• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

Moofers

@aegies i think black ops declassified has finally made me glad that starcraft ghost never came out.

What the fuck does that even mean? The trend of being cute and trying to sound smarter than you are while reviewing stuff is getting very annoying.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
What the fuck does that even mean? The trend of being cute and trying to sound smarter than you are while reviewing stuff is getting very annoying.

Nihilistic were originally making SC Ghost.
He thinks the game is so bad he's happy Ghost never came out because it would have been bad... or something.

He's a terrible reviewer, no matter the platform.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
He thinks the game is so bad he's happy Ghost never came out because it would have been bad... or something.

Eh.

To be honest this game looks like it's being sent to die. Not sure why Acti didn't let Treyarch do a full Blops 2 on Vita (ala Need For Speed and Criterion).

Moofers

BTW, I just picked this up. I've been booted from 2 team DM games before they started and one as I was getting my ass handed to me. (I guess turning up sensitivity before you even play and going straight to MP isn't the best approach)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
GAF: Is this game worth for the SP alone?

9oplt.png

Moofers

Ugh. I don't know why I cared. That guy has always seemed like being snarky is more important to him than enjoying things.

Moofers

BTW I'm fucking terrible at this game. The control sensitivity has to go way down for me not to over-steer. Graphics are kind of ugly so far too. Not a great first impression but I'm going to remain optimistic.

*****EDIT***

Ok, I'm checking back in to retract that statement. It looks fine. The opening room is not much to look at and I kept dying in it. lol Now I'm out and through the 1st mission and I think it looks fine. Not great like Wipeout or anything, but perfectly serviceable and not like a PSP game or anything.

Also got used to the controls once I turned the sensitivity down. Way down! But now I'm busting caps and tossing back nades with ease. Not bad at all. I feel bad for jumping the gun earlier.

test_account

XP-39C²
To be fair, about how much single player content a game has, this is a very subjective thing. It goes for every game. The most important thing in my opinion is how much fun you have with the game overall. More content does not always equal more fun (this is not an arguement for COD: Declassified, i'm talking about every game).

The "less than one hours of single player content" could sound negative, but it doesnt necessarily have to be. It depends a lot on how much enjoyment one get out of it.

What is the "other mode" hes referring to, the Hostile mode? I thought that was basically like hoard mode, and that is not something that you exactly can beat.

I just bought the Blacks Ops: Declassified Vita bundle this morning, and it does not come with any special logo on the back or a special case like Europe. Left me disappointed. Now I have two regular black Vita's in the house lol.

Takao

Banned
I just bought the Blacks Ops: Declassified Vita bundle this morning, and it does not come with any special logo on the back or a special case like Europe. Left me disappointed. Now I have two regular black Vita's in the house lol.

check if you got a download code for the psp cod

Iacobellis

Telling my friend about this now! Sorry you were expecting a special system.

Massa

that's a pathetic effort on the developers part.

That was a pathetic effort from Activision, which gave this developer 6 months to build a full game.

In any case, that tweet is incorrect. The game has 10 missions (which will take more than 45 minutes, since you'll die a few times), a horde mode and competitive multiplayer.

sajj316

That was a pathetic effort from Activision, which gave this developer 6 months to build a full game.

In any case, that tweet is incorrect. The game has 10 missions (which will take more than 45 minutes, since you'll die a few times), a horde mode and competitive multiplayer.

So he beat "Hostile"/"Horde" mode in 5 minutes .. that possible?

So what's the replay ability?

Do enemies spawn differently? How does score work?

I mean I can replay sp mode of every other game ever, but it doesn't mean I want to.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I get the feeling that the people defending the lack of SP content are seriously clutching at straws!

its okay to come out and say

Seriously.
I don't get the defense here. To be fair though, it's mainly one person.

It's not good enough, but isn't a deal breaker for me.

JCizzle

Is there a time limit on MP? I mean, let's be honest that's usually the biggest focus of COD games - not the SP. Is this a game that people can pick up and play MP for a few hours while waiting for a flight? I'd say yes. It's certainly not perfect, but Nihilistic seems to have delivered solid gameplay and the only good FPS MP experience on a handheld ever. I'm impressed, due in part to the low expectations I had based on Resistance.

Carl

Seriously.
I don't get the defense here. To be fair though, it's mainly one person.

It's not good enough, but isn't a deal breaker for me.

Lol. I'm not defending it.

Just think it's a bit unfair to say the game has one hour of content when it's a high score chasing game and the idea is to replay levels over and over.

Seeing these impressions....kind of want it.

But knowing full and well MP is what it's for 50 is a lot. Will get on the cheap. 25 - 30 seems fair. Maybe. ehhhh

sajj316

Agreed. Single player is lacking. Disappointed in that. Adding modes for free will make up for it considering the time of dev this game had and the high cost up front. More DLC missions and Zombie mode. Even offering them for free via PS+ would go a long way.

I'm buying for the multi-player and even on the go, I have a little mifi 4G LTE card to enable on the bus. I will easily put in 200 hours in multiplayer considering the amount of time I put into the other COD console titles.

Massa

Agreed. Single player is lacking. Disappointed in that. Adding modes for free will make up for it considering the time of dev this game had and the high cost up front. More DLC missions and Zombie mode. Even offering them for free via PS+ would go a long way.

Please, none of that is happening. Activision is glad the game is finally out so they can stop getting questions about it.

So does the SP Mode have a ranking system ala Unit 13? IE: stars, points, etc.
Is there any reason to replay the SP missions?

I've just about wrapped up Unit13, though will never Platinum it due to having no one to swap intel with or a friend to beat on the leaderboards

Still got my moneys worth and then some!

test_account

XP-39C²
Is there a time limit on MP? I mean, let's be honest that's usually the biggest focus of COD games - not the SP. Is this a game that people can pick up and play MP for a few hours while waiting for a flight? I'd say yes. It's certainly not perfect, but Nihilistic seems to have delivered solid gameplay and the only good FPS MP experience on a handheld ever. I'm impressed, due in part to the low expectations I had based on Resistance.
A time limit in the multiplayer rounds? If so, yeah, each round/match has a time limit that will end the round if the number of total points isnt reached.

I get the feeling that the people defending the lack of SP content are seriously clutching at straws!

its okay to come out and say
I think the defence is mostly based around the "it has less than one hour of single player content". For most people, i'd assume that this comes of as something quite negative, but it inst necessarily something negative because the levels are designed more around scoring, which could add replayability compared to if the levels were more straight forward story based. How much replayability it will have is very subjective though.

Please, none of that is happening. Activision is glad the game is finally out so they can stop getting questions about it.

Yeah pretttyyy much. Anybody expecting any DLC or Zombie mode is about to get slapped in the face with reality. Nihilistic is going to pop out patch 1.02 and fix any problems that they catch in it...after that Activision will not support this AT. ALL.

Well, Nihilistic seem to have some pride in their creation at least, and there is one more patch to go, LOL.
Here's a bit of out of the box thinking - a procedurally generated rogue-alike level, but for FPS. Infinite SP gameplay!

(Actually, I joke but Yakuza Dead Souls already did something a little like this)

berva

Neo Member
Can't speak to the Single Player content as I have only played 3 missions. The Multiplayer is much better than burning skies. Definitely feels like a COD game. Frame rate holds up nicely and looks fine. 1.0.1 patch should be rolling out which addresses all aspects of the game, waiting for that patch.

Randdalf

Well, Nihilistic seem to have some pride in their creation at least, and there is one more patch to go, LOL.
Here's a bit of out of the box thinking - a procedurally generated rogue-alike level, but for FPS. Infinite SP gameplay!

(Actually, I joke but Yakuza Dead Souls already did something a little like this)

It's easy enough to randomly generate 2D content, but in a 3D world it becomes more complicated. You could of course do it in a modular way, but then you have repeating areas. In any case, Call of Duty is such a simple game that you could very easily generate content for it if you had a good world generator.

Top Bottom