• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Net_Wrecker said:
7 Nukes? What the hell? I want to play in your rooms. I have barely seen 5 Chopper Gunners let alone 7 TACTICAL FREAKIN' NUKES. Do people NOT shoot your air support down?

as of this post i got to 10 nukes all in a couple hours, seriously chopper gunner on an open map is guaranteed nuke every time...so overpowered.

Facism

All these big companies know that governments have signed the relevant treaties, that within the next few years you will see individual payments for every site or service you use.

XBOX live is a glimpse into the future of the internet, a fully restricted and closed system. The internet will become much like a TV package where you pay for certian channels.

These corporate crooks know this, so they incrementally ware you into it.

sorry wrong thread...

Enosh

thinking about doing the shotgun atachment chalenge thingy in order to get the shotgun and the "all atachments award"

on a scale from 1 to 10, how much will people hate me for whoring the granade laucher? :lol

panda21

Enosh said:
thinking about doing the shotgun atachment chalenge thingy in order to get the shotgun and the "all atachments award"

on a scale from 1 to 10, how much will people hate me for whoring the granade laucher? :lol

at first it felt bad. but its kind of funny. especially when you shoot someone point blank with it and it doesnt go off, they just go UGHH and fly backwards :lol

Enosh said:

My friend was rocking the grenade launcher + thumper last night, really pissing off the other team.

Also, im not not mistaken, all attachments = 10,000 xp - definitely worth whoring.

WJD

So after a few weeks of saying "Nah, I'm not interested in COD4:2," I want it :lol

goddam, I might have to pick it up tomorrow.

gnarkill bill said:
My KD is at 1.28 right now. Im pretty satisfied with it I guess. Im just very inconsistent when it comes to these games. Some matches i'll go 4-13 and then the very next one i'll do 19-3 or something. :lol

My KD was 2.12 but it went back down to 1.97 after a few bad games.

Mik2121

Oh man...

Back when I used to play COD4, I would always match up with these few Japanese guys (I live in Jpn so I guess it matches me with the best connections) who were like goddamn monsters at this game.

Now, I've been about a month without touching COD4 and when playing MW2 I was always matching with people in the US or wherever... until 20 minutes ago, when I matched with the exact same guys, and they were rushing over everybody, already with high enough levels considering they probably got the game late (due to having to import, like me). They all had level 38 to 45, and were on the opposing team. I was the only one in my team with a K/D ratio of over 1! :lol :lol

I guess these guys are like those guys playing hacked Mario, leveling up to crazy levels in RPG's and doing crazy shit, but with MW2 D:

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
endlessflood said:
Got a question about the SP story (don't highlight unless you've finished the game):
Why did Shepherd kill Ghost and Roach? There doesn't seem to be any motivation for that. Also, who was the guy in the Panic Room that you find dead, who killed him, and what was taken from the briefcase?

If they had found out where Makarov was they would have killed him. And if Makarov dies, Shepherd loses his "blank cheque" to take him out. Shepherd wanted the infinite resources given to him during the crisis, and if Makarov was taken out the crisis would end. I have no idea about the guy in the Panic Room and what was missing though.

Enosh said:

I unlocked the shotgun for the M4A1 earlier tonight. I wasn't a fan of the grenade launcher in CoD4, but I seem to be effective with it.

Nachkebia

Banned
I die alot, more than I should, I miss alot! more than I should, but maaan I am one scary mother fucker! :lol I always capture most points and run like crazy, I just love playing this way, skrew statistics :D

McBacon said:
Just set your Xbox Live Privacy settings to friends only, then babble away in the game chat.

The only thing that sucks about this is the muted players will cause your friends voices to cut out in the waiting room lobby.

Veteran has been conquered. :) Much, much easier than the last games. Compared to COD2 it was a walk in the park. I'm not complaining, though - respawning enemies should never make a comeback.

I did a few missions on Spec Ops but my mate wasn't good enough to do it on Veteran with me. From what we played it seems like they've crafted some fantastic little scenarios; I can't wait to go through them with someone who can keep up. :D

The Hermit

:lol :lol

Just got at the favela part... its so awesome to hear the baddies scream in portuguese, with the accent and everything.
Its hard as nails though, no wonder the especial forces here has such a hard time trying to deal with them...

Tadale

Anyone else having this issue with the Scrambler perk?

If my radar starts to go fuzzy, I immediately know that someone is near me, and then it's not too hard to figure out where they are. It also means that if I'm sniping in a perch, then no one with scrambler can really sneak up on me. I like the idea of Scrambler, but I've given up on using it because I feel like it's giving me away.

Tadale said:
What's the hardest level on Veteran? The Favela stage early in the game was giving me a little trouble.
Yeah that's probably the worst one for me too. Overall I wouldn't say any of them are overly challenging, though, as it's a simple matter of clearing out every area now.

bjscott05

Tadale said:
Anyone else having this issue with the Scrambler perk?

If my radar starts to go fuzzy, I immediately know that someone is near me, and then it's not too hard to figure out where they are. It also means that if I'm sniping in a perch, then no one with scrambler can really sneak up on me. I like the idea of Scrambler, but I've given up on using it because I feel like it's giving me away.

That is why I stopped using it. I was able to realize someone was around and I gained the advantage.

Mik2121

Speaking about the Favela... it's becoming my most HATED level in MP. It's just way too hectic, and the heartbeat sensor pretty much shows you all the players in the level! :(

Thanks god I have the ninja perk, otherwise I would be angry as fuck seeing how people could find me even if I were hiding!.

Btw, this is my current build:

- Primary: SCAR-H + Red dot

- Secondary: PP-2000

- Equipment: Tactical Insertion

- Special Grenade: Flash Grenade x2

- Perk 1: Scavenger Pro

- Perk 2: Cold-Blooded (dunno how to unlock Pro)

- Perk 3: Ninja

- Death Streak: Final Stand

Thanks to Scavenger Pro, I never need to switch to my secondary weapon, so I have not unlocked anything for it yet! :lol

I also unlocked the M16A4 recently, and I have another custom class that's the same as above but with the M16A4, so I switch to it to unlock stuff for it.

Mik2121 said:
Speaking about the Favela... it's becoming my most HATED level in MP. It's just way too hectic, and the heartbeat sensor pretty much shows you all the players in the level! :(
I also don't like how players can get atop of most rooftops.
I'm about nine levels away from getting my M16. I can't wait.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Earned my first AC 130 today! <3

Riot Shield is awesome <3 People have no clue how to approach it. Once you crouch and don't move, it's like shooting at a wall. :lol

^

Also, using the Riot Shield is how you unlock the Blunt Trauma title.

benjirun

Trumpet909 said:
Is anyone else having trouble staying together with a party online? We have a group of 8 guys trying to do Ground War, but every time we go to join a game 1-2 people not join (different people each time), or the game lobby will just close when it tries to throw us into another game.

Yeah, we are having this same problem on the 360. I thought it may have something to do with the NAT but there doesn't seem to be any commonality to support that (the person to get booted could be OPEN, MODERATE, or STRICT). We typically just have to back out and try again; after a few tries we usually all get in -- it is very annoying.

Y2Kev said:
I'm afraid to give up stopping power for cold blooded. Is it worth it?

yes.

especially on hardcore. I feel really sorry/pissed at people who dont use it on hardcore. With the thermal sensor you can spotted across the map easily. Add stingers and you can neutralize choppers/harrier/UAVS without worry

Facism

ExtraKr1spy said:
yes.

especially on hardcore. I feel really sorry/pissed at people who dont use it on hardcore. With the thermal sensor you can spotted across the map easily. Add stingers and you can neutralize choppers/harrier/UAVS without worry

Yup. Every game i've played i've never let the other team use their killstreak rewards because of cold blooded.

So just like in the last couple games, I pretty much exclusively play Headquarters, and I'm realizing that there are a number of maps that must not come up in the rotation. I suppose it's possible that I've just managed to miss them, but at this point I doubt it.

Is there a list of which maps appear in each playlist?

divisionbyzorro said:
So just like in the last couple games, I pretty much exclusively play Headquarters, and I'm realizing that there are a number of maps that must not come up in the rotation. I suppose it's possible that I've just managed to miss them, but at this point I doubt it.

Is there a list of which maps appear in each playlist?
In my search to find such information, I found this instead.

COD4 was/is a truly excellent online multiplayer game whilst MW2 is CRAP. This isnt my opinion it is FACT.

(Anyone that disagrees with the above statement suffers from a lack of 1st person shooter ability, skill and just general co-ordination. Thus the reason why this abomination of a sequal which has eradicated any element of skill from the game appeals to them so much). It is the only logical conclusion that can be made.

No matter what the sequel, even if it greatly approves upon the original, you'll always have those people who think the predecessor is better than the second game.

JB1981

chandoog said:
Wow.

Second Sun has probably some of the best lighting effects i've seen in a video game till date, so awesome.

Yea I was really impressed with that level. I caught myself saying "oh my god" quite a few times. I think it was just the whole scenario that got me, being an American and all. These guys really know how to get your blood boiling.

.nimrod

it seems like everyday there are more and more campers. it's gotten so far that most of the time it's absolutey silent.
that should not happen in a call of duty game >:|

and with that many people online on the ps3, why doesn't the matchmaking fill up the lobbies?
in most TDM games are only 8-10 players

Matchmaking is worse than CoD4. I've waited more in lobbies in a week's time of MW2 than in TWO YEARS (and 500 hours) of playing MW1. Also, the map selection is fucking wonky, I swear I always get the same 8 maps.

DMeisterJ

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
Matchmaking is worse than CoD4. I've waited more in lobbies in a week's time of MW2 than in TWO YEARS (and 500 hours) of playing MW1. Also, the map selection is fucking wonky, I swear I always get the same 8 maps.

The map selection is weird. When you first start it will be on a map (Say Estate) then when you find a match, it will change (say, to Quarry), then if you don't have 8 it will matchmake again and change again.

I wish it was more like Killzone where the maps all played in rotation, but you could vote for which map you want to play next.

Rad Agast

Foliorum Viridum said:
Yeah that's probably the worst one for me too. Overall I wouldn't say any of them are overly challenging, though, as it's a simple matter of clearing out every area now.

Wait, does that work in all levels of the game? No infinite respawn?

Top Bottom