• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

DRE Fei

So, how do you guys feel about all of this subscription based Call of Duty stuff that's been talked about for a while? Do you think this is the type of MMO on console that can succeed, or is the genre still too niche to do that? I might think about trying it if there were
dedicated servers
, but they'd also have to add a shitload more unlockables to make it last IMO.

Slowly but surely getting better.. Got a 13 Killstreak today with the use of a harrier. Also been going about 1:1 instead of .6-.75:1.

Also started up a Veteran play-through, just finished ACT 1. I agree with the consensus that this is easier than COD4's Veteran.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Eric WK said:
Map control and awareness. Know what parts of the map are the best to hold, control the enemy spawns and be patient. Don't force it.

That's the best I can do.

Controlling the enemy spawn is a nice way of saying spawn camping. :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Smokey said:
Machine gun + faster reloading + stopping power pro + steady aim > all
I have that, it's nice. I'm still debating sticking with thermal. I feel naked without it now but I feel totally useless on maps like Afghan and wasteland. I don't have the range of snipers.

Yeef

Just played an awesome game of Merc TDM on Estate. The other team was all holed up in the house sniping out the windows so me with my shield and another guy in a ghillie suit snuck around back and meleed every single one of them to death, one by one. It was great. I wish this game had a cinema mode like Uncharted 2.

Smokey said:
Machine gun + faster reloading + stopping power pro + steady aim > all

Wrong.

Sub-machine Gun + Marathon + Cold Blooded + Commando >>>>> ALL

I get SO many knife kills with that class. I'm talking 5-8 per game :lol

J-Rzez

NeoUltima said:
Is there a burst weapon better than FAMAS? I'm only 12 now but it is all I need in a weapon.

Not until you get the M16 at 40. Just learn to burst with the SCAR while leveling up and you'll be fine.

So how about all those people "Boosting" now. My one buddy was a bit behind me, has played about 6hrs less than me, but due to finding "Boost Rooms", he's about 6 or 7 levels ahead all of a sudden. Fucking bullshit lol. GG IW.

Smokey

Net_Wrecker said:
Wrong.

Sub-machine Gun + Marathon + Cold Blooded + Commando >>>>> ALL

I get SO many knife kills with that class. I'm talking 5-8 per game :lol

Machine gun + Bling + Heartrate sensor and Scope attachments + stopping power pro + steady aim pro is actually the correct answer.

With the right perks/attachments the machine guns can replace the SMGs.

Is Hardline a really commonly used perk? I want to use it so bad, but I'm not sure how much less damage you do if I give up the stopping power perk.

Also, just hit a personal best kill streak of 21 woo wooooooo.

Everyone is wrong so far.

Personal preference >>>> All :lol

Valkyr Junkie said:
Is Hardline a really commonly used perk? I want to use it so bad, but I'm not sure how much less damage you do if I give up the stopping power perk.

I use hardline on my main class. I do better when I have bonuses plus it makes me feel like I'm doing amazing when I keep getting it.

minx

Valkyr Junkie said:

I feel that I can get that extra one kill a lot easier if I have stopping power.

comrade

Just rented the game. Put like 3 hours in spec ops and a couple levels in single player. All I can say is holy shit! This game is balls to the wall. Definitely buying it when I have the money and I haven't even touched Multiplayer.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
minx88 said:
I feel that I can get that extra one kill a lot easier if I have stopping power.

I'm almost certain that there is about 4 to 5 encounters a map that I lose bc my enemy has stopping power and I don't. Using SMGs w/o SP is even more trying at times.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Y2Kev said:
Oh, another thing: don't use scrambler. It's so dumb.
Is it? That's the only one of the additional tier 3 perks I have unlocked, and I started using it instead of commando even though I don't really know what it was/wasn't doing. Is it useful at all?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
vatstep said:
Is it? That's the only one of the additional tier 3 perks I have unlocked, and I started using it instead of commando even though I don't really know what it was/wasn't doing. Is it useful at all?
Maybe against people who have never played. When I see my radar scramble, I know someone is like...right there. It's practically a radar.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Y2Kev said:
Maybe against people who have never played. When I see my radar scramble, I know someone is like...right there. It's practically a radar.
That's a good point. I just wasn't sure what the range of the scrambling effect was (though it was large, the perk would be overpowered). The only people who would fall for something like that are probably people who wouldn't look at the radar in the first place. I'll go back to commando.

J-Rzez

Meh, haven't used stopping power in days. Cold Blooded Pro w/ninja pro, along with my silenced weapons = lots of kills.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Y2Kev said:
I was using Scrambler on my stealth class until I realized this. It actually took a few games. I felt like a total idiot.:lol :lol

DMeisterJ

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Not until you get the M16 at 40. Just learn to burst with the SCAR while leveling up and you'll be fine.

So how about all those people "Boosting" now. My one buddy was a bit behind me, has played about 6hrs less than me, but due to finding "Boost Rooms", he's about 6 or 7 levels ahead all of a sudden. Fucking bullshit lol. GG IW.

I could never understand it. Sucks the fun right out of actually playing the game.

Irish

So, why are special grenades given their own slot and not included with equipment? Is it wrong for me to want to carry both a throwing knife and a grenade?

LowParry

Full Recovery said:
You're the reason I use Ninja pro. Don't get pissed when I knife you in the back. :D

Psh. Ninja pro is the other perk I use with everything. It's a practical must. Toss on a silencer and Cold Blooded and I become "kill on sight" only.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
CcrooK said:
Psh. Ninja pro is the other perk I use with everything. It's a practical must. Toss on a silencer and Cold Blooded and I become "kill on sight" only.

Wuss. I say let them know you're coming, let's see who draws quicker :D

0OoO0

weird glitch I found while playing Free For All

photo0111.jpg

Eric WK

Not a Jellyfish said:
Controlling the enemy spawn is a nice way of saying spawn camping. :lol

Not at all. True spawn camping is practically impossible outside of a Chopper Gunner or AC-130. The game is actually very good about switching spawns and the other team would have to be completely inept to be caught in a position like that.

What I'm talking about is holding positions such that you know from which direction the enemy will be coming, not precisely where they'll be spawning and shooting them as (or even within ten seconds) of when they respawn.

Domino Theory said:
What class do you primarily use?

Usually an Assault variation (any rifle will do) w/ Bling, Stopping Power and Steady Aim. I've basically been going through and completing challenges with one of the assault rifles and then moving on to the next.

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea Im not even getting close to it though.

So you're running out of time and not getting killed? I took my time and finished that segment with about 30 seconds of time left. All I really needed to do was continuously call in predator missiles and slowly move forward which was enough for my AI teammates to push forward and clean-up.

Eric WK said:
Not at all. True spawn camping is practically impossible outside of a Chopper Gunner or AC-130. The game is actually very good about switching spawns and the other team would have to be completely inept to be caught in a position like that.

What I'm talking about is holding positions such that you know from which direction the enemy will be coming, not precisely where they'll be spawning and shooting them as (or even within ten seconds) of when they respawn.

Usually an Assault variation (any rifle will do) w/ Bling, Stopping Power and Steady Aim. I've basically been going through and completing challenges with one of the assault rifles and then moving on to the next.

This is how I roll. It keeps MP a lot fresher if you just force yourself out of the comfort zone and change up your load-out. K/D ratio be damned. :D

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Any gaf games going on right now or anyone want to party up? Kinda tired of have teammates that don't talk. Just got knifed twice in the back when i see the kill cam and clearly my teammates could have told me. :/

Valkyr Junkie said:
So you're running out of time and not getting killed? I took my time and finished that segment with about 30 seconds of time left. All I really needed to do was continuously call in predator missiles and slowly move forward which was enough for my AI teammates to push forward and clean-up.

I was getting killed, the game gave me 3 checkpoints all in really really shitty places where I was basically getting destroyed off spawn. Incredibly frustrating BS.

Wish there was a remove last checkpoint option.

kuYuri

Valkyr Junkie said:

I used Hardline with my LMG class since, in general, LMGs are powerful enough that Stopping Power isn't really necessary.

xxjuicesxx said:
I was getting killed, the game gave me 3 checkpoints all in really really shitty places where I was basically getting destroyed off spawn. Incredibly frustrating BS.

Wish there was a remove last checkpoint option.

Gotcha. Yeah, you might need to restart that mission. I've had the same thing happen to me where I get stuck with a shitty checkpoint spawn and have to restart. My recommendations for the area you're at is to just take your time since you have plenty. Just use the predator missiles to soften targets, move up and take down a few guys, repeat.

Top Bottom