• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

charsace

Quarry is the worst map in the game and exemplifies what I hate about the multiplayer. So many damn spots for guys to sit with the heart rate monitor and camp. All the uneven rocks cause even more camping. Can't stand it.

DRE Fei

Ok, I'm finally starting to see the truth about this SCAR H business. I've been hating on it because of the lacking ammo, but that shit RAPES with scavenger pro and stopping power.

Alucrid

Banned
I just got the game, haven't played it yet, but let me say that it has the shittiest manual and case ever. More than likely everyone will see my complaint as stupid, but still, they could've tried a little to make the manual colorful, hell even a black and white one with pictures and designs and whatnot would have sufficed. I don't even know why they cut out some plastic in the case either, makes it feel shoddy.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Shoot their feet. If they are using the shield they are probably a shitty player anyways.
AHAHAHAHHA no.

I'm always second-third on the leaderboards with my shield and get 5-10 kills a match with it.

I love having someone shooting me, then I back up as they charge at me...then they enter a room where all my teammates are. It's a perfect decoy weapon to rack up the assists. Plus its the only way to take on a sentry gun head on.

Riot shield is the best new addition to the game IMO.

charsace said:
Quarry is the worst map in the game and exemplifies what I hate about the multiplayer. So many damn spots for guys to sit with the heart rate monitor and camp. All the uneven rocks cause even more camping. Can't stand it.

Without the heart beat monitor I was constantly around .500 for kills/deaths. With it, I've constantly getting double kills vs. deaths. :lol

Quarry is a pain as well. It is a campers heaven.

Got the same complaint for MW2's campaign that I had for COD4: the American chapters stink, the SAS (or whatever their equivalent is in MW2) levels are fantastic. And they really have fixed the many gripes I've had over the years when playing on Veteran: I have rarely noticed infinite spawn points & grenade spamming has been drastically cut down.

Hixx

Grenade spamming has gone down, but the enemies can now cook their grenades to perfection. Died a fair few times when the grenade has just bounced into view and immediately gone off. Grenade deaths are much rarer but they still feel pretty cheap.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
What's wrong with campers? You get killed by one, you know exactly where they are, and you use the map's many junctures to flank them and take em out. Done.

I love almost all the maps because they're so easy to flank people on and you never really feel like you had a cheap death. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
does the perk that blocks you on radar also block you on heart sensors?

also, any list of what all the upgraded perks are?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I am getting pissed off with the SCAR + thermal. I can see people pretty far away now but the recoil and accuracy are shit. I don't want a sniper though. :\

op_ivy

Y2Kev said:
I am getting pissed off with the SCAR + thermal. I can see people pretty far away now but the recoil and accuracy are shit. I don't want a sniper though. :\

FAMAS?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
chubigans said:
What's wrong with campers? You get killed by one, you know exactly where they are, and you use the map's many junctures to flank them and take em out. Done.

I love almost all the maps because they're so easy to flank people on and you never really feel like you had a cheap death. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Most maps are too convoluted to easy get back to where that camper was without running into 5 other enemies.

It's really getting frustrating seeing your teammates run AWAY from capture points in Domination. "You're losing C!" Then you see 2 guys booking it away from C, or, even worse, just remaining in their camping spot, 10 feet from C.

And I don't know how you guys can play CTF. 95% of my team was just camping, I mean, defending, our flag the entire time. 0-0. Next game... 0-0. The few times I was able to get the other team's flag required me to go on an amazing (lucky) killstreak.

op_ivy

buy teh haloz said:
Nope. Only the Ninja perk does that.

ninja upgraded, or standard? seems like a must as more and more people unlock the heart sensor :/

eshwaaz

Alucrid said:
I just got the game, haven't played it yet, but let me say that it has the shittiest manual and case ever. More than likely everyone will see my complaint as stupid, but still, they could've tried a little to make the manual colorful, hell even a black and white one with pictures and designs and whatnot would have sufficed. I don't even know why they cut out some plastic in the case either, makes it feel shoddy.

I don't think it's a stupid complaint at all - the manual is offensively cheap. The biggest release of the year from the world's largest third party publisher, and yet they cut every possible corner on the manual. It's nothing more than a black and white, text-only pamphlet with no art, no design, no screenshots - for the explanation of the HUD, they use a laughably simplistic line drawing that looks like it was done by an intern. Activision is really earning the hate they get at every opportunity.

Violater

I do not like the fact that my sentry killstreak has to be brought in and can be stolen, most of the time by my damn team mates.

J-Rzez

Y2Kev said:

Try the FAL then the M16 when you get it. Pending on map, I use Thermal, Silencer, Cold Blooded Pro with throwing knives. Like shooting fish in a barrel since the AR's are once again ridiculous in this game. Then again, I got sniped from basically across the map by the P90 before, so I don't believe the stats mean shit in this game.

Glad to see more people bitching about how horrid the majority of the maps are. Terrible map design. They should've invested much much more time in that.

zewone

Bumblebeetuna said:
Winning the game with the nuke doesn't earn you any points, emblems or titles whatsoever :\
Yes, it does. You have to have the challenges unlocked, and you have to do it more than once.

jonremedy

DRE Fei said:
Ok, I'm finally starting to see the truth about this SCAR H business. I've been hating on it because of the lacking ammo, but that shit RAPES with scavenger pro and stopping power.

What attachment do you use? I use FMJ, but I've been thinking about changing back to Red dot or holographic because the iron sights are starting to piss me off.

Kibbles

So
they never explained how Captain Price made it alive eh? I mean, I expected he was the prisoner all along, but I was interested in hearing how they would explain his comeback, especially since he was in good hands at the end of CoD4

Kibbles

HixxSAFC said:
Grenade spamming has gone down, but the enemies can now cook their grenades to perfection. Died a fair few times when the grenade has just bounced into view and immediately gone off. Grenade deaths are much rarer but they still feel pretty cheap.
Semtex's feel impossible to escape. Someone throws it near me, I shoot them down, try to run away and boom. I'm dead.

DRE Fei

jonremedy said:
What attachment do you use? I use FMJ, but I've been thinking about changing back to Red dot or holographic because the iron sights are starting to piss me off.
Red dot or holographic is the way to go. I hate the iron sights, plus the accuracy isn't as good as other assault rifles in general. If you can get scavenger pro with this gun, you will destroy.

charsace

Matter of fact I played some games last night that were slow. It was like playing Raven Shield. There were times where there was no gun fire.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Am I the only one that likes the missions that are different from a standard FPS MORE than the ones that are just running through the town and shooting?

The first snow level was awesome. Sneaking through the blizzard with the heartbeat sensor, slowly taking out enemies. Most fun I've had so far. Using the predator missile in Virginia was also fun as hell. I've had the least fun so far running through Brazil or w/e and shooting people.

K2Valor said:
Am I the only one that likes the missions that are different from a standard FPS MORE than the ones that are just running through the town and shooting?

I'm with you, I much preferred those levels over the standard shooter stuff.

Beezy

chubigans said:

I play on hardcore. Unless you managed to se which direction the bullet came from before you died, you won't know where they're camping. There's no death replay on hardcore.

jonremedy

DRE Fei said:
Red dot or holographic is the way to go. I hate the iron sights, plus the accuracy isn't as good as other assault rifles in general. If you can get scavenger pro with this gun, you will destroy.

Scavenger Pro was the first Pro-perk I unlocked :) Thank heavens for extra mags. Never switching that one out on my assault rifle classes.

ant_

Beezy said:
I play on hardcore. Unless you managed to se which direction the bullet came from before you died, you won't know where they're camping. There's no death replay on hardcore.
Solution to campers: Do not go to where they are camping.

I don't understand people who say, " HE'S CAMPING IN THAT CORNER!!! " when they keep running into the same room over and over again letting the 'camper' kill you repeatedly. Just don't go into the room. Or throw a smoke before you go in.

Saiyu

K2Valor said:
Solution to campers: Do not go to where they are camping.

I don't understand people who say, " HE'S CAMPING IN THAT CORNER!!! " when they keep running into the same room over and over again letting the 'camper' kill you repeatedly. Just don't go into the room. Or throw a smoke before you go in.

To be fair there are a few maps that can turn into a nightmare because of campers (Estate springs to mind).

Throwing knives and Riot Shields are awesome additions; this multiplayer is too addicting :/

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I hate the Veteran mode. I was tired of dying in the last checkpoint of a mission so I decided to save and quit. But, instead of clicking the right option, I clicked on Restart Mission, didn't see the mistake, and instintively confirmed.

Back to MP.

Man I was getting my ass kicked for a while, I use a M4+ACOG almost exclusively in COD4 and I feel like a fish out of water without it. But I feel almost at home now with the ACOG on the SCAR. It takes some getting use to because I'm so use to looking through the scope where as in this game you have the scope in the center with the entire screen zoomed in. But I'm getting the hang of it and have been doing well lately.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Spec Ops mode alone puts this game as my GOTY. Me and a friend were playing split screen all fucking day today. The Juggernauts are some mean motherfuckers. Any advice for taking them down? And yeah, I know: shoot them in the head. :p

Online multiplayer has so much stuff. It's incredible.

Kibbles said:
So
they never explained how Captain Price made it alive eh? I mean, I expected he was the prisoner all along, but I was interested in hearing how they would explain his comeback, especially since he was in good hands at the end of CoD4

I expected
the prisoner to be the Russian commander who helped you out in MW1. But I think that Price was probably taken to a Russian military hospital after MW1 ended, so that's how he was taken prisoner. But it's always fun rescuing Captain Price - that's the second time in a CoD game that you rescue him. As for the story at large, I can see the American general's point in being "evil." As long as Makarov is alive he can do whatever he want and get all the troops and money he needs. It's obvious he set up the "No Russian" guy to fail as well to further this goal.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
CrazedArabMan said:
I find it sad that I think this game plays better in 3rd person than it does in first person. :\

Dont give them ideas man.

Might be a shitty port from console to pc, but at least it plays like a FPS and I hope the next one does too.

fuck this game. the fucking killstreak bonuses are out of fucking control. It was hard to not get rolled on in COD4 when a team got a couple UAV's/strikes/choppers in a row, but this is fucking broken.

Barrett2

BigNastyCurve said:
fuck this game. the fucking killstreak bonuses are out of fucking control. It was hard to not get rolled on in COD4 when a team got a couple UAV's/strikes/choppers in a row, but this is fucking broken.

I kind of agree. In half the games I play, you end up hiding in a shack the whole time because your radar is jammed + missiles are raining down from the sky + helicopter gunships are circling overhead.

But still, throwing knives are BOSS.

ant_

BigNastyCurve said:
It's actually incredibly balanced. I mean, if you don't have a class with any anti-air missiles than you can't really blame the game. Everything is EASILY destroyed with a stinger missile.

Top Bottom