• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

djblackice said:
No noticeable drops. At all. I went through a crazy scene too. Holding up well so far.

Please help with this for those who have it:

How do I get to play the controversial scene? I saw the warnings and I think I chose to be able to play it, but for some reason I didn't get to. Is there an option to reset it and try it out?

Its level 4 you realize?

hamchan

djblackice said:
No noticeable drops. At all. I went through a crazy scene too. Holding up well so far.

Please help with this for those who have it:

How do I get to play the controversial scene? I saw the warnings and I think I chose to be able to play it, but for some reason I didn't get to. Is there an option to reset it and try it out?
It's the mission after 'cliffhanger'. If you didn't get it you can probably choose it from the mission list.

TheHeretic said:
Its level 4 you realize?

Ok thanks. I thought I heard somewhere it was
the first mission
and was worried I missed it or cilcked the wrong option on the warning when it first came up.

Kerm 1

Kibbles said:
How do you change the shipping you want. If I click buy it now it goes to UPS Ground. (note: I'm not buying it here yet, just wondering). Also, did u get a tracking #?

It allows you to select the shipping option during checkout.

cresto

I'm really shocked IW didnt put up another teaser today. I mean with 1 week away you think they'd want to really get us salivating!

LowParry

I just hope the PC community sticks around to play. I just can't do FPS on the PS3's dualshock. It's so weird. I kinda wish I had my 360 but I needed the cash.

Kerm 1

Kibbles said:
Did anyone even talk to that ebay guy? With Express Shipping it says on the bottom
after seller receives cleared payment" if you click shipping & payment. o_O That would be monday at the earliest. 1 day early is not worth $25. Or is it an error on his part. Did he actually say you would receive it on Thursday/Friday?

Yeah, I talked to him. Received the tracking number about five minutes after I paid. He said it would ship tomorrow for delivery on the 5th. UPS tracking confirms a scheduled delivery date of 11/05. Woo Hoo!

What? No party chat? WTF?

Shawsie64

Banned
CcrooK said:
I just hope the PC community sticks around to play. I just can't do FPS on the PS3's dualshock. It's so weird. I kinda wish I had my 360 but I needed the cash.

Hard to say really with the shit thats gone down, it'll still sell like hot cakes though

Enosh

CcrooK said:

don't worry, I'll be there^^

LowParry

Shawsie64 said:
Hard to say really with the shit thats gone down, it'll still sell like hot cakes though

True that. Doesn't mean I can pick it up later on the 360 next year around tax returns. I mean hell, with how active the COD games are now, jumping in late wouldn't hurt either. But double dipping. Damn. Guess that's just how life is. I just want to play :(

Calen

djblackice said:
Keep playing - it's not in the first few levels, contrary to what people have been saying. When you get to a level that has a "Skip level" option in the pause menu, that's it.

Edited to add, beaten to the answer ;)

TTP said:
Like it didn't drop badly or it didn't drop at all?
I dont know why you do this to yourself. As soon as the game is available, we'll have a performance analysis from beyond3d, and lo and behold, the PS3's performance won't match the 360s. I'm extremely confident in my assumption. So confident, that if I'm wrong, I'll accept a 6 month ban.

DoomGyver

theignoramus said:
I dont know why you do this to yourself. As soon as the game is available, we'll have a performance analysis from beyond3d, and lo and behold, the PS3's performance won't match the 360s. I'm extremely confident in my assumption. So confident, that if I'm wrong, I'll accept a 6 month ban.
I was already told that "Modern Warfare 2 is best played on Xbox 360". So of course the frame rate must be worse on the PS3.

buying ps3 version

theignoramus said:

Quoted for posterity :D

Az

I wll most likely have my copy before the weekend. Got it on ebay and according to the seller feedback, everyone is praising the fast shipping.

Hanmik

theignoramus said:

wow you sure are confident.. how about a lifetime ban, if we put in Dragon Age: Origens to this equation..? :D

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
theignoramus said:
Stupidest thing to say. Who gives a shit. DJ already said it runs great with no real noticable drops and he's a little into the game. Unless you're looking for the 3 textures that look better on 360.

Any impressions of Veteran difficulty? I've finished cod4 & cod5 on Veteran, but I'm really hoping for the end of the clone wars, invisible triplines, & grenade rain.

dakster

Neo Member
Blackice, if you do get online can you tell us what the hosting is like? In MW1 there was nothing worse than wondering where the hell them bullets come from, only to see the kill cam and you had walked out in front of them, they had all the time in the world to take you out, and you weren't even aware of them. Done my nut in.

LiquidMetal14

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Any impressions of Veteran difficulty? I've finished cod4 & cod5 on Veteran, but I'm really hoping for the end of the clone wars, invisible triplines, & grenade rain.
Why not toss in R.Kelly pii and complete the look????

nib95 said:
It is?

I remember Gears 2 and Uncharted 2 both clocking in at around 9-12 hours. KZ2 being just under. So I'm not sure it is the norm any more. Maybe the norm for multiplatform titles?

It isn't anymore. People need to realize that the first generation of games from development teams into a new console gen MUST do a ton of R&D which will shorten a game. It's just the way it goes anymore. However, second games should be quite a bit longer than first games for this very reason. 6 hours was pretty unacceptable earlier this gen and it is completely rediculous at this point.

KAL2006

Banned
With

Modern Warfare 2 and Super Street Fighter IV and Left 4 Dead 2

I dont think I will need a new game for a LONG time

Dyno

Pre-ordered from my local store - I never do that. Will be there for midnight launch. Wednesday, November 11 is Remembrance Day and I get it off. What better way to honour the glorious dead than by blazing through this game. Can't wait!

DoomGyver

Anyone know what ports need to be opened for MW2 on PS3?

I had to open 3075 UDP and 3074 UDP for MW1 because I kept getting "Downloading game settings" shit last time.

I swear if that happens at midnight I'll break my disc.

LiquidMetal14

Full Recovery said:
Anyone know what ports need to be opened for MW2 on PS3?

I had to open 3075 UDP and 3074 UDP for MW1 because I kept getting "Downloading game settings" shit last time.

I swear if that happens at midnight I'll break my disc.
If behind a router enable DMZ with your PS3's IP.

TruHero

Banned
I'm really excited for this game. I've been maining Halo3 for FPSs since release, but I've played the all the CoDs on X360. I still enjoy Halo3, but I want some change.....and it seems most of my FL plays CoD. So I'm looking forward to playing online with them.

I hope the perks don't make the MP too unbalanced.

KAL2006 said:
With

Add in Madden10 and I'm in the same boat. These "core" group of games will keep me entertaining for a long time.

FrankT

Not looking forward to lining up Monday night as I know there will a crapton of smelly 18 year olds abound, but I will do it and I will like it. I fully expect this to be the biggest midnight launch I'll have ever been to. I'm down for 2 come the 10th. Bring it on.

Getting ultra hyped.

Fairly sure that the indie game store near me will have it on friday, doubt I'll get it from him though as i'm pretty busy at the weekend and it'll be top dollar.

HooCares

Neo Member
Jtyettis said:
Not looking forward to lining up Monday night as I know there will a crapton of smelly 18 year olds abound, but I will do it and I will like it. I fully expect this to be the biggest midnight launch I'll have ever been to. I'm down for 2 come the 10th. Bring it on.

The only midnight release I ever did was Halo 2. The crappy fans in line, the slow ass lazy staff working it - took over an hour to get outta there. Never again.

Release day after work.

ArjanN

KAL2006 said:
With

Yeah, those will fill my long-term gaming needs, but I'll still play other games in between. Most games I tend to just power though in a weekend anyway.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Anyone know if the PS3 version supports custom soundtracks? I'm hoping for at least multiplayer compatibility, like Killzone 2. I'd really love to play Spec Ops solo with MGS2 VR/Alternative Mission music >_>

And to be honest, this is the deciding factor for which platform I'll get the game for.

Jtyettis said:
I'm usually the oldest(39) person at these things. Even older than some of the moms picking up an M rated game for their 7 year old brat. Luckily I'm told I look a lot younger.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Ah shit I can't help getting hyped for this.
Day 1 baby day 1 where I will continually get my ass handed to me in multiplayer.
Didn't you say somewhere that you didn't understand the love MW gets from GAF? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

HooCares

Neo Member
Sub_Level said:
Anyone know if the PS3 version supports custom soundtracks? I'm hoping for at least multiplayer compatibility, like Killzone 2. I'd really love to play Spec Ops solo with MGS2 VR/Alternative Mission music >_>

And to be honest, this is the deciding factor for which platform I'll get the game for.

According to a post a couple pages back, it does not support custom tracks.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Jtyettis said:

Usually the only reason I will do a midnight thing is because I have to go out of my way in bad traffic to get a game afterwork. Going at midnight, means no traffic, and easy in, easy out. I probably will go to Wal-Mart and pick it up.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
HooCares said:
According to a post a couple pages back, it does not support custom tracks.

Oh, I see. Thank you, Hoocares. This will be my first midnight launch and my first Xbox LIVE Gold experience. I'm supporting the capitalist death machine known as Activision! Although I deserve a little credit, I was considering selling Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition and Uncharted 2 to help me pay for this, but thought better of it :D

Top Bottom