• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

ItsInMyVeins said:
Dude, I know the difference between the red dot sight and the ACOG. It's not more accurate but it's easier to handle. In what sense could it be more accurate when you don't get the same amount of zoom nor the same precise hair cross?

Because if you can aim well your just as accurate with a red dot as an ACOG. A person can be easily as accurate with either scope type. People have always shit on the ACOG in MW because it was a marginal help while its zoom was just a hindrance at short ranges, you often got away with just using a red dot on most weapons just fine especially in hardcore matches where you don't need head shots and weapons are all 1-2 bullet deadly.

DoomGyver

Anyone else getting 0/0 players in all playlists? but playing fine? Also my NAT now says I'm strict?

This a server issue? because I'm playing fine..?

PS3 version

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Son of Godzilla said:
Wish this game had replays. Just played an Underpass where every single person on the team had their airdrops fall onto the highway a mile above the map. 5 little icons just sitting there. THERES SUNLIGHT, IT SHOULD BE OPEN!

Just last night I had TWO of mine land up there for the very first time because I called both in at the same time - a Sentry Gun, the only one I was really pissed about, and an random Ammo Crate - there is no damn shadow that I'm under so I never even bothered looking up...

Never will happen again.

123rl

I just finished the Campaign on Normal. Two years of waiting and I was happy with it. Very good game, IMO. I will leave it for a week or so then crack on with Hardened then maybe Veteran

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Skilotonn said:
Just last night I had TWO of mine land up there for the very first time because I called both in at the same time - a Sentry Gun, the only one I was really pissed about, and an random Ammo Crate - there is no damn shadow that I'm under so I never even bothered looking up...

Never will happen again.

HAHA I've done it far too many times already and it will probably happen again because I always forget the fucker is there. Other than that though its one of my better maps.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
BattleMonkey said:
Because if you can aim well your just as accurate with a red dot as an ACOG. A person can be easily as accurate with either scope type. People have always shit on the ACOG in MW because it was a marginal help while its zoom was just a hindrance at short ranges, you often got away with just using a red dot on most weapons just fine especially in hardcore matches where you don't need head shots and weapons are all 1-2 bullet deadly.

Yeah, with a couple of hundred hours of playing COD4 -- pretty much exlusively hardcore TD & SD mode -- in my backpack I'm well aware of that. I'm saying that the ACOG is a lot better than the one in COD4. But more than the zoom being an annoyance I never felt that it was accurate in that game at all, whereas it is in MW2. The same basis still apply though; slower to bring up and it's scoped so you're not gonna be as aware of your surroundings. Even so it's proved very useful to me on maps like wasteland and quarry.

EDIT: Oh, and you don't lose nearly as much of your vision in MW2 compared to how the ACOG worked in MW.

Mik2121

I just got done playing for tonight, but the last couple rounds have been so much fun!.

We were only 4 vs 4 and my team kept winning thanks to me. I either had a streak of luck or the other people playing were bad at it, but thanks to those rounds my K/D ratio went up to 2.10

What's your KD ratio, guys?

nib95

Banned
Have to say, I shat on MW2 a tad after playing through the first act. But it certainly did pick up considerably in the second half. Some of the levels are simply magnificent, especially in regards to art direction and just overall atmosphere. I mean, literally, had my jaw wide open at some segments.
Especially the rain/lightning levels after the EMP blast
. I personally think the first half of MW is better, but MW2 has a better second half. Only thing I think is lacking is more sophisticated pacing. You get tiny moments of pause, but no real lengthy quieter or more relaxed/desolate segments such as the sniper level in the first game. Here, even the more quiet segments erupt in to a hail of gunfire rather too quickly for my personal taste. I also think more could have been done to make the narrative flow better, and to have more character development. As is, the game is rather choppy and rough in transitions between levels and acts.

diehard

Fleer
Mik2121 said:
I just got done playing for tonight, but the last couple rounds have been so much fun!.

We were only 4 vs 4 and my team kept winning thanks to me. I either had a streak of luck or the other people playing were bad at it, but thanks to those rounds my K/D ratio went up to 2.10

1.86 , but would be better if they had not removed my 2 favorite modes in Hardcore HQ and team tactical

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Mik2121 said:

Shitty bc all I play is HQ and I actually try to capture/destroy the HQ. It's still frustrating to see people refusing to go into a building simply because they might die. Drives me insane. Toss some flashbangs and get in there, dammit! I had this problem with COD4 too. Unfortunately, HQ is my favorite mp mode.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Mik2121 said:

1.19 but on its way up. *knocks on wood*

divisionbyzorro said:
You're doing it wrong.

Unless you only play FFA or TD, in which case, carry on.

Or CTF. Not everyone needs to go after the other teams flag. Defending your flag just as important IMO.

DoomGyver

ultron87 said:
So the Ghillie Suit spec-ops mission is probably one of the best co-op experiences I've had in a long time. So cool,
You mean "Hidden" ?

Too bad it's a DIRECT copy/paste from mw1 :lol

Mik2121

divisionbyzorro said:
You're doing it wrong.

Unless you only play FFA or TD, in which case, carry on.

I basically only play TD :p

To be honest, I never played any other mode in COD4, but I might give them a try this time :)

And yeah, I'm getting used to the maps now too! (I just got the game this morning and I've played 8 hours already, hahaha). I'm loving Escape, Terminal and the laaaaaaarge snowy map, whatever it's name was.
I recently unlocked the perk to not show up in the radar, so I'm just sneaking around like I used to do in COD4.. Ahh.. so happy :_)

REV 09

nib95 said:
Have to say, I shat on MW2 a tad after playing through the first act. But it certainly did pick up considerably in the second half. Some of the levels are simply magnificent, especially in regards to art direction and just overall atmosphere. I mean, literally, had my jaw wide open at some segments.
Especially the rain/lightning levels after the EMP blast
. I personally think the first half of MW is better, but MW2 has a better second half. Only thing I think is lacking is more sophisticated pacing. You get tiny moments of pause, but no real lengthy quieter or more relaxed/desolate segments such as the sniper level in the first game. Here, even the more quiet segments erupt in to a hail of gunfire rather too quickly for my personal taste. I also think more could have been done to make the narrative flow better, and to have more character development. As is, the game is rather choppy and rough in transitions between levels and acts.
agree with all of this.

My only bitch about thermal:

A) Doesn't work worth a SHIT on Derailed or Sub Base. Unfortunate then that it's really a WHITE-HOT kinda view instead of actually thermal.

B) My only other bitch :lol: Slower than a mofo when zoomed in. Had to jack up the sensitivity, which may have fucked up my game when I'm not using this sight.

So yeah, maybe it's not all that good.

cameltoe

commish said:
Shitty bc all I play is HQ and I actually try to capture/destroy the HQ. It's still frustrating to see people refusing to go into a building simply because they might die. Drives me insane. Toss some flashbangs and get in there, dammit! I had this problem with COD4 too. Unfortunately, HQ is my favorite mp mode.

yeah its worse with MW2, everyone camping in every mode.

Mik2121

DeuceMojo said:
My only bitch about thermal:

A) Doesn't work worth a SHIT on Derailed or Sub Base. Unfortunate then that it's really a WHITE-HOT kinda view instead of actually thermal.

B) My only other bitch :lol: Slower than a mofo when zoomed in. Had to jack up the sensitivity, which may have fucked up my game when I'm not using this sight.

So yeah, maybe it's not all that good.
Yeah, I tried the thermal and it didn't really convince me at all. I was lucky I got some frags out of it, but it was just too hard to move the camera around. I went back to the red dot.

cameltoe said:
I had to rethink my teammates last night when one of them (one of the more sensible) said "Sabotage probably isn't the best thing for your kill:death ratio."

And I said, "dude, you have no idea how nerdy that was, son."

cameltoe said:
Yep.
If I spot someone camping, I yell at them to stop being a bitch and move around.

Furthermore, I love winning games against camping teams. At the post-game lobby, I always say "Let that be a lesson, folks: camping does not pay."

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Man... reading this topic is very insightful. Some builds are obvious (ninja + cold blooded + silenced weapon), but it honestly never occurred to me that a nade launcher build would be good for HQ. Totally trying that tonight.

commish

noire said:
Hah, I still keep an eye on mine, but HQ pretty much always ends with my killing 1/2 as much as I get killed.

That's usually how it works out for me as well. I don't give a F if I die, because the guy behind me will get you. I just wanna win. When I get fed up with my team camping, I'll switch to domination for a bit. At least if they camp there, they can guard one of our flags or something.

And yeah, i'm on ps3 (psn tigerheli). I'll add you later tonight when i get back on.

Weenerz

Banned
Revolutionary said:
Yep.
If I spot someone camping, I yell at them to stop being a bitch and move around.

Furthermore, I love winning games against camping teams. At the post-game lobby, I always say "Let that be a lesson, folks: camping does not pay."

You're like the MW2 superhero, internet high-five for you.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Could be a stupid question but...why isn't there a level shrouded in darkness that would require the nightvision goggles? It would be pretty neato and thermal/heartbeat stuff would come in extra handy since flashbangs would take out your nightvision for a bit.

panda21

ItsInMyVeins said:
Yeah, with a couple of hundred hours of playing COD4 -- pretty much exlusively hardcore TD & SD mode -- in my backpack I'm well aware of that. I'm saying that the ACOG is a lot better than the one in COD4. But more than the zoom being an annoyance I never felt that it was accurate in that game at all, whereas it is in MW2. The same basis still apply though; slower to bring up and it's scoped so you're not gonna be as aware of your surroundings. Even so it's proved very useful to me on maps like wasteland and quarry.

EDIT: Oh, and you don't lose nearly as much of your vision in MW2 compared to how the ACOG worked in MW.

i think the scopes in mw1 were broken, i didnt get into it enough to understand/remember why but i remember seeing youtube videos illustrating how broken the ACOG was, something to do with a bug in the hit boxes or something that IW never bothered patching.. you were better off using an MP5 with a red dot in that than a sniper rifle, it had next to no recoil, or at least it was so predictable you could learn to completely counteract it really easily

i assume thats why people are saying don't bother with the ACOG in this one but theyve obviously changed it a lot. i'm not nearly hardcore enough to know or care but it certainly seems to work fine for me. i think they also added more recoil and jumping about when you are being shot and a few other things to the aiming.

the callsign you get for the AC130 is epic. GOD HAND :D

Full Recovery said:
Anyone else getting 0/0 players in all playlists? but playing fine? Also my NAT now says I'm strict?

This a server issue? because I'm playing fine..?

PS3 version

Yup, just been playing the PS3 version and had this issue too. Didn't seem to affect the gameplay in anyway that I noticed though.

Mikey Jr.

They got rid of the MP5.

The MP5 is gone.

MP5 IS GONE!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Seriously why the fuck did they get rid of it!?!?

Mik2121

chubigans said:
Could be a stupid question but...why isn't there a level shrouded in darkness that would require the nightvision goggles? It would be pretty neato and thermal/heartbeat stuff would come in extra handy since flashbangs would take out your nightvision for a bit.
I bet we will get something like that in the DLC.

panda21

chubigans said:

yeah i wondered this too, i dont get why they didnt do it in the last one either.

i assume there is some technical issue that means it wouldnt work. i guess if you could see lasers shining out of everyones gun it would make the lag very obvious.

commish

GDJustin said:
Man... reading this topic is very insightful. Some builds are obvious (ninja + cold blooded + silenced weapon), but it honestly never occurred to me that a nade launcher build would be good for HQ. Totally trying that tonight.

nade launcher AND thumper for 2 more explosive rounds :p and FMJ once I unlock that. Trust me, after a few hours of nothing but HQ, you'll know exactly where people are hiding.

What's great about the grenade launcher is that you can still use the red dot for aiming with that one perk that allows you secondary attachments.

chubigans said:
I'm glad they got rid of NVGs, 'cause it was always used for cheap kills in the dark. Now you actually have to use a thermal to get the same effect.

But as for environments, yeah, make a few totally dark. In fact, make them so dark that if you turned the game's brightness and your TV's brightness all the way up, they'd still be dark. :lol

bdouble

noire said:
Are you on PS3? If so, add me to your list. PSN: noiretoile
I'll add ya when I get home tonight. I was a big HC tdm player in 4 but right now loving domination. Haven't gotten into HQ but will later. Ctf is fun as well specially on wasteland.

cameltoe said:

The problem is that people don't know the maps that well so camping is more effective. In COD4 you could only camp in so many places but so many many people knew the maps like the back of their hands that it wasn't very effective. Give it time, the campers will decrease.

Revolutionary said:
Yep.

Btw, most people have turned their chat features to friends only now that the party system is blocked so even in a group of 9 people playing Ground War... not a single person will hear you. I'm not camping... just saying. I'm sure it makes you feel better to say it even if no one hears it.

DoomGyver

Mikey Jr. said:
They got rid of the MP5.

The MP5 is gone.

MP5 IS GONE!!

They took out the M14 and Dragonuv too.. but heres the kicker.. they're in SPEC OPS!? wtf is this shit? why not have them in both modes?

Here's a question:

I've got my SCAR nearly maxed out. Got the shotgun, rds, silencer, holo, thermal, hbs, ACOG, FMJ, don't think I'm missing anything there... Has anyone managed the 40 bullet penetration FMJ kills to max out this rifle? I don't want to spend like 20 games doing this, just to say I did it and get 10,000 points.

Ganhyun

Mikey Jr. said:
They got rid of the MP5.

The MP5 is gone.

MP5 IS GONE!!

??

Did they remove it via a patch? Because I could have sworn it was still in the game last night when I played.

KGKK

Banned
WTH, no matchmaking for the co-op spec ops? Seriously all I played in WaW is the Nazi Zombies and in Uncharted 2 I basically only touched the co-op games. It doesn't help that I don't have too many friends on PSN and I basically play late late late night like around 2am till morning most of the time. This is gonna suck for me. Reconsidering on maybe getting Borderlands tonight instead of this. Hmmmmm....

I like the ACOG in this game actually. It makes the FAR or w/e it's called feel like a sniper rifle.

And dear lord is it a pain in the ass to unlock extended mags. I don't want to use FMJ on frakking anything.

Top Bottom