• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

MisterC20XX

Any cross-game links between the Vita and PS3 versions? I'm expecting there isn't but I was hoping to see more of that from developers as an incentive to get people to buy both.

Takao

Banned
There was a commercial that recently aired in the UK showing a couple seconds of the game. SCEA waits until the last minute to start advertising for the Vita, makes little sense to me. Also, I fee happier we got Spec Ops missions rather than an actual campaign. The story in Resistance was lame. Characters had no personality, levels were bland, and the overall story was a joke.

It makes sense, do you advertise a game that won't be in stores for another month, or do you advertise the game consumers can go buy right now?

Any cross-game links between the Vita and PS3 versions? I'm expecting there isn't but I was hoping to see more of that from developers as an incentive to get people to buy both.

As far as we know there's no interconnectivity between PS3 and Vita with this game.

system seller

As in after playing this game people will be so disappointed they will sell their Vita?

Iacobellis

It makes sense, do you advertise a game that won't be in stores for another month, or do you advertise the game consumers can go buy right now?

As far as we know there's no interconnectivity between PS3 and Vita with this game.

As in after playing this game people will be so disappointed they will sell their Vita?

The UK already has an ad showing the game, as it did for others. It doesn't hurt to advertise a game releasing in less than week, it could help boost first week sales.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is it really possible that there's no screen or trailer for this?
I don't understand, it's cod, it would probably sell well whatever the quality, but if no one advertise it what's the matter of having it at all costs on vita?

Kerub

Banned
I don't understand, it's cod, it would probably sell well whatever the quality, but if no one advertise it what's the matter of having it at all costs on vita?

The budget for this game probably contained very few fucks to give.

Iacobellis

There are videos of what looks like the final build in this thread Takao made.

Looks very smooth, but graphics don't seem much improved over the Gamescom trailer like they said they would be.
It definitely does look quite a lot better than that trailer, I think you need to watch it again to properly remember how ass-tastic it looked. It was very jaggy, and extremely drab even for a COD game. It's still not going to blow anyone away but at least it doesn't look like a high res PS2 game anymore.

Iacobellis

It definitely does look quite a lot better than that trailer, I think you need to watch it again to properly remember how ass-tastic it looked. It was very jaggy, and extremely drab even for a COD game. It's still not going to blow anyone away but at least it doesn't look like a high res PS2 game anymore.

The gun sounds were not even synced to the footage. Such a joke.

I really have to wonder why the hell Activision thinks this game is worth $50...

Truthfully, effort-wise it reminds me a lot of Mercenaries 3D. I had a lot of fun with that game but I never dreamt of picking it up for $40. And now Activision brings what looks like a relatively sub par title to the Vita and expect a premium? At least Mercs 3D actually was something special because it was one of the best looking games, was in a genre that had yet to hit the system, and came during the worst portion of the 3DS drought...

I don't see what you guys are seeing in the new footage. It looks like the exact same game (ridiculously low poly, crummy textures) but this time with actual that in my opinion still doesn't boost the presentation much. I do like that the player animations seem fully intact though...

wiggleb0t

Banned
I really have to wonder why the hell Activision thinks this game is worth $50...
If they thought it was only worth $5 they would still sell it for the highest they can because
a)they're not a charity
b)it has the title 'call of duty'
c)if it's as horrible as it looks and bombs in price they might have sold a few thousand copies at full price

anddo0

From YT
Wtf just like burning skies, no music or ambient music while you play?

I hate games like this.. Ambient sound/music sets the mood. The lack of it can make a game boring (Rochard comes to mind).

test_account

XP-39C²
From YT

I hate games like this.. Ambient sound/music sets the mood. The lack of it can make a game boring (Rochard comes to mind).
Did CoD games ever have music in these modes? They dont have it in multiplayer or in Survival mode at least, that i remember for sure. I'm a bit more uncertain about Spec Ops mode, but i'm pretty sure that they dont have music either.

Iacobellis

Did CoD games ever have music in these modes? They dont have it in multiplayer or in Survival mode at least, that i remember for sure. I'm a bit more uncertain about Spec Ops mode, but i'm pretty sure that they dont have music either.

Call of Duty games do have music in multiplayer. It's heard much easier in games such as Search and Destroy where gunfire isn't as frequent.

test_account

XP-39C²
Call of Duty games do have music in multiplayer. It's heard much easier in games such as Search and Destroy where gunfire isn't as frequent.
I've played nearly 500 hours in Modern Warfare 3 online alone + a lot of hours in Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 (all being the PS3 versions), and i have yet to hear any music. There is a small jingle just when the round starts, there is a small jingle if you level up or do a challenge, and a few maps might have a radio in the scenery that plays music if you are in the proximity. But there is no constant music playing in the background.

I cant speak for every CoD game however. It could be that maybe some of them have music being played for a short random time in multiplayer, but it is not something that is constant at least. After so many hours of play, i would have noticed this.

Top Bottom