• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

berva

Neo Member
If the only good part of this game requires you to have wifi why pick this up over the console versions?

What kind of a question is that? You should definitely NOT pick this up over the console or PC version. This is for PSVITA owners, like me. Im currently playing it at work at my desk, cant do that with the console version. Please refrain from asking such bad questions.

I wonder if there are any plans for a follow up next year.

If it had more then 6 months development time it could have been something pretty decent.

If the only good part of this game requires you to have wifi why pick this up over the console versions?

I agree. How much fun can one have playing the hostiles and single player missions when away from a wifi connection? The only wifi connection I have access to is at home, and there is no way I would play this game over the FPS I have at home.

berva

Neo Member
I agree. How much fun can one have playing the hostiles and single player missions when away from a wifi connection? The only wifi connection I have access to is at home, and there is no way I would play this game over the FPS I have at home.

Really? How about using your iPhone or any other smartphone as a wifi access point like I am doing right as we speak?

Takao

Banned

do you have routine bowl movements

if so, this game may be for you

play while you poop

Im just saying why play this when your playing it in the same environment as the superior console version. The actually portable version of the game sounds pretty bad.

Skyzard

Banned
Im just saying why play this when your playing it in the same environment as the superior console version. The actually portable version of the game sounds pretty bad.

Also at home, I prefer to play my vita over PC, PS3, Wii etc..all of which are hooked up to a 42".....in my room.

It's comfy gaming and it's all in your hands - leaves you a lot free'er to stop and start when you want and do other things if necessary/feel like it.

I know you can pause a ps3 entertainment system as well, but that's not exactly the same with the power and resource still being used. Starting up takes a lot longer with consoles usually too (especially since my vita is almost always in standy).

>> I also feel a bit guilty these days locking into a full system.

There ideally isn't too much of a compromise with gameplay on the vita either...hasn't always been the case...hopefully this is still really fun too.

Ok for the 1000th time.

Don't want to hog TV from wife or abandon her to play in another room. Therefore play vita.

That

AND

I stand in line A LOT

I am in waiting areas A LOT

I have a healthy digestive system

Seriously. I find more time to game on the go than I do my console. Been this way for years now.

Vita is GOD-TIER for me at this point

Also at home, I prefer to play my vita over PC, PS3, Wii etc..all of which are hooked up to a 42".....in my room.

It's comfy gaming and it's all in your hands - leaves you a lot free'er to stop and start when you want and do other things if necessary/feel like it.

I know you can pause a ps3 entertainment system as well, but that's not exactly the same with the power and resource still being used and not really in standby like with the vita.

Im getting the wii u version for this very point. Sorry to offend but this is a 50$ portable game and the best portion requires an internet connection at all times. Its just a hard sell for me.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Itnseems that a lot of people in this thread have made up their minds even before playing the game. I think I am pretty much done with this thread. The game is good guys. That is all.

Skyzard

Banned
Im getting the wii u version for this very point. Sorry to offend but this is a 50$ portable game and the best portion requires an internet connection at all times. Its just a hard sell for me.

You're not wrong £45 digital ($70) is a hard sell for me too with no bots in offline mode (in a portable console which traditionally gets a lot less time online) so I see your point (as well as being worried about the number of maps online too). Will be waiting for a cheaper retail version not too long from now hopefully. Bigger fans undoubtedly don't care so much/easier pill to swallow - which is fair enough, it is cod on a handheld for the first time (properly).

WiiU gaming on gamepad is impressive, especially now that you can turn it on without the tv.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
It's a guesstimate but pretty accurate. I think a tweet also indicted that ...

Whatever, it's bought and I will dominate when I get it ;)
I don't think it was 6 months total dev time, more like 18 months. (That's just a guess) I read that Activision were on it for a year then Nihilistic were brought in - i'll try find the source shortly.

I'm really keen to pick this up as some portable deathmatching really appeals to me - $50 isn't expensive by Aussie standards, but like others have said, only 5 maps? Seems strange they couldn't have come up with 10 or so, given the number of maps in the console releases. Nice to see some positive impressions though.

Skyzard

Banned
Yeah will be curious how it folds out. If it doesn't have too many problems in about a 10-15 foot range, I'll likely pick up the WiiU just for the gamepad gaming. Although.. will wait to see compatibility, power usage, performance and console loudness first - especially with already having a vita for this purpose, would want something substantial - quite a lot for me these days (£300).

Skyzard

Banned
Open ports 3478-3479 I think - on your router page "Port forwarding/triggering." Check what (local) IP your vita has in the settings app.

Am I the only one not liking this game?

Graphics are crap, noticeable stuttering in some parts of multiplayer.Sub native res with no AA or AF = poor image quality. Why is so common on Vita?

My main gripe, The controls.Just doesn't feel right- don't expect controls like the console.very twitchy and awkward, no matter how I try to adjust. I don't feel like I'm in control of the player.

I'm really struggling to enjoy this game because of the above. I really wish I can like this game.

I was up all night/ early morning reading Gaf's impressions, then I decided to try it for myself and came away disappointed.

My game is fully patched up and I still sometimes get kicked out or the game just crashes to which I have to start it up again.

The reviews are going shred this game to bits.
I'm expecting average scores of 5-6.

I will still give this game a go every now and then and hope that it gets better, but I'm not counting on it.

BLOPS 2 is on it...uhm...
and a bunch of other games...

For off-screen play its pretty much a must have item unless the other 2 offer similar.

Will see how third party support plays out on it. Anyway I got a nexus 7 tablet coming and that mixed with splashtop thd will allow me to play my pc on it.

Top Bottom