• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

I love the quote on the back of the box: "The DEFINITIVE shit-talking, Halo-jumping experience!!!" Or whatever.

"DEFINITIVE!" is the new KILLER APP.

Raxus

Willeth said:
Maybe I didn't try out the M9. The Deagle seemed to be the only one that reliably took them out in one shot, allowing for fewer reloads.
You can only get 2/3rds through the course using the MP5K so the M9 is necessary. Best way to shave seconds is to know how to take out two targets at once in certain areas.

J-Rzez

I don't know who went with the theme of these maps, but man. These maps go from "O.K." to "WTF were they thinking". This game is a far worse offender than the debacle that was SOCOM 3's maps. There are two whole maps that I think are soundly designed, two or so more that are par for the course, then the rest are abysmal.

The auto-aim in this game infuriates me. It's so damn intrusive, forcing you to double or triple compensate. There should be an option to disable this shit.

The bunny hoppers and floor divers are really starting to get annoying.

But on a lighter side, I did enjoy killing two people, running dry, then getting the game winning kill with a throwing knife. Funny to hear the people's reaction to it.

Didn't get to see any nukes yet. Someone was close to getting it on my team once but never sealed the deal.

ugh I am so damn tired of playing the same damn maps in FFA. It's fucking stupid that all of them arent playable. What happen to the close quarters and quick action that they prided themselves on. These fucking maps are huge and all over the place. I never had this problem in COD4. What the fuck if aint broke dont god damn fix it. Why do they always shit like this.

Raxus said:
My friends don't seem to be having trouble with PSN online play. Weird.

Did they install the new patch? Cause I installed it and it's not picking up matchmaking playlists... bullshit!

Infinity Ward: Here you go. Modern Warfare 2 - Fully operational multi-player.
PS3 Owners: WTF? WHERE'S MY TROPHY FOR SINGLE-PLAYER?
Infinity Ward: What? Single-player? You want single-player?!! You got it buddy! NO MULTIPLAYER FOR YOU!

Oh and blaming server overload is a BAD BAD EXCUSE! They should've known better. They know that loads of people are going to play this. They knew about the Million+ people playing it.

Oh well...

Raxus

Really? I think the maps are universally better than the CoD4 maps. No more showdown, wetwork type maps. Sure a couple of the maps are duds but there is alot more to offer this time around. Tons of room to keep moving with my P90 stealth class.

Violater

42zero "Xbox Live servers are maintained and ran by Microsoft. PSN servers are ran and maintained by 3rd party companies hired to do so."

PSN monkey collaborative. :/
this shit ain't funny
Start posting pics/drawings of what we think that establishment looks like right now.

Raxus

IcebergSlim3000 said:
ugh I am so damn tired of playing the same damn maps in FFA. It's fucking stupid that all of them arent playable. What happen to the close quarters and quick action that they prided themselves on. These fucking maps are huge and all over the place. I never had this problem in COD4. What the fuck if aint broke dont god damn fix it. Why do they always shit like this.
Besides rust and terminal they really need more FFA style maps. Killhouse would be nice to see again in that aspect.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
twitter.com/fourzerotwo...

"@Kaboutertje MP doesn't require a patch. It's a server overload not a bug in the code. They're working to have servers back up ASAP."

Raxus

Bright side to the PSN issues means that the sheer amount of players playing on PS3 has to mean the new system is still selling very well.

Violater said:
42zero "Xbox Live servers are maintained and ran by Microsoft. PSN servers are ran and maintained by 3rd party companies hired to do so."

PSN monkey collaborative. :/
this shit ain't funny
Start posting pics/drawings of what we think that establishment looks like right now.

0,1020,1445713,00.jpg

GodofWine

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
twitter.com/fourzerotwo...

"@Kaboutertje MP doesn't require a patch. It's a server overload not a bug in the code. They're working to have servers back up ASAP."

Im happy as long as ASAP equals 9pm...got shit to do...and knowing other people aren't lvl'ing without me, priceless ;)

PS3 Status: Patch successful. Trophy Unlocks on PS3 now available in Single Player & Spec Ops. Adding more servers to meet MP demand.

Huh? Thought it was all P2P? Or is he talking about storage for profiles and stats?

Raxus said:
Bright side to the PSN issues means that the sheer amount of players playing on PS3 has to mean the new system is still selling very well.

Which I can't believe.

I thought you PS3 heads were only into RPG's and what have you.

Just finished the campaign. Pretty good overall. The ending was pretty powerful, but it would've been more so if it wasn't
similar to CoD4's

Guess I'll have to look up the story to understand it - I had to do the same thing with CoD4. :lol

Raxus

Dax01 said:
Just finished the campaign. Pretty good overall. The ending was pretty powerful, but it would've been more so if it wasn't
similar to CoD4's

Guess I'll have to look up the story to understand it - I had to do the same thing with CoD4. :lol
You are a bad dude. These dudes want to mess with you. Shoot them. /summary

Raxus said:
Really? I think the maps are universally better than the CoD4 maps. No more showdown, wetwork type maps. Sure a couple of the maps are duds but there is alot more to offer this time around. Tons of room to keep moving with my P90 stealth class.
You disgust me.

Dax01 said:
similar to CoD4's

Hell I don't even remember the end of COD4......

Like I said before. I didn't even know people were buying this game for Single Player.:lol

hgplayer1

got my copy yesterday and played through much of the SP but had to force myself to stop as I didnt want to finish it in one sitting.

not sure how far i am from the end but Ive seen a couple of the more talked about "scenes".

MP is crack ...... again. I had a couple bad games to start then got in a groove and was near the top of the boards every game. my worries about the HUD turned out to be not too big a deal. I guess it looks busier when watching vids.

Raxus said:
Besides rust and terminal they really need more FFA style maps. Killhouse would be nice to see again in that aspect.

YEESSS Those are the only 2 decent maps on the FFA playlist. The others have to much stuff going on. It seems like a race to see who can shoot the most people in the back. You never feel safe. It seems like people just come from all directions. It never felt like this in COD4. Maybe the other maps are better. I wouldn't know cause they wont fucking let me play them.

Raxus said:

or they underestimated and put up a server that can only hold 100K users at a time ;P

JK.

Hey. that's still goood!! ;D

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
:lol I just finished off the single player and I've got to say the story in this game is total garbage. Even by video game standards it's really bad.

Also, it's really short. I actually fill like it's a bit of a rip off. I know the MP adds most of the value but I felt like the game was just pushing me through a movie for a few hours. It may as well of just been on rails.

The MP is a lot of fun so it's not all bad.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The Favela mission was a pain in the ass at first. Then I just said fuck it and sprinted through the whole thing barely firing my weapon. :lol

Raxus

Dax01 said:
Does IW even know how to make other games besides Call of Duty?:lol
Mind Games. How far can one go to piss off a single community and not expect repercussions. First it starts with a price hike...

Irish

The throwing knives have to be the greatest things ever. Nothing is more fun than running around in the Snake CQC stance and knifing everything in sight. Plus, you get those "long" distance kills with the throwing knives.

Another fun thing to do:

Get several people, play in third person, and use shields and throwing knives. Bashing shields against each other is extremely fun.

Finished SP this morning. I have to say that the levels ranged from awesome to why am I playing this offline?

Task Force 141's missions were really the only standout ones that were actually fun though.

Also IW really needs to explain things a little better storywise. I think I know what happened, but the why is never answered, save for possibly one sentence in the last level.

xbhaskarx

Willeth said:
Maybe I didn't try out the M9. The Deagle seemed to be the only one that reliably took them out in one shot, allowing for fewer reloads.

I use the Desert Eagle and the SCAR, but the SCAR runs out of bullets before I even make it up stairs. Fastest time I could get with SCAR/DE is 35 sec (33 after bonus) I tried probably 15-20 times last night.

Maybe the DE/M9 combo would be better, the reload time is what kills me

Chrono

Banned
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p004v8l0#p0052jcc

Check out chapter 5, the BBC world service talks about MW2 and game violence for a few minutes. A british MP goes to bat for games on the show too.

And world have your say has a blog post on it, but just scanning the comments and seeing this one reminded me how it's nearly always painful to hear the 'masses' sound off on anything:

I don’t care what your virtual experience is or what theme it has. What you’re doing is sitting indoors, probably alone, staring at a screen and moving only your thumbs while the creative part of your brain atrophies into a lump along with the rest of your body.
Pretty cool, I suppose – if you’re living in a nursing home.

Top Bottom