• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Kibbles

Wow fuck this game. The whole game a guy used the nade launcher. The whole fucking game. How does he even get all that ammo?

-PXG-

This game is great. Would play it more, but being ill makes me more prone to motion sickness. Soundtrack is top notch.

dwin45

I'm starting to get used to a lot of the maps. They aren't nearly as big as I originally thought. Question: Is the only difference between Red Dot and Holographic that Holographic has a bigger dot?

belvedere

Junior Butler
PC version is great. Could have some better textures and foliage detail, but it never dipped below 30 fps on my rig which is awesome.

Now for some multiplayer.

Yeah I agree with people who didnt like the Favela level that much. Neither did I, it was too much of a clusterfuck. Uncharted 2 still has the best Urban warfare/fighting/action-y level.

Now the level where you are in a
tank/humvee and you are just going through the city with lots of people around, but you dont know whether they are friend or enemy, and whether they are gonna shoot at you or not
... that was great. Such great feeling of dread... the chatter as well as the music was just pitch perfect to me.

Anyone else get that feeling as well?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Foxtastical said:
Yeah, sorry, it's not a well designed level.

You have a commander yelling at you to run forward as fast as possible, but then you're constantly being attacked by respawning enemies from the front so you try and take a few out but then they respawn from behind and flank you but then you can't see anything because blood is all over the screen and there are windows and doors and rooftops and fuckkkkkkk.

Great idea, just not that much fun.

And on top of that, when you get hit by the people you can't see you have a ridiculous sway that makes it nearly impossible to hit everyone else. I think I saw someone complain about that earlier and I'd have to concur, even more annoying than the strawberry blood.

Maximus.

dwin45 said:
I'm starting to get used to a lot of the maps. They aren't nearly as big as I originally thought. Question: Is the only difference between Red Dot and Holographic that Holographic has a bigger dot?

i think holographic doesnt have the dot at all, rather its just kinda like a big magnifying glass.

Az

dwin45 said:

Same here about the maps. My K/D went up switching back to red dot sight, it just pulls up faster I guess. But try it for a couple of games.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Buckethead said:
"Horrendous" and "Favela" don't belong in the same sentence.
Just because you suck doesn't mean you can shit all over the game.

Aww, somebody call the waahmbulance!

Nah that mission kinda blows.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
im enjoying being spawned into 6 games in a row that were already in progress where my team was loosing abysmally..there needs to be some kinda option that says 'no i dont want to join your fucking game thats already in progerss, with 56 trillion people playing this im sure i could maybe join one thats in the lobby please'

Infinity Ward, please patch in a locale only search like WaW. I'm Australian and sick of being put into American hosted matches, your matchmaking does not work like you claimed it would. This is the reason I'm only level 40 in CoD4 and on my 2nd Prestige in WaW... Because I can actually get green games. I'm tired of having almost 50 losse on my stats because I have to quit shitty red-bar games. I'm really going to look forward to Treyarch's next CoD game because they know that this stuff is important.
Also they had a real party system and IW's is fucking stupid.

dwin45 said:
Word! Seriously, I have changed between the 2 now having it on my SCAR and have no idea what the difference is?!?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Revolutionary said:
Holographic isn't effected by EMP's.

Dirty lies.

I had a pretty sweet game of TDM today, here are the end results:

2rxwt1k.jpg

That death was by me jumping off a building which was a wee bit too tall. :lol

d0c_zaius

this could be just a guess or incorrect observation, but I think the holographic dot moves more to adjust with movement momentum, where as the red dot is more of a static dot.

And both holo and red dot lose the dot when emp'd

sangreal

I don't really play FPS games and my last COD was COD2 when the 360 launched. Anyways, I just finished my first play-through and Veteran wasn't as hard as I expected. Awesome game, I wish I hadn't skipped COD4. I want to try the MP out but I'm worried I'm really going to get my ass kicked

punkypine

sangreal said:
I don't really play FPS games and my last COD was COD2 when the 360 launched. Anyways, I just finished my first play-through and Veteran wasn't as hard as I expected. Awesome game, I wish I hadn't skipped COD4. I want to try the MP out but I'm worried I'm really going to get my ass kicked

just play patient and follow other people who seem to know what they are doing around until you get to know the levels, the hardest part is just predicting wher ethe enemy is gonna come from

Grecco said:
This game is alot easier on veteran. Alot.

I was playing on Hardened at first then heard this a few days ago and switched to Veteran and it is super easy compared to COD4. MW2 on Veteran is basically hardened on COD4.

Ten-Song

d0c_zaius said:
this could be just a guess or incorrect observation, but I think the holographic dot moves more to adjust with movement momentum, where as the red dot is more of a static dot.

I don't really notice any difference between the red dot and holo sight in that regard. Only difference I notice between the two is the red dot is a smaller and more pin-point sight, while the holographic sight is a bit wider and shows more of a general area.

Ramirez

I beat the game on Veteran last night, total playtime was 7 hours, was a superb experience minus a few lame spots along the way. It's the only COD I've ever beat all the way through, bravo for completely reworking the spawning issues from past games. It was still there in some missions, but not nearly as frustrating as the past CODs.

Now if I could just find time to play more of the awesome MP. :)

Grecco

OldJadedGamer said:
I was playing on Hardened at first then heard this a few days ago and switched to Veteran and it is super easy compared to COD4. MW2 on Veteran is basically hardened on COD4.

My cousin who has never played a COD, barely plays FPS as is. Is clearing through a ocuple of missions now on veteran. Im stuned.

This being the first Modern Warfare title I've played online (no Gold for me), I now understand the appeal :lol

Still tough to give em a pass on on the single player :/

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Beat it on veteran yesterday, much easier thanks to less grenade spam which had me constantly moving then dying on the spot.
And Calen was right, no infinite spawning after I gave it a few tests. Thanks for this.
Over all, an over the top popcorn flick that let's you play all the action parts and none of the filler. I won't remember the story at all but at least now I'll remember the name of a character, Price, because I actually cared enough about him the by end to cheer him on.
Not a super pretty game, but 60FPS made up for it. There were was one spot in particular though that I was wow'ed by and actually stopped for a bit and looked around because it looks so good.

theignoramus said:
I played the section for the first time almost a week ago, several times since, and yes, the visual impact of that section was exceptional. You're just annoyed that I said it looked equal to or better than the best looking stuff from first party shooters.
Did you intentionally post a baiting comment and were just waiting for someone to disagree?

Oh dear. This is game is so addicting, yet really frustrating at the same time. There are some matches where I go like 5 and 13, and then there are other matches where I go 23 and 4.

And please tell me there are more people that enjoy playing Third Person matches more than First Person matches.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ramirez said:
I beat the game on Veteran last night, total playtime was 7 hours, was a superb experience minus a few lame spots along the way. It's the only COD I've ever beat all the way through, bravo for completely reworking the spawning issues from past games. It was still there in some missions, but not nearly as frustrating as the past CODs.

Now if I could just find time to play more of the awesome MP. :)

Get on tonight, fool!

J-Rzez

Dunno why I skipped over the famas, but it's actually really really good. Way better than the M4.

The FAL is really nice too on maps that have some medium open designs.

Usually I'm using Bling/Coldblooded/Ninja(or steady). Seems to work well for me. It's going to be a long ride to Cold Blooded Pro though.

Played with the SP a little bit today, probably won't be going back to it. MW1 was better. Some of these missions,
specifically Fav's and that really-really stupid one with burger town. Fav is incredibly cheap, one of the worst acts I have ever played in a game. And the burger town and gas station comes into a close 2nd. So fucking stupid that you have to bounce between those 3 structures, back tracking for stingers and other bullshit.
Terrible.

Next time IW, put your resources into map design, and MP more in general. The story is even worse this time, having a poor-MGS feel to it, and more disjointed than ever.

And to those I game with on here, remember I have a new gamertag instead of msg'n me on my old one :p

Grecco

fistfulofmetal said:
THE SOUTH AMERICA LEVEL IS BULLSHIT ALL MY DUDES DISAPPEAR AND I'M ALONE IN THIS LITTLE ASS SHACK. FUCK FUCK

Lol it gets worse near the end. Its clearly the worst mission in the game. At times there was 3 or 4 grenades from baddies on screen

Hellcrow

fistfulofmetal said:
THE SOUTH AMERICA LEVEL IS BULLSHIT ALL MY DUDES DISAPPEAR AND I'M ALONE IN THIS LITTLE ASS SHACK. FUCK FUCK

Doesn't help that they keep shouting at you to hurry up. I thought I was missing something, and died several times on stupid rushes.

bdouble

Sub_Level said:
Oh my god.
wow. Thing is though without killcam/last kill this wouldn't be nearly as sweet. Bad ass though. Idk i get into trouble with frags usually so I'm trying them out. Its different.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I really cannot find one thing to like about Afghan or Derailed. Wasteland at least has the three trenches that lead into the bunker for some good firefights. I like Highrise the best, followed by Karachi.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
can someone here (maybe a PC user) take a screenshot of the campaign menu. I'd like to make a wallpaper out of it. Will post here when finished.

gibration

Full Recovery said:
After completing veteran and doing half of the spec ops missions I still firmly believe that they should focus all of their efforts into the multiplayer and forget about the single player. Nothing in MW2's campaign was better than One shot one Kill in MW1.

50 maps, 100 guns, and a bunch more gametypes and I'd buy that for $60.
I would definitely buy it, a COD focused only on MP would be the ultimate MP game. Of course though if it's only done by Infinity Ward.

Just finished SP. Around 7 to 8 hours, I think. As someone who never finished the SP for MW1, I really enjoyed it. The story was a bit thin, but workable. Really enjoyed the ending as well as the amazing end credits.

Top Bottom