• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Y2Kev said:
Should I stick with the SCAR or work towards the FAL?

They're kind of different type of weapons, I personally like SCAR-H more since it's a bit more versatile. I'm bad at using FAL in close range fighting.

And I'm done for today but damn it, I love it. My #1 complaint of crazy grenade spam has been reduced and that makes for a much better experience than COD 4.

If you see me on just send me an invite. I'll be playing a shitload in the future.

Ten-Song

Osaka said:
They're kind of different type of weapons, I personally like SCAR-H more since it's a bit more versatile. I'm bad at using FAL in close range fighting.

It's not that you're bad at the FAL close range, it's that the FAL is bad close range. :lol

The FAL's my favorite gun to use so far, but there's no situation where I get a kill close range and can congratulate myself on how well I handled the situation. It's usually a lot of me jamming on the trigger as fast as I can while screaming "shit, shit, shit!"

That's why I just keep the commando perk equipped on that load out now.

Wallach

cjelly said:
Patiently waiting for the first map pack.

Current maps suck. :(

I don't think they're all bad at all, but I definitely don't like Wasteland when it comes up. Wasteland HQ Pro is pretty awful in particular.

RavenFox

Banned
theignoramus said:
The opening segment of Gulag might be the most impressive realtime action sequence I've seen on consoles. In terms of visual impact, it's more impressive than KZ2's Salamun Bridge and equal to any number of setpieces from Uncharted 2.
lol you need to calm down. MW2 is great but..

Ten-Song

Wallach said:
I don't think they're all bad at all, but I definitely don't like Wasteland when it comes up. Wasteland HQ Pro is pretty awful in particular.

Yeah, Wasteland is the only map I'm not really fond of, especially in the ground war play list. Domination is never anything but a bunch of snipers sitting on the edge of the map doing nothing, and death match is nothing but people acting like idiots and storming the tunnels with grenades.

Rest of the maps feel great though.

Raiden

Banned
Love this game!

Though they should fix the spawn, cause they are over the top sometimes(never had that problem in MW1)

Also i think they kinda overdid it with killstreak rewards ... You got UAV non stop, you getting bombed by harriers and what not, helicopters all around ...

Also

FAL

-sleight of hand
-stopping power
-steady aim

=WIN!

Dont like Wasteland, Quarry, Estate, and a handful of others I dont know the names of. There's no maps that just jump out at me like CoD4's Crash, Showdown, Crossfire or Bog. Everything seems so busy, and big. The maps feel oversized to me, much like many of WaW's were. I'm sure they'll grow on me though.

This game needs a co-op "Aliens" mode ala COD3's Zombies.

MW2 already has heartbeat sensors, auto turrets, Lance Henrikson...

Do it Infinity Ward. Do it. Do it. Do it.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
cjelly said:
Patiently waiting for the first map pack.

Current maps suck. :(

I don't think they're that bad (well, Highrise and Karachi are complete shit), but I've been playing on the same handful of fucking maps that it's driving me crazy since I KNOW there are more than what I keep getting (I mostly play Team Deathmatch, HQ Pro and Domination).

Wastelands, Karachi, Highrise, Derail, Afghan and Scrapyard are the only maps I keep getting.

Estate, Quarry and Underpass show up a handful of times only.

Needs more TERMINAL. :(

ZeroRay

theignoramus said:
The opening segment of Gulag might be the most impressive realtime action sequence I've seen on consoles. In terms of visual impact, it's more impressive than KZ2's Salamun Bridge and equal to any number of setpieces from Uncharted 2.

Not even the best example in the game.

The entire Second Sun mission was a lot better visually. :D

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
MidnightRider said:
oh yeah for sure......... its fun if you are into jumping and dumping clips into people and then they just laugh at you. :lol
That's pretty much not how Halo plays...

Pyke Presco said:
There's no maps that just jump out at me like CoD4's Crash, Showdown, Crossfire or Bog.

Pretty much. I do like Highrise, Terminal, and Karachi but not really digging the others. May change this weekend as i'll have alot more time to sink into them. We'll see.

Maximus.

man i hate Estate and Afghan, Afghan is alright if im playing with people i know, but i really hate Estate, goddamn that map is horrible.

RavenFox said:
lol you need to calm down. MW2 is great but..
I played the section for the first time almost a week ago, several times since, and yes, the visual impact of that section was exceptional. You're just annoyed that I said it looked equal to or better than the best looking stuff from first party shooters.

Wallach

Dax01 said:
What's with all the hate for Wasteland? Granted, I've only played on the map once, but I had a great time.

For me it's a HQ Pro thing. Just an awful map for that mode because a lot of those points are so easy to defend it seems like a crap shoot around what the next target objective is.

Wallach said:
For me it's a HQ Pro thing. Just an awful map for that mode because a lot of those points are so easy to defend it seems like a crap shoot around what the next target objective is.
I played it on Team Deathmatch. I had a pretty good game on it, so maybe that has something to do with my confusion on the dislike of the map from others.:lol

snack

New update from 402 on his twitter page. Here's the latest post:

Can someone go wake up the Sony Japanese team and tell them to turn on the Presence server? Only thing preventing invites for #MW2 PS3...

--

Apparently, the Presence server is what grabs and displays that data, as well as allows inviting other players.

Wallach

Dax01 said:
I played it on Team Deathmatch. I had a pretty good game on it, so maybe that has something to do with my confusion on the dislike of the map from others.:lol

You can really get rolling in M/TDM on that map in the trench connection, for sure. Unfortunately on HQ Pro most of the target objectives are around the edge of the map.

S1lent

I posted this in the online gamertag thread already, but might as well post it here too. I created a GAF PSN chat room for this game, makes it alot easier for people to get together and party up (once they actually fix that shit). Send me a message (PSN: S1lentTwo) if you want an invite.

Ten-Song said:
Yeah, Wasteland is the only map I'm not really fond of, especially in the ground war play list. Domination is never anything but a bunch of snipers sitting on the edge of the map doing nothing, and death match is nothing but people acting like idiots and storming the tunnels with grenades.

Rest of the maps feel great though.

Is wasteland the one with the fucking great big hedge row down the middle? if so yeah that sucks bigtime. Id say its the first Map in mw1/2 that I dont like much atall.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
SP is awful so far. I don't remember the name of the level but it's 2 after the horrendous Favela one.

MP is a lot harder to get into too. It matched me against a lot of 20-30 ranked people on my first match. I went 11-11, lol. Then it put me in one that was about to end, I got spawned RIGHT in front of a guy and got killed and "lost". Oookay, then the third game was a complete massacre of my team with campers everywhere and missiles lobbing from the sky all over the place.

It'll take time to adjust to the new killstreaks and stuff but considering I'm getting AC2 and L4D2 soon I barely feel compelled to try, the game just hasn't really been fun. Way more campers than I've ever seen before too...I'm not really feeling the maps because it caters to them so much.

What are all the boycotters of MW2 playing?

1258035395841.jpg

X26

Banned
Fraull said:
man i hate Estate and Afghan, Afghan is alright if im playing with people i know, but i really hate Estate, goddamn that map is horrible.

This an Karachi are my least favorite maps

Papercuts said:
SP is awful so far. I don't remember the name of the level but it's 2 after the horrendous Favela one.

MP is a lot harder to get into too. It matched me against a lot of 20-30 ranked people on my first match. I went 11-11, lol. Then it put me in one that was about to end, I got spawned RIGHT in front of a guy and got killed and "lost". Oookay, then the third game was a complete massacre of my team with campers everywhere and missiles lobbing from the sky all over the place.

It'll take time to adjust to the new killstreaks and stuff but considering I'm getting AC2 and L4D2 soon I barely feel compelled to try, the game just hasn't really been fun. Way more campers than I've ever seen before too...I'm not really feeling the maps because it caters to them so much.

SlowClap.gif

You played 2 and 4/5ths of a match and complain about it :lol

MP is easy as hell to get into you just had bad luck, come back in 10 games time.

Oh and unless your playing Hardcore, theres no possible way you cant deal with a camper. I cant think of any spot in any map that you could chill out for extended periods of time before the whole team just zergs you.

mYm|17|

is anybody else getting disconnected from live while playing multiplayer?

Its happened twice to me and a couple times to my friend

Loxley

I have a quick question for other heretics such as myself playing the PC version. Is there a way to fix the HUD in multiplayer so it actually fits onto my screen? I actually had this exact same problem with CoD4 and WaW, but never did anything about it. Figured now would be a good time to finally ask if there was a fix ;)

Papercuts

Johnlenham said:
You played 2 and 4/5ths of a match and complain about it :lol

MP is easy as hell to get into you just had bad luck, come back in 10 games time.

Oh and unless your playing Hardcore, theres no possible way you cant deal with a camper. I cant think of any spot in any map that you could chill out for extended periods of time before the whole team just zergs you.

I played a few more, I just didn't detail all of them. And it might be bad luck, I dunno. I was hooked on the MP on the first game before, even though I did alright this time it just didn't seem fun.

It wasn't one camper, it was the whole team. My entire team wasn't getting anything done and you die a lot quicker in this it seems. Even when I knew where they were I still ended up losing to them due to the guns , it seems like starting imbalances you a lot more than it used to.

"Horrendous" and "Favela" don't belong in the same sentence.
Just because you suck doesn't mean you can shit all over the game.

Aww, somebody call the waahmbulance!

Man I just did the
Rooftop chase
mission and holy shit. This game is so fucking epic. And I haven't even played MP yet. I'm sorry SF4 but this might be my GOTY

LowParry

FFS if I can remember what the damn weapon is called. Light machine gun. Fourth one down. Easy reload. Fucking OWN with that thing! Now that I have the heart beat sensor, shit just got real. Oh, if you launch something, it's fucking going down with my Stinger! Easy 300 - 400 points.

Papercuts

Buckethead said:

Uhh, the game was clearly respawning enemies right in front of my face in a giant clusterfuck of level design failure. I'm playing it on Hardened but there is not a single person I've talked to that enjoyed that.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Just finished campaign on Hardened. This giant storm knocked out my internet for awhile so it gave me time off from multiplayer to wrap it up. I enjoyed it quite a bit and there were less bullshit parts than MW1, although Favela sucked ass. Took me 6 hours 26 minutes.

Buckethead said:

Yeah, sorry, it's not a well designed level.

You have a commander yelling at you to run forward as fast as possible, but then you're constantly being attacked by respawning enemies from the front so you try and take a few out but then they respawn from behind and flank you but then you can't see anything because blood is all over the screen and there are windows and doors and rooftops and fuckkkkkkk.

Great idea, just not that much fun.

DoomGyver

After completing veteran and doing half of the spec ops missions I still firmly believe that they should focus all of their efforts into the multiplayer and forget about the single player. Nothing in MW2's campaign was better than One shot one Kill in MW1.

50 maps, 100 guns, and a bunch more gametypes and I'd buy that for $60.

Top Bottom