• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Uhtred

I have a question. M16 silenced, red dot, stopping power or UAV jam?orry Im at work and can't remember the exact perk name. I kicked some butt last night using

M16 silenced red dot, stopping power, ninja. is there a better set up for this gun?

HQ is all I play.

Thanks for the input.

Huggers

Alright guys, I bought this based on not wanting to be left out, I didn't really play the first one. So I played the single player for an hour or so but didn't really enjoy it all that much so thought I'd give the multiplayer a bash. Long story short, I am fucking atrocious. Any tips for me? What gun or class should I start with? etc I am well out of my depth

whalesaver

Neo Member
UK people may be interested to know that they are about to discuss MW2 on Newsnight Late Review, which is a high brow intellectual arts review show, normally focused on literature, art house cinema etc.

No doubt they will focus on the sub Tom Clancy narrative and ultra violence whilst missing completely the more interesting story about the collaborative nature of multi-player entertainment, but it's still a sign of the growing relevance of video game culture.

Anyone a Hardcore only player? I was one in MW1 but this time it feels...
!!SUPER HC!!
Any tips?
Im using a sensor with a dot as well as Cold and Scram.
Would ninja be better?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
NIGHT- said:
How hard is veteran mode on this one compared to the other titles in the series?
this one is actually fair, so much easier

Chaplain

cameltoe said:
your opinion. I have both and believe the 720's sound better.

Theres a reason Tritton moved away from 4 tiny speakers in each ear.

If you call them and talk to their tech department they will tell you the AXPro's are better. Call them and ask them why that is.

Some of these Special Ops are seriously pissing me off.
No matter how cautious, etc. that I am, some random dude always seems to take me out. FFS.

57 Stars. Ugh.

For some reason the game started changing hosts and decided to just give up and kick us out of the game. Sucks since the match was almost over and I was "flawless" at the time.

:(

GDJustin said:
Re: Prestige mode - I'm not basing this on anything, but my hunch might be the few pages of titles that come AFTER the country flags might be reserved for prestige?

I've unlocked a billion titles that come before the flags, but haven't unlocked any on the pages after the flags...

Fake Edit: The awesome thing about titles is I earn so many without having any clue how I got them. I've been rocking "Dishes are Done" for a couple nights now :lol :lol

DUDE... me too! I'm pretty sure i got Dishes are Done by getting a payback with a claymore. My friend said he got it after a game where he earned that challenge.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Svpam said:

3294992650_839d848610_o.jpg

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Stoney Mason said:
I love ACOG's. They were useless to me in COD 4 but now they absolutely rock.
I felt the opposite after using it on my FAMAS. I'm not sure what's different but I'd rather use the holographic sight.

And after using Sleight Of Hand since launch, I got Bling and reloading is soooooo slow. :lol

cameltoe

Game Analyst said:
If you call them and talk to their tech department they will tell you the AXPro's are better. Call them and ask them why that is.

I did, they said its because they are 199.95. I said oh, cool Ill take 2! But you swear they are better? He again said yes! So it must be true..

You were right. They are better My bad.

NameGenerated said:
And after using Sleight Of Hand since launch, I got Bling and reloading is soooooo slow. :lol

I've recently started using sleight of hand myself. It's pretty awesome also. I don't have bling yet so I will have a tough decision to make down the road. ;)

Ganhyun

BigKaboom2 said:
I don't know if this is common knowledge but you can one-hit kill a sentry gun by knifing it. :lol

Yes, its really fun when you have the perk that makes you invisible to said sentry gun and u can go and take it out for your teammates with 1 knife. I do this alot in my games. :D

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I just can't seem to play good when on the afghan map. I'm totally useless on it. I do decently on wasteland but man, I'm really starting do dislike that one too :/

As far as the camping goes, yeah. I mean, often in COD4 you've got at least one or two guys camping, but here it seems like I've run in to entire teams just hiding away on one part of the map and sniping quite often in comparison.

Also, I wanna use the SMGs more but they seem so damn weak in comparison to the assault rifles, taking the accuracy and damage into consideration. I felt that it was much easier using the MP5 or mini-uzi and getting a good streak in COD4 than it is to get one with the UMP, for instance.

Ganhyun

ItsInMyVeins said:
I just can't seem to play good when on the afghan map. I'm totally useless on it. I do decently on wasteland but man, I'm really starting do dislike that one too :/

As far as the camping goes, yeah. I mean, often in COD4 you've got at least one or two guys camping, but here it seems like I've run in to entire teams just hiding away on one part of the map and sniping quite often in comparison.

Also, I wanna use the SMGs more but they seem so damn weak in comparison to the assault rifles, taking the accuracy and damage into consideration. I felt that it was much easier using the MP5 or mini-uzi and getting a good streak in COD4 than it is to get one with the UMP, for instance.

on Afghan, I've noticed that the side of the map with the bunkers built into the rocks (has the food plot behind on of them) is the side most people wish to camp on, as 1 guy in each bunker, 1 watching the rocks to the right, and the others floating to the plane/middle bunker can hold the other team at bay indefinitely if the players are halfway decent.

Barrett2

Strider2K99 said:
The SCAR-H is the new M16, in that everyone seems to be using it. At least from my experience.

Yep. SCAR-H with red dot sight is basically all I need. I try to use other stuff for Challenge experience, but I get destroyed.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I wish they would do an "All or Nothing" playlist where you only get XP by winning the match. There is just an inordinate number of people who simply don't give a fuck about winning. :lol

paranoidfortean said:
I've noticed this as well. Seems like people are content to hide behind dumpsters while I charge around like a maniac. :(

Definitely. MW2 maps make it VERY easy to camp. It's always been possible to camp of course, but the maps have never been so wide, so busy and complicated and tall than now. Every map is now designed for sniping and camping, basically. Which sucks.

Ovid

What do you guys think of tactical insertion? I love using it instead of grenades. In Domination, I place them near a flag that I'm about to cap. If I die, I'll respawn and shoot the fuckers in the back. It's such an asshole thing to do but I love it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just played on Wasteland for the first time...ugh. I didn't even use a sniper but I got a harrier from my carepackage, ended that match 18-3. :lol

sun-drop

just about finished this, did the plane grave yard misson which was a totaly blast.

so far uncharted2 is still easy GOTY for me, gfx are better in uncharted (i can't seriously belive that GT suggested only UC2 tops MW2 in gfx ..that has to be a joke ... hello KZ2), i'm a bit underwhelmed by the MW2 online maps after playing killzone2 .. just just seem small.

but the main thing that bugs me about MW2 is the story in the single player mode ... i watched an interview where the IW guys explained how they put togeather the 1ply campain ...basiclly they build the levels ..then towards the end of devlopment they throw togeather a story just to tie the levels togeather ...after swapping them around various times through out devlopment. and it TOTALLy feels like it too.

i'm watching those between level story catch up sections and err ... huh ... what just happened? just mildly better than giving us a page of text to read to catch up on there major plot points going on. really really weak.

Papercuts said:
Just played on Wasteland for the first time...ugh. I didn't even use a sniper but I got a harrier from my carepackage, ended that match 18-3. :lol

I dont care what anybody says. Care packages have broken the multiplayer.What you posted should not have possible. Along with a plethora of shitty maps I'm going to say MW2 online is a bust.

Top Bottom