• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
HOOOLY SHIT THE FAL!

I was using the M4A1 exclusively and finally got the Mastery Challenge completed and decided I'd try out the FAL. Amazing stats, but it's semi-auto? Sure!

My K/D ratio has much more consistent.

Pretty sure it's because the gun forces me to take my time a bit more, and between shots I can actually see where the target is moving and trace them better.

Loving it.

Ganhyun

I dont have the nuke unlocked yet as a killstreak, but i have been 1 kill away from unlocking it 8 times now in team deathmatch myself if i did have it unlocked. But yea, cold blooded and ninja are your best friends as well as scavenger to deal with campers. Also, randomly placed claymores in doorways are useful to deter the camping a bit in odd buildings as well. I've gotten last match kills that way with the guy yelling obscenities due to my claymore killing him :lol :lol

Risette

A Good Citizen
How do I
jump on the helicopter that Nikolai pilots?

I swear if I hear "jump for it!!!!" again I'm going to be very mad.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Fyrus said:
How do I

I just sprinted and pressed X (PS3). Got it first try, lol?

Hyunkel6

Fyrus said:
How do I

IIRC, there's a glowing yellow spot at the extreme end of the roof. Jump when you are on top of it.

bdouble

panda21 said:
is this an XBL thing? i've not really noticed excessive camping on the PSN. not sure i've even seen anyone get the AC130 by an actual kill streak, although i've got loads from care packages with hardline (you get like 3/4 care packages per game..), think the biggest i got was an EMP from a care package, and someone on the other team set one off once. the EMP makes your vision go all blurry if you are on the other team, its really annoying..
I haven't noticed it either. I've seen a few AC's and a bunch of helis/harriers (that I gladly shoot down) but really no problem with camping. and with something like kill cam it shouldn't be a problem. Find a way up to them and knife em.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I got it. Dunno if it was the right yellow thing, but I saw some small bright yellow crate and hit A right when I ran on top of it. Thanks dude who mentioned it. :D

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I didn't like Derail at first, but I've come around to it. Still hate Quarry, though.

I fucking love the semtex grenades. I generally suck at this game, but I get both of the accolades for most grenade/semtex kills almost every match. It's so much more satisfying to get 'nade kills in this game, seeing as how you only have one per life.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Cerrius said:
Just unlocked the M16. So gooood.

nice, I'm only 1 1/2 lvls away. Although, I'm really liking the SCAR right now as my go to gun.

Maps are starting to grow on me now, although there are a few I can't stand--mainly Estate and Wasteland. Fuck that shit and the camping bitches, but getting a harrier strike on Wasteland is awesome since it's so wide open. Still think that the maps are much better in MW1 overall.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
purg3 said:
nice, I'm only 1 1/2 lvls away. Although, I'm really liking the SCAR right now as my go to gun.

Maps are starting to grow on me now, although there are a few I can't stand--mainly Estate and Wasteland. Fuck that shit and the camping bitches, but getting a harrier strike on Wasteland is awesome since it's so wide open. Still think that the maps are much better in MW1 overall.

I despise Estate

diehard

Fleer
Does anyone know if the chopper gunner counts as your killstreak to a nuke? i could have had it 6 games in a row if it does but i dont want to spend that unlock if not.

Ganhyun

diehard said:
Does anyone know if the chopper gunner counts as your killstreak to a nuke? i could have had it 6 games in a row if it does but i dont want to spend that unlock if not.

from my understanding, the only kills that do not count are care package kills where u steal the other team's or take someone else's package. SOmeone feel free to correct me if im wrong about that though.

So I just beat the campaign. It picked up in Act 3, but all in all it was a very lackluster campaign. The America missions where probably the my least favorite ones, but the 141 mission where usually pretty good, if frustrating at parts.

What was the point of the ISS blowing up? Just because it looked cool? The only thing it accomplished is making me hate Price for killing all those poor astronauts. :(

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
bdouble said:
I haven't noticed it either. I've seen a few AC's and a bunch of helis/harriers (that I gladly shoot down) but really no problem with camping. and with something like kill cam it shouldn't be a problem. Find a way up to them and knife em.

I don't see how people cry so much about campers in this game. Imho they've done a fantastic job with the maps making every position have a multitude of routes to get there. If you run across a guy sitting in a corner... use the other door, flash/stun him and shoot him in the face. Not that difficult.

I've actually had trouble with people that do the exact opposite. People that use Marathon/Lightweight or Cold Blooded/Scrambler or Ninja and Dash around the map into every back alley and either knife you or smg you down as they bolt by. It's ridiculous. :lol

Kibbles

diehard said:
As long as it's a part of your killstreaks and not from a care package, then yes, it counts.

DarkJC

diehard said:

It does. Anything you are actually controlling that results in kills counts towards your streak, so the gunner and AC130 count. What don't count are the "automatic" rewards, like the assault helicopter or harrier jet, etc.

Kibbles

DarkJC said:
It does. Anything you are actually controlling that results in kills counts towards your streak, so the gunner and AC130 count. What don't count are the "automatic" rewards, like the assault helicopter or harrier jet, etc.
Assault Helicopter counts for me. They all have to be within the life you sent them in, or they don't count. I believe I heard the sentry gun doesn't count.

KGKK

Banned
Decided to buy it. Played up to Day 4 for Ramirez. Did one game of multi, got massacred:(
2-7. I did level up to level 2 though:D I have to get used to this fast twitch gameplay, last online FPS I played extensively is KZ2 which is more tactical and slow. I would spot people first, start shooting, they turn around and kill me much faster. Hmph.

Kibbles

Fucking Juggernaut is even worse than it was before. 3 shots with an M16 to the guy and the somehow I die from a long range SCAR? :lol The more I play this game, the more I'm starting to hate it.

DoomGyver

Anyone want to party up? (PS3)? I'm in the midwest so midwest/east coast people add me.

PSN is Full-Recovery

I'll be back on at 11est I'm just tired of playing with randoms and people far away. I think if we got a few people together we'd get a solid connection going all night.

mik

mik is unbeatable
This is my personal Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 photo blog (it really tells you everything you need to know--without spoilers!)

66jm2c.jpg

1415gro.jpg

2d7akxj.jpg

t7ycy0.jpg

See you in Moscow, 2012!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
God damn. This can be so fun when you do well, but the low points hit you so much harder because of the bullshit here. No, joining a TDM in wasteland where after one person gets 4 kills he gets a harriet isn't fun. It's much worse when 3-4 of the other team all get carepacks because of it, constantly having a harrier and chopper storming the field spawn raping you. What a shitfest of a map.

Even worse was in Estate. Just started the game, and once again it doesn't take long for a harrier to come in. They're all camping in the building and thus the harrier kills a lot of people. Then I respawn multiple times right into shit like a predator missile where there is literally no chance for me to get away. I try to swap out to a rocket right when I spawn but get gunned down immediately before it can get shot off. That game literally ended 7500-1800, and then I heard the typical people that went 28-2 go on about how awesome they did even though the killstreaks did 90% of it.

It's also harder for me to learn maps than ever before when the rader gets blocked constantly. Yes, I love not seeing the map for half the match the first time I play on a map like Favela and can't tell where the hell I'm going. :\

I just want Cold Blooded so I can most of that BS, it suits my normal playstyle anyway. It seems like it takes a lot longer for a starting player to actually get good stuff, I never felt it this badly in MW1 or WaW.

JaseMath

Does it bother anyone else that Free For All cycles the same 4 maps?! Jesus fuck, c'mon! That's like the only thing I play online.

Okay, I just unlocked Bling and I can't decide if I like it. If I got with bling, I need to get rid of Sleight of Hand, so I need to carry a sidearm that isn't a rocket launcher.

Anyone else have thoughts on Bling+Sidearm vs. Sleight of Hand+Rocket?

Magik

Fuck IW for having challenges for Grenade Launchers. I see far more people using Grenade launchers than I ever did in CoD4.

Sushen

Hellsing321 said:
So I just beat the campaign. It picked up in Act 3, but all in all it was a very lackluster campaign. The America missions where probably the my least favorite ones, but the 141 mission where usually pretty good, if frustrating at parts.
I didn't like the American mission much at all.
The one in Act 2 that made me run around burger shop and banks and stuffs were pretty lame at best

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Magik said:
Fuck IW for having challenges for Grenade Launchers. I see far more people using Grenade launchers than I ever did in CoD4.

I thought they also had challenges for it there?

fistfulofmetal said:
the story line doesn't make any sense. none of the actions the characters make have any logic.

Yeah, the story is disjointed as fuck. You can really tell they made the levels and based the story to connect thing instead of having it laid out beforehand.

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Okay, I just unlocked Bling and I can't decide if I like it. If I got with bling, I need to get rid of Sleight of Hand, so I need to carry a sidearm that isn't a rocket launcher.

Anyone else have thoughts on Bling+Sidearm vs. Sleight of Hand+Rocket?
Why do you need to use Slight of Hand with a rocket launcher anyway? You're not going to need to fire of 2 shots that quick.

buy teh haloz said:
Why do you need to use Slight of Hand with a rocket launcher anyway? You're not going to need to fire of 2 shots that quick.

Err. Sleight of Hand so I don't have to switch to sidearm when my mag is empty.

Edit: Also, I automatically think less of people with the "Joint Ops" signature.
and I've been known to consume cannabis once or twice

Magik

Papercuts said:
I thought they also had challenges for it there?

They did, but not to the extent you see in MW2.

I think any gun that is able to use a Grenade Launcher has a challenge for it where as in CoD4 it was a global challenge.

Top Bottom