• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Enosh

DeuceMojo said:
B) My only other bitch :lol: Slower than a mofo when zoomed in. Had to jack up the sensitivity, which may have fucked up my game when I'm not using this sight.

on the fly sensitivity changing <3

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
cameltoe said:
yeah its worse with MW2, everyone camping in every mode.

Pretty much. I use flashbangs to see if anyone is camping around a corner since you get that indication in your crosshair if it got anybody. Headquarters was my favorite mode in COD4 but I'm not too crazy about the changes they made to it. Thankfully Sabotage has been saved by host migration so I'll probably be playing a good amount of that.

Odrion

Banned
Ugh, they really fucked up the spawn system in this game. In COD4 you always had an idea of the general direction of the battle. Now it gets clusterfuckery way too often. Worse than WaW. :\
DMeisterJ said:
I really hated the heartbeat sensor at first, because I lost my Red Dot Sight, but now with Bling, I'm loving it. Makes the times without the UAV a wee bit easier
Equip it with a silencer, my god it's so much fun hunting people down this way.

TheExodu5

Banned
chubigans said:
Hmm, I've yet to play Rust...guess that's on a standard deathmatch rotation?

Yeah it's only in FFA. I never play FFA because you can't play it with your friends. =\

Pretty fun map though...definitely much better than Shipment.

Odrion said:
Ugh, they really fucked up the spawn system in this game. In COD4 you always had an idea of the general direction of the battle. Now it gets clusterfuckery way too often. Worse than WaW. :\

Equip it with a silencer, my god it's so much fun hunting people down this way.

It's really the fault of the maps, mostly. Maps are very claustrophobic overall, and you can get flanked from every direction. Also, tactical insertion means enemies can spawn anywhere.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
TheExodu5 said:
It's really the fault of the maps, mostly. Maps are very claustrophobic overall, and you can get flanked from every direction. Also, tactical insertion means enemies can spawn anywhere.

Pretty sure they are trying to simulate the chaos of "modern warfare". Some maps are just a disaster, though.

TheExodu5

Banned
commish said:
Pretty sure they are trying to simulate the chaos of "modern warfare". Some maps are just a disaster, though.

Yeah it's really bad for someone who likes the map design in Counter-Strike. Now, all the maps feel like a clusterfuck version of de_piranesi.

I still laugh at the fact that they said that the game wasn't balanced for lean. What a bunch of bullshit. The game is horribly balanced thanks to ridiculous long range weapon accuracy. They really should have given the guns way more recoil and bullet spread.

Weenerz said:
Once again, I must say the AC130 IS BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT!

haha, not when you're the one in the plane :)

Seriously though, use cold blooded and/or carry a stinger if it's bothering you; the AC130 is easily avoided or countered if you know what to do.

I've gotten many many many kills with the AC130, its a game changer fosho

4ubfkj.jpg
9atieb.png

You can run, James Lipton, but you cannot hide, sir!

"When you get to heaven, what weapon will GOD be wielding?"

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Re: Prestige mode - I'm not basing this on anything, but my hunch might be the few pages of titles that come AFTER the country flags might be reserved for prestige?

I've unlocked a billion titles that come before the flags, but haven't unlocked any on the pages after the flags...

Fake Edit: The awesome thing about titles is I earn so many without having any clue how I got them. I've been rocking "Dishes are Done" for a couple nights now :lol :lol

jedimike

chubigans said:
I really enjoy all the maps except for Estate (cabin on top of the hill). Holy crap do I hate that map so much. It's a really awesomely designed map in theory, but my gamer skillz must not be up to the challenge because I'm lucky if I get two kills there per game.

It's a nice break from the norm... I appreciate seeing estate in the rotation. It is good for just chilling with a sniper rifle. It doesn't come up more often for me than the other maps, but it is one of the few maps where I haven't seen anyone kill out on it. The timer always runs out first.

nib95

Banned
Need a huge favour from a fellow UK GAF'er. Could anyone with a UK eBay account by the cheapest 12 month XBL subscription for me that can be emailed to me (the code) within the next few hours? I'll forward on the money via PayPal to whomever buys it in return for the subscription code.

Btw, just completed the game. Brilliant campaign in the end, longer than expected (took me 7 hours). But I wasn't quite sure what the story was.
Who were the two sides fighting each other in the train graveyard and why? What did Shepard want, or want to achieve? I didn't quite understand his motives besides just knowing the fact that he betrayed us.

GDJustin said:
Re: Prestige mode - I'm not basing this on anything, but my hunch might be the few pages of titles that come AFTER the country flags might be reserved for prestige?

I've unlocked a billion titles that come before the flags, but haven't unlocked any on the pages after the flags...

Fake Edit: The awesome thing about titles is I earn so many without having any clue how I got them. I've been rocking "Dishes are Done" for a couple nights now :lol :lol
Yeah, some of those titles after the flags are earned by completely upgrading weapons, ie completing all of the challenges. In my first day with the game, I was able to earn the FAMAS title pretty easily. Love that weapon.

I've been saying for a while now that the maps are pretty bad overall. They turn the match into a complete mess. Way too many holes, doors, hallways, lines of sight, etc. Nice to see that others agree with me, and I'm not crazy.

J-Rzez

TheExodu5 said:
PC version.

YEEEAAAAAAAAH!

Hey, I was just throwing that in there for the console players. It's disgusting intrusive in those versions. But yeah, the guns are far too forgiving on recoil/spread/accuracy in this game. But that's what draws the crowds. :p

Ganhyun

Things I've noticed:

1. Alot more camping in MW2 than in MW1 multiplayer.

2. Estate: Teams basically fight for the green house. one team gets it and camps it, the other tries to take it and camp it themselves.

3. wasteland: Sniper's paradise with a bit of fighting in the middle bunker.

4. silencer on a sniper kills alot of the damage it normally does. Only sure kill is a headshot. Anything else is likely a 2/3hit kill with a silencer on depending on where you hit.

5. Why force users to put an ACOG on sniper to unlock all the sniper rifle equipment? IT destroys any advantage a sniper rifle has in the game.

6. skidrow: team that spawns on the side with the forklift has advantage if they camp back and hold the forklift room, taking out enemies who enter the middle room. 1 guy in back left can hold off the long tunnel. the rest cover the right side flank attempt. Putting a sentry gun here is win.

7. scrapyard: a really small map compared to the others. seems perfect for smg run and gun.

just some things ive noticed in games ive played.

panda21

Weenerz said:
Once again, I must say the AC130 IS BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT!

cold blooded

also, i could swear the rotation in MW1 was fucked, on sabotage there were some maps that almost never came up, and after they released the map pack it changed so that some of my favourites from the originals almost never came up.

i think it just always starts the rotation from the same place, and so maps near the end of the rotation only come up if a game stays up long enough without everyone quitting

cameltoe

Y2Kev said:
What's the best game type to rank up in?

S&D.....10 kills gets you roughly 5000 xp points....I was always in the 12,000 to 16,000 range each game. But they are all just XP points, they dont count towards your "score" in the leaderboards. But you do rank up quick

Mikey Jr.

Is it just me, or is ping on the PS3 version been shit lately? Like 2 bars type shit. Just wondering if its my router or PSN.

Weenerz

Banned
I have found my new gun and attachments and I love it.

Red dot sight, Heartbeat sensor, FAMAS, dead mofos. Love using it with the bigger matches, Ground War.

I say SABOTAGE for the score thing.

Yes, you may die. A LOT. But win or lose, you're bound to make a minimum of 3,000-5,000 points before challenges. At about level 21 I played about 3 matches and was up to 23.

Just stopped by my local GameStop to trade-in games for the God of War collection and witnessed (then assisted) an employee trying to warn potential MW2 PC buyers about the issues. Actually, the manager said he was personally boycotting the PC version :lol

Alas, one of the people stood around thinking long and hard before saying he wanted it anyway. Thats when I mentioned the "boycott MW2" group on Steam, most of which got the game anyway :p

First post in this thread, I sat down and completed the campaign last night. I have one question.

What the fuck did he mean "remember no russian?" Also when yur ACS module goes down, you should change your ACS code A.S.A.P...just sayin'

feel

Anerythristic said:
First post in this thread, I sat down and completed the campaign last night. I have one question.

What the fuck did he mean "remember no russian?" Also when yur ACS module goes down, you should change your ACS code A.S.A.P...just sayin'
They were all pretending to be americans in a russian airport.

DRE Fei

GDJustin said:

Damn, it doesn't seem worth it this time around either unless there's more stuff we don't know. The only problem I have with the whole prestige thing in this game is how long it takes to unlock ninja and cold blooded. This game is so much about camping that those 2 perks make a world of difference considering how strong the kill streak rewards are. The only bright side is that when I start over, the heartbeat sensor is pretty quick to unlock as long as I just focus on one gun.

Narag

Anerythristic said:

What the fuck did he mean "remember no russian?"

Any surveillance or survivors would've only heard English which lends credence to an American OP after finding the corpse or so I assume.

panda21

threw in semtex at a dude on the flag in the office in domination on high rise and charged in to see him coming flying through the air towards me in a shower of paper :lol this game is so awesome :lol

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Just wondering, why aren't my Trophies syncing since the launch of MW2? I've searched through the web, but no one seems to know the solution to the problem.

Also, are split-screen multiplayer ranks shared with the online multiplayer mode?

Top Bottom