• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
DeuceMojo said:
I'm glad they got rid of NVGs, 'cause it was always used for cheap kills in the dark. Now you actually have to use a thermal to get the same effect.

But as for environments, yeah, make a few totally dark. In fact, make them so dark that if you turned the game's brightness and your TV's brightness all the way up, they'd still be dark. :lol

What was even more annyoing is that I every so often accidentally would switch it one when trying to bring up a claymore or whatever :lol

Son of Godzilla said:
I like the ACOG in this game actually. It makes the FAR or w/e it's called feel like a sniper rifle.

Yeah, and while it does zoom in a bit you've still got a decent amount of vision around the scope -- certainely more than I remember it being in MW.

HooCares

Neo Member
Son of Godzilla said:
I like the ACOG in this game actually. It makes the FAR or w/e it's called feel like a sniper rifle.

And dear lord is it a pain in the ass to unlock extended mags. I don't want to use FMJ on frakking anything.

Unless you're fine with an iron site, I don't get the point of extended mags (Bling + site and Mags).

Just use a site and Scavenger Pro for extra mags plus grenade pickups.

itsinmyveins

Right now I'm playing hardcore with one of the perks being hardline, so I'm like calling a UAV in every two seconds :lol

diehard

Fleer
panda21 said:
what does FMJ even do? is it just deep penetration perk or does it do more damage as well (without going through a wall)?
Just Penetration. Someone got the great idea that somehow all standard ammunition is'nt FMJ and is REQUIRED by NATO. Oh and also there is magically FMJ for shotguns.

gibration

diehard said:
Just Penetration. Someone got the great idea that somehow all standard ammunition is FMJ and is REQUIRED by NATO. Oh and also there is magically FMJ for shotguns.
It does a slight bit of more damage.

itsinmyveins

As far as the maps go, I really don't like Afghan (where I always play like crap) and Wasteland.

My favourite right now might be Favela and Terminal, with the Sub base and the other winter map being pretty fun too.

Chaplain

TheExodu5 said:
5.1 doesn't mean a thing when it's enclosed in headphone space. 2 channel will always beat out 5.1 as you get far better and bigger drivers for the money. Yes, driver size does matter in producing better sound.

Also, 2 channel can easily simulate directional movement. Hell, it's easy to tell where enemies are in CS, and that is purely software based simulation.

The 720's are not better than the Pro's. I have been using the Pro's for 10 months straight and on an average of 8 hours per work day. They are by far the best for 5.1 DD. Nothing else comes close.

gibration

Son of Godzilla said:
Getting this from anywhere other than the terrible in game graphs?

Yea, those are mostly meaningless.
No. Never mind then, I was just telling it by the graphs. I never knew that they were inaccurate.

Feindflug

Guys I have a question, does anyone have problems with the matchmaking when in a party and/or getting frequently laggy (1, 2 bars) matches?

I'm asking this because I personally didn't have any laggy matches or problems with matchmaking at least in the 6hrs that I have played but I heard some guys at work bitching about the multiplayer and how it sucks for them...wtf?

BTW they also have the 360 version. o_O

I'm loving multiplayer but hating the lack of party chat. Fuck the people at IW who came up with that idea. I just want to play the game with my friends instead of listening to retards curse or the most annoying kids ever, but no, I can't unless I want to mute everyone who comes in to the game.

What playlist do you rank up the fastest in? It used to be Headquarters, but you don't get as much XP anymore.

Domination seems quite good. It's the fastest one I've found so far.

cameltoe

Game Analyst said:
The 720's are not better than the Pro's. I have been using the Pro's for 10 months straight and on an average of 8 hours per work day. They are by far the best for 5.1 DD. Nothing else comes close.

your opinion. I have both and believe the 720's sound better.

Theres a reason Tritton moved away from 4 tiny speakers in each ear.

itsinmyveins

Photolysis said:
I'm loving multiplayer but hating the lack of party chat. Fuck the people at IW who came up with that idea. I just want to play the game with my friends instead of listening to retards curse or the most annoying kids ever, but no, I can't unless I want to mute everyone who comes in to the game.

At least private chat still works :/

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Just unlocked the Heartbeat sensor, it fucking rocks.

M4 with heartbeat sensor + red dot sight + cold blooded and ninja = WIN button.

Photolysis said:

I blame MS as much as I blame IW if not more. After all, MS are the ones who made the exception for them to be the only game to break party chat. MS has the final say... IW can only ask if they can do it. MS is the one that let them pass through certification breaking a fundamental part of the system.

Btw, change your voice and text settings to friends only and it will solve your problem until they patch the party chat back in.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
BAH! I finally stick someone with semtex, and my victim gets stabbed before he blows :(

commish said:
On HQ maps, the grenade launcher + thumper = easy, easy kills. Really, I don't know how anyone can use anything else on these maps. It's the easiest way to clean out the HQ room.

Yes, I have a setup with this and it works wonders for HQ. My only question, and it's something I'll have to try tonight, is that with Scavenger Pro do you get more than 2 thumper rounds?

lunlunqq

have been playing the MP for a little over 3 hours now. i think it's somewhat different from MW1, especially the map layouts. so many rooms now. it's a camper's game. i'm running around the maps a lot to get familiar with them; so my k/d ratio sux at about 1.1 (i was 3.05 in MW1). i think i still need to get used to the new maps.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I really enjoy all the maps except for Estate (cabin on top of the hill). Holy crap do I hate that map so much. It's a really awesomely designed map in theory, but my gamer skillz must not be up to the challenge because I'm lucky if I get two kills there per game.

panda21

DRE Fei said:
So, has anyone gone prestige yet or know anyone who has? Is it actually worth it this time around? What do you get?

i almost hope you dont get something awesome or i'm going to waste sooo much time :lol

chubigans said:
I really enjoy all the maps except for Estate (cabin on top of the hill). Holy crap do I hate that map so much. It's a really awesomely designed map in theory, but my gamer skillz must not be up to the challenge because I'm lucky if I get two kills there per game.

Out of ten games, this map will show up 4-5 times for me. I'm seriously sick of playing it and starting to think it's a bug that it's showing up so much.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I really hated the heartbeat sensor at first, because I lost my Red Dot Sight, but now with Bling, I'm loving it. Makes the times without the UAV a wee bit easier.

OldJadedGamer said:
Out of ten games, this map will show up 4-5 times for me. I'm seriously sick of playing it and starting to think it's a bug that it's showing up so much.

Samesies. I also hate the one map with the bunker in the middle of it. I think it's called wasteland or something. It's all this flat ground with one bunker and the snipers just camp and snipe all day. . Sigh :/

DaFish

DMeisterJ said:
I really hated the heartbeat sensor at first, because I lost my Red Dot Sight, but now with Bling, I'm loving it. Makes the times without the UAV a wee bit easier.
Aww, I want that...

What gun are you using again?

DMeisterJ

Banned
DaFish said:
Aww, I want that...

What gun are you using again?

I use either the M4A1 or FAL.

Have bling as a perk (allows you to use 2x attachments)

And use the heartbeat sensor and Red Dot Sight as my attachments.

<3

DaFish

DMeisterJ said:
I use either the M4A1 or FAL.

Have bling as a perk (allows you to use 2x attachments)

And use the heartbeat sensor and Red Dot Sight as my attachments.

<3

Oh yeah, I picked up your FAL once... I'm so close to lvl28, That FAL will be mine!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Voltron64 said:
Join the military.

omg no that game is broken. You can attach more than one thing without BLING and get to call in Killstreaks without killing anything. Plus you almost NEVER see Tactical Nuke in rl. I think I only remember it being used twice because some camper racked up Machine Gun kills when we were playing that completely unbalanced Iwo Jima map.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Weenerz said:
Once again, I must say the AC130 IS BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT!

I love that thing. It's 300 free Experience points when I stinger that motherfucker.

Cerrius said:
Why does Karachi come up so much in matchmaking?

holy fuck this is annoying

This too! Starting to dislike this map.

TheExodu5

Banned
ItsInMyVeins said:
Right now I'm playing hardcore with one of the perks being hardline, so I'm like calling a UAV in every two seconds :lol

No one gets a UAV up in my games! I own the fucking skies!

Game Analyst said:

Chalk it up to personal preference then.

A ton of people on Head-Fi love the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros, but I think they sound like bloated shit. =\

Anyways, I'd love to see some more focused maps. I want some Counter-Strike style maps with real chokepoints for team games...not maps where you can flank from every which way. It turns the game into too much of a run n' gun. Thankfully, hardcore brings that into check a little bit since you really need situational awareness to do well.

Also, kind of sad that we won't have custom maps on the PC. Would have been great to have a pitch black map with forced thermal scoping on guns. :)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hmm, I've yet to play Rust...guess that's on a standard deathmatch rotation?

Also, sucks that there's no suburban/DC maps...but I guess that's for the map packs.

Top Bottom