TV in the living room just wasn't going to cut it and have been using an HDTV and PC monitor set up since I got married five years ago.

My current setup allowed me to place a monitor right next to the TV. If the wife wants to watch something, I just plug the console I want to use into the monitor and pull up a chair.

tPDQSl.jpg

Then again, not everyone's set ups allow for this to be done so easily. Plus with the Vita you can sit right next to your significant other on the couch.

Ohnonono

I have my separate room with my HDTV and game systems but I don't like to live in there unless she is gone.

Unit 13 is a game I really enjoyed even though it has its flaws. It also should be much cheaper and you could wait for a COD price drop. If you want multiplayer though go for COD. Unit 13 is a speed runny third person shooter. Score attack kinda game.

kitch9

Banned
Unit 13 is a game I really enjoyed even though it has its flaws. It also should be much cheaper and you could wait for a COD price drop. If you want multiplayer though go for COD. Unit 13 is a speed runny third person shooter. Score attack kinda game.

Unit 13 is buggy as fuck..... It can and will hard lock your Vita and crash to sound loops at times.

I learned pretty quickly that one TV in the living room just wasn't going to cut it and have been using an HDTV and PC monitor set up since I got married five years ago.

My current setup allowed me to place a monitor right next to the TV. If the wife wants to watch something, I just plug the console I want to use into the monitor and pull up a chair.

tPDQSl.jpg

Then again, not everyone's set ups allow for this to be done so easily. Plus with the Vita you can sit right next to your significant other on the couch.

I think they made the Wii U for you.

UNIT 13 is a really good single player game. COD is about the multiplayer. Choose your poison.

Unit 13 is buggy as fuck..... It can and will hard lock your Vita and crash to sound loops at times.

Didnt bug on me at all and I platinumed it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I think they made the Wii U for you.

I definitely like being able to play games on the tablet controller. Too bad it has a 480P screen and not all games will support that function. Also have zero interest in buying the system right now. Maybe next year.

i was hoping for a cheaper price for the digital copy :(
49€ is completely off the charts compared to 38€ for a physical copy here in Finland...

I definitely like being able to play games on the tablet controller. Too bad it has a 480P screen and not all games will support that function. Also have zero interest in buying the system right now. Maybe next year.

Well my nexus will be in my hands on sunday. That plus splashtop THD plus gaming PC = awesome for me.

this is one of the reasons why i'm getting the game.

i dont play my ps3 as often as i did during college. i'm either at work with good wifi (so i can play during breaks) or at my gf's house.

i have my carepackage at bestbuy ready for me to pick up, but given how busy my work/life has gotten, i'll probably end up playing more of my vita copy than my ps

Top Bottom