• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Ok, javelin or stinger? I kind of like to be able to shoot out of buildings with the stinger, but the javelin goes straight up and over buildings. What to use, what to use....

Sushen said:
I thought those cheaters are rather dumb; 400 kill streaks and 700 winning streaks? Almost sounds like they have never played the game, or wants I-m-a-dumb-ass sign on their neck. Sure I bowl 500.
I would laugh if all their stats and ranks get stripped.

DoomGyver

Lionheart1827 said:
Man I'm doing spec ops with my friend on veteran. The breach and clear mission is a pain in the ass. Eventually we tried to just muscle through it and eventually got it. Then we noticed Infinity Wards best time. :(
I did it by myself in 2 minutes on vet.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I got a shitty message from someone calling me a fag because I went 21-0 as a sniper. :lol

But seriously, this game really brings out the worst in people. So many peole shouting hate in the mic. I've just unplugged mine now, I don't really want to hear that all the time.

Unicorn

D4Danger said:
I got a shitty message from someone calling me a fag because I went 21-0 as a sniper. :lol

This game really brings out the worst in people. So many peole shouting hate in the mic. I've just unplugged mine now.

Yeah, how else can people live out their obnoxious sniper tendencies?

Good for you, I guess.

D4Danger said:

But seriously, this game really brings out the worst in people. So many peole shouting hate in the mic. I've just unplugged mine now, I don't really want to hear that all the time.
There has to be some reason there isn't any party chat in most playlists!

Such a good feeling sticking someone with a semtex. It may not have the blue-glowy trail of Halo, but the satisfaction is still there when you see "Stuck!" come up on the screen.

Although I did stick someone, they ran at me, and it killed me too.:lol

DoomGyver

got2bekidding said:
Such a good feeling sticking someone with a semtex. It may not have the blue-glowy trail of Halo, but the satisfaction is still there when you see "Stuck!" come up on the screen.

Although I did stick someone, they ran at me, and it killed me too.:lol
It feels WAY better to stick someone with a riot shield.

MrPliskin said:
Quoted. Still stuck here. I know I'm supposed to shoot the vehicles with the Stinger, but I can't. Assistance?

Edit: To be clear, I aim at the vehicle, and when I try to fire it says "Must be locked on". How in the hell do I lock on?

Just keep your target directly in your sights for a few seconds and you'll eventually get a lock. Make sure you've got open air above you too, as that launcher fires straight up before arcing down to the target.

Full Recovery said:
Now see, I've got to get me some of that. Those damn creepy crawlies drive me crazy sometimes when it's being operated by someone with skills.

Mikey Jr.

Full Recovery said:

YES!

This one guy was just slowly walking towards me, thinking he was invincible and I couldn't touch him at all.

/Toss Semtex at him.
/Tries to quickly switch to gun.

BOOM!

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
awwskeetskeet.png

Really, IW? :lol

GodfatherX said:
also , one thing that a lot of people seem to like that I hate is the emblem and title system, that is a complete rip off from SF4...

I think it's fun. I believe IW even admitted that when they saw that in SF4 they wanted to have it MW2. Adds another layer of personalization. What's there to hate?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Osaka said:
awwskeetskeet.png

Really, IW? :lol
They have tons of embarrassing titles. Really wish they didn't have them but whatever.

Killcam + "JOINT OPS" makes me want to kill the douche more than ever.

I got the game Friday, and so far I'm enjoying the single player and the multiplayer. I was going to wait to play the multiplayer till after I was done with the single player, but since the multiplayer is what really drew me to this game, I decided to do half and half each day. I've never played a Call of Duty game before, so this is a new experience for me. The single player, like I said is good, but I wish the story was told differently. It doesn't keep my interest as much as I would have hoped. I'm still able to follow the story, though, and such. The graphics are great, which is a no brainer, but I honestly didn't get goosebumps and the OMG moment until the
Washington level came along. Whenever the helicopters were dropping out the sky, and a bunch of stuff was going on, it was just so awesome. That and the snowmobile section at the beginning of the game were very great moments for me.
The multiplayer, I'm getting used to it, but I'm not good at it like I am other games. I want to master it, though, because it's cool. Hopefully I get better. So, yeah, great game. :)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Joint Ops is the only title that I see all the fucking time (Impaler and Bow Down seem to be other popular ones). It's like the Hayabusa armor in Halo 3. So lame.

bdouble

GodfatherX said:
also , one thing that a lot of people seem to like that I hate is the emblem and title system, that is a complete rip off from SF4...
Yeah why hate it? Just because it's a ripoff? That's how this industry works and I think they implemented it well. You see that thing more then actual player models.

BigNastyCurve said:
fuck this game. the fucking killstreak bonuses are out of fucking control. It was hard to not get rolled on in COD4 when a team got a couple UAV's/strikes/choppers in a row, but this is fucking broken.
I don't mind the killstreaks so much but I think there definitely should be a game mode in which you can play without them. Doubt they'll ever do that though...

Druz

bdouble said:
Yeah why hate it? Just because it's a ripoff? That's how this industry works and I think they implemented it well. You see that thing more then actual player models.

I hate it because it doesn't mention a quick blurb of how you achieved it. It attributes a bit more value to the title

Seep

How do you unlock the AUG, 1911 and Druganov for multiplayer?

Also what's the point of having the red dot and the hologram sight, they're both the same.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Seep said:
How do you unlock the AUG, 1911 and Druganov for multiplayer?

Also what's the point of having the red dot and the hologram sight, they're both the same.
Hologram sight doesn't move with the gun and isn't affected by EMP blast

DuckRacer

BrightYoungThing said:
I don't mind the killstreaks so much but I think there definitely should be a game mode in which you can play without them. Doubt they'll ever do that though...
They were actually going to put a killstreak-less mode in CoD4 but didn't for technical reasons or something similar. I hope they put something similar in MW2, because care packages giving out chopper gunners and AC130s along with all the fucking campers and all the shitty maps are really making me hate this game.

Unicorn

DuckRacer said:
They were actually going to put a killstreak-less mode in CoD4 but didn't for technical reasons or something similar. I hope they put something similar in MW2, because care packages giving out chopper gunners and AC130s along with all the fucking campers and all the shitty maps are really making me hate this game.

The maps really are shitty. I don't understand how they can go from such fantastic map layout of CoD4 to the almost haphazard ones of MW2. I mean, Highrise is the only remnant of sane level design. Looking at Scrapyard and Underpass, I just have to wonder "wtf were they thinking?"

Sub Base is good too, But fucking Wasteland.... really? REALLY? Why bother reviving an old map if it's terrible?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Just had a 28-17 game on Rust. The guy that won went 30-32, and everyone else was 1:1 or worse. Pretty good considering 1) I suck and 2) I didn't camp out on the tower.

KaYotiX

Banned
DuckRacer said:

Use missles....is it really that hard ppl?? I shoot down everythign from UAV's and Choppers as soon as they go up. AC130's need 2 ppl to shoot at it becasue of the flares.

People need to stop crying so much and use what IW put in the game

bdouble said:
because in SF4 it fit with the overall presentation of the game, however in MW2 it just seems out of place to me

Top Bottom