• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Raxus

DevelopmentArrested said:
you expect it to be a regular thing or something? I cant see it happening in TDM especially Hardcore. In CoD4, multiple times I got 24 kill streaks.. not in MW2. Mainly because it feels like you dont last as long and you cant start helis after you die to start a new killstreak for you.
Of course not. I got one playing TDM and I didn't want to take it into headquarters or sabotage since that is pretty cheap.

I forgot that Intel in this game was in the form of laptops. Early on I walked past some laptops. I was thinking that I was looking for briefcases, but thats Resistance 2, lol.

I haven't really been looking for them, but the last level I played I actually thought about Intel and found all 4 in the level. So I guess they won't be that hard to find.

see5harp said:
MP works perfectly.

Not for me. Still stuck in matchmaking. ;(

Infinity Ward...

ekixas.jpg

People earlier were saying how hectic the MP was. I don't know if it's just the games I've been playing, but so far it's no more intense than MW1's MP.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hooah, PS3 online is rollin' frosty. I'm going Oscar Mike all over it.

And I'll never use those words in a phrase again.

Yeef

jiien said:
1. When playing WaW, you had five distinct gun classes, each with very clear advantages and disadvantages...
It was similar in COD4, although I think it was two parts map design and one part gun balancing, but certain guns were better for certain maps and every type of gun was useful. In fact, in COD4 I just had one custom class for each primary weapon type and I used them all pretty frequently.

2. Though I haven't unlocked some of these guns yet, I'm looking at the stats of certain later guns, and their stats are completely better in all regards than the earlier guns you get...
If MW2 is anything like COD4 the stats shown in game have little to no relation to the action weapon stats:
http://www.cod4central.com/cod4-stat-overview.php
http://cod4central.com/cod4-weapons-chart.php

Irish

chubigans said:

Ramirez, get your ass in there!

Still not up for me... but I'm going to watch Glee in half an hour anyway.

EDIT: The FAL was my go-to weapon in SP. I should dominate with it in MP.

Nelo Ice

Banned
so is it just me or does anyone else get 0/0 when it shows how many total players are online or in a specific playlist?

im on 360 and matchmaking online works just fine but for some reason it doesnt list how many ppl are playing

ZZMitch

Nelo Ice said:
so is it just me or does anyone else get 0/0 when it shows how many total players are online or in a specific playlist?

im on 360 and matchmaking online works just fine but for some reason it doesnt list how many ppl are playing

That's because its more digits then the maximum IW put in :D

SUPREME1

Banned
Red Blaster said:
People earlier were saying how hectic the MP was. I don't know if it's just the games I've been playing, but so far it's no more intense than MW1's MP.

For some reason I couldn't get into it during the first hour, too much like WaW.... Seemed very chaotic.

Then suddenly it all clicked again and I was up to speed and comfortable in the surroundings, even the unknown maps. Speed slowed and it felt a lot like MW1 again.

Game is DOPE.

Accident said:
Try the Scanvenger perk and you can plant unlimited claymores :lol
I might. I have claymores on my sniper class, but in the place of scavenger, I have marathon. Depending on what marathon pro does, I'll just might have to switch.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
chubigans said:

That's just the beginning. Soon everyone will be talking with a British/Scottish accent.

Accident

Nelo Ice said:

It shows 0/0 because IW forgot to put the infinity symbol ∞

ImperialConquest said:
Elaborate por favor.

The scavenger perk resupply your claymores, if you are out of claymores you get one when you step on dead bodies, I was playing TD in Invasion and for one moment i had like 8 claymores around the map, i got a care package with claymore kills :lol

Chittagong

Gold Member
The Veteran achievements have me scratching my head. I completed Act 1 on Veteran (not too hard!), but I didn't get the achievement for completing 'Takedown'. Is it really bundled with something from mid-Act 2, and if so, what's the logic?

Ripclawe

Banned
Deepack said:
I'm sorry, but the story is a mess.

Its a garbage story, I was severly disappointed by the single player story which did twists for the sake of twists. I was ticked off to realize there was no gunship missions in the single player instead I have to go thru the special ops section.

Plus it seems less time to go thru it than the first game. bleh.

Leminnes said:
To give the Americans an edge in the battle on the East coast I think.
RavenFox said:
To stop the advancement of the Russian army of course. They had the upper hand.

It would have crippled tons of the American forces too, and did nothing to stop the Russians on the other side of the country. There's also a good chance that the Russian army would have had tons of soldiers ready to reinforce the invasion. Practically speaking, it was a terrible move that accomplished nothing.

EmCeeGramr said:
It would have crippled tons of the American forces too, and did nothing to stop the Russians on the other side of the country. There's also a good chance that the Russian army would have had tons of soldiers ready to reinforce the invasion. Practically speaking, it was a terrible move that accomplished nothing.

It fucked there assault, sure its probably gonna pick up not long after, but it gave the US some breathing room (the russians would be in complete disarray, without comms to command the forces, there gonna be a bit gimped, for awhile). In the end though everything that happens in MW2 is just for the spectacle, for fun etc :lol

Nelo Ice said:

Same thing happening on the PC version, and even then it reports major changes within the space of 5 minutes when it does work (1 minute there 15,000 people playing, then theres 50,000).

Top Bottom