• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Az

I keep watching MP stuff on justintv etc. Even though I don't agree with some choices IW made, I know I will play the crap out of this. I need to keep the wife busy since I'll most likely have it by friday.

Dax01 said:
Didn't you say somewhere that you didn't understand the love MW gets from GAF? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Hey your back!
Yeah I did while I also conceited I would of course buy into the hype and be purchasing it. I don't get the collective love over the SP campaign but I completely agree with the praise the MP gets.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Hey your back!
Yeah I did while I also conceited I would of course buy into the hype and be purchasing it. I don't get the collective love over the SP campaign but I completely agree with the praise the MP gets.
Oh okay. And yep, it's good to be back. I'm pretty psyched for MW2.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
What gametype is everyone looking forward to in MP? I think when I pick it up at midnight I will mess with TMD for a bit but I am really excited for CTF. :D

Dax01 said:
Thanks for noting, but how you do know me? Just wondering.:D

I suppose I don't really. I'm that quiet guy who reads a lot more than I write around here (I think I'm at 0.8 posts per day...I'll never break junior at this rate), and followed the "multiplayer footage" thread a lot, so I noticed yours and Stoney's disappearance (and noticed quite a few "free Dax" avatars floating around after that). Just thought I'd say hi.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Not a Jellyfish said:
What gametype is everyone looking forward to in MP? I think when I pick it up at midnight I will mess with TMD for a bit but I am really excited for CTF. :D

I always end up going back to Headquarters. But I will try to get some good time in on Sabotage before it devolves into golden gun farming.

How are people getting legit copies early? I ordered through amazon but I doubt they will ship it before the 10th.

mik

mik is unbeatable
I'm hearing--from the always reliable pirate community--that the campaign is ~4 hours. Yes? No?

Az

Mooreberg said:
I always end up going back to Headquarters. But I will try to get some good time in on Sabotage before it devolves into golden gun farming.

How are people getting legit copies early? I ordered through amazon but I doubt they will ship it before the 10th.

You have some guys selling it on ebay. PS3 copies sold out quick, and I saw couple for the 360 but at like $99.

Mooreberg said:

Headquarters! But I will want to try the new modes.

I wonder if IW has some anti-boosting measures in place. I would love nothing more than for the damn W@W dom-boosters to be reset to 0 - they made it impossible to find a good dom game. Earn it legit, folks!

Yes, I played a lot more W@W than CoD4, sue me.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Does anyone know the points system for S&D?

I mainly do S&D and it just happened to be the best and most efficent way torack up points...Is this still the case in MW2 ?

sk3tch

Just pre-ordered this on Steam (canceled PS3 pre-order as I finally got my gamebox back up and running!) and I am disappointed we can't pre-load, yet...does anyone know when we'll be able to start pre-loading??

Az

F#A#Oo said:

I mainly do S&D and it just happened to be the best and most efficent way torack up points...Is this still the case in MW2 ?

Watching some footage I think you still get much more for kills in S&D. I am not sure if it was 400 points or something per kill. It's also my favorite mode.

CrazedArabMan said:
That's weird, why would they delay the reviews until day of launch where no one will read them because they will be playing the game. Especially for a game like this.

It's usually a bad sign.

TheExecutive said:
It's usually a bad sign.

I think it's more because they won't gain anything from it. How many people are seriously still waiting for the review to sell them on the game? They already broke preorder records...

F#A#Oo

Banned
TheAzRim said:
Watching some footage I think you still get much more for kills in S&D. I am not sure if it was 400 points or something per kill. It's also my favorite mode.

500 per kill in the videos...but then you have 3000 point rewards too...points for everything you do it seems...if only one could get points for T-bagging...:lol

divisionbyzorro said:
I think it's more because they won't gain anything from it. How many people are seriously still waiting for the review to sell them on the game? They already broke preorder records...

Sure sure

Az

F#A#Oo said:
500 per kill in the videos...but then you have 3000 point rewards too...points for everything you do it seems...if only one could get points for T-bagging...:lol

Please don't give them any ideas :lol

minx

Something I noticed from watching hours of the live streams. In FFA, every single care package was a killstreak, however, in TDM, is was mostly ammo and not killstreaks.

F#A#Oo said:

S&D is fucking awesome,shame about the party chat bit :( . I find Groundwar/Headquaters better for points though as you rack up kills with diffrent guns and get the kill/headshot rewards.

Minamu

Sigh, after all this bullshit, I'm thinking of cancelling my 360 preorder & move it the The Saboteur instead. At this point, I don't really feel like giving any money to IW at all anymore. I just flipped a coin about it & IW got lucky. This time. The PC downgrades nearly pushed me over the edge, even though I'm getting it (?) for the 360. Not enough yet though.

IW, you still have about a week left for announcing another fuckup. Don't let me down! :lol We all know you can do it!

mik

mik is unbeatable
Minamu said:
IW, you still have about a week left for announcing another fuckup. Don't let me down! :lol We all know you can do it!
CC Sabathia PSA video incoming: Newbie Infantry Gets Gibbed Every Round.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Minamu said:
Sigh, after all this bullshit, I'm thinking of cancelling my 360 preorder & move it the The Saboteur instead. At this point, I don't really feel like giving any money to IW at all anymore. I just flipped a coin about it & IW got lucky. This time. The PC downgrades nearly pushed me over the edge, even though I'm getting it (?) for the 360. Not enough yet though.

Everyone giving IW shit but I still look at it as Activision is signing their checks. I really do think lots of gimping and pricing stuff for the PC is due to Activision wants to milk this game for everything it is worth, make the most profit. Games are a business in the end.

Enosh

sk3tch said:
Just pre-ordered this on Steam (canceled PS3 pre-order as I finally got my gamebox back up and running!) and I am disappointed we can't pre-load, yet...does anyone know when we'll be able to start pre-loading??

cancell your steam preorder and buy it at amazon/walmart
-same price +20$ gift card for another game
-you have to link the game to steam anyway, so you will get all the steam benefits regardless of where you buy the game
-with steam you get it 2 days latter (atleast for me it says 12.11.2009 (eu dates))

ofcourse if you still want to buy it over steam go ahead, just be warned that you get nothing extra from it and that you most probably need to wait 2 days for the game^^

no idea about preloading

Enosh

DeuceMojo said:
You mean this game has a single-player aspect? :lol

the SP alone would be worth the money for me, I put some 5 full playthroughs into CoD4, that's around 40h (assuming a 8h average) along with 1 full arcade playthrough (another 8) and random playing of my favorite game moments over and over again (which can be another 5 to 10h) and now doing my 6th full playthrough to refresh my memory :D

yes the CoD4 SP was THAT good for me^^

cresto

mik said:
I'm hearing--from the always reliable pirate community--that the campaign is ~4 hours. Yes? No?
From the streams I've been obsessively watching the past few days, they are saying around 6 on normal.

mik said:

Maybe if you completely rush through it. My buddy who has the game beat it in 6-7 hours and he even said he rushed through it quite a bit. So...yeah.

And MMaRsu, I thought you were boycotting this game to begin with. :lol

Probably been posted 10 times again but I'll ask again as I couldn't find it. Has it been confirmed if killstreak kills such as the helis or airstrikes taking out the enemy count towards your overall killstreak? I seem to recall reading that you can't die, respawn and call in a heli like in COD4, but not sure if they just never count towards your kill count.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Johnlenham said:
S&D is fucking awesome,shame about the party chat bit :( . I find Groundwar/Headquaters better for points though as you rack up kills with diffrent guns and get the kill/headshot rewards.

Never mind...

mik

mik is unbeatable
I don't understand how you can avoid "rushing" through a CoD game. They frigging propel you to the conclusion. There's no exploration, branching paths, etc. The whole thing is presented almost like a race against the clock--literally in some parts I've seen.

cresto

Johnlenham said:
I never understood why they limited SnD games to 3 rounds per side. I seriously hate that and wish they would raise it to something more substantial. Of course this comes from my vCod and CoD2 PC days of clan matches...

Eric WK

mik said:
I don't understand how you can avoid "rushing" through a CoD game. They frigging propel you to the conclusion. There's no exploration, branching paths, etc. The whole thing is presented almost like a race against the clock--literally in some parts I've seen.

Yeah, you're right. That's a pretty dumb argument here. Personally, I'll be playing on Veteran so I expect a 10-12 hour single player experience. With Spec Ops and especially multiplayer being more attractive from the outside, that's all I really want anyway.

mik said:

Also, infinite enemy spawns until you cross that line. It literally forces you to run from point A to point B.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
BigBlue1974 said:
Probably been posted 10 times again but I'll ask again as I couldn't find it. Has it been confirmed if killstreak kills such as the helis or airstrikes taking out the enemy count towards your overall killstreak? I seem to recall reading that you can't die, respawn and call in a heli like in COD4, but not sure if they just never count towards your kill count.
They don't count towards other killstreak rewards. You can die, respawn and call in something, but it won't help you get to another killstreak. I think this is also so things like the AC-130 won't help you get to a nuke.

Minamu

Not a Jellyfish said:
Everyone giving IW shit but I still look at it as Activision is signing their checks. I really do think lots of gimping and pricing stuff for the PC is due to Activision wants to milk this game for everything it is worth, make the most profit. Games are a business in the end.
Sure, Activision are acting like they always have been. but no one can say that IW haven't been looking like assholes recently :) Seems to me that the cod4 success have gone to their heads. They're not exactly humble about anything these days. All of the anti-hype (because of stupid statements & fuckups) that has happened recently has been enough to leave a bad staste in my mouth. So to speak.

RavenFox

Banned
TheAzRim said:
I keep watching MP stuff on justintv etc. Even though I don't agree with some choices IW made, I know I will play the crap out of this. I need to keep the wife busy since I'll most likely have it by friday.
Dude was playing lastnight in 1st and 3rd person and he was insanely good.
B2 Stealth Bomber carpet bombing blew my mind
LiquidMetal14 said:
If behind a router enable DMZ with your PS3's IP.
Yeah if he's using a static IP.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Enosh said:
the SP alone would be worth the money for me, I put some 5 full playthroughs into CoD4, that's around 40h (assuming a 8h average) along with 1 full arcade playthrough (another 8) and random playing of my favorite game moments over and over again (which can be another 5 to 10h) and now doing my 6th full playthrough to refresh my memory :D

yes the CoD4 SP was THAT good for me^^
:lol

I played it once for the 'ride' and never touched it again.
I expect the same for the sequel.

I'm not that big a MP guy but this game is pretty much that for me.

Top Bottom