• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
If i get thrown into a game that has ended and all i get to see is the score sreen does it count as a lose/win? Happens way too much. Also, the MM is fucking pathetic for such a huge game.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Ooh, neato. No more third person anything plz IW. There's barely over 2,000 people playing that playlist out of the hundreds of thousands playing now. :p

DRE Fei

NinjaFridge said:
If i get thrown into a game that has ended and all i get to see is the score sreen does it count as a lose/win? Happens way too much. Also, the MM is fucking pathetic for such a huge game.
Yeah they still haven't solved the problem of late-game joining that the last game had. Out of the 4 million or so people who bought this game so far, you'd think matchmaking would find an open lobby to put you in. Usually it works, but sometimes it's fucking retarded.

Nizz

NeoUltima said:
Finished my last mid-term yesterday, MW2 coming in the mail today...

/feelsgoodman
Nice! I just got the e-mail that my copy shipped today. Should be just a couple of more days.

Svpam said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpcO8x6NNY
Something's definitely not right here. Nobody should ever be that distraught from a game.
I'll have my episodes of ragin' during a game, but I'm not punching walls or crying...

This kid needs help...

Enosh

Kibbles said:
The hell is Team Deathmatch Express?
it says something in the line of "team deathmatch with less downtime during matches"
didn't actualy played it, just looked up what it means

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay, I think i had enough. Gonna be selling this for 40 shipped, PS3 version, if anyone is interested in the game and haven't bought it yet :) 100% of the problems I had with the first version are still present.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
IcebergSlim3000 said:
I dont care what anybody says. Care packages have broken the multiplayer.What you posted should not have possible. Along with a plethora of shitty maps I'm going to say MW2 online is a bust.

I haven't been a fan of the maps, yeah. Care packages are alright but it's only in certain moments they seem ridiculous. For the match I was in when that happened, another teammate got a legit harrier and got a bunch of kills off of it...during that time was when I earned the kills for the care pack and ran back to the corner of the map and see that I also got a harrier. Literally used it once his left. :lol

I was also a level 9 at the time, so I didn't have the killstreak even unlocked. I think it would be better if it picked one of the 3 you had, with a greater chance for UAV if you're winning and whatnot. Back to back harrier killstreaks when my team was winning in the first place is madness.

nib95

Banned
Sean said:
I got one, check your PM in a min…

edit: sent

love-heart.jpg

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I've hit a cross roads with my favorite class.

The class has the SCAR as the primary weapon with a heartbeat sensor & Red Dot
Bling
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro
Martyrdom

Now the problem is that I LOVE Scavenger Pro (and I need it with this class as I'm shooting pretty much all the time :p), but at the same time I really need my Red Dot and the heartbeat sensor is really useful for me and my teammates as I always tell them who's near them if they needed the assistance.

Not sure if I should go with Bling (Silencer & Heartbeat/Red Dot & Heartbeat) or JUST Red Dot or JUST Heartbeat with Scavenger Pro as Perk 1.

:(

wow. bullshit. the game threw a checkpoint seconds before enemies destroy something i'm trying to protect. i have literally no time to get myself back and kill them. the game basically screwed me over. i'm gonna have to restart this entire mission now.

jiien

fistfulofmetal said:
wow. bullshit. the game threw a checkpoint seconds before enemies destroy something i'm trying to protect. i have literally no time to get myself back and kill them. the game basically screwed me over. i'm gonna have to restart this entire mission now.

That level was bullshit. Played it on hardened, and my friendly did shit. Love his character, but the friendly AI in the game was worthless (whereas enemy AI was still stupid, but godly accurate, for some reason). In any case, I found that the only way to beat that part was to
[/spolier] But yeah, that level was awful. I finished the protecting part after maybe 10 tries (all from bullshit nonsense, and at least half from right after I tried picking the damn thing up, not getting a checkpoint to register, etc).

In my opinion, WaW's single player experience was better. Veteran was a bitch, but I didn't think it was as hard as people claim. All it took was patient grenade baiting and corner crawling, etc. In this however, I find I die from the slightest shit, and I guess because it's more "modern", enemies can shoot you from ridiculously far away, and kill with a few bullets. I only have a goddamn SD TV, and the only reason I can kill people from that far away is experience. If I was a new player to this genre/CoD in general, I'd be fucked. I'm shooting pixels.

Edit: Why won't my spoiler tags work : (

Accident

Playlist Descriptions:

Mosh Pit
Mixed bag of many game modes in one playlist.
Players: 8-12

—

3rd Person Team Tactical
Third person perspective with Team Deathmatch, Domination, Capture the Flag, and Demolition.
Players: 6-8

—

Team Deathmatch Express

Team Deathmatch with shorter time between matches. Jump in with your TDM class prepared.
Players: 8-12

I still can't login to PSN :(

I bought the game a few days ago and finally got the time to play. ITS ONLY FRENCH. Whats up with that? Theres absolutely no indication on the packaging that its only in french. Yea i like in montreal, but what the hell. Even the package was in english.

Raxus

Enosh said:
tried it
team deathmatch express has 18 seconds downtime during matches vs the usual one of 60
I would like this if it wasn't for the fact that IW put in so little custom classes. intermissions are a scramble for me to adjust my classes :lol .

kamspy

FUCK THE MOTHERFUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

CHANGE THE NAME TO "CAMP FOR THE TACTICAL NUKE OF DUTY 2"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

9/10 times I get killed it's by some nuke fiending FUCK who's camped in the most obscure part of the map possible.

I'm not ranked up high enough to know.... Do the hardcore modes do away with kill streaks?!?!??!?!!

jiien

Raxus said:
No, and what the hell are you playing that people get to nuke you so easily?

Agreed. Highest I've ever actually encountered in game is the AC-130. And it was a friend (one of a group that I pretty much always play with in TDM) that got it. I've gotten a 19 killstreak, but never once thought it worth it to unlock something that high that will rarely ever get used.

You guys would have to sit together in a room huddled, or walk around looking at the ground to let someone get a 25 killstreak. There is a reason why it's game ending; you were going to lose anyway.

Edit: also, if it's in some obscure part of the map, how the hell is s/he getting kills?

Facism

panda21 said:
oh wow and i thought shooting down the UAVs was fun, now i can shoot down everything :lol stinger <3

seriously

some guy typed HAHAHA CHOPPAH TIME!!! when he had that big fuckin chopper thing coming in.

3 seconds later i shot it down and he followed up with a "...," after getting zero kills cos it went down as soon as it got into the map

:lol

Raxus

panda21 said:
oh wow and i thought shooting down the UAVs was fun, now i can shoot down everything :lol stinger <3
Even my fucking stealth class uses that missile. It is awesome and it scores you lots of bonus points. Too bad it doesn't do shit to AC-130's.

Raxus

Facism said:
seriously

some guy typed HAHAHA CHOPPAH TIME!!! when he had that big fuckin chopper thing coming in.

3 seconds later i shot it down and he followed up with a "...," after getting zero kills cos it went down as soon as it got into the map

:lol
While I never got to hear the poor guy scream I shot down an attack chopper AS soon as it showed itself from the horizon. Never even got a shot off.

Didn't see my question answered so I'll ask it again.

Can you unlock all the killstreak rewards?

I want to do so but they only let you unlock a new one every 10 levels or so. If the max is 70, there's no way I will get to unlock them all, unless you can do so with prestige. Unless of course prestige then takes you back to square one with the killstreak rewards as well.

Anyone know?

kamspy

Raxus said:
No, and what the hell are you playing that people get to nuke you so easily?

They don't. Haven't seen a nuke yet. That's why 110% of the players online are just camping to set their first one off. At least that's what it seems like.

I really really really like the general gameplay mechanics. Favorite FPS 'feel', but people are just nuts with the camping.

Maybe it's just a 'first weekend' anomaly. Hopefully. I really want the MP to live up to what it could be, but it seems like all anyone is going for is a killstreak.

Hopefully the shit tapers off. I don't want to strategize my entire gameplan around avoiding campers.

jiien said:
Edit: also, if it's in some obscure part of the map, how the hell is s/he getting kills?

Patience I'm assuming. Judging from the killcams they are keeping their red dot on a door way with no intention of ever moving.

Again, I'm not trolling the game. Game is good. Great even. I'm just trolling the people I've played with today. Whole different vibe than I was getting all week. Maybe I need to blaze before I play. I guess that's the only difference on my end.

Gonna roll an L and see if it improves my camper spotting ability.

Raxus

kamspy said:
They don't. Haven't seen a nuke yet. That's why 110% of the players online are just camping to set their first one off. At least that's what it seems like.

I really really really like the general gameplay mechanics. Favorite FPS 'feel', but people are just nuts with the camping.

Maybe it's just a 'first weekend' anomaly. Hopefully. I really want the MP to live up to what it could be, but it seems like all anyone is going for is a killstreak.

Hopefully the shit tapers off. I don't want to strategize my entire gameplan around avoiding campers.
If you have trouble with campers let me make a few recommendations.
1)Use the Scavenger perk.
2)Use a stun grenade around corners.
3)Hit somebody?
4)FRAG!
5)Scavenge the corpse for an extra Stun and Frag
6)Rinse and repeat.

panda21

is this an XBL thing? i've not really noticed excessive camping on the PSN. not sure i've even seen anyone get the AC130 by an actual kill streak, although i've got loads from care packages with hardline (you get like 3/4 care packages per game..), think the biggest i got was an EMP from a care package, and someone on the other team set one off once. the EMP makes your vision go all blurry if you are on the other team, its really annoying..

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
NeoUltima said:
So just did the training course(1st playthrough)...Recommended: Veteran...

No thank you.

Do it! It's fun and challenging. This was the first COD game I beat on Veteran (first play through) and it felt great (I did beat QoS on Vet but whatever).

Top Bottom