• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

shagg_187 said:
PC version already hacked? What happened to all that "hack proof" bullshit?

http://www.break.com/game-trailers/...rfare-2-multiplayer-hacks-gameplay-video.html

Too bad there are no server admins :lol :lol

It's just that - bullshit. The only reason consoles offer a little more protection is because of the closed platform. On the PC it's the wild west. Multiplayer is fucked on the PC unless IW has good anti-cheat software, and it's even worse because there are no true server admins to IP ban the bastards. I feel sorry for the PC gamers.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Hellcrow said:
Doesn't help that they keep shouting at you to hurry up. I thought I was missing something, and died several times on stupid rushes.

That's the level called 'Takedown' right?

IF so then yes, fuck it in the ass that was terrible.

Are there no sound options in this game (360)? Why???

This is my first COD ever. So far the campaign isn't very fun (I'm doing the missions that alternate between South America and
Virginia
) and I'm being handled on MP. I really hate the Estate map.

ConsumerSquare said:
Are there no sound options in this game (360)? Why???

This is my first COD ever. So far the campaign isn't very fun (I'm doing the missions that alternate between South America and
Virginia
) and I'm being handled on MP. I really hate the Estate map.

It gets better. The second half of the campaign is pretty much amazing.

BigNastyCurve said:
It's just that - bullshit. The only reason consoles offer a little more protection is because of the closed platform. On the PC it's the wild west. Multiplayer is fucked on the PC unless IW has good anti-cheat software, and it's even worse because there are no true server admins to IP ban the bastards. I feel sorry for the PC gamers.

It looks really really bad.

http://forums.callofdutyhacks.com/viewtopic.php?f=173&t=46501

Sorry PC owners. Activision/Infinity-Ward just fucked you up...

.GqueB. said:
Do a lot of people actually use these? How could that possibly be fun? Boggles my mind...
I don't know. I've never understood hacking. It really isn't fun.

I'll admit that there was one hack that was pretty funny in America's Army, though... had a soldier flying through the air in a "Christ the Redeemer" pose, but yet still able to rain down hell on everyone.

.GqueB. said:
Do a lot of people actually use these? How could that possibly be fun? Boggles my mind...

A lot of people get off on ruining other peoples' days. That and they get beat up at school and this is the way they get revenge.

Animator

.GqueB. said:

This is why I dont give a shit about pc fps's.

In other news this games MP is fucking amazing <3

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I am definitely unlocking the Pave Low the next time I get to pick a new kill streak reward. Just used one for the first time when it came in a cargo drop I called in. Went 24-2 in TDM on Wasteland pretty much because of that thing. :lol

You guys were right about the Scar-H, seems like the best mid range weapon.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Animator said:

Because, as we all know, cheating in games only ever happens on PC.

Just got my first chopper gunner and holy shittttt.

I had dropped sentry turret package on the level with all the trenches and openness I was under a trench and through the location nade outside a bit it landed on a rooftop and you could almost get it but couldn't lol. So I tried but ended up being on top of the tunnel exit with a shotgun killing the enemy as they came and tried to steal the sentry package.

Finally got to 11 and let it rip.

Game over 37 kills.

Thats 26 Chopper Gunner kills. I TORE SHIT UP. IT WAS RIDICULOUS.

Animator

_tetsuo_ said:
Because, as we all know, cheating in games only ever happens on PC.

It happens far more than it does in consoles. I have yet to see anyone use a aimbot or any of this shit on PSN and I played mw1 for a year after it came out.

bdouble

Animator said:

This is not the rule to PC games. With servers (one reason why on PC's they are pretty much a necessity) the mod can just kick them out. Match making and no way to stop it and you will see it a lot more.

fernoca

Good game-day..though I've been working every day 5am - 2pm..so I've been playing slow..and the PSN problems were not helping, but today:
-Finished the game (great game, great story, some nice twists.. considering the MW1 just bored me, I was surprised to enjoy this game as much as I did)
-Made it to Rank 10! woohoo!

DRE Fei

Dyno said:
What I got from the story and that scene is as follows.

This is something of a Osama Bin Laden situation. At the beginning of the game they tell you that Makarov has no national loyalty (will kill anyone) and is a pure mercenary. Markarov is Sheppard's man from the start. The general fed him a U.S. operative to leave at the airport and thus start the invasion. That gives him the 'blank cheque' to go after Makarov. But Makarov would never be found by Sheppard (a la Osama) and instead Makarov could wage war where ever he pleased (a la Iraq.) Price and Soap attempt to ruin his plans by actually finding something that will lead them to Makarov and that's when he has to step in. He gets the data and kills its liberators so that Makarov's location will remain eternally safe. Price however always saw Sheppard for what he was and tracks his shadow operation down. The rest as they say is history but it was a really sweet way to introduce the throwing knife.
Thank you for this. You've explained it much better than the people who made the damn game.:lol

I hope MW3 focuses more on
Soap and Price
. I know call of duty is all about playing as different characters, but it just makes the overall story feel disjointed. Can we get at least one game where you play as the same dude the whole time? The cliffhanger mission as well as the
soap/price missions
are the best things about the game. I must say that the
Gulag mission (I shat myself when Price showed up at the end) and the oil rig one
are pretty sweet also. Overall great campaign, but
favela
can kiss my ass.

Mik2121

Oh man.. fuck UPS, seriously. Yesterday they deliver right when I'm not at home and they can't deliver again in the same day even though it was still only 4PM.
Then I call them and they ask me when I want it delivered today, I tell them in the morning because then I'll be away (school), and it's 11:35AM and they have yet to deliver, and "the morning" means if they take more than 25 mins to deliver from right now, they will be late. Seriously, fuck UPS.

I will have to leave at 12:40, and if they have not delivered by then I bet they will go and deliver right when I'm at school, and today is Friday, so I will have to wait until Monday again. Goddamn retards..

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wow, the internet is so fucking bad right now, I can't fucking play online. I don't know if this is XBL or my own shitty internet (it's hard to tell. Everything else works fine...)

Mik2121 said:
Oh man.. fuck UPS, seriously. Yesterday they deliver right when I'm not at home and they can't deliver again in the same day even though it was still only 4PM.
Then I call them and they ask me when I want it delivered today, I tell them in the morning because then I'll be away (school), and it's 11:35AM and they have yet to deliver, and "the morning" means if they take more than 25 mins to deliver from right now, they will be late. Seriously, fuck UPS.

I will have to leave at 12:40, and if they have not delivered by then I bet they will go and deliver right when I'm at school, and today is Friday, so I will have to wait until Monday again. Goddamn retards..

In my experience, morning for UPS is anywhere from 10:50 to 12:40. Basically, they're fucking useless, and don't know how to deliver to homes with no one at home during the work hours.

Seems like I'm not immediately loving the MP this time 'round. These maps just aren't clicking with me like the MW1 maps did.

Here's hoping they re-release the old maps.

Pewp

Man I hate grenade launcher spammers. The highest kill-streak I got so far 5 was, it's gonna take awhile to learn all of these maps.

single player is fun. had to bump the difficulty down to normal for the bullshit South America level so i gotta bump it back up for the rest of the game.

PC version looks decent. runs max without a hitch at all
but the audio is kind of weird. it's not loud and has no umph. other games like L4D2 or whatever sounds great but this game is so muted. nothing has any punch.

wish i had lean tho.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Pewp said:
Man I hate grenade launcher spammers. The highest kill-streak I got so far 5 was, it's gonna take awhile to learn all of these maps.

noob tubers, gotta love em.

fistfulofmetal said:
single player is fun. had to bump the difficulty down to normal for the bullshit South America level so i gotta bump it back up for the rest of the game.

PC version looks decent. runs max without a hitch at all

wish i had lean tho.

It doesn't bump up. Don't worry. You'll always have underage blondes and Natalie Portman.

thetrin

The Chef said:
Is there a way for me to join a friend currently in a game without him sending me an invite?

On 360, you can just go to their profile and hit "Join Session in Progress"

DoomGyver

I just did the "breech and clear" mission in the bathroom on veteran by myself. I feel like a badass :D

They had my M14 in there too.. it looked ready for mutiplayer.. not sure why they left it out :(

Nelo Ice

Banned
im guessing most cod players dont kno what the flare for tactical insertion is
nearly everytime i use it the thing never gets destroyed :lol

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Animator said:
It happens far more than it does in consoles. I have yet to see anyone use a aimbot or any of this shit on PSN and I played mw1 for a year after it came out.

I'm sure I play PC shooters a lot more than you do and it isn't what your trying to say. I've played Team Fortress 2 for 2 years and I have yet to see anyone use an aimbot.

JaseMath

I really enjoyed the multi in CoD4, but I'm having a Hell of a time trying to enjoy it in MW2. I am Lv.10 and this just isn't fun right now. I can't seem to kill anyone, no matter how many rounds I dump into people and people seem to pick me off with one shot kills every time I respawn. WTF am I doing wrong?! I'm seriously considering trading this up for Uncharted 2.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, Veteran was a big fat fucking disappointment. After what I've heard, this difficulty will rip your heart off, eat it and shit it out.

I guess Demon's Souls, Ninja Gaiden 2 (Master Ninja) and Dragon Age on Hard made me immune to these kinds of things... Oh well, had fun anyway.

Nelo Ice

Banned
BigNastyCurve said:
It's a terrible equipment choice though :(

its working quite nicely for me
especially when i kill enemies right after they get me and i can just chill in the spot and kill everyone that comes in my path :lol

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I was killed by my own Care packages. Twice. Shit like that shouldn't happen. Also WTF at the care packages being dropped out of bounds. One landed on top of the bridge in over pass today.

dagZ

_tetsuo_ said:
I'm sure I play PC shooters a lot more than you do and it isn't what your trying to say. I've played Team Fortress 2 for 2 years and I have yet to see anyone use an aimbot.

you've havent seen it because steam enforces VAC servers, and stand-alone games have way more frequent hacks and aimbots than consoles do. period.

fernoca

The Chef said:
Is there a way for me to join a friend currently in a game without him sending me an invite?
Yep..I've done it a few times:
-Go to the XMB (while online at least)
-Choose friend
-Press Triangle
-Choose 'Join Session'

Maximus.

NinjaFridge said:
I was killed by my own Care packages. Twice. Shit like that shouldn't happen. Also WTF at the care packages being dropped out of bounds. One landed on top of the bridge in over pass today.

you shouldnt stand so close to your flare, its just being realistic. Once a teammate was standing right on the drop zone and died, his fault for not watching. I agree that it sucks how randomly they get caught out of bounds though :/

ok so i tested out the holographic to red dot, and i prefer red dot over holographic, just feels better.

bdouble

Brian Fellows said:
I still haven't hit anything the throwing knives.
Yeah I'm trying to figure out what they are good for. I've snuck up behind a few people and thrown them but I could have just as easily used melee. I guess it is quicker than walking all the way up to them and more stealthy.

Idk I do really like it though. Feel real bad ass. Plus I always seem to get myself into trouble messing with frags more often then not.

I see a lot of people not liking the single player. I'm a little over 5 hours in it and I've really enjoyed it so far. Really thought the
Washington DC
area was quite cool. I think the music is what really made me like it. Now I'm at the part where
me and Captain Price are in the caves
. Should be done pretty soon.

just finished the campaign, and damn IW sucks at story telling. You can tell they have a great story and plot to tell, but they put almost nothing directly in your face and leave so much for you to assume on your own, which is made even harder by the constant switching of characters. I'm all for MW3 only having 2 playable characters.

Also
the DC invasion just seemed off, something like that seems so grand and epic when you think about it, but in the game it just wasn't that exciting to me at all. Infact a lot of the middle of the game had points that were kind of let downs due to their presentation alone. It was kinda cool to see a character with my last name in a game for once, even it was a wounded DC soldier, Neel is a pretty uncommon spelling for a last name lol

Top Bottom