• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

thetrin said:
Wait what? One Shot One Kill is the worst COD map they've ever made!

MW2's campaign was brilliant, imo, especially the last 3 levels.

OSOK was the mission that ended at the fairgrounds, right? That shit can go jump off a cliff. Definitely not the template for good level design.

Sean

Banned
Nothing pisses me off more than when I call in a care package and the match ends just as it drops to the floor, before I could even see what I had. That's such a tease.

This has happened to me like six or seven times now :lol

RavenFox

Banned
Sean said:
Nothing pisses me off more than when I call in a care package and the match ends just as it drops to the floor, before I could even see what I had. That's such a tease.

This has happened to me like six or seven times now :lol
Happened to me twice last night. :lol

mrwilt

glaurung said:
Keep at it. Stick with your groupmates, tweak controls to turn quicker and try to memorize the hotspots on the maps.

Also, I have found that the control point capture game modes are better suited for beginning, since it gives the game some purpose. Within team deathmatch, it's more of a mayhem, but the experience rewards are greater. More experience - more levels and better equipment.

Thanks for the info. I'm willing to try anything to get better at the game. Hopefully perseverence pays off.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
divisionbyzorro said:
OSOK was the mission that ended at the fairgrounds, right? That shit can go jump off a cliff. Definitely not the template for good level design.

Yeah. OSOK is right after Ghillies in the Mist. That's the level that made me want to stop playing COD4.

winnarps said:
Awesome, thanks!

How's the AXPRO? I don't mind wires.

I have them. They're a really good set of headphones. The sound quality is pretty crisp and they hit surprisingly good bass levels for headphones. There is a lot of wires and they do require two plugs, so make sure you have plenty for free sockets. Also, the headset isn't great. When I use them, people always say my voice sounds too tinny and quiet. I'd still recommend them though. They made blasting metal in brutal legend neighbor friendly every hour of the day

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
snoopeasystreet said:
I have them. They're a really good set of headphones. The sound quality is pretty crisp and they hit surprisingly good bass levels for headphones. There is a lot of wires and they do require two plugs, so make sure you have plenty for free sockets. Also, the headset isn't great. When I use them, people always say my voice sounds too tinny and quiet. I'd still recommend them though. They made blasting metal in brutal legend neighbor friendly every hour of the day
If you bought the headset very early after their release, you probably have the old mic vs. the new one.

They increased the mic sensitivity on the newer ones and an e-mail to Tritton can get you a free upgrade to the new mic.

cameltoe

winnarps said:
Awesome, thanks!

How's the AXPRO? I don't mind wires.

I just picked up the AX720's Had the pros and the ax360's These sound better and take advantage of Dolby Headphone now...The pros had like 4 tiny speakers in each ear...so the sound stage was shit....much better with the 720's.

I use them on the 360, PS3 and PC....

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
cameltoe said:
I just picked up the AX720's Had the pros and the ax360's These sound better and take advantage of Dolby Headphone now...The pros had like 4 tiny speakers in each ear...so the sound stage was shit....much better with the 720's.

Saw those in the store and couldn't figure out what the difference was. Good to hear.

Still leaning towards the Turtle Beach's simply due to the wiring madness, but still very good to hear.

snack

TeTr1C said:
Maybe this question has been asked already, but why does money fly out of you when you get killed? It's weird. :lol
It's when you kill someone that just killed you. Hence "payback".

TheGOHN

cameltoe said:

I don't understand how the 720s can be better than the Pro when the AXPro is 5.1 and the 720s are simulated surround.

divisionbyzorro said:
Eh. It was good on Normal and Easy. Hardened and Veteran? Forget about it!

"All Ghillied Up" is better anyway.

gibration

BlackGoku03 said:
So when is the problem with the party invites on PS3 going to be fixed? Slightly annoying.
This was posted 8 hours ago on his twitter but I haven't tried it myself to see if it works.
fourzerotwo said:
Some late night #MW2 tweaks just went into affect. IWNet matchmaking on PC just got improvements & invites on PSN are good to go now. Gnight

TeTr1C

BlackGoku03 said:
So when is the problem with the party invites on PS3 going to be fixed? Slightly annoying.

Yeah I really hope it's fixed soon. I've tried many times to party up with friends, and it just won't connect. It's unexpected for a game as big as this to have a pretty serious problem like that. I wasn't sure if it was just me or what.

I played a TDM game against this entire clan, and they were obviously partied up. HOW DID THEY DO IT?!

Btw, I'm totally addicted to the MP again like I was when the first MW came out. With me pretty much skipping over WaW (played through campaign and a bit online), Call of Duty feels fresh and extremely addicting again. :D :D

edit: Okay, apparently it works now. Gonna have to try that later.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Grecco said:
This game is alot easier on veteran. Alot.

Are you saying Veteran is easier than Recruit? Because unless you are, I am calling straight up BULLSHIT on this. I've only completed the SP on Recruit so far, and it was almost impossible to beat. Took me like 48hrs. The training pit alone took me like 3 hours to qualify!!

PuMa

RubxQub said:
I was so sick and tired of being hunted through the radar, and now I'm the one sneaking around and ruining people's lives :lol

My same exact strategy. I hate radar in shooters.

K' Dash

isamu said:
Are you saying Veteran is easier than Recruit? Because unless you are, I am calling straight up BULLSHIT on this. I've only completed the SP on Recruit so far, and it was almost impossible to beat. Took me like 48hrs. The training pit alone took me like 3 hours to qualify!!

MW2 is definetly the easiest of the bunch, WAW being the most frustrating shit ever.

This is on Veteran, of course.

TeTr1C said:
Yeah I really hope it's fixed soon. I've tried many times to party up with friends, and it just won't connect. It's unexpected for a game as big as this to have a pretty serious problem like that. I wasn't sure if it was just me or what.

I played a TDM game against this entire clan, and they were obviously partied up. HOW DID THEY DO IT?!

Btw, I'm totally addicted to the MP again like I was when the first MW came out. With me pretty much skipping over WaW (played through campaign and a bit online), Call of Duty feels fresh and extremely addicting again. :D :D

edit: Okay, apparently it works now. Gonna have to try that later.

For some reason last night my room mate could invite people and get into a party. So we let him do all the invites. With me though on the exact same connection couldn't join. WTF! I had him send the invite while I was playing then I logged out of PSN and quitting the game. Then I logged back on and started the game. Entered the multiplayer lobby and then accepted the invite. I got booted once and had to do the same thing over to get back in. Eventually we got all 6 members in a party and played flawlessly after that.

Grecco

Anybody have any tips for the mission 'contingency"?

Im at the part where you have to use the Predator to get to the sub. I try blowing up the heli first, the dudes first, the car first and im still having trouble getting to the sub

Spydy

Banned
Question: Does the PSN MP have the ability to add players in while the game is in progress? I find that some games will whittle down to 2 or 3 players on each team without anyone else joining in. I've only played a few games on PSN so not sure. I know on XBL, players can be added on the fly.

gibration

Spydy said:
Question: Does the PSN MP have the ability to add players in while the game is in progress? I find that some games will whittle down to 2 or 3 players on each team without anyone else joining in. I've only played a few games on PSN so not sure. I know on XBL, players can be added on the fly.
Yes.

Sushen

Apprently whole bunch of people got the game early and pretty much everyone is in 20+ and at least in teens. As only one or two guys who's in single digit level with all those perk/equipment disadvantages, I'm not so hot on MP. I'll continue playing MP, but not the same as jaw dropping COD4 experience to me.

JaseMath

Grecco said:

Im at the part where you have to use the Predator to get to the sub. I try blowing up the heli first, the dudes first, the car first and im still having trouble getting to the sub
I blew up the chopper first and then killed the waves of enemies and slowly made my way toward the sub. Find good cover, because there are a lot of them. Oh, and watch the rooftops - there's a central building/house that they'll keep coming back to. But yeah, kill and push forward slowly. Eventually, you'll come to a tower and have to cover Price.

REV 09

Grecco said:

stay to the right...and use your equipment on armor/trucks

REV 09

CrazedArabMan said:
Yeah, the game chat thing is really, really dumb. It is impossible to get people who don't act like 10 year olds.
my old group that i used to party chat with in CoD 4 just mutes everyone else so it's still just us talking. slightly annoying, but works the same way.

Beezy

Sushen said:
Apprently whole bunch of people got the game early and pretty much everyone is in 20+ and at least in teens. As only one or two guys who's in single digit level with all those perk/equipment disadvantages, I'm not so hot on MP. I'll continue playing MP, but not the same as jaw dropping COD4 experience to me.
Don't bitch, keep playing. I felt the same way two days ago, but I stuck with one gun (SCAR) and unlocked a bunch of attachments for it and also a few new perks/killstreaks. It's a lot more fun now and honestly destroys MW2's MP imo.

Sushen said:
People just play a lot. A lot lot. Folks were hitting 20 day one. This is like the fourth.

Also leveling up is ridiculously fast. Oh and play the non-TDM playlists, they mostly give much better xp. Ground War is nuts if you can handle it.

Beezy said:
Don't bitch, keep playing. I felt the same way two days ago, but I stuck with one gun (SCAR) and unlocked a bunch of attachments for it and also a few new perks/killstreaks. It's a lot more fun now and honestly destroys MW2's MP imo.
The maps are genuinely better, that helps a lot. Except fucking Derail.

Beezy said:

Do you think SCAR is better than M4A1?

Fugu

This game is a pure, unadulterated laggy mess on my computer and I really don't know why.
My friends (who are geographically close to me and have a slower internet connection) ping much better than I do.

Concept17

_Alkaline_ said:
Can you unlock all the killstreak rewards? I sure hope so.

Yeah, IIRC you get to unlock one at a time at various levels. You choose which one, and then you select the 3 you want to use.

bdouble

Sushen said:
I got it day one and already lvl 18 I think. As was posted before I can play domination and score 1200 point alone pretty regularly and that's with a shorty k/d ratio.

It's not a disadvantage you jus have to find a setup that suits your playstyle.

Son of Godzilla said:
Oh and play the non-TDM playlists, they mostly give much better xp.
Truth. Sabotage and Headquarters have historically been the best way to rise through the ranks and get all of yo shit.
Son of Godzilla said:
Maps are definitely much better. I'd guess that the total area of your average MW2 map is approx. twice that of a COD4 map. Bigger is better. And yeah, I'll agree that Derail and and Sub Base are about as annoying as Pipeline was. But whatever, there's no Wet Work and there's no Showdown.

Love killing a group of people in MP a few seconds after the match begins. Spawned(HCTDM) as 141 side on the Favela(top of the hill) ran to the right to the road that goes down a hill and shot an AT4 and got 4 kills of the bat. Pretty much fucked up the others team match from the get go. we beat them 7500-1100 mostly because they kept trying to camp buildings but they were bunching up so sticky grenades, uav missle strikes, etc would get 2-3 kills.

Beezy

divisionbyzorro said:
Do you think SCAR is better than M4A1?
If M4A1 is one of the two weapons that you start with, then yeah. I didn't use it enough to unlock any of the attachments though, so I can be wrong.

Son of Godzilla said:
True, seems like it's harder for people to camp. Plus grenade spamming seems to be gone.

I'm an average player and I got to lvl 17-18 in like 5 hours. You guys just need to keep playing and learn the maps.

Hawk SE

I'm probably getting the game this weekend (money permitting).

The new Perk system raises a question that might just be answered from playing, but follow along please.

Say I choose Marathon, I understand it's Unlimited this time. The Pro version is to get over obstacles faster.

Is it a choice choose Regular over Pro within that Perk?

Or is it Unlimited Sprint AND Getting over obstacles faster as part of it being "Pro"?

X26

Banned
Hawk xSx said:
I'm probably getting the game this weekend (money permitting).

The new Perk system raises a question that might just be answered from playing, but follow along please.

Say I choose Marathon, I understand it's Unlimited this time. The Pro version is to get over obstacles faster.

Is it a choice choose Regular over Pro within that Perk?

Or is it Unlimited Spring AND Getting over obstacles faster as part of it being "Pro"?

you get both benefits with pro perks

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Sushen said:

I got it day one and i'm 26, Granted I did play a lot but some of us 20-somethings are legit. My buddy got it a day early though, he's up to the 60's now.

Beezy said:
If M4A1 is one of the two weapons that you start with, then yeah. I didn't use it enough to unlock any of the attachments though, so I can be wrong.

I just unlocked the SCAR (still very low level), but was putting off the temptation to try it until I'd power-leveled through the M4A1. I suppose I'll find out for sure then.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
xxjuicesxx said:
Yup nothing like joining a game and it ending only to add another loss to your tally. :lol

This is why the Win/Loss ratio is largely meaningless. At least host quitting when a TDM game is four kills to three doesn't create a loss anymore. After a while it seems like whether you win or lose isn't exactly the top priority for most of the people playing.

TheExodu5

Banned
TheGOHN said:
I don't understand how the 720s can be better than the Pro when the AXPro is 5.1 and the 720s are simulated surround.

5.1 doesn't mean a thing when it's enclosed in headphone space. 2 channel will always beat out 5.1 as you get far better and bigger drivers for the money. Yes, driver size does matter in producing better sound.

Also, 2 channel can easily simulate directional movement. Hell, it's easy to tell where enemies are in CS, and that is purely software based simulation.

Top Bottom