• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Not sure if it's been answered, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. What happens when you prestige this time around? Had heard you'd be 'rewarded' with another empty class for Create a Class. This true?

see5harp

Jumped into one of my friend's games and apparently she is friends with Fourzerotwo. Dude was actually good and probably got near first place in every game we played. Multiplayer is so rewarding with all of the additional perks and titles. SOOOO fun.

Billy Mitchell said:
Does anybody know if the patch removed the "last kill shot" thing at the end of each match? Ever since the patch I am not seeing it happen.

Sure you're not just in matches that have been ending by the time running out? Pretty sure the game winning kill only comes up if that kill ends the game, not just the last kill of the match.

I wish there was like a 10 second timer or something on care packages so that only the person who called them could grab them in that time, unless they died or something. Having stupid team mates grab care packages when you're clearly waiting for it to drop is the most annoying thing ever.

ThirstyFly said:
Sure you're not just in matches that have been ending by the time running out? Pretty sure the game winning kill only comes up if that kill ends the game, not just the last kill of the match.

hmm, I hope that was the case but I believe the past handful of matches all ended with reaching the score limit and I have not seen a killshot ever since updating. Hopefully its just a bug on my end because I enjoyed that feature :)

Loxley

Blindfutur3 said:
Not sure if it's been answered, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. What happens when you prestige this time around? Had heard you'd be 'rewarded' with another empty class for Create a Class. This true?

To my knowledge IW has never revealed what happens, which I actually think is a good idea. So I suppose it's only a matter of time before some "h4rdc0r3z" player starts to prestige and lets the internet know :)

UFRA

SolidSquirrel said:
I really miss the ability to reload after the screen has gone grey and the match has ended. Bring it back, damnit!

ME TOO!!!!!! After every match I always sit there tapping the reload button only to get no satisfaction. :( lol

So the newest patch removed the 'join game' option from your friends list on the ps3??
Wtf, this better be a stopgap measure until friday for the party patch of whatever. Kinda worrisome that they would remove that.

kevm3

Neverender said:
I wish there was like a 10 second timer or something on care packages so that only the person who called them could grab them in that time, unless they died or something. Having stupid team mates grab care packages when you're clearly waiting for it to drop is the most annoying thing ever.

You don't know how agitated I was that a retarded teammate grabbed my care package when I was RIGHT THERE in front of it and it was a predator missle strike.

kevm3 said:
You don't know how agitated I was that a retarded teammate grabbed my care package when I was RIGHT THERE in front of it and it was a predator missle strike.

Your Teammates open the care package slower than you do.

Mohonky

Fuck activisions decisiion to not allow party chat on Xbox360. I turned my microphone off after a few matches online, can't stand hearing the random bullshit and abuse people throw about.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
devilchicken said:
So the newest patch removed the 'join game' option from your friends list on the ps3??
Wtf, this better be a stopgap measure until friday for the party patch of whatever. Kinda worrisome that they would remove that.
I just patched it, and see it for my friends in pre-game lobbies so nah.

Just finished this in one sitting ha.

I'm disappointed. The campaign felt like an excuse to have crazy action sequences. Some were cool, some were just way over the top. I hate the bloodsplatter so much. It's like a flashbang.

Griffith

Banned
Neverender said:
Can you grab them once a team mate is in the process of obtaining it, though?
I think so. Some arsehole was trying to grab the AC 130 that came in my care package. He got there slightly before me, but I still got it.

Neverender said:
Can you grab them once a team mate is in the process of obtaining it, though?

Yes. As a Teammate I have gone in and tried to get one, the guy who dropped it, or at the very least another teammate got it open first. I had the opening meter and everything.

UltimaPooh said:
Yes. As a Teammate I have gone in and tried to get one, the guy who dropped it, or at the very least another teammate got it open first. I had the opening meter and everything.

Ah ok, I must have been too slow the couple times it's had happened to me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DSP just finished his playthrough, awesome!

DrBo42

Just finished the campaign. Enjoyed it quite a bit, it's a fun ride. Not sure what people are complaining about, it's Call of Duty.

I agree with the general sentiments here regarding the single player. I found the Rio mission so frustrating. You CAN'T be careful, because people pop up from everywhere, all directions, all heights. This meant that, for me, the only real solution was spam flashbangs and run with the shotty. It was like I was playing American Football - just had to get those ten yards to the checkpoint! 'Youre injured. Get to cover.' WHAT COVER?! Its a shame, because the snow mission was great and so was multiplayer, but if the rest of the single player is like Rio, then fuck that. It just wasn't fun.

Neverender said:
Ah ok, I must have been too slow the couple times it's had happened to me.

Yeah it's a good thing to keep an eye on it and go for it right when it drops, as long as you are not in the middle of a firefight.

I dunno if this has happened to anyone else but a few times I have called for a care package and as it lands it bounces towards me. The only times I see it bounce it bounces towards me... I wonder if the game does that on purpose.

Kaltagesta said:
I agree with the general sentiments here regarding the single player. I found the Rio mission so frustrating. You CAN'T be careful, because people pop up from everywhere, all directions, all heights. This meant that, for me, the only real solution was spam flashbangs and run with the shotty. It was like I was playing American Football - just had to get those ten yards to the checkpoint! 'Youre injured. Get to cover.' WHAT COVER?! Its a shame, because the snow mission was great and so was multiplayer, but if the rest of the single player is like Rio, then fuck that. It just wasn't fun.

How would you make the level differently?

mr_nothin

Banned
DrBo42 said:
Just finished the campaign. Enjoyed it quite a bit, it's a fun ride. Not sure what people are complaining about, it's Call of Duty.

More like 500 meter Dash to the Finis- checkpoint. MP is awesome though.

dallow_bg said:
I just patched it, and see it for my friends in pre-game lobbies so nah.
Thats weird, maybe the ppl that i was trying to join havent patched and thats why it wasnt showin for me, only thing i saw was 'invite'.. hm.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
That's it? That was the terribly hard Rio level?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

First time, I play a CoD game on Hardened first, and I blasted through that mission with like 3 deaths. You need to be a terrible player, to actually think that this was difficult. The snow level was much harder and cooler to boot (pun intended).

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Do the later rocket launchers have immunity to flares? The AC130 and Pavelow are so fucking hard to kill because of it.

Also, why does no one else use rocket launchers? :(

Jtrizzy

Yeah Rio sucks ass for the exact reasons you posted. It gets better though, and has less of that feeling you get in Rio that someone is going to cheaply pop out behind you at any time. There is definitely a part of that board that is just broken and I had to run through it like you said.

bigswords

Sorry can someone help me answer this question?

In MP how do you auto lock onto UAVs, heli and etc with the rocket launcher?

Using Ironsights will just make it fire straight , is there any indicator that shows that it's locked on?

mr_nothin

Banned
Aim (down iron sights) at said aircraft and listen for a "beep, beep..beeeeeeeep" sound. Literally takes 1.5 seconds. Not that hard.

Did anyone get slightly emotional in the *Warning Ending Spoiler*
pulling the knife out of your chest to throw it at Shepherd
scene? I don't mean crying emotional, but more like
OMG FUCKING PULL IT OUT!! GOTA SAVE PRICE UUNNNRRGGGGHHH
and then shout a big 'fuck you' when you did?

Slightly embarrassed to admit, but I also gave a WOOOOHOO!! in the
snow mobile
scene.

Jesus, this shit never happens to me normally. Must be getting old or something.:lol

NameGenerated said:
Do the later rocket launchers have immunity to flares? The AC130 and Pavelow are so fucking hard to kill because of it.

Also, why does no one else use rocket launchers? :(

This is insanely annoying. It seems like NO ONE except the people in my party like to take out the other team's air support. Early in matches I always take out the UAV's, and anytime there is air support, and I'm outside, I'm looking up to take it out. If it's not me or 2 of my friends, it seems like nobody cares and just keeps getting slaughtered by them. I've also seen players on the other team not even attempt to take out my Pavelows, it's amazing.

It doesn't help that the air support is way overpowered on top of that. Not only do they have the boxes around targets, then they can kill you in less than a second, AND they have the ground support of the rest of their team. It takes like 5 seconds to pull out a launcher, aim, lock on, and shoot. By then you can be killed in an infinite number of ways, and almost instantly by the air support alone. So frustrating.

bigswords

mr_nothin said:
Aim (down iron sights) at said aircraft and listen for a "beep, beep..beeeeeeeep" sound. Literally takes 1.5 seconds. Not that hard.

Bingo thanks, I should learn to turn up the volume abit now and again..

Net_Wrecker said:
This is insanely annoying. It seems like NO ONE except the people in my party like to take out the other team's air support. Early in matches I always take out the UAV's, and anytime there is air support, and I'm outside, I'm looking up to take it out. If it's not me or 2 of my friends, it seems like nobody cares and just keeps getting slaughtered by them. I've also seen players on the other team not even attempt to take out my Pavelows, it's amazing.

How would you take it out if your class doesn't have a stinger or rocket launcher?

I'm usually ace at taking out vehicles in other games like Halo 3 but you have specified weapons for your character in COD.

UltimaPooh said:
How would you make the level differently?
I don't know. I'm not a game designer, or even a wannabe game designers. But I know when I'm not having fun playing something. I don't find it.fun when you poke your head out of a door and you get a face full of jam. You subsequently 'take cover' back in the building only for a guy standing on a platform you had way of knowing was there blow the rest of your brains out with a shotgun. Of course, I couldn't see this person, thanks to my jam face. I don't know how I'd design the level differently, but for me that one really wasn't fun.

The Pave Low or whatever it's called is freakin ridiculous, particularly when you consider that you can get it from just 4 kills (care package) or even 3 (hardline). Get it on a map like Afghan or Wasteland and you will just rack up the kills.

UltimaPooh said:
How would you take it out if your class doesn't have a stinger or rocket launcher?

I'm usually ace at taking out vehicles in other games like Halo 3 but you have specified weapons for your character in COD.

Um, I dunno?...MAKE ONE WITH A LAUNCHER maybe? It's really not that hard to have ONE class with a launcher on it so that when you die, you just switch classes one time, and take a shot at the thing. Or even better, THERE'S A DEFAULT CLASS with a Rocket on it. How hard is it to try and soak up 300 points, all while helping the whole team?

UltimaPooh said:
Yeah it's a good thing to keep an eye on it and go for it right when it drops, as long as you are not in the middle of a firefight.

I dunno if this has happened to anyone else but a few times I have called for a care package and as it lands it bounces towards me. The only times I see it bounce it bounces towards me... I wonder if the game does that on purpose.

lol yeah, it happened once. I saw it coming down and it was going to land on a slight hill, and I was thinking 'I wonder if it will kill me if it rolls into me...'. Yep.

Kaltagesta said:
I don't know. I'm not a game designer, or even a wannabe game designers. But I know when I'm not having fun playing something. I don't find it.fun when you poke your head out of a door and you get a face full of jam. You subsequently 'take cover' back in the building only for a guy standing on a platform you had way of knowing was there blow the rest of your brains out with a shotgun. Of course, I couldn't see this person, thanks to my jam face. I don't know how I'd design the level differently, but for me that one really wasn't fun.

I didn't say you were a game designer or planned to be one. When someone criticizes something they should at least offer up alternative ways to make it better. With that said, I also fond the level frustrating at times but that's what Guerilla Warfare is, especially in a shanty town where the locals know the ins and outs and you don't. The level isn't game breaking in that it's so hard you'll take forever to beat it... you'll just be set back a few times.

Net_Wrecker said:
Um, I dunno?...MAKE ONE WITH A LAUNCHER maybe? It's really not that hard to have ONE class with a launcher on it so that when you die, you just switch classes one time, and take a shot at the thing. Or even better, THERE'S A DEFAULT CLASS with a Rocket on it. How hard is it to try and soak up 300 points, all while helping the whole team?

Jesus, calm down. I was just asking.

I mostly run for cover in the first place and wait it out... I don't usually run out into the open just to get wasted.

UltimaPooh said:
Jesus, calm down. I was just asking.

I mostly run for cover in the first place and wait it out... I don't usually run out into the open just to get wasted.

Sorry if it seems like I was taking it out on you, I'm just a bit frustrated with the lack of balance, and dumb teammates.

And BTW, there aren't always times when you can run for cover, and wait out what seems like a 3 minute beast hovering over your every move. If 3 people take out a Stinger, and shoot at the thing, it'll be gone in 20 seconds at the most.

Awntawn

MarkMclovin said:
Yeah that part kind of reminded me of that one scene in MGS4

diss

Banned
I don't think I like the traditional COD gameplay anymore, where it's me versus a thousand enemies. I very much liked COD4, 2, and 1 so maybe I'm just sick of this formula now. I do however like the levels where you just follow behind someone and act like sneaky commando mofos. I know it's basically Simon Says, but I find it more... compelling than shooting my way through every military trained personnel on Earth.

However the ending
with the boat ride and the half dozen fake out endings (oh you're dead... OH wait Price is up... oh he's dead... OH WAIT you have a knife in your chest... alright now we're all dead... OH WAIT price is up... no he's dead... no here's.. nikolai?)
made it all worthwhile for me.

voltron

So I'm still waiting for my copy. What I'm getting from this thread is that people aren't happy with the single player. Really surprising (and disappointing) if true.

SP is the main reason I'm playing the fame too :(

MacBosse

MarkMclovin said:

Slightly embarrassed to admit, but I also gave a WOOOOHOO!! in the
snow mobile
scene.

Jesus, this shit never happens to me normally. Must be getting old or something.:lol

You and me both my man. You and me both.

voltron said:
So I'm still waiting for my copy. What I'm getting from this thread is that people aren't happy with the single player. Really surprising (and disappointing) if true.

SP is the main reason I'm playing the fame too :(
Yeah I haven't picked this up yet but the single player looks far more 'exciting' to me than COD4 (which was a little bland IMO).

Top Bottom