• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

winnarps said:
http://imgur.com/S9k5H.jpg[IMG]

VS.

[IMG]http://imgur.com/Lp15n.jpg[/MG]

VS.

[IMG]http://imgur.com/rVQ5e.jpg[IMG]

Wtf are you smoking?[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, that Counterstrike still is f'ing hilarious. It just screams: "if you need something to look advanced and lifelike, please compare it to this wooden, 2-D screenshot."

Or you could just call it "Still Life With Soldier and Steamroller-Flattened Laundry."

Pleae, just to have a quick laugh, [I]look[/I] at that f'ing laundry.

UAV jammer/cold blooded unlocks way too late imho. I've just unlocked HCTDM and if I play it now I'll give away my position and possibly my teams when a UAV gets called up. Oh well 6 more levels to go, getting tired of shooting people with the Cheytac M200 Intervention center mass and they just keep on running.

PS3 owners boicoted by Microsoft exclusive deal. It was not only advertising guys!.

Ms representative:
-1st not show them the game
-2nd fuck them trophies
-3d if not enough: fuck them the multiplayer.

:D

Eiolon said:
Looks like it has something to do with the CD key:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1020444

People are getting keys that are from unauthorized sellers or keys for different languages.
Ugh. I did buy the key online, but I have no reason to believe it's illegal. (Not a reason to believe it's 100% legal though..). They didn't tell me upfront it would be a Russian key. Oh well.. time to play the e-mail game again..

Violater

chubigans said:
Jeez, for all the talk about this game being the biggest seller in the history of everything, it strikes me as odd that they wouldn't have enough servers day one.

You 3rd rate people don't seem to know your place do you :/

Raxus

ExtraKr1spy said:
UAV jammer/cold blooded unlocks way too late imho. I've just unlocked HCTDM and if I play it now I'll give away my position and possibly my teams when a UAV gets called up. Oh well 6 more levels to go, getting tired of shooting people with the Cheytac M200 Intervention center mass and they just keep on running.
My biggest complaint about the MP. Stingers and Coldblooded unlock way too late. Especially for such necessary weapons.

LowParry

Foliorum Viridum said:
There's like 7/8 achievements for Veteran stuff. :)

Which is a pain in the ass. You gotta have a lot of patience with Veteran mode. You'll have some random shooter snipe you with a freakin Ak-47 some good 100 feet away and you'll die. I think I'm almost done with SP though. Approaching
Whiskey Hotel.

And I'm digging my setup with my assault rifle.

Bling
....can't remember the name. One less kill for your killstreaks.
Scrambler <?> Is this the UAV jammer?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is there a gaf clan of some sort for PSN? Or anyone that wants to play... looking for some more ppl to play with. psn is tigerheli.

So Sony drops the price with the PS3 Slim, but didn't think to upgrade things on the online side to accommodate all the new owners, especially with MW2 coming out?

Yeah...sounds about right.

EekTheKat

Banzaiaap said:
What were they doing on your Friends list in the first place?

Beats me, people tend to randomly add me since my PSN name is fairly common in the gaming community.

Couple of them were from when I played RE5 with them, thought there was no harm in adding them, but turns out they're bigger idiots than I thought they were.

perineumlick said:
So Sony drops the price with the PS3 Slim, but didn't think to upgrade things on the online side to accommodate all the new owners, especially with MW2 coming out?

But the problem isn´t in Infinity Ward matchmaking server ?.

The multiplayer is awesome but I'm having to force myself to beat the campaign :\. It is just so tedious...espescially on veteran. There is NO satisfaction in the gunplay. Enemies just fall down and it just doesn't feel good to actually shoot them.

It doesn't help that WaW actually did things to fix this with the addition of gore. It has MW2 feeling extremely stale in comparison.

Az

Really think this is BS. I will be really pissed if they make me wait until friday to play online. I am usually on more during weekdays since I always find shit to do during weekends.

So can someone explain to me how this server thing works. Are they located at some IW offices or is it on Sony's side? WTF did IW expect to sell 1000 PS3 copies?

Amneisac

You have to hate yourself to play Call of Duty games on veteran. They go from being an enjoyable string of scripted set pieces to a broken mess of memorizing spawn points, invisible AI triggers, dumb but inhumanly accurate AI, and an endless stream of grenades that seem to just spawn at your feet.

Animator said:
He means the game looks like ass. I have to agree.

Some mp levels look like you are playing CS: Source. The single player looks like ass as well with no dynamic objects to be found anywhere. I was shooting at some cardboard boxes just now and apparently they are rpg proof.

Im quite sure mw1 looked much better in single and multiplayer than mw2.

Nah i'm sure MW2 looks shitloads better, been a while since i played it though. The engine hasn't aged well, it's the most barebones of lighting effects, some of the geometry and objects are blocky as fuck and the physics are hilarious (i keep seeing plants WITH clay pots bouncing around the levels)

The floaty embers coming off the plane looked nice though.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Just played the gulag level, very impressive ^^

And is it just me or does that level is almost an exact copy of The Rock (the movie not the actor)? ^^

EekTheKat said:
Beats me, people tend to randomly add me since my PSN name is fairly common in the gaming community.

Couple of them were from when I played RE5 with them, thought there was no harm in adding them, but turns out they're bigger idiots than I thought they were.
Happens to me a lot. I get a random invite and usually just accept it while trying to recall where I know them from. If I don't remember them after a while and don't get any messages from them, I eventually just delete them.

Dark FaZe said:
The multiplayer is awesome but I'm having to force myself to beat the campaign :\. It is just so tedious...espescially on veteran. There is NO satisfaction in the gunplay. Enemies just fall down and it just doesn't feel good to actually shoot them.

It doesn't help that WaW actually did things to fix this with the addition of gore. It has MW2 feeling extremely stale in comparison.

The COD formula for single player is getting boring. No AI, no hunting satisfaction.

perineumlick said:

the problem is with IW's servers. not Sony's. ugh.

depward

perineumlick said:

Yeah that makes zero sense. PSN isn't down; CoD: MW2s servers are down.

cameltoe

dark10x said:
OK, that's not true at all. While I don't think MW2 is amazing to behold, it definitely looks better than the original. *MUCH* better textures, superior lighting, more complex map geometry, etc etc.

I disagree about the textures, they look to be the same to me. Ground textures are shit just like MW1.

MirageDwarf said:
Game puts Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld in same category as others. Fucking hilarious. Must be a joke.

some of the quotes are serious some aren't. In CoD4 there was a quote about precision carpet bombing..

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
cameltoe said:
I disagree about the textures, they look to be the same to me. Ground textures are shit just like MW1.
Oh, they aren't great, but I was just playing MW the day before MW2 and I definitely feel they have improved quite a bit.

fizzelopeguss said:
The floaty embers coming off the plane looked nice though.
I'm fairly impressed by the floating debris throughout the levels, kinda throws you off guard. I've found myself swearing I saw a guy run into a building and then thought "It was probably a freaking piece of paper." That adds some tension, gets jumpy, makes you shoot at fire hydrants. :lol

cameltoe said:

Graphically is better than the first one. And frame rate a little better (PS3). But the IGN 10 for graphics is a fucking joke.

Kingsora said:
Just played the gulag level, very impressive ^^

And is it just me or does that level is almost an exact copy of The Rock (the movie not the actor)? ^^
Yeah I got that sense in the shower room scene, and also when you
light green flares at the end to wave off the airstrike.

depward said:
Yeah that makes zero sense. PSN isn't down; CoD: MW2s servers are down.
So PSN is not down? I'm not home, so I'm just going by what I've read online. Someone mentioned PSN servers in this thread, I thought.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Anyone else having trouble synching trophies still? I haven't been able to do it successfully since the game came out. It always freezes up at 54%. I have 1.02 already too.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Gary Whitta said:
Yeah I got that sense in the shower room scene, and also when you
light green flares at the end to wave off the airstrike.
Indeed,
the only difference was that they were going in the sewers, instead of coming out of them
:D

Anyhow very cool from IW to make this :)

Raxus

layzie1989 said:
Does anyone know hor to turn off the music in the game? Theres only one slider for volume...i wanna be able to play my own music :(
Sadly nothing for just the music. I tried. It is hard to listen to friends at the menu whit the music blaring. It is annoying.

RoboPlato said:
Anyone else having trouble synching trophies still? I haven't been able to do it successfully since the game came out. It always freezes up at 54%. I have 1.02 already too.

Yup, I'm having this issue and also getting kicked from PSN randomly.

Willeth

Zabka said:
Why not just use the M9? It holds 15 rounds.

I used it for the whole second half of the course on my 29 second run.
Maybe I didn't try out the M9. The Deagle seemed to be the only one that reliably took them out in one shot, allowing for fewer reloads.

Top Bottom