• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

mcrae

acm2000 said:
nothing wrong with sequels, the best games of all time are sequels, but this is nothing more than a reskinned mission pack

..which isnt worth 20 pounds to you? :s

call it whatever you will, its going to provice me hours of enjoyment. sure its not too different from the original MW, but wtf did you expect really..

Just finished the game. The beginning sucked but luckily, the middle parts and ending made up for it. The key moments weren't as memorable as the first MW(only because there were so many with very few lulls), but the overall package was spades better. I also appreciate that IW got rid of the infinite respawns. They still need work on making spawn triggers less obvious though. Also, that end sequence as just fucking cool. Waaayyy better then the first.

acm2000

mcrae said:
..which isnt worth 20 pounds to you? :s

call it whatever you will, its going to provice me hours of enjoyment. sure its not too different from the original MW, but wtf did you expect really..

5 hours of gameplay, mmm, £54.99 rrp, riiiight

Full Recovery said:
I want a hardcore mode with no aim-assist. There is no reason to use a rifle if you can snipe with an smg lol.

so turn it off in the menus?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
having just played the game on Vet, I was surprised to find that there were actually very, very few moments where enemies actually infinitely respawn. when those moments popped up (I could probably count them on one hand), they had really generous trip-wires that stopped the flow of enemies and triggered checkpoints (the beginning of the Fevala, for instance, with the other two thirds of that level actually being clear-out-able).

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I think this game may have just broke my xbox.

Was doing the snow mobile level, and randomly black and white squares appear all over the place. So I think that maybe they will go after finishing the level.. nope. Go to dashboard and there are black squares over my avatar, restart the xbox and still there.

And on it's second birthday to..

Net_Wrecker said:
Multiplayer = 100's of hours of gameplay. Who buys CoD games for singleplayer purposes, especially at new retail price?
Campaign only players save yourself the trouble and just rent it. It'll do this thread and you good.

Mik2121

Got the game, wooo!!!

I've only played MP yet, I'm level 14 now. Is it me or some of the stages feel A LOT like Counter Strike? (in a very good way).

Seriously, for example Estate, the house feels completely like some of the Counter Strike stages with houses. Overall I'm liking much more the levels in this game rather than the ones in COD4.

Loving the game!!! :)

adelante

AshMcCool said:
Am I the only who was disturbed that Soap is wearing a fucking mohawk?
micromagic said:
He reminds me of Sev from KZ2 every time I see him.
More like Turok to me heh:

287htht.jpg

Rez said:
having just played the game on Vet, I was surprised to find that there were actually very, very few moments where enemies actually infinitely respawn. when those moments popped up (I could probably count them on one hand), they had really generous trip-wires that stopped the flow of enemies and triggered checkpoints (the beginning of the Fevala, for instance, with the other two thirds of that level actually being clear-out-able).

That is not the experience I had... but then again, i'm one of the least 'hardcore' gamers on this board, so maybe it seemed too intense for me. I enjoyed it on regular/easy... but I dont know if I will be able to get over the frustration of constant death on Veteran. Just like I gave up on KZ2 Elite after maybe 2-3 levels.

Goddamn, I'm a noob, and I suck. Please dont hate me GAF! :-(

Lyonaz

Everyone bitching about single campaign being just 5 hours, there is also special ops missions you can do solo and on Veteran they can be pretty time consuming.

Hanmik

damn this game rocks online. I had lots of fun in COD4:MW, but this game seems to be way better online. Played for 1½ hours last night, ranked up ten levels had a K/D ratio of 1.01 (in COD4 I never got higher than 0.79 K/D ratio, even when I made it to the highest prestige)... there is an insane amount of unlockables in this game. Cannot wait to get home and play it again-.

broony

panda21 said:
the characters are so memorable that i spent most of the game wondering why that old SAS guy from the first one was now 20 years younger and had a mohawk but i thought they just focus grouped the shit out of him or something, didn't realise until
they rescued him from the prison
that it wasnt the same guy :lol

i could of sworn the scottish dude (mctavish) in the first one was the old guy

Did exactly the same.

So what can you do in the museam then?

acm2000 said:
this game is a disgrace -_- its exactly the same as MW, just in different setting, even has the same gameplay scenes

glad i only paid £20 for it and will sell it at a profit

Halo 2 is a disgrace! Its the same game as Halo 1 but in a different setting!

Halo 3 is a disgrace! Its the same game as Halo 2 but in a different setting!

Halo : ODST is a disgrace! Its the same game as Halo 3 but in a different setting!

Uncharted 2 is a disgrace! Its the same game Uncharted 1 but in a different setting!

Forza 2 is a disgrace! Its the same game as Forza but in a different setting!

Forza 3 is a disgrace! Its the same game as Forza 2 but in a different setting!

Final Fantasy II is a disgrace! Its the same game as Final Fantasy I but in a different setting!

Final Fantasy III is a disgrace! Its the same game as Final Fantasy II but in a different setting!

And so on.

DRE Fei

In COD4 multiplayer, I didn't think doing prestige mode was actually worth it except to chase that dragon all over again. The stakes seem so much higher this time around. I just can't imagine giving up all of the perks/attachments again just to start over. Have any of you guys done this in MW2? If so, what can I expect? Is it worth it this time around, or do I just get another fancy icon like last time?

fistfulofmetal said:
this is kind of sad, tbh. i dunno what happened but CoD was a single player focused game from day one... eh.

Well those days are pretty much over. Anyone buying MW2 for singleplayer at brand new retail price is crazy. That is a huge waste of money IMO.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jesus Christ... is the mohawk marine the new bald space marine? :lol

whitehawk said:
Is there a mode in MW2 smiliar to Nazi Zombies? I suspect not, but you never know. I haven't been covering this game too much.

Just a two player mission mode. But there is no matchmaking.
Seriously, this shit needs to be on the box or something.

DigiMish

Wow, that picture is so ridiculous. If I didn't know any better, I would say that the 2 people from KZ2 and MW2 were the same person.

Went on a 29-kill streak tonight in a Team Deathmatch @ Quarry. Too bad I didn't have the Tactical Nuke in my setup. My Predator Missile only got one kill, so I still would have had enough to use the nuke thanks to my Pave Low and Chopper Gunner wrecking people because you can use them both at the same time. Sick.

Puck

Banned
wmat said:
Crosspost because a lot of you probably aren't into the Hubris and Bullshit thread, but still interested about what's going to happen in the future with this franchise:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=227204

Activision Blizzard CFO, Thomas Tippl said that while WoW's model is difficult to replicate, players should expect new monetization models for its other games soon.

"I think it's been mutually beneficial, and you should expect us to test and ultimately launch additional online monetization models of some of some of our biggest franchises like Call of Duty."

"Our gamers are telling us there's lots of services and innovation they would like to see that they're not getting yet. From what we see so far, additional content, as well as all the services Blizzard is offering, is that there is demand from the core gamers to pay up for that," he said.

/

taku

Is there any strategically correct way to level up faster in this game? I need to unlock things, stat!

Misterinenja said:
Soap should be rocking a kickass mullet.
That would be totally rad!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
iamcool388 said:
That is not the experience I had... but then again, i'm one of the least 'hardcore' gamers on this board, so maybe it seemed too intense for me. I enjoyed it on regular/easy... but I dont know if I will be able to get over the frustration of constant death on Veteran. Just like I gave up on KZ2 Elite after maybe 2-3 levels.

Goddamn, I'm a noob, and I suck. Please dont hate me GAF! :-(
I was exactly the same, like, three days ago.

But something unexplainably snapped in my brain and suddenly I'm really good at COD. I think I died more during my Regular playthrough than I did during my Vet playthrough. It was like playing UC2 on Crushing. It was challenging, but if you play smartly, slowly and methodically, it is very manageable -- unlike MW1's cheap grenade-spam and time limit bullshit.

I can't believe what a 180 I've had with this game. I was 'meh' toward it while working through Act II, then really got into during the Gulag level through to the end, before ending the game thinking that it was a frustrating game because of how many boring sections there were, and now, after playing it again, I fucking love it. Weird.

Rez said:
I was exactly the same, like, three days ago.

But something unexplainably snapped in my brain and suddenly I'm really good at COD. I think I died more during my Regular playthrough than I did during my Vet playthrough. It was like playing UC2 on Crushing. It was challenging, but if you play smartly, slowly and methodically, it is very manageable -- unlike MW1's cheap grenade-spam and time limit bullshit.

I can't believe what a 180 I've had with this game. I was 'meh' toward it while working through Act II, then really got into during the Gulag level through to the end, before ending the game thinking that it was a frustrating game because of how many boring sections there were, and now, after playing it again, I fucking love it. Weird.

Hmm. I trust the judgment of a fellow Mighty Boosh's fan over anyone else (did you ever see the 'Big Fat Quiz with Noel Fielding' link I sent you?), so i'll play it again at some point in the next few weeks for sure. I dont expect to have a such a miraculous turnaround as you, but I definitely want it.

The MP is awesome... I love it, but I suck at it... thats fine though. I have an amazing clan and hence I can play in a friendly environment and not feel like a fucking idiot. :D

Mik2121

Nobody else feeling like me regarding the MP stages? They have some sort of Counter Strike feel to some of them (Escape and Terminal mostly), if just because there were some very similar levels in CS..

But I LOVE that! :D

I'm having a lot of fun with the MP, and I have yet to touch the campaign mode :p

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
iamcool388 said:
Hmm. I trust the judgment of a fellow Mighty Boosh's fan over anyone else (did you ever see the 'Big Fat Quiz with Noel Fielding' link I sent you?), so i'll play it again at some point in the next few weeks for sure. I dont expect to have a such a miraculous turnaround as you, but I definitely want it.

The MP is awesome... I love it, but I suck at it... thats fine though. I have an amazing clan and hence I can play in a friendly environment and not feel like a fucking idiot. :D
yes! that was amazing, I love that they actually came back and won. :lol

neoism

Strider2K99 said:
Collecting all intel seems to only unlock achievements/trophies. No cheats. How lame. :/
16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
Wow there's no reason to even find them then... thanks for telling me, I only found 5 my first play through.

AC!D

Mik2121 said:
Nobody else feeling like me regarding the MP stages? They have some sort of Counter Strike feel to some of them (Escape and Terminal mostly), if just because there were some very similar levels in CS..

But I LOVE that! :D

I'm having a lot of fun with the MP, and I have yet to touch the campaign mode :p

Yeah, I got a CS vibe from a few of the multiplayer stages. Favela especially for me. The levels are a lot more colourful than the previous game and the whole thing looks a more 'arcadey' feel which is a good thing in my book.

Rez said:
yes! that was amazing, I love that they actually came back and won. :lol

They aint fucking around bro... 30+ points!!!

I was rolling on the floor...
You gotta give some credit to Jimmy Carr though... He knew when to blow it all up!
:lol :lol :lol

I'm just glad you enjoyed it... I knew you'd appreciate their sense of humor!

Top Bottom