• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

Skyzard

Banned
Try and avoid digital price. No way you won't regret that at least a little unless you are made of money/obsessed with the franchise. Don't want anyone to think that is an acceptable price. Fucking ridiculous!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Unit 13 is buggy as fuck..... It can and will hard lock your Vita and crash to sound loops at times.

I played the demo for about a minute before it had a major crash and froze my Vita. I was interested in the game before that. But that issue put me off. As well as having no competitive multiplayer of course.

Massa

I played the demo for about a minute before it had a major crash and froze my Vita. I was interested in the game before that. But that issue put me off. As well as having no competitive multiplayer of course.

That was at launch. After some firmware updates the game was rock solid - in my experience at least.

tci

Just been playing the campaign so far. After 60 minutes I'm not feeling this game at all. Blops 1 was at least entertaining.

Not sure when or if I will go for the MP, but maybe later at some point. After more than 10 years I'm most likely finished with this series for good. Next one I will gladly skip.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
That was at launch. After some firmware updates the game was rock solid - in my experience at least.

The damage was done.

But to be perfectly honest the lack of competitive multiplayer was the reason I didn't get it.

sTeLioSco

Banned
Just been playing the campaign so far. After 60 minutes I'm not feeling this game at all. Blops 1 was at least entertaining.

Not sure when or if I will go for the MP, but maybe later at some point. After more than 10 years I'm most likely finished with this series for good. Next one I will gladly skip.

these are impressions for blops2 or declassified?

no you wont, and wrong thread maybe?

Valkyr47

Banned
The shooting in all the youtube vids ive seen looks horrible

Theres like no recoil of movement to the guns when firing... its almost like there completely static and stationary, i havent played a COD game since blops1 but all prior ones def had recoil animations

looks sterile to me

f@luS

More than a member.
The game is So-So and now its patch time

409mb. Is there any vita with hard drive ? Or is it some kind of mega dlc ? Nop

test_account

XP-39C²
The shooting in all the youtube vids ive seen looks horrible

Theres like no recoil of movement to the guns when firing... its almost like there completely static and stationary, i havent played a COD game since blops1 but all prior ones def had recoil animations

looks sterile to me
There isnt much movement on the guns indeed, but i dont think this affects the enjoyment of the game much, if anything at all.

Whoah at you putting stock into metacritic user reviews. It's like saying, boy that youtube comment really was insightful.
I think hes more surprised that it isnt filled with negative comments.

f@luS

More than a member.
Game crashed again post patch. Deleted all my custom class'. Buggy mess

Édit. Tried 2 Mp match both didnt Work and crashes again. Worst patch ever

Skyzard

Banned
Yeah adhoc on day1 is decent of them I have to say. Will probably pick this up retail soon-ish. Shame as I really do want the digital version (mofos with their pricing).

Valkyr47

Banned
There isnt much movement on the guns indeed, but i dont think this affects the enjoyment of the game much, if anything at all.

I think hes more surprised that it isnt filled with negative comments.

i guess its my personal taste

a nice recoil animation really makes the guns feel more alive and like they have weight/stopping power

adds to the immersion

so when a game has very little/none it stands out

i mean i can go fire up the original Medal Of Honor Ps1 classic on my vita and it has nice gun animations

now this modern vita game doesnt and i dont understand why

Iacobellis

Issue with a day one patch? Fuck. I remember some freezes and indefinite load times with the first update to Burning Skies to fix the servers. It went away but still.

test_account

XP-39C²
i guess its my personal taste

a nice recoil animation really makes the guns feel more alive and like they have weight/stopping power

adds to the immersion

so when a game has very little/none it stands out

i mean i can go fire up the original Medal Of Honor Ps1 classic on my vita and it has nice gun animations

now this modern vita game doesnt and i dont understand why
I see your point and i do agree that it can add to the immersion/atmosphere in the game. But personally i dont think it will affect the gameplay that much in this game :)

Ok I have played the multiplayer for about an hour and a half and here is my thoughts.

Frame rate is pretty stable at 30fps. Some maps have a touch of slow down here and there. Nothing game breaking like in resistance and oddly nuke house is worst offender. But as I said its nothing game breaking

Game really feels like CoD to me. More precisely bang in the middle of MW1 and BlOps. Was stabbing, nading and head shotting my way though games with a smile.

Map size is perfect for 4v4. Maps are all pretty different from each other and have a good mix of corridors and smallish open areas.

New game mode drop zone is really fun. A king of the hill type game where you have to capture and defend a random point. If successful you get an air drop. Point then moves somewhere else.

Didn't get any lag in game. Had some issues connecting for a while but that passed after a while. Hopefully first day jitters.

Quite a lot if guns to choose from. Good selection of perks, attachments etc to gain.

Graphics are fine. Nothing great but fine. Low res textures and stuff but doesn't bother me. Has that cod look if toned down to get it running nicely I would assume.

Sounds were fine to me but I never pay to much attention to this area. Has the usual guitar you just liked bit.

Controls are great. Feels right at home on vita. Auto run works great to. Nades are not quite as easy as on console but the are perfectly usable. Touch anywhere else to stab works really well.

All in all I'm really impressed. Sure I paid £45 (Lolz) but I will easily get my monies worth from the multiplayer.

If you want CoD on a hand held then this is it and its really fun. The vitas ease of just picking it up. Playing a game or two and putting it back down again fits this game perfectly.

Considering I wasn't expecting much until a couple of days ago they have made a massive turn around on what we saw earlier in the year. It's def not perfect but its great fun and that's all that really matters.

Hopefully it sells really well so activision support it once Nstigate move on.

Sporran

Fuckers

The one thing they did wrong in R:BS is still here this gutted.

Booted tup, tried the missions thought great now lets kick some ass.

"wrong nat type" had exactly this with R:BS yes all other online vita games are fine, 360& ps3 fine too.

twats. My router is one of them shit thomson 585's has a bug on the dmz part, so looks like a new router too.

darkwing

Fuckers

"wrong nat type" had exactly this with R:BS yes all other online vita games are fine, 360& ps3 fine too.

twats. My router is one of them shit thomson 585's has a bug on the dmz part, so looks like a new router too.

you are on NAT 3?

Fuckers

I bought an £11 Bellini N router ages ago that fixed that.

However I fixed my old router as well with a firmware update that changed it from NAT 3 to NAT 2.

Try that.

Moofers

Ok I have played the multiplayer for about an hour and a half and here is my thoughts.

Frame rate is pretty stable at 30fps. Some maps have a touch of slow down here and there. Nothing game breaking like in resistance and oddly nuke house is worst offender. But as I said its nothing game breaking

Game really feels like CoD to me. More precisely bang in the middle of MW1 and BlOps. Was stabbing, nading and head shotting my way though games with a smile.

Map size is perfect for 4v4. Maps are all pretty different from each other and have a good mix of corridors and smallish open areas.

New game mode drop zone is really fun. A king of the hill type game where you have to capture and defend a random point. If successful you get an air drop. Point then moves somewhere else.

Didn't get any lag in game. Had some issues connecting for a while but that passed after a while. Hopefully first day jitters.

Quite a lot if guns to choose from. Good selection of perks, attachments etc to gain.

Graphics are fine. Nothing great but fine. Low res textures and stuff but doesn't bother me. Has that cod look if toned down to get it running nicely I would assume.

Sounds were fine to me but I never pay to much attention to this area. Has the usual guitar you just liked bit.

Controls are great. Feels right at home on vita. Auto run works great to. Nades are not quite as easy as on console but the are perfectly usable. Touch anywhere else to stab works really well.

All in all I'm really impressed. Sure I paid £45 (Lolz) but I will easily get my monies worth from the multiplayer.

If you want CoD on a hand held then this is it and its really fun. The vitas ease of just picking it up. Playing a game or two and putting it back down again fits this game perfectly.

Considering I wasn't expecting much until a couple of days ago they have made a massive turn around on what we saw earlier in the year. It's def not perfect but its great fun and that's all that really matters.

Hopefully it sells really well so activision support it once Nstigate move on.

THANK YOU! This post was very informative and read like it came from a pretty level-headed perspective. I think you just sold me on it. Thanks again. :)

test_account

XP-39C²
This mode is also in Modern Warfare 3. It was added a bit later on after the launch.

Cool impressions, hopefully my copy arrives tomorrow :)

THANK YOU! This post was very informative and read like it came from a pretty level-headed perspective. I think you just sold me on it. Thanks again. :)

No prob. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Did you play with the patch, Omega?
Curious if the patch messed things up for others or just the one guy here?

Played after patch. Had a 10 min period where it just quit after joining a game. Then it just started working fine. Happened again a bit later but changed game type and after a bit I was in another game.

Just putting it down to opening night jitters for the mo.

Sid

No prob. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Played after patch. Had a 10 min period where it just quit after joining a game. Then it just started working fine. Happened again a bit later but changed game type and after a bit I was in another game.

Just putting it down to opening night jitters for the mo.
How's the SP?did you try it?

OmegaZero

Whoah at you putting stock into metacritic user reviews. It's like saying, boy that youtube comment really was insightful.

I have no idea how you got that out of my post, but to clarify:

I'm surprised at the amount of positive reviews in comparison to the negative ones.
Given this game's pedigree, I was expecting much more negativity.

If Declassified wasn't $50, I'd bite due to the impressions in this thread.

Top Bottom