• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

Iacobellis

I've played nearly 500 hours in Modern Warfare 3 online alone + a lot of hours in Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 (all being the PS3 versions), and i have yet to hear any music. There is a small jingle just when the round starts, there is a small jingle if you level up or do a challenge, and a few maps might have a radio in the scenery that plays music if you are in the proximity. But there is no constant music playing in the background.

I cant speak for every CoD game however. It could be that maybe some of them have music being played for a short random time in multiplayer, but it is not something that is constant at least. After so many hours of play, i would have noticed this.

I should have been more specific. It's not all the time, but I remember music playing for a short while when you are the last man in Search and Destroy. Not when the announcer is speaking, but at random moments.

test_account

XP-39C²
I should have been more specific. It's not all the time, but I remember music playing for a short while when you are the last man in Search and Destroy. Not when the announcer is speaking, but at random moments.
Oh, like that. My most played modes are Team Deathmatch, Domination and Killed Confirmed. I havnt played much Search & Destroy, but i think there is a small jingle being played if you're the last man alive on your team, that is true.

Iacobellis

Oh, like that. My most played modes are Team Deathmatch, Domination and Killed Confirmed. I havnt played much Search & Destroy, but i think there is a small jingle being played if you're the last man alive on your team, that is true.

It makes my heart race for some reason, pretty much intensifies the already instense situation.

test_account

XP-39C²
It makes my heart race for some reason, pretty much intensifies the already instense situation.
Yeah, music can really add to the experience indeed. I dont feel that it is really needed for CoD multiplayer though. It could maybe be cool some places, but it is not something that i feel is missing :)

GQman2121

Banned
No ladders is the best part.

That is until the tv spot runs claiming that you can have the console experience on the go and the DS3 transforms into a Vita.

Kazerei

Banned
No ladders is the best part.

That is until the tv spot runs claiming that you can have the console experience on the go and the DS3 transforms into a Vita.

It's funny that someone actually asked, "any ladders to climb?" Kind of a silly question ... but wait, the answer is no? lololololol

Looking on the brightside; I tried some utterly awful 3D Android games today (seriously stuff like Rayman/World of Goo runs great but a lot of this stuff is just plain dull!) and this looks better(ish)!

$49.99 is surely just a viral marketing ploy. Right?

BadWolf

That footage looks pretty solid I think.

Looks like there's been lots of hate but they might end up delivering in the end.

single player looks closer to a COD them then what I was expecting.

Does it actually have a story? Are the cutscenes? Are there returning characters from BLOPS1 and did they get the right voice actors?

Did Treyarch have any input?

Sporran

had this on pre order for months but no turning back now Shopto just charged the credit card :D

Come on vita peeps get your names down for some online action :D

It's certainly starting to look like COD, but it's hard to get past the lack of content. $50 for the kind of features you'd expect from a mobile version of COD... eh

Sporran

It's certainly starting to look like COD, but it's hard to get past the lack of content. $50 for the kind of features you'd expect from a mobile version of COD... eh

true but no other platform offers you a proper cod experience while on the shitter so its worth £35 imo.

the lack of cheesy rock music or w/e is quit jarring tbh.

I assume this is the retail game people are playing?

I really hope western vita games sell decent enough. an ass creed and CoD game that aren't rushed could be potentially awesome.

This actually looks really good... the content and the structure of the "campaign" is what concerns me though. I'm just not sure I'm willing to part with $49.99 for this.

It would be easier to swallow for $39.99, but not $49.99.

Takao

Banned
If this was $30 I'd be okay. $50 is huahuahuahuahuahuahua, and the reviewers are going to rip this game apart.

Sporran

=Takao;44169999the reviewers are going to rip this game apart.

And that is the shame cause MOH had the same and i actually liked the story and authenticity.

Maybe if they gave the reviewers free vita's it would make a difference but then again they might sue if they are found out ;)

Ohnonono

My expectations for this have been very low. This footage looks like CoD on a handheld. Sucks it is missing some features but as someone who last played CoD4 this is something I am going to pick up I think.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This looks way better than I was expecting it to look.

Lowered expectations I guess but I kind of want this now. Not for $50 but want none the less.

Actually doesn't look that bad or at least compared to earlier vids. Just me or does every COD have some instance where you put c4 on a door -> blasts open -> slow motion kills

Takao

Banned
AC:L and NFS: MW on Vita were criticized by some for not being a 1:1 recreation of the console experience despite both being $20 less. This game is no where near what you'd expect from a CoD game in terms of content, and is only $10 less than CoD:Blops II.

Ohnonono

AC:L and NFS: MW on Vita were criticized by some for not being a 1:1 recreation of the console experience despite both being $20 less. This game is no where near what you'd expect from a CoD game in terms of content, and is only $10 less than CoD:Blops II.

The 50$ price tag is stupid for sure. Game does look good though.

Piggus

Anybody know if this is native res or not? It didn't look like it in the old videos but the new ones look a lot smoother. Very impressive looking... I'm actually considering getting it now.

This looks way better than I was expecting it to look.

Lowered expectations I guess but I kind of want this now. Not for $50 but want none the less.

Agreed. I am surprised that it actually looks interesting. I am still curious about the reviews though.

Yeah, I wonder how this will sell at that price. I think most people would rather just spend the extra $10 and get the console version

Why would that even be a choice. Why would you play your handheld at home?

Top Bottom