• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Shadow780 said:
I'm getting shot from everywhere in campaign!

I got up the part where you have to reclaim the White House and "getting shot from everywhere" definitely seems to be the theme of the campaign. It wouldn't be so bad without that annoying as blood splatter that completely disorients the player. The actual shooting just felt a lot better in CoD4 for me and I think the ridiculous blood splatter combined with getting shot from all directions is a big part of what is souring the campaign for me. It is just plain frustrating.

Eric WK

Regarding Chopper Gunners/AC-130s. Just shoot the fucking things down. It's not hard. And if you're playing with idiots, well, stop playing with idiots.

DuckRacer said:
Also, do we know if prestige levels unlock weapons or additional class slots, or anything other than emblems?

You get titles, emblems, challenges (that in turn unlock titles and emblems) and an extra class slot at first prestige.

The cheaters have only gotten to prestige three and I think the highest legit player is prestige two, so it'll be a while before we know the full extent of unlocks if there are more to come.

had a 4 hour session with 2 friends playing Domination. It started out trying to win. but after awhile it was a competition trying to get the most points :lol.

at least i got my kill streak up.

Shadow780

Zefah said:
I got up the part where you have to reclaim the White House and "getting shot from everywhere" definitely seems to be the theme of the campaign. It wouldn't be so bad without that annoying as blood splatter that completely disorients the player. The actual shooting just felt a lot better in CoD4 for me and I think the ridiculous blood splatter combined with getting shot from all directions is a big part of what is souring the campaign for me. It is just plain frustrating.

The splatter is giving me motion sickness too...

Rikyfree said:
Did you just equate having an online tag with drunk driving? Kudos, chum. :lol :lol

Toke up, calm down, bro.

Congratulations for missing the point - I meant a tag that referenced drunk driving. "swerving" or something with some alcohol bottles. That'd be AWESOME TOO RIGHT BRO? JUST LIKE TOKIN

Is anyone else having trouble staying together with a party online? We have a group of 8 guys trying to do Ground War, but every time we go to join a game 1-2 people not join (different people each time), or the game lobby will just close when it tries to throw us into another game.

Trumpet909 said:
Is anyone else having trouble staying together with a party online? We have a group of 8 guys trying to do Ground War, but every time we go to join a game 1-2 people not join (different people each time), or the game lobby will just close when it tries to throw us into another game.

no problems here. i think the highest we did was 5.

careful

Trumpet909 said:
Every time I've been in a party of 4 or more, it takes a while to find a game (I'm on PS3). And yeah, randomly, we'll lose a few guys when merging lobbies.

xbhaskarx

Every time I start playing, I suck and my K:D ratio is like 1:2.
Eventually I start to get in a rhythm, my last three games were 19:3, 10:2, and 15:3. And then I want to stop playing, which means I'll have to go through the same thing next time. So for entirely selfish reasons I think there should be a practice area where you can play and not have the stats or XP count.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Holy crap, I can't play without the heartbeat sensor anymore. I'm absolutely spoiled now. If I use a weapon without it, I feel completely naked and vulnerable. :lol

It's almost becoming a crutch of sorts, I'm gonna have to force myself off of it for a bit.

xbhaskarx

Cerrius said:
Holy crap, I can't play without the heartbeat sensor anymore. I'm absolutely spoiled now. If I use a weapon without it, I feel completely naked and vulnerable. :lol

It's almost becoming a crutch of sorts, I'm gonna have to force myself off of it for a bit.

Same here.

charsace

Cerrius said:

Told you it ruins the game.

Insaniac

Cerrius said:

I'ma ninja knife you in the back :D

DoomGyver

One change I don't like is that if a teammate kills you, you get a death.

In MW1 if a teammate killed you no points were given. Now I can see why they changed it because in MW1 people used to kill friendly last standers so the opposing team wouldn't get the point.

But why should I be punished if someone else team kills me?? The person who kills a teammate should be given a death, NOT THE INNOCENT.

I hate when devs make stupid balancing choices like that. If you're going to do it, do it right ffs.

Example: I call in an airdrop. I have a teammate next to me and once my airdrop lands he team kills me and steals my airdrop. Does he get punished? NO, he gets my airdrop and I get a death.

Fuck that shit.

Jube3

Nothing like getting a pave low from a care package, having it take you almost instantly to your harrier and have that take you to your chopper gunner. It was brutal, their whole team was wiped and they were spamming together while i was in my chopper gunner. I got multi kill over, and over and over again lol. 29 kill streak ftw. Man they must havfe been cussing up a storm.

Stillmatic

I enjoyed SP, though they could've fleshed out some of the levels a bit better by building into and out of some most of the big battles and extending some of the shorter sequences. The story i found hard to follow like some have mentioned already, but overall i enjoyed it, it just didn't leave as big of an impact on me as CoD4 had.

MP is awesome, really loving it. With the amount of stuff going on in the game i think they've done a great job of balancing everything. Really like all the maps too and the constant stream of rewards. The last kill replay is great, if i'm sitting on 1450 in free for all i bring out the throwing knives. :lol

Probably already posted (or shouldn't be :lol ) but oh well, what in the? o_O
http://www.vg247.com/2009/11/14/video-youth-plays-mw2-for-17-hours-straight-goes-mad/

edit: Please IW, add some proper clan support for MW3, might be a hard pill to swallow but look at what GG have done with KZ2.

Jube3 said:
Nothing like getting a pave low from a care package, having it take you almost instantly to your harrier and have that take you to your chopper gunner. It was brutal, their whole team was wiped and they were spamming together while i was in my chopper gunner. I got multi kill over, and over and over again lol. 29 kill streak ftw. Man they must havfe been cussing up a storm.
See, this is why I always carry Stinger missiles.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wonderful, in a really close match I had my fucking carepack hit the ground and break all laws of gravity and bounce in an awkward fashion off the map. :|

DMeisterJ said:
Fucking Campers.

Fucking Snipers

Fucking Noob Tubes

Fuck them all up the fucking ass. :/
If you can't kill a camper after the first time they kill you that's on you my friend same goes for snipers.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
practice02 said:
If you can't kill a camper after the first time they kill you that's on you my friend same goes for snipers.

A single camper/sniper, sure. A team of them? Not really. Nobody is complaining about a single guy in a random room getting a cheap kill off of you, it's an entire team full of random encounters like that.

Hmmm im still thinking of which one to get. I tried both versions of cod4 for pc and the ps3 and while I liked the pc version (nothing beats kb & m and dedicated servers) at first I was turned off by people bouncing around and doing bs jumping headshots with the sniper rifle. The ps3 online experience seems to be more tame with more well grounded players. Is it still the case for mw2?

deadnoob

Damn, I cant believe most things I've read say COD4 was harder than MW2 on veteran. I really only had an insanely tough time on the ferris wheel mission of cod4. MW2 didnt have a single mission that had me stuck for a while, but I was dying constantly.

Maybe its just been too long since Ive played through cod4.

The Stealth Fox

I frickin' suck at this game. .92 K/D ratio :-( .

I need some tips to consistently stay above 1-1 and get big kill streaks. I never camp however.

Is there any way to do well without camping? I've tried ghosting (Ninja Pro, Cold Blooded Pro, Bling Pro, P90 + RDS + Silencer), and I can't seem to fend for myself.

Got a question about the SP story (don't highlight unless you've finished the game):
Why did Shepherd kill Ghost and Roach? There doesn't seem to be any motivation for that. Also, who was the guy in the Panic Room that you find dead, who killed him, and what was taken from the briefcase?

hyduK

Banned
NeoUltima said:
riot shield alone is lol. Awesome to go in a room where all the enemy is and wack 'em all to death.
Indeed. The first time I played a team with a bunch of riot shields it was so chaotic, didn't really know what to do.

Then I was in the towerish thing on the airport level, and had a guy with a riot shield just baiting people out, at which point I'd come out and pop them with my SCAR. Easiest kill streak ever.

really think the some of the killstreaks need a nerf , already got 7 nukes just tonight whoring the chopper gunner.i thought nukes were supposed to be rare but apparently not :lol

Papercuts said:
I went against a team that had atleast 2-3 people in a traveling group with riot shields, it was weird as hell.

:lol

That could have been me if you were playing on PS3 tonight. A couple of my friends and I all used shields and had a blast. One of the high points was when two enemies on a nearby roof just stopped and starred at me since shooting wasn't doing anything. They just kept looking at me as one of my teammates slowly snuck up the building and killed them both. It was great.

unomas

Banned
The Stealth Fox said:
I frickin' suck at this game. .92 K/D ratio :-( .

I need some tips to consistently stay above 1-1 and get big kill streaks. I never camp however.

Is there any way to do well without camping? I've tried ghosting (Ninja Pro, Cold Blooded Pro, Bling Pro, P90 + RDS + Silencer), and I can't seem to fend for myself.

It's hard to get huge killstreaks unless you camp. I'm not a fan of any of the big maps in multi, those are the campers/snipers delight. Absolutely hate those levels. My KD in COD 4 was 1.05, so far in MW2 I'm at .75 after one night of playing, but I started off down in the .33 range and have worked my way up. I'll probably be just over 1.0 or better in a few days, or right where I was in COD4.

Mik2121

My KD right now is at around 2.24 or something like that, but I'm only playing TDM. I... camp, but not like your typical annoying camper. I just like to find hiding spots, get one or two kills and then go to the next place, so I never get caught.

I guess a lot of people is pissed off at me :p

But in levels like Afghan and Highrise I already found a few really good spots where I can get tons of kills ;D

Top Bottom