• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

We had too many people tonight in our party so we switched over to Domination so I decided to give the shield a go... OMFG I'm in love with this thing!!! So satisfying to sit right on the flag and have them try to shoot from a distance and toob me all for nothing while I secure the point.

But, the knife vs shield seems like a bug right now. A toob can't go through my shield but a knife can?????!!?

Snowden

Banned
The story wasn't very good, but if you thought it was "complicated," you're a god damn meathead. A ten year old could easily keep together the intersecting plot lines and few logical jumps necessary to form a cohesive picture of what's going on.

mileS

Masta_Killah said:
Please, I've seen many hackers on dedicated servers. Hell, I encountered a full team using aimbot today while playing CoD4. Hackers will always find a way to exploit a game. Doesn't matter if it's p2p or ds, they'll hack that shit if they can.

Also, the game is already out and PC gamers are playing it. You may be mad about it, but don't take it out on people who are enjoying the game.

I think the point people are trying to make is dedicated servers = server admins that can ban. You obviously know that anyway so why am I even typing this lol.

Marathon + Lightweight = sexytime. Can't wait to get Ninja Pro... For ninja-ing. Being able to completely flank a group is awesome.

Also does the turret count for killstreaks during the same life? I can't tell at all. Hell, most the time the turret is such a pain in the ass to call I don't even get to use it.

Oh, and Derail is a fucking horrible map. It's the only one I downright hate. I've even warmed up to Quarry and Favela.

mr stroke

Ballistictiger said:
Just played the campaign with a friend and I didn't even know what happened and why was I at an area. I agree with the others very hard to follow.

I think the problem is zero cut scenes, just those black and white screens with text :(

Dartastic

Snowden said:
The story wasn't very good, but if you thought it was "complicated," you're a god damn meathead. A ten year old could easily keep together the intersecting plot lines and few logical jumps necessary to form a cohesive picture of what's going on.

I'm not sure anyone is saying that... they're just saying that there's fuck-all in terms of story, which makes it hard to understand. There's literally almost NO exposition.

.nimrod

Wickerman said:
A silenced SCAR-H, Stopping Power, and Cold-Blooded is unstoppable

Oh, and some little brat nuked my team during TDM and then mouthed off in the lobby.

Of course, during the round he get owned and promptly quit out. Sweet revenge :lol

explain.

amar212

leng jai said:
+1 for having absolutely no fucking clue what was going on in the story line. Some of the worst story telling I've ever encountered..

I heard that CG cutscenes are actually going to be DLC.

bjscott05

FYI from twitter:

fourzerotwo-Some late night #MW2 tweaks just went into affect. IWNet matchmaking on PC just got improvements & invites on PSN are good to go now. Gnight

bjscott05 said:
FYI from twitter:

fourzerotwo-Some late night #MW2 tweaks just went into affect. IWNet matchmaking on PC just got improvements & invites on PSN are good to go now. Gnight
why are those biased jerks focusing all their attention on pc and psn, god

Concept17

Finally played some Spec Ops.

Shit is fun. I can't imagine it will be after 3 starring all of them, but its a nice distraction from multiplayer. They're quick missions and pretty varied so far. I highly recommend playing it with your best pal.

So, playing through again on Veteran -

Think i know why Price is in the gulag now. The ultranationalists (baddies from MW1) won, and have power in Russia (Hence why statues of Zakhaev are up, and why the Airport in No Russia is named after him). At some point, they captured Price, but like its mentioned in the cut scene before the mission, its a place where prisoners are kept that cant be killed (My guess, to not piss off the Brits). I think thats all it is.

ZeroRay

Tarin02543 said:
does this mean john carmack receives royalty payments for every MW2 copy sold??

Isn't the engine under GNU Public License so it's essentially free. You can even download the source code from id's site.

Unless IW uses some of id's other tech I don't know about.

Sallokin

Finished it on Veteran today. I honestly feel like it was really easy. I had one or two trouble spots, but after the punish-fucking affair that was W@W this was a walk in the park.

I really need to get a hold of Ghost's balaclava so I can rock it throughout winter.

What's the verdict on Ghost?
Gaz? Or friend of Gaz? I was checking out the voice credits online and it's the same guy

Also, what's the purpose of the museum?

snack

bjscott05 said:
FYI from twitter:

I'll be playing all night tomorrow so lets hope all the problems are resolved by then.

Docpan

Is the matchmaking server down for ps3 players? I just tried to play and it gave me an endless status screen telling me it was fetching playlists and connecting to matchmaking. PSN itself seems fine. Server maintainance or something...?

beat the campaign, didn't understand a single bit of the story other. but it was still really great, some people have been saying to action every second thing is a little too much, but i loved it. the end was so great.

and i didn't get hooked with the first MW game but this one's already got me. i think it's because before i was heavy into gears 1 multi and sometimes halo 3. but now i've been itching for a fresh multiplayer.

air drops are the best, though i've lost a ton to overhead bridges and miscalculating them into water :(

Is there a list of maps listed anywhere that show up in the different modes? They say there are lots of maps but I'll be damned if the same 5 don't show up all the time. And honestly... if I have to play Estate one more f'ing time I'm going to scream. Did I get a special copy that favors this map over all others???

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
ZeroRay said:
Isn't the engine under GNU Public License so it's essentially free. You can even download the source code from id's site.
It's the GPL though, not the LGPL. Which has some ramifications. So they must have kept the engine since before it became GPL'd, otherwise it wouldn't work out.

DRE Fei

Yeah,
after you complete the campaign you can select "museum" just like one of the missions and walk around in there

Merguson

Banned
DRE Fei said:
Yeah,
after you complete the campaign you can select "museum" just like one of the missions and walk around in there

You can do a bit more than walk around in there if you can find it.

How does match making work?

I went from having a really good night gaining levels and placing in the top three to getting stuck in rapeville with level 50's and 40's. People already disgusting good.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Son of Godzilla said:
Oh, and Derail is a fucking horrible map. It's the only one I downright hate. I've even warmed up to Quarry and Favela.

Yep, I don't even see how how anybody can argue this. It is a stupid sniper camping map. Playing Sabotage on it today was the most pointless POS ever. Waste of 15 minutes.

panda21

AshMcCool said:
Am I the only who was disturbed that Soap is wearing a fucking mohawk?

the characters are so memorable that i spent most of the game wondering why that old SAS guy from the first one was now 20 years younger and had a mohawk but i thought they just focus grouped the shit out of him or something, didn't realise until
they rescued him from the prison
that it wasnt the same guy :lol

i could of sworn the scottish dude (mctavish) in the first one was the old guy

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I never thought I'd say this, but: I just finished a COD game on Vet. :D

acm2000

this game is a disgrace -_- its exactly the same as MW, just in different setting, even has the same gameplay scenes

glad i only paid £20 for it and will sell it at a profit

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Grecco said:
This game is alot easier on veteran. Alot.

Are you saying Veteran is easier than Recruit? Because unless you are, I am calling straight up BULLSHIT on this. I've only completed the SP on Recruit so far, and it was almost impossible to beat. Took me like 48hrs. The training pit alone took me like 3 hours to qualify!

imtehman

Banned
acm2000 said:
this game is a disgrace -_- its exactly the same as MW, just in different setting, even has the same gameplay scenes

glad i only paid £20 for it and will sell it at a profit

welcome to the world of sequels.

Top Bottom