• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Tirade

placeholder
Mik2121 said:
My killstreak rewards are:

- Care Package (you can get some really nice stuff there, and it only takes 4 kills)

- Predator Missile (not only you can get some combos, but you also get to locate all your enemies, so if you have good memory and know the level, you can get an idea of where everybody is)

- Helicopter (I think it stays longer than before? dunno)

Anyway, I have yet to unlock some better stuff, but until then this is working very well. My weapon/perk set fits my gameplay as well, so it's perfect!.

For the 31 killstreak, it went something like this:
- Game starts
- I kill 4 people
- Care package is available
- Before using it, I kill another guy and use the Predator Missile killing 2 guys
- I use the Care Package and get a helicopter
- I use the helicopter
- The helicopter kills about 5 guys and I unlock my own helicopter
- I call my own helicopter and meanwhile kill more people
- Kill some other guys and reach 30 kills
- I kill another guy about 10 seconds before the game finishes
- I see 4 guys running my way, I'm about to shoot but I had to reload
- I die :(

So yeah, I ended up 31-1. Stupid reloading.. :(

Freakin NICE dude.

Think of what it would have been like with a Counter-UAV care package... :\

Im starting to like the pavelov alot more than the chopper gunnerl at least in ground war.

Not only does it take two hits to kill but i can still shoot people while its up there :D .

On a side note i think my new favorite gun is the ACR. Thing is a beast. Havent tried it with cold blood ninja but im hoping it kills people pretty fast.

Enosh

FleckSplat said:
Hey guys, I have the PC version. (Yes, I know, I'm a heathen, etc. etc.).

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the prone command activate when holding the crouch button, similar to the consoles? The only thing I see is mapping them to separate buttons, which is confusing to me.
there is "hold crouch" under movement in the controll menu, you mean that?

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Enosh said:
there is "hold crouch" under movement in the controll menu, you mean that?

Pretty sure he means that he should be able to go prone when pressing the crouch button as he's already crouching.

To my knowledge that's not possible.

pringles

Bought the game yesterday. Loving campaign and spec-ops so far, but not really feeling the multiplayer. Too hectic and random for my tastes, but also seems to reward camping which is just not the way I like to play.
And unlocking 14 different things after every game you play is just annoying, doesn't feel rewarding.

Also, is there a way to play a team deathmatch and not be thrown into a game that has already started? Like 5 times in a row I got into a game with like 1 minute left, very fun.

Grecco

Defuser said:
Is it just me or the checkpoint system is abit wonky? Sometimes it doesn't register a checkpoint when I move on.

This happens occasionally yes.

Anyways finished it today. Absolutely loved it. The Story is convoluted and at times way to disorienting but overall some of the experiences here are just incredible.

I didnt understand some choices though. Going to Joseph Ramirez at the crash site to a couple of missions with Price back to the crash site to the space station to the crash site again. By making you use so many characters the story loses its focus a bit. You use 4 characters this time, i wish they would have cut that a bit.

Some things they dont explain as much as they probably should, but overall its still a good ride and im glad i played though it. Maybe too many vehicle sections i guess. And im certainly curious about a potential sequel.

Invasion of Russia? and Price/Soap still renegades? maybe you play as a person hunting price and soap ? Im hyped already.

the campaign is awesome even if its ripping off that sort of popcorn flick feel. The section at the white house reminded me of the movie the Rock for instance. still fun

kind of disapointed in that there wasnt a mission after the credits like in MW1 tho

freitax said:
There is a guy with a 425 killstreak on the psn leaderboard:OOO k/d ratio of 25:OOO

yeah two guys just came out of nowhere on the 360 leaderboards with a 75 and 35 k/d and something like 30k kills.

they have to be doing something questionable to get kills like that.

Dabanton

MrCompletely said:
Sometimes our team will coordinate to have all of our machines in the skies at once. We've had two harriers and an AC130 up at once. Enemy team just gets decimated, it's completely awesome.

Yeah i was on the receiving end of those kind of tactics yesterday. Was intense.:lol

mandiller

I just tried to play multiplayer on PC and there appears to be no games. It lists 0 players online and 0 players in each game mode, and can't find any games when I search. Is that normal? Is IWnet getting overloaded? I played online just fine about 4 hours ago and my NAT is Open.

Eric WK

xDangerboy said:
yeah two guys just came out of nowhere on the 360 leaderboards with a 75 and 35 k/d and something like 30k kills.

Yes, they're cheating, Plain and simple.

Griffith

Banned
Neverender said:
uuughhhhhhhhhhh way to fuck up a great game infinity ward you arrogant motherfuckers. maybe next time you can just use treyarch's locale search instead of being too proud and failing miserably at developing your own matchmaking system.
Yep. Just spent about 4 hours playing and was only put into around 5 games with a local host. My wins/loss record is .3 because of all the games I have to quit out of until I can get a decent game.

Also, shooting down AC 130's is so much fun.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
xDangerboy said:

The person at the top of the COD4 leaderboard had a K/D ratio or score (can't quite remember) of over a billion. It was so big it broke the UI

Not sure if they fixed that but he was there for months.

Dipswitch

Just finished the campaign myself today. Plot was utterly outlandish compared to the sudo realistic nature of the first game, but there's no denying those IW folks know how to put on a good show. Production values, voice acting, gameplay and graphics - all top notch. Certain missions were of course ballbreakingly hard on hardened (I'm looking at you Favella), but that's to be expected with this series. They definitely improved the spawning though - wasn't nearly as noticieable this time around.

Also, loved the twists.
Especially Price's return. You know a game has memorable characters when you sit there shooting at your tv cheering them on when they're in mortal combat with the games nemesis. Well, one of them anyway. Surprised they let Makarov escape unscathed. Oh well, something to look forward to in 2 years I guess.

All in all, a very enjoyable sequel. Now let's see what EA can do with their MW'esque MOH comeback - the bar has been raised very high by IW.

I think I have figured out the endings to MW3 and 4
In MV1 your dying friend tossed Soap his gun so you could kill the final "boss"

In MW2 you tried going for the gun but he kicked it away, so you take the knife out of your gut and kill him with

In MW3 the final boss also kicks away the knife. So Soap kills him with his enormous dick

In MW4 Soap stares at him until his head explodes. Cause that's how much of a man Soap is!!

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
grap3fruitman said:
I really wish that the riot shield wasn't so useless. I also wish I could use clan tags, which I haven't been able to do in MW or WaW either. =(

I was about to post about how I hate going up against riot shields. I usually use LMGs or snipers so I don't have a grenade I can quickly dispatch to take them out.

hell to me they feel unbalanced. are they just plain invincible or does pounding them with bullets eventually break them?

unlike in gears of war where you can aim at their feet/tops of their head, and using the shield makes them move slow, here the riot shield people move tend to move faster than you and seem completely invulnerable unless they face the wrong angle. you can't shoot them or evade them, how do you kill em??

If someone is coming at you with a shield, and he's backed up by a friend with a rifle, they're gonna win almost every encounter.

I suppose the only thing you can do is equip a rifle with grenade attachment, or a launcher of some kind?

Mik2121

kaizoku said:
I was about to post about how I hate going up against riot shields. I usually use LMGs or snipers so I don't have a grenade I can quickly dispatch to take them out.

hell to me they feel unbalanced. are they just plain invincible or does pounding them with bullets eventually break them?

unlike in gears of war where you can aim at their feet/tops of their head, and using the shield makes them move slow, here the riot shield people move tend to move faster than you and seem completely invulnerable unless they face the wrong angle. you can't shoot them or evade them, how do you kill em??

If someone is coming at you with a shield, and he's backed up by a friend with a rifle, they're gonna win almost every encounter.

I suppose the only thing you can do is equip a rifle with grenade attachment, or a launcher of some kind?

You don't have stun grenades around either? Throw one of those to them and they will wave the shield around, letting you hit them.
Which reminds me, seems like nobody uses stun grenades! I use them all the time because apparently nobody expects them, and I usually get two or three kills because all the enemies are stunned :D

NIN90

Mik2121 said:
You don't have stun grenades around either? Throw one of those to them and they will wave the shield around, letting you hit them.
Which reminds me, seems like nobody uses stun grenades! I use them all the time because apparently nobody expects them, and I usually get two or three kills because all the enemies are stunned :D

I don't use them because they're unbalanced as fuck. I rage everytime when I get hit by one.

kaizoku said:

Shoot their feet. If they are using the shield they are probably a shitty player anyways.

Tenkai Star said:
I think I have figured out the endings to MW3 and 4
In MV1 your dying friend tossed Soap his gun so you could kill the final "boss"

In MW2 you tried going for the gun but he kicked it away, so you take the knife out of your gut and kill him with

In MW3 the final boss also kicks away the knife. So Soap kills him with his enormous dick

In MW4 Soap stares at him until his head explodes. Cause that's how much of a man Soap is!!
:lol :lol :lol

ruxtpin

Banned
grap3fruitman said:
I really wish that the riot shield wasn't so useless. I also wish I could use clan tags, which I haven't been able to do in MW or WaW either. =(

haha. I was in a random game yesterday with some guy who was using the riot shield. Would have been quite the funny moment to watch, as we kept circling each other and I kept trying to shoot his ass or foot. I finally shot him in the ass, as my ability to circle strafe was slightly quicker.

Dabanton

Mik2121 said:

I love stun grenades,Semtex followed by a stun grenade= me dispatching whole rooms.:lol

xxjuicesxx said:
Shoot their feet. If they are using the shield they are probably a shitty player anyways.

Not always used properly it can swing a match as you have a lead that attracts fire as everyone always shoots the guy with the shield as he is approaching them.

The rest of the us flank the other team and take them out.

Linkzg said:
Is there a list of the gaf peoples who have this on PC? I want to play some spec op mode and for some reason they restrict it to the people on your friends list, and no one on my steam list is playing it

anyone?

Sectus

Does anyone know how the mobility works in detail? You move super slow with the riot shield, and realy fast with the SMG. However, if I replace my riot shield ingame with an SMG, I'm still much slower than starting with an SMG.

So is your running speed controlled by the starting weapon? What happens if I start with an SMG and pick up a riot shield?

Enosh

hmm fun fact:
during the predator missile if you hold down the left mouse button/whatever consoles have it accelerates and hits the ground faster

Kibbles

Um, how did you unlock a helicopter by the care package helicopter? I thought Care Packages don't count towards your killstreak?
Enosh said:
hmm fun fact:
during the predator missile if you hold down the left mouse button/whatever consoles have it accelerates and hits the ground faster
Right Trigger on Xbox 360.

I'm a pussy when it comes to killstreaks, because although I'm always in the top 3 of my team, my highest streak so far is 8. In COD4 it was 21, but that was a very lucky hardcore game. I realise I'm never going to get the nuke (unless it's in the packages and very rare?)

I use the hardline perk so that I require one less kill, making it:
2 kills - UAV
3 kills - Package
4 kills - Predator Missile

With that setup I average maybe 25-30 kills per every Team Deathmatch game.

Keikoku

Banned
Am I the only one experiencing frame drops in the favelas level ? Game was running ace so far but I had to lower the texture resolution and specular map quality to have a decent frame rate in this level, and there's still hiccups :/ This kind of shit shouldn't happen with an HD 4890 right ? :/

jiien

Sectus said:
Does anyone know how the mobility works in detail? You move super slow with the riot shield, and realy fast with the SMG. However, if I replace my riot shield ingame with an SMG, I'm still much slower than starting with an SMG.

So is your running speed controlled by the starting weapon? What happens if I start with an SMG and pick up a riot shield?

I think when you switch to an SMG, the riot shield would still be on your back, and therefore still affect your speed. If you totally swapped out the riot shield for an SMG (as in, dumped it on the ground rather than swapping to secondary) then I think you'd move faster.

Edit: Oh wait, I may have misinterpreted your post, as you may have actually replaced the riot shield completely with an SMG. In which case, I have no idea, as limiting your speed based on your starting weapon sounds pretty dumb, but I've never used the shield in multiplayer, so I wouldn't know for sure from experience.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Here's what I believe is the best killstreak setup.
5 Kills - Predator Missile ( Bound to get at least one more kill with this )
7 kills - Harrier Strike ( Air strike plus a stationary gun. Gotten me WAYYYY more kills than attack helicopter )
11 kills - Chopper Gunner ( 3/5 times the harrier can make me reach 11 kills with ease, unleashing the domination that is the chopper gunner )

I use this with the following setup.

SCAR-H with Holographic Sight / Silencer
M93 Raffica with Red Dot Sight / Silencer ( best pistol ever. sometimes I use it the whole game)

Perks -
Bling Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

Enosh

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm a pussy when it comes to killstreaks, because although I'm always in the top 3 of my team, my highest streak so far is 8. In COD4 it was 21, but that was a very lucky hardcore game. I realise I'm never going to get the nuke (unless it's in the packages and very rare?)

I realy doubt the nuke is in the care package
but the EMP is, I actualy got it once (actualy twice in a single game but the game ended before I could "open" the second one, still saw the icon so I knew what it was^^)

Sectus said:

In COD4 anyway, your speed was determined by your starting primary weapon regardless of what weapons you picked up or switched to. Not sure if it's the same for MW2.

Enosh said:
I realy doubt the nuke is in the care package
but the EMP is, I actualy got it once (actualy twice in a single game but the game ended before I could "open" the second one, still saw the icon so I knew what it was^^)
Yeah I've had the EMP a few times too. :)

I doubt it's in there too, but I can hope. I'd like to use it just once. :(

K2Valor said:
11 kills - Chopper Gunner ( 3/5 times the harrier can make me reach 11 kills with ease, unleashing the domination that is the chopper gunner)
But killsteak things don't add to your kill chain this time around? :S

bdouble

I love this thread.

Riot shields are freaking awesome...(few pages later) Riot shields are freaking worthless and unbalanced.

Stun grenades suck...Stun grenades rule.

I find this game is more balanced with all the shit they threw into the multiplayer and I enjoy the fact that I"m still running around with just a M4 (red dot and silencer) and still doing fine.

fernoca

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how is it possible to use "the nuke" so early into a match?
I have it unlocked but it says I need a 25 killstreak to use it..but I've seen many people with a few kills (sometimes under 5 kills) using it..or does it also appear randomly in the care packages..?

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Foliorum Viridum said:
But killsteak things don't add to your kill chain this time around? :S
Yes it does. EARNED killstreaks add to your killstreak chain. RECIEVED killstreaks from care packages do not.

Top Bottom