• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Lourio

DMPrince said:
fuck. ps3 froze again but this time While I was playing SP. :\

Did your screen go all black? Happened to me a few days ago.... I had died and was waiting for the level to load, then boom, screen goes black and couldn't do anything. I had to manually hold down the power button on my PS3 to turn the system off.

I wonder if this is a reoccurring issue that other people are having with this game?

TheExodu5 said:
5.1 doesn't mean a thing when it's enclosed in headphone space. 2 channel will always beat out 5.1 as you get far better and bigger drivers for the money. Yes, driver size does matter in producing better sound.

Also, 2 channel can easily simulate directional movement. Hell, it's easy to tell where enemies are in CS, and that is purely software based simulation.

What he said. If you doubt him, put headphones on, close your eyes, and check out this youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA&feature=related

Remember, your regular headphones only have two-channel audio!

Speaking of headphones, is there a best way to hook up headphones to the 360? Do USB headphones work? Wait, that's a pretty dumb question. Ok, so what's the best way to hook up headphones?

Just finished the campaign last night, awesome game and Hans Zimmers score was really well done. It didnt leave the same impact that COD4 left on me, but damn it was pretty badass. :D

Time for a long weekend of multiplayer and spec ops, and possibly starting my veteran run. :D

BigNastyCurve said:
Speaking of headphones, is there a best way to hook up headphones to the 360? Do USB headphones work? Wait, that's a pretty dumb question. Ok, so what's the best way to hook up headphones?

I'm not sure how your setup is, but I have my stereo connected to my TV. I just pop my headphones into my stereo headphone jack and bam I'm good to go. Games sound so freaking clear wearing high quality headphones. I have a pair of sennheisers hd pros and the clarity is amazing.

kodt

Banned
BigNastyCurve said:

Well if your TV or Stereo/Receiver have headphone jacks on them you can do it that way.

Otherwise you can get something expensive like the Astro Gaming mixamp which connects to the optical audio straight from the 360. You can then connect your headphones, it is supposed to improve sound quality and directional sound when using headphones. It's $130 though.

There are headphones made specifically for 360 that use USB I think. Like the Turtle Beach EarForce series or Astro Gaming headphones.

Jedeye Sniv said:
I got it day one and i'm 26, Granted I did play a lot but some of us 20-somethings are legit. My buddy got it a day early though, he's up to the 60's now.

It's not that hard to rank up in this game when you know what you are doing. I got it at midnight on launch day and logged 10 hours so far and I'm 33. I'm also a 55 gold cross in COD4 so I know how to maximize my leveling.

Had my best game so far last night. 16-2 with a 14 killstreak on Derail. I know some of you might average that but shut up, im getting better. :lol

Patrick Roy said:
Did your screen go all black? Happened to me a few days ago.... I had died and was waiting for the level to load, then boom, screen goes black and couldn't do anything. I had to manually hold down the power button on my PS3 to turn the system off.

I wonder if this is a reoccurring issue that other people are having with this game?

That happened to me as well when I clicked 'Play Online'.
The second time it froze during a match.
This time it froze during SP.

gnarkill bill said:
Had my best game so far last night. 16-2 with a 14 killstreak on Derail. I know some of you might average that but shut up, im getting better. :lol

Everyone gets better in time. :D

I have a sweet killstreak setup, usually predator, harrier, then pavelow. In addition to my stealth class(Scar silenced, holographic, G18 secondary red dot, ninja pro, coldblooded pro, stopping power), I can usually rape the competition in no time.

Now that I unlocked the M16 bitches are going to be crying.

Oh and to people that have used the fully auto Glock(G18), how many people do you think are gonna complain about people using a modded controller when they see kill cams of it. :lol

fixuis

damnit, i messed up my pc resolution and now my tv won't display the game but I can hear sound, anyway to change the resolution through the command line desktop shortcut or through the steam settings?

edit: nevermind, if you close the iw4sp.exe app from task manager, and then restart the game from steam, it asks you to run the game in safe mode, and then you can reset the settings.

divisionbyzorro said:
I just unlocked the SCAR (still very low level), but was putting off the temptation to try it until I'd power-leveled through the M4A1. I suppose I'll find out for sure then.
The SCAR with advanced attachments is nice, especially with bling. I gave up the M4 after I got a holo sight on it. It just doesn't get the job done like the SCAR.
Mooreberg said:
This is why the Win/Loss ratio is largely meaningless. At least host quitting when a TDM game is four kills to three doesn't create a loss anymore. After a while it seems like whether you win or lose isn't exactly the top priority for most of the people playing.
I'm playing with the same group that I played COD4 with, and they've already fallen into a routine of non-stop team deathmatch. This sucks because the path to lvl 10 prestige will take about 40 years in TDM, and also -- shit, TDM is about as interesting as like chasing a plastic bag around your yard on a windy day. Run run run -twitch- firefirefire run jump throw grenade.

The Chef

Some ass actually was crouching by my spawn point for easily 5 minutes just waiting for me to spawn there. Then he quickly knifes me.

Awesome job dude.

Hazimov

Hanmik said:

2-19.gif

ZZMitch

DeuceMojo said:
The SCAR with advanced attachments is nice, especially with bling. I gave up the M4 after I got a holo sight on it. It just doesn't get the job done like the SCAR.

I'm playing with the same group that I played COD4 with, and they've already fallen into a routine of non-stop team deathmatch. This sucks because the path to lvl 10 prestige will take about 40 years in TDM, and also -- shit, TDM is about as interesting as like chasing a plastic bag around your yard on a windy day. Run run run -twitch- firefirefire run jump throw grenade.

40 Years :lol I got to 5th Prestige in Cod4 with a total of about 8days or so of playing time in the end. That was pretty much just TDM with a little SND sprinkled in.

snack

DMPrince said:
That happened to me as well when I clicked 'Play Online'.
The second time it froze during a match.
This time it froze during SP.
What PS3 do you have? The old 60gb w/ the emotion engine?

The Chef said:
Some ass actually was crouching by my spawn point for easily 5 minutes just waiting for me to spawn there. Then he quickly knifes me.

Awesome job dude.
Did you put a tactical spawn point there? That's kinda funny. :lol Sounds like something you'd see in World of Warcraft.

Yesterday I saw some idiot staring at the ground with something in his hand, after I killed him it said I'd stopped a tactical insertion placement. Wow, what a sense of achievement! Anyway, I'm living for the day that I rocket someone in the back of the head while they're busy looking at a laptop.

harrytang

DeuceMojo said:

yeah, it says ive logged 1 day and three hours. I'm only a level 46. I play HC team deathmatch only. I basically a little more than halfway to the top since the points increase between rankings.

Once I know the maps in depth I'll start playing S and D.

winnarps

Anyone have recommendations for the best playlist for XP?

I've been playing a good amount of domination/ground war. Domination always gives a good bonus at the end if you win, but I still feel like I'm leveling up really slowly (I'm 32 now).

Can someone send me a chat invite for PSN GAF? Sometimes there's only a couple dudes playing on my list, a lot of my friends are still playing SF4.

PSN: Killasasa

cameltoe

winnarps said:
Anyone have recommendations for the best playlist for XP?

I've been playing a good amount of domination/ground war. Domination always gives a good bonus at the end if you win, but I still feel like I'm leveling up really slowly (I'm 32 now).

s&d is the best to rank up. I was always netting 12000-16000 xp per round. You still only get 50 for a kill like cod 4 so your score will not go up as much as the other modes but you get a shit ton of XP points and the end of the game.

I was playing last night with friends and seeing the xp from kills go down to my xp bar at the bottom reminded me of borderlands. Considering how addicted i was to that game, oh damn, i will be playing this alot.

Only crappy thing is, sometimes when we all decide to back out, the part gets broken up, and we have resend invites?? is this just a bug right now? on 360

panda21

my first kill with the semtex was a blind thrown sticky that was a kill streak ending payback. the XP stuff went mental :lol feels good man

womfalcs3

Banned
Amazon apparently canceled my order. They sent me an e-mail claiming the reason was that my address was undeliverable. I've been using Amazon for years using the same address, and I just received a few packages last week from them.

My MW2 copy had already shipped on Tuesday, even.

I don't know. I've already applied the credit they gave me, so I guess I received $20 in any case.

Stantron

I love taking out UAVs with my AT4. Though I have a bad habit of pressing Y to swap weapons back to my primary after I fire the shot. And since the game auto switches weapons once your weapon one is out of ammo, all this does is cancel that animation back to the empty AT4. I need to stop that. :/

Anyone know if scavenger perk works with AT4 ammo? Also, does the AT4 become obsolete once you unlock the other launchers? I assume those also have the same single shot lock on, except with more damage. But it would be cool if they each still had advantages for different situations.

harrytang

Stantron said:
I love taking out UAVs with my AT4. Though I have a bad habit of pressing Y to swap weapons back to my primary after I fire the shot. And since the game auto switches weapons once your weapon one is out of ammo, all this does is cancel that animation back to the empty AT4. I need to stop that. :/

Anyone know if scavenger perk works with AT4 ammo? Also, does the AT4 become obsolete once you unlock the other launchers? I assume those also have the same single shot lock on, except with more damage. But it would be cool if they each still had advantages for different situations.

I do the same damn thing. The stinger is great but no free fire. Must be locked on to an enemy vehicle. Helps me figure out if the helicopter is on my team or not.

Thinking about going back to the original just so i can shoot people with it.

I noticed last night that they changed the scoring in Headquarters so that you only get the points for holding the HQ if you're still alive. Makes more sense that way but makes it harder to use the Headquarters playlist to gain max XP. I was still getting around 3-4k total since you get a nice little bonus for winning but I might have to venture into the hardcore modes now to get more points.

ALeperMessiah said:
I noticed last night that they changed the scoring in Headquarters so that you only get the points for holding the HQ if you're still alive.

Yeah, and kills when the HQ is offline are worth 60 pts. ??? I think they might have fucked up headquarters. :D

ZZMitch

Stantron said:

Well the next launcher at lvl 14 is pretty much just a noob tube as its own gun :D , meaning it doesn't lock on or anything, just shoots a grenade. The striker at lvl 30 is pretty much the AT4 but more beast.

Speaking of Beast, I want whatever the Street Sweeper-looking grenade launcher or shotgun that unlocks in the mid-20s. Only 30 games of Sabotage until then.

Wish this game had replays. Just played an Underpass where every single person on the team had their airdrops fall onto the highway a mile above the map. 5 little icons just sitting there. THERES SUNLIGHT, IT SHOULD BE OPEN!

Anyone know if they're going to restrict most of the maps to certain game types? How worthless if the thing has 20 maps, but I get to play 8 of them because I don't play... Free for All or whatever.

TrAcEr_x90 said:
I was playing last night with friends and seeing the xp from kills go down to my xp bar at the bottom reminded me of borderlands. Considering how addicted i was to that game, oh damn, i will be playing this alot.

Only crappy thing is, sometimes when we all decide to back out, the part gets broken up, and we have resend invites?? is this just a bug right now? on 360

Its the same crap we had to deal with on COD4.. in WAW Treyarch added an option to pull party back for the hosts. Why it was not used in MW2 is beyond me.

JaseMath

DeuceMojo said:
Anyone know if they're going to restrict most of the maps to certain game types? How worthless if the thing has 20 maps, but I get to play 8 of them because I don't play... Free for All or whatever.
Anything other than Free For All would never work on some of the maps...like Rust.

ZZMitch said:
40 Years :lol I got to 5th Prestige in Cod4 with a total of about 8days or so of playing time in the end. That was pretty much just TDM with a little SND sprinkled in.

Pffffft. After 8 days of playtime I was either 7 or 8. But I was a fucking beast with no job back then.

Is there a list of the gaf peoples who have this on PC? I want to play some spec op mode and for some reason they restrict it to the people on your friends list, and no one on my steam list is playing it :lol

Top Bottom