• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Net_Wrecker said:
The ONLY map I love here is probably Terminal. That map is a good time. Everything else can die. I instantly loved at least 5 maps in CoD4, but these are pretty meh overall. So much camping, and basically no hotspots. Everything feels random.

Submarine Base is great!

Worst map by far is Wasteland. Just sucks.

alba

Little is the new Big
The best way to do this is to offer free DLC for all platforms which is basically all CoD4 maps ported to MW2. That'd help a lot because except for Favela and Terminal, I hate all the maps... pretty much :(

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
_Alkaline_ said:
There's a difference between camping and finding a good position though.

If someone gets higher ground or finds a clever spot that gives him an advantage, that's fine. They found the spot, they deserve to reap the rewards.

If someone sits in a dark corner though, that's just shit. That said, the people who do this are almost always easy to kill straight after since they foolishly tend to stay in the same location every single time.
That's the problem with Wasteland, it's one giant map with dozens of camping spots. When the underground area is cluttered and you want to backdoor and flank, you have to run alllllll the way around long lines of bushes to get there. So you have all these snipers just sitting out there all map long waiting for that one perfect shot. Are these players skilled? Hell no. Absolute trash.

I really like most of the new maps though. Lots of action, and very few annoyances.

alba said:
The best way to do this is to offer free DLC for all platforms which is basically all CoD4 maps ported to MW2. That'd help a lot because except for Favela and Terminal, I hate all the maps... pretty much :(
:lol

Weenerz

Banned
Highrise is probably my most favorite map, with Terminal being a close second.

I'd gladly pay $10 for DLC if it included all of the CoD4 maps.

Mutagenic said:
That's the problem with Wasteland, it's one giant map with dozens of camping spots. When the underground area is cluttered and you want to backdoor and flank, you have to run alllllll the way around long lines of bushes to get there. So you have all these snipers just sitting out there all map long waiting for that one perfect shot. Are these players skilled? Hell no. Absolute trash.

I really like most of the new maps though. Lots of action, and very few annoyances.

True. I guess it depends on what you consider skilled or not.

When I'm playing Wasteland, I'll stay low in the grass with a heartbeat sensor or sometimes a thermal sniper, shooting the snipers that I see running in the distance whilst surprising people running through the grass by appearing right before them and stabbing them or giving them a few silenced bullets. I don't stick to the outside much. Usually I'm in the middle-to-outside areas of both sides. Not a huge fan of the houses.

If people are having a trouble with the snipers on the map, most of them tend to stay on the outside borders. Few have the balls to get in the more inner parts. Sneak around the outside with maybe a heartbeat sensor and you should be able to pick them off nicely. That, or just stay around the underground parts. I tend to avoid these though, they can be hectic as shit and unless you're well-placed and have a few guys backing you up, you'll probably end up being stunned/flashed + killed.

There's not too many maps like Wasteland though. I like it because it's a fresh breath of air from stuff like Scrapyard, Terminal, Highrise, etc which are pretty action-packed. It forces you to change your usual style a bit but I don't think there's much wrong with that. Just create a class specifically for maps like Wasteland and Derail if it's against your usual tactics.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
akachan ningen said:
I don't know why but Highrise almost never comes up when I play. I've only gotten it once and yet I get Favela and Terminal like 20 times a day.
I rarely ever get Terminal. I'm level 29 and have only played there maybe 4 times. Quarry or Favela are the most frequent ones for me. Quarry is alright and I like Favela quite a bit.

Enosh

out of the maps so far I like sub base, terminal, highrise and invasion

oh and every time I get a new AR it's like christmass to me, using the M16 now^^

NeoUltima

So how many of you actually (3rd mission spoilers)
killed civilians? I didn't. I even avoided killing any of the security too until I had to. I actually found it difficult to pull the trigger. It's all about tone. GTA I got no problems killing civilians cause its comical, but this was serious.

mcrae

what i want to know is, if you're complaining about any, (or all, lol) maps, what is your k/d ratio on said map(s)?

cause really, im enjoying these maps. there is a notable lack of chokepoints, which in my opinion is a vast improvement. the factors which you all seem to hate - bigness, lots of routes, no real sense of side vs side... these things contribute to run n gun.

and snipers? please, other than wasteland/quarry, theres NEVER more than 1 sniper per game. and even on wasteland theres but 3-4... and it doesn't result in deadlocks either, just gotta get out that thermal vision and not suck at playing lol.

bah. i feel like an old man.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
NeoUltima said:
killed civilians? I didn't. I even avoided killing any of the security too until I had to. I actually found it difficult to pull the trigger. It's all about tone. GTA I got no problems killing civilians cause its comical, but this was serious.
When they first opened fire I was like "Whoa....", then I joined in. I guess I'm just in asshole because I was killing as many as possible.

MMaRsu

Hehe just won a couple of games... I'm still at this game yet I've barely played it. Guess I'm just better then some people :p.

I put GAF as my clantag, is that okay? :p

alba said:
As long as it was a seperate playlist. Don't get me wrong - I'd love to revisit some COD4 maps with the new killstreaks etc - but after two years I kinda want to experience the new maps majority of the time.

For those who finished the game.....
Anyone else disappointed there isn't a Mile High Club type mission at the end of the game as in COD4?

Not a story-related spoiler but nevertheless, and yes, I'm bummed about it.
The game was a fun ride though. Also, does everyone's campaign say 86.7% completed after they are finished? That's going to drive me crazy if I can't ever get it to say 100%. Is it because I'm missing achievements from the SP? I completed it on Veteran, but I'm missing the pit, intel, chickens, and C4 achievements.

neoism

From fourzerotwo's Twitter:

Quote:
New Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer playlists added on all platforms. Mosh Pit, 3rd Person Team Tactical, and Team Deathmatch Express! #MW2
:D :D

Finds out it's 3rd person.... :/

Spriig

Banned
neoism said:

Quote:

Seriously wtf. What is the reasoning behind REMOVING team tactical. Everyone bitches about it not being in there so they put it back in but force third person, Jesus.

neoism said:

Quote:

Not bad.

Played MP for 6-7 hours straight last night. Soo good. Starting to understand the maps more which is increasing my enjoyment of them.

The reward feedback loop for unlocking things is criminally addictive.

Dabanton

buy teh haloz said:
Huh. I never knew so many people hated Wasteland.

Wasteland is alright it just calls for a change in tactics becasue it's so open. Either long distance sniping which may not work as everyone fights around the two tunnel entrances which means the sniper has to get closer to the action leaving himself vulnerable.

Or and run a gun loadout that always works a bit better.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Dabanton said:
Wasteland is alright it just calls for a change in tactics becasue it's so open. Either long distance sniping which may not work as everyone fights around the two tunnel entrances which means the sniper has to get closer to the action leaving himself vulnerable.

Or and run a gun loadout that always works a bit better.

i despise wasteland others i enjoy all the other maps

panda21

i really like wasteland :( its not its fault everyone goes nuts for dat bunkass

some with the plane in terminal, if one team gets in it the others just go nuts trying to get them out

AeroGod said:
Has anyone run into the Riot Shield/ Stun Grenade/ Throwing Knife combo craze yet? I hardly ever saw anyone use the shield as their primary form of killing and two days ago my brother was like "Well what the hell, im going to try it" We played for like 6 hours perfecting and tweaking the load-out and tho we didnt always top the matched we found the combo to be incredibly annoying to the enemy so much that we would be routinely called out and swore out by frustated people and our "Cheap shit tactics". It made the game 100 times more fun for some reason:lol Some people would even turn and run when they saw us coming at them with the shield. Hilarious. In a game that is primarily about people running into the fray and shooting shit up not really caring if they die, seeing them run in fear from the bitch behind the shield and then getting a throwing knife in the back was HUGELY ENTERTAINING

Now, 2 days later every game i play seems to have atleast 1 or 2 people doing it. Getting killed by the riot shield is like the ultimate humiliation

I started using it a couple days ago too (I even posted my build for it here in this thread :D). Never saw a riot shield before I started using it, now I'm seeing them all the time. :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
Mik2121 said:
Woo.. just got my first 30 streak kill (31 actually)!!. Too bad I didn't have the nuke :(

what killstreaks did u use?
just wondering what the best combo would be if i ever actually have a shot at getting a nuke :lol

Mik2121

My killstreak rewards are:

- Care Package (you can get some really nice stuff there, and it only takes 4 kills)

- Predator Missile (not only you can get some combos, but you also get to locate all your enemies, so if you have good memory and know the level, you can get an idea of where everybody is)

- Helicopter (I think it stays longer than before? dunno)

Anyway, I have yet to unlock some better stuff, but until then this is working very well. My weapon/perk set fits my gameplay as well, so it's perfect!.

For the 31 killstreak, it went something like this:
- Game starts
- I kill 4 people
- Care package is available
- Before using it, I kill another guy and use the Predator Missile killing 2 guys
- I use the Care Package and get a helicopter
- I use the helicopter
- The helicopter kills about 5 guys and I unlock my own helicopter
- I call my own helicopter and meanwhile kill more people
- Kill some other guys and reach 30 kills
- I kill another guy about 10 seconds before the game finishes
- I see 4 guys running my way, I'm about to shoot but I had to reload
- I die :(

So yeah, I ended up 31-1. Stupid reloading.. :(

Yea I'm loving the progression of the weapon system. You get a really good gun the FAMAS off the start and I thought it was the shit (similar to the BR in Halo with the 3 round burst)

Then I got the SCAR and then the TAR and now I'm rocking shit with the FAL and I imagine as soon as I unlock the M16 I will be like YES this is THE GUN!

Talon

NeoUltima said:
I avoided shooting at anything until the section where security started shooting back right before the elevator setpiece. It just made me uncomfortable to shoot at civilians, and I think the scene actually was effective commentary on interactive storytelling. Having you actually pull the trigger is such a different experience than watching it happen.

At he same time, I wondered during the scene if I'd be found out because I hadn't been shooting, but you're caught no matter what. It would've been far more interesting if you'd be caught if you weren't shooting/not caught if you did shoot, but it was, of course, a necessary story piece.

uuughhhhhhhhhhh way to fuck up a great game infinity ward you arrogant motherfuckers. maybe next time you can just use treyarch's locale search instead of being too proud and failing miserably at developing your own matchmaking system.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
there matchmaking system has been super-fast and super-efficient for me, granted I usually only play during peak-hours for my region.
McBacon said:
Was Mosh Pit and TD Express always in this game, or did they just add that?
yep. and third-person team tactical

Rez said:
there matchmaking system has been super-fast and super-efficient for me, granted I usually only play during peak-hours for my region.

yep. and third-person team tactical

Well I'm Australian like you and it was working fine for me at launch before most Americans got the game, but now I have to quit ten games before I can find anything worth playing, and even then it only lasts for a match or two and the host migration fails or something annoying like that. Seriously, I have 82 losses on my profile as of this post and I'd say around 15 of them are legitimate losses.

Magik

IW really needs to implement some sort of mode where killstreaks are disabled in the next MW. Seeing Helicopters, Harriers etc over and over gets really annoying at times.

ruxtpin

Banned
Mik2121 said:
For the 31 killstreak, it went something like this:
- Game starts
- I kill 4 people
- Care package is available
- Before using it, I kill another guy and use the Predator Missile killing 2 guys
- I use the Care Package and get a helicopter
- I use the helicopter
- The helicopter kills about 5 guys and I unlock my own helicopter
- I call my own helicopter and meanwhile kill more people
- Kill some other guys and reach 30 kills
- I kill another guy about 10 seconds before the game finishes
- I see 4 guys running my way, I'm about to shoot but I had to reload
- I die :(

So yeah, I ended up 31-1. Stupid reloading.. :(

/envy

I managed to get a Pavelow and an AC-130 gunship the other day from care packages. Those two things right there can significantly increase your kill count. And using the AC-130 is downright harsh on the other team; the game turns in to a shooting gallery. XD

Weenerz

Banned
I use UAV, Predator Missile and Harrier Airstrike for my 3 killstreaks. Works well, since I use the perk that shortens all killstreaks by 1, so 4 kills easily turns into 10 when all is said and done.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Snipers on Wasteland are so stupid. It's like, okay, let's all hide around the perimeter of the level and kill anyone who comes outside. So it's one group sitting in the bunker, and one group sniping. Very fun indeed. -_-

Playing the game to get easy kills by doing this is annoying. What about just playing 'fair' and having fun? It surely can't be fun to sit around with a thermal scope in the bushes trying to find someone and sniping them. Sigh.

AC130 is a game changer. I've been getting it a lot, playing very methodically for the early game, always using a silencer, holding back, etc. Anytime the AC130 comes out, it's almost a guaranteed win.

Sometimes our team will coordinate to have all of our machines in the skies at once. We've had two harriers and an AC130 up at once. Enemy team just gets decimated, it's completely awesome.

Also, no love for Rundown in this thread? Best map in the game!!

DMeisterJ

Banned
MrCompletely said:
AC130 is a game changer. I've been getting it a lot, playing very methodically for the early game, always using a silencer, holding back, etc. Anytime the AC130 comes out, it's almost a guaranteed win.

Sometimes our team will coordinate to have all of our machines in the skies at once. We've had two harriers and an AC130 up at once. Enemy team just gets decimated, it's completely awesome.

Also, no love for Rundown in this thread? Best map in the game!!

I have a class specifically made for those things.

It's called 'Kill Air Support' and consists of a stinger and cold blooded and enemy aircrafts only ever get one kill on me (and that's so I can change classes). I used to hate them, but I love those things now. I'm the hero for killing those shits alot, lol.

LowParry

So what's the dmg difference between the FMJ add on to a weapon vs Stopping Power Pro? Or is just the ability to shoot through walls only?

WrikaWrek

Banned
The single player in COD4 was much more well rounded, was better as a whole, and it opened and ended much better.

COD MW2 only gets it going halfway through, and the ending was sorta not so great as the previous.

Hey guys, I have the PC version. (Yes, I know, I'm a heathen, etc. etc.).

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the prone command activate when holding the crouch button, similar to the consoles? The only thing I see is mapping them to separate buttons, which is confusing to me.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Honestly Brecourt, aka Wastelands is a good map but only for objective mode games like Headquarters CTF and Domination. Straight TDM or Search or FFA its pure sniper haven,you'll have to go thermal and set up your tent.

That Mosh pit setting is great fun tho, Every map it changes 8-12player game modes so it keeps em all fresh and we weren't getting bored playing TDM or Search over and over.
They need to make a HC Mosh Pit and i would be a happy man.

Top Bottom