• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

EmCeeGramr said:
It would have crippled tons of the American forces too, and did nothing to stop the Russians on the other side of the country. There's also a good chance that the Russian army would have had tons of soldiers ready to reinforce the invasion. Practically speaking, it was a terrible move that accomplished nothing.
Not to mention as soon as Russia detected a launch, they would have instantly let loose with their stockpile.

So how long until
Modern Warfare 3?

What a
dicktease of an ending.
The story was completely incoherent but the game was filled with so many badass moments, intense firefights and gorgeous setpieces that it made up for it.

Also, didn't care for the saccharine music until the final mission where it worked well.

Irish

LiquidMetal14 said:
Splain steps so I'm clear please :)

1. Get invited, leave it alone though
2. Go to Main Menu
3. Sign out of PSN using XMB (triangle in account management/select sign out)
4. Sign back in using XMB
5. Select MP from Main Menu
6. Select 'Play Online'
7. Go to messages and join whoever invited you

EDIT: For those still waiting, stay in the connecting screen. You'll connect eventually. I just did. The attract video will start playing, just hit X to exit and enter online screen.

Hellsing321 said:
Not to mention as soon as Russia detected a launch, they would have instantly let loose with their stockpile.

Wasnt the launch from 1 of Russia's own subs though ? Pretty sure they would of tracked where it was going and thought "wtf" instead of "FIRE ZE MISSILES" :lol

Yeef

It looks like they did the offline multiplayer right this time at least. I hated that in COD4 you could only use the default classes when playing split screen. Now the offline multiplayer (both splitscreen and LAN games) work just like the online version with leveling up and challenges and such. You just save an offline profile that keeps track of all of your info. You can even export it to a USB drive (or I assume Memory card for the 360 version) to take your profile with you. Very cool since my friends are always complaining about how so few games have local multiplayer these days.

thecheese

Why in the blue hell is spec-ops only 2-player online? I seem to recall World at War (made my TREYARCH...the same people who gave me SPIDERMAN 3 THE MOVIE GAME) having 4 PLAYER CO-OP for their STORY MODE...along with an extra 4 player ZOMBIE mode. 4-player co-op should be a STANDARD at this point in AAA fps titles. What makes IW think they can get away with this?

alehousedave said:
Why in the blue hell is spec-ops only 2-player online? I seem to recall World at War (made my TREYARCH...the same people who gave me SPIDERMAN 3 THE MOVIE GAME) having 4 PLAYER CO-OP for their STORY MODE...along with an extra 4 player ZOMBIE mode. 4-player co-op should be a STANDARD at this point in AAA fps titles. What makes IW think they can get away with this?

You bought the game, they already have.

alehousedave said:

Not balanced for it.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Just finshed it, Pretty good.

The part where you pull out the knife was so MGS4. Also dumbass dicktease ending.

I kinda hoped for more infiltration instead of loads of firefights though.

d0c_zaius

alehousedave said:

You seem really mad for all the wrong reasons.

And I totally disagree with you btw.

NinjaFridge said:
Just finshed it, Pretty good.

The part where you pull out the knife was so MGS4. Also dumbass dicktease ending.

I kinda hoped for more infiltration instead of loads of firefights though.

Yea I got the same vibe

Hixx

Y2Kev said:
Is the holographic sight better than the red dot sight?

Just visual preference really, no huge gain. Red dot takes up less of the screen but the dot also reacts badly to recoil whereas the holographic seems a bit more stationary.

mr_nothin

Banned
HixxSAFC said:
Just visual preference really, no huge gain. Red dot takes up less of the screen but the dot also reacts badly to recoil whereas the holographic seems a bit more stationary.

The Holographic does serve one known (at least that I know of) purpose. It isn't effected by EMP Killstreak attack.

thecheese

d0c_zaius said:
You seem really mad for all the wrong reasons.

And I totally disagree with you btw.

Yea I got the same vibe

Bottom line- IW should have built Spec-ops around 4-player co-op...tell me you disagree. I dare you.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
How long has this game been in development, 18 - 24 months? Anybody else expecting a lot more from this? It's good but still.....

Mileena

Banned
Just played a match where the other team had four noob tubes on Highrise :/
It seemed like they weren't even trying to use their gun, just running out and noob tubing the whole match. Good thing they lost!

Every time I see that commercial, I want to rip my hair out. What makes me even more mad is that I overheard some kids in school talking about how cool it was. Jesus.

DarkJC

alehousedave said:
Bottom line- IW should have built Spec-ops around 4-player co-op...tell me you disagree. I dare you.

Totally agree with this. With 2 people it's fun. If it could've been balanced for 4 it would've been awesome.

Ok so I don't want this game.

Yet. My whole entire friends list is playing it.

So.

I feel like a kid on the side of the road, and all my buddies just drove by me in a Humvee and splashed mud all over me. They were laughing and having a blast, meanwhile there I was sitting in the mud, all by myself, waiting for 20 minutes to find one match in SF4.

For real, man, I'm getting this I guess? Having never played a COD before, am I going to get Nuub Powned? I have played Halo, and was ok at it.

No_Style

Arpharmd B said:
Having never played a COD before, am I going to get Nuub Powned? I have played Halo, and was ok at it.

At first? Yes. MW2 will seem overwhelming at first, but you'll learn quickly enough. The great thing about getting it now is that there will most likely be people in the same boat as you.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Arpharmd B said:

So.

I feel like a kid on the side of the road, and all my buddies just drove by me in a Humvee and splashed mud all over me. They were laughing and having a blast, meanwhile there I was sitting in the mud, all by myself, waiting for 20 minutes to find one match in SF4.

For real, man, I'm getting this I guess? Having never played a COD before, am I going to get Nuub Powned? I have played Halo, and was ok at it.
You sound like a weak ass ho, of course you're going to get worked online.

Arpharmd B said:

So.

you'll be fine. to me halo was a bit harder to get into, you just have to get used to a pretty quick deaths/kills. like one burst or so to kill players. no respawn time though.. other than that its fine

Maximus.

hey guys sorry if this has already been answered. For the ps3 version, on friday what exactly will the party invite thing incorporate?

will it have private chat with your party?

Arpharmd B said:

So.

Call of Duty is seriously the easiest game in the world. That's one of the reasons for it's major popularity. You're obviously not going to do good at first, but if you are decent at Halo, you will do fine in some time.

xinoart

Banned
ok I have mostly GAF on my friendslist and I'm looking to add more. My PSN is the same as my gaf account. Add me so I can finally play with some decent people. Even if you're new to the game, I'd prefer playing with Gaffers. Just send a friend invite saying Gaf and it's all good. DJ, hit me up man.

Kibbles said:
Wow the ACOG is terrible on the M16 in MP. Back to holosight it is.

[edit] Eh, maybe I'm just having an off game.

I'm having mixed feelings about the new ACOG. I used the ACOG heavily in COD4, mainly with the M4. First I love the fact that it has a dot rather then the stupid arrow. But I'm struggling a bit with the full screen zoom with the scope taking up space in the center instead of looking through the scope. It'll take some getting use to but honestly I wish the view was still through the scope.

You know what, fuck this game. Fuck these care packages. Fuck these shitty maps. Fuck these Assault Rifles that all feel the same. Fuck dieing in 2 bullets. Fucking wasting time constantly shooting down helicopters just to get shot in the face. Fuck the laziness of not having matchmaking for Spec ops. They should have called it Modern Warfare 2 Doom Edition because it plays like some off the wall arena shooters.

Maybe next time around they won't build their game based off a bunch of twitter posts.

kai3345

Banned
IcebergSlim3000 said:
You know what, fuck this game. Fuck these care packages. Fuck these shitty maps. Fuck these Assault Rifles that all feel the same. Fuck dieing in 2 bullets. Fucking wasting time constantly shooting down helicopters just to get shot in the face. Fuck the laziness of not having matchmaking for Spec ops. They should have called it Modern Warfare 2 Doom Edition because it plays like some off the wall arena shooters.

Maybe next time around they won't build their game based off a bunch of twitter posts.
Fuck you

liltony822

Neo Member
Well, my Hard-On edition just shipped from Amazon, but I'm more excited for the Bad Company 2 Beta than MW2. Anyone else feel the same?

d0c_zaius

alehousedave said:

I disagree. Id rather have focused design centered around a two person infiltration team. It works with the Soap/Price "ghillied out" feel better. Also with people I play with, 4 player games tend to get more clusterfucky and overly chaotic (ie borderlands). Ill save that for MP.

Im biased however as my favorite missions were the two-person infiltration missions, and the prolonged mass-murder shootouts get old eventually.

I'm sure MW3 will have a four-person vs NPC mode of some variety, but no reason to get mad at them for not including it when it was a bonus in the first place. Making everything 4p coop with no content other than FPS leads to badness though.

IcebergSlim3000 said:

1zlerkx.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well I just "marathoned" the single player campaign.

Bleh, that is all.

EDIT: Some quick points: if the game was 30fps, I'd call it one of the ugliest games I've played this gen. Thank god it's not, but seriously some chapters looked really, REALLY bad (while some looked okay, winter levels mostly).

Another CoD with spawning enemies, wow, I thought we were done with this?

I hated the "cutscenes" between the loadings.

Now for the plus...

60fps

All weapons are balanced

Very cinematic events, I like that.

Top Bottom