• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Started the Echo Special Ops. Played the first one for an hour and a half with a friend. We made it to the last hostage room twice. The first time he died, and the second time we glitched out right before the room and it said my partner was dead on his screen but not on mine. So it wasted that entire round since you need two people to breach the room.

We should get that first one done the next time we try. It's those last two that are going to be a bitch.

Anyone have any tips/experiences with those last two Echo Ops?

MGHA

This game is awesome! I had a 7 kill streak. I saw an enemy throw his smoke grenade for a care package. I went to kill him but I forgot to reload my gun. He saw me and started firing at me. As I was reloading his care package fell on him. Killing him. I laughed so hard. Was so funny.

Yeef

We got an error on Quarry that booted use back to the lobby. Something about [down on the d-pad] being "out of range." Sounds like some variable some how got set too high or too low.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
RS4- said:
I've played around 80 matches, I've yet to play on Rust. Played on Wasteland once :lol
Rust is pretty good. Wasteland is an abomination of a map (and always was, even in CoD2) in my opinion, consider yourself lucky. :lol

Merguson

Banned
Let me get this straight.

You can only have three killstreaks? Like if I went with... Care Package.. Predator .. and Attack Helicopter.. and I killed three people in a game, UAV wouldn't be an option for me since I didn't select it as one of my three kill streaks?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
RS4- said:
I've played around 80 matches, I've yet to play on Rust. Played on Wasteland once :lol
Rust feels kind of like an Unreal Tournament map... I like it. Actually, I like pretty much all of the maps I've played on so far.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
K2Valor said:
Rust is pretty good. Wasteland is an abomination of a map (and always was, even in CoD2) in my opinion, consider yourself lucky. :lol
Say whut. Brecourt is one of the best maps ever. Pure skill on that mofo

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I haven't been following the development of this game or this thread very carefully, but why is the PC version of the game rated so much lower on metacritic than the console versions? Did they mess something up badly in it? The dedicated servers thing?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Red Blaster said:
Highrise, Invasion and Skidrow are my favorite maps so far.
Highrise, Terminal and Estate for me.

I'm oddly excited for the weekend as that will be the first time I think I get some real time to put into mp.

COD 4 mp was the last game I did that embarrasing thing where you wake up and start playing a game and then go to bed playing the same game and you realize you didn't do shit all day except play that damn game.

Although I'll need to squeeze in some Dragon Age also this weekend.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
All the extremist patriotism quotes between levels and when you die make me really uncomfortable. I get the whole "if you don't agree with everything we do, you're against us" vibe. It doesn't literally say that of course, but it's all too much of "we are the police of the world and we know what the ultimate good is for everyone, so it's OK for us to sacrifice innocent lives."

I don't mean to start a debate on this topic, it's just affected my experience in single player. I wasn't even going to get this game because I really can't stand Activision's and Infinity Ward's attitude, but I just want to play the SP campaign and then I'll trade it in.

I do enjoy the visceral experience, the smooth animations and everything else that's going on. It's definitely a great looking game. For me, personally, it's not a classic that I will look back upon fondly though.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Merguson said:
Let me get this straight.

You can only have three killstreaks? Like if I went with... Care Package.. Predator .. and Attack Helicopter.. and I killed three people in a game, UAV wouldn't be an option for me since I didn't select it as one of my three kill streaks?
That's correct.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Really enjoying the campaign so far. I decided to just start on veteran this time, and it's really not bad at all if you just hang back and take your time. That's the way I like to play anyway so it's a nice change from previous COD games in that regard, you don't always have to push forward (at least so far). Rio was absolute balls, but I got through it. There didn't seem to be any terrorist closets, but they had so many places they could move you really had to watch out. The guy that was in front of you 50 feet away is suddenly on the roof right above you.

I haven't played them all yet but terminal was fantastic. I really enjoy wasteland too. Maybe it's just seeing the STALKER style sarcophagus in the background :lol

Thunderbear said:
All the extremist patriotism quotes between levels and when you die make me really uncomfortable. I get the whole "if you don't agree with everything we do, you're against us" vibe. It doesn't literally say that of course, but it's all too much of "we are the police of the world and we know what the ultimate good is for everyone, so it's OK for us to sacrifice innocent lives."

I'll just say pretty much like the infamous terrorist scene, I didn't take this in the manner you did. Some of the quotes are very anti-government and some are of the Dick Cheney variety. And without giving too much away, by the end of the game, this isn't the most patriotic story ever told from that perspective.

What's your most obnoxious class?

Akimbo P-90s. First pistol. Throwing Knife. Marathon, Lightweight, Commando Pro.

Just needs the tactical knife for the pistol and the pro versions of marathon and lightweight. I was just screwing around with it and astonishingly wound up with a positive K/D ratio (22-20.)

unomas

Banned
fps fanatic said:
Can I suggest to you this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VmLBb4_8bY I followed it to a tee and beat Mile High Club on Veteran last weekend.

Disappointing to hear all the problems with online and Trophies with the PS3 version of MW2. Hopefully these problems are ironed out by the time I get the game in a fucking week or so (last time I go with super saver shipping from Amazon)...

I get supersaver from Amazon and usually have my games two days after they ship. I'm looking for my copy by tomorrow. Ahhhh....the memories of beating mile high club, felt insane at the time but WAW felt tougher on Vet. to me.

Sallokin

vatstep said:
Rust feels kind of like an Unreal Tournament map... I like it. Actually, I like pretty much all of the maps I've played on so far.

I've played over 100 matches so far and have yet to even see Rust pop up. Is it more prevalent in certain game types?

REV 09

i've decided that the single player doesn't start until the oil rig. Everything after that mission has been great to fantastic. I think i have 2 missions left.

REV 09 said:
i've decided that the single player doesn't start until the oil rig. Everything after that mission has been great to fantastic. I think i have 2 missions left.

Yeah. I think the Oil Rig was my favorite mission overall.

dralla

beat the campaign earlier. it definitely has its moments but overall it's too inconsistent. the first act is just...boring.

ant_

Estate is awesome because it always ends up being an epic battle over the estate. It feels like a movie or something.

J-Rzez

Violater said:
Awesome thanks
bookmarked.
Surprisingly a lot of maps.

There is a good number of maps, unfortunately, there is just a couple quality maps. Their change of design philosophy has had a similar feeling/effect like the hell SOCOM 3 got. This is just imo.

vatstep

Sallokin said:
I've played over 100 matches so far and have yet to even see Rust pop up. Is it more prevalent in certain game types?
I think I was playing FFA when it came up. It's a very small map, so it's possible it's restricted to that playlist only.

Red

fps fanatic said:
Can I suggest to you this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VmLBb4_8bY I followed it to a tee and beat Mile High Club on Veteran last weekend.

Disappointing to hear all the problems with online and Trophies with the PS3 version of MW2. Hopefully these problems are ironed out by the time I get the game in a fucking week or so (last time I go with super saver shipping from Amazon)...
I appreciate it, but I'm not having any luck with this mission :lol

This is no exaggeration: I started playing MHC at around 6:20 p.m. tonight. It's now 1:04 a.m. I've been playing this one minute segment nearly nonstop for seven fucking hours. My hands are literally shaking, my eyes hurt, and my knuckles are cramped as hell. I will not stop until I finish this.

I really, really don't like CoD4's campaign, but this mission is making me despise it. I enjoy the multiplayer a fair amount but I'm mostly a solo gamer. I will never understand the accolades this series gets.

It's just random shit that keeps screwing me over. Getting hit by dying soldiers, getting clipped by walls and debris and bodies, enemies spawning until a certain trigger is passed... it's like the epitome of why I dislike CoD's gameplay.

The gameplay in the campaign is objectively better than MW1 thanks to no more infinite enemy spawning and having a little more leeway in how you tackle your objectives. However, I think the scenarios are less interesting than the previous game as a whole. I was disappointed to see Rio very underutilized with so much time instead being spent in the comparatively dull Washington DC. Aside from the novelty of America being invaded, I didn't think those parts of the game were very compelling. I wish a little more time was spent in Afghanistan at the beginning of the game, but they zip you right out of there after 10 minutes. The oil rig, gulag and sub base were great however.

ant_

Captain N said:
What are the best weapon(s) to use when starting out? or well by the time you're level 14 such as myself?
I personally like the SCAR-H.
Perfect fire rate, manages to shoot fast and remain immensely accurate.

Prezhulio

McLovin said:
Boy your in for a treat if you have the same problem I had. The solution sucked ass.

what's the solution? the synching thing just started with mw2 1.02 patch, so i'm assuming i could just delete the patch/game data and it MIGHT mix it....

Hey guys,

I am having some difficulty. I am trying to play this on PC and my screen is consistently going black and flashing. It happens both for multi and single player. I have updated my drivers and still no go. Any advice?

unomas

Banned
Crunched said:
I appreciate it, but I'm not having any luck with this mission :lol

This is no exaggeration: I started playing MHC at around 6:20 p.m. tonight. It's now 1:04 a.m. I've been playing this one minute segment nearly nonstop for seven fucking hours. My hands are literally shaking, my eyes hurt, and my knuckles are cramped as hell. I will not stop until I finish this.

I really, really don't like CoD4's campaign, but this mission is making me despise it. I enjoy the multiplayer a fair amount but I'm mostly a solo gamer. I will never understand the accolades this series gets.

It's just random shit that keeps screwing me over. Getting hit by dying soldiers, getting clipped by walls and debris and bodies, enemies spawning until a certain trigger is passed... it's like the epitome of why I dislike CoD's gameplay.

If you follow that tutorial basically you'll learn the correct pattern and get it at some point. Don't give up! The feeling you get when you complete it is worth it.

adelante

Relix said:
Worst fucking level. But believe it or not, they are not infinite. I did wipe out the whole area twice :lol
Yep i did this too...i was halfway through the level on Hardened, tried ploughing through further but had to stop and hide in a corner somewhere cos it felt like a fuckin war hell going on out there! HECK you can even get killed by falling potted plants?!? :lol Slowly took out the enemies one by one from where I was and realized they were't spawning back :D

Rikyfree

K2Valor said:
/GASP!! Blaphemy!! Brecourt is not only a great map, it was a substantial victory in World War 2! BURN, HERETIC!! :lol

RS4-

Some of the spec op missions are brutal :lol

I didn't think I'd bother with SP, but since my Live script expired on the 12th, I'll finish SP.

Did finish the Faverlas thing on Vet. Not a huge fan of the way things have been so far.

Red

unomas said:
If you follow that tutorial basically you'll learn the correct pattern and get it at some point. Don't give up! The feeling you get when you complete it is worth it.
Yeah, I won't give up. I'm more aggravated than I've ever been, but this son of a bitch will be mine.

Almost threw my controller just now, finally got to the end only to be told "true veterans get headshots" and being sent back to the start :lol

Pattern in that vid is pretty close to what I was doing anyway, but it helped me recognize some entrances to watch. Seems like the NPC SAS characters in that tutorial were a lot more helpful than the ones in my game, though. My guys are happy to just sit back, I'm lucky if they've even caught up to the same room I'm in.

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I'm going to bed

Top Bottom