• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

-Amon-

Ps3 patch 1.04 download fails with error 503 multiple times here ( europe, italy )

Anybody else ? I know of other Italians in the same boat.

There should be negative points for people leaving a game. I'm so sick of people bailing out because they're behind by a few points in the first minute of the game.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Tkawsome said:
There should be negative points for people leaving a game. I'm so sick of people bailing out because they're behind by a few points in the first minute of the game.
They don't get any match bonus XP...which I guess is something?

GeeDuhb

DeuceMojo said:
I guess I've run into some extremely talented snipers. I've seen guys (from the oft-viewed killcam) take out 3 of my teammates within 5 seconds while working the Barrett with silencer. Pop, pop, pop. Maybe they were all headshots?

From experience with the .50 cal, it seems that, with stopping power on, a shot above the "heart" can 1 shot kill.

But as someone else said, Totally agree they kinda nerfed the snipers. I enjoy using them, but I am not really complaining about it. It balances it more with the silencer ability now.

-Amon- said:
Ps3 patch 1.04 download fails with error 503 multiple times here ( europe, italy )

209og9h.gif

A) Is that Henri Toivonen?

B) Wow, I feel truly sorry for people that can't play this thing non-stop online. That should be a Constitutional right.

Tkawsome said:

That would be people leaving to join the friends party, blame removal of party chat on that as now I have to leave to join them otherwise they go into a match and I cant speak to them to say dont wait for me etc, once mines finished we are all out of synch so im either sat there for twenty mins or vice versa with no fast way to communicate.
I dont make a habit of doing mind you.

vehn

Foliorum Viridum said:
Search and Destroy is absolutely boosting my XP to an insane level.

I really miss the Hardcore version of it though. Why is that gone?

how do you get so much XP from it? Whenever I tried S&D it wouldn't give that much from winning, and a death early in the round means you're sitting there doing nothing for a long time

-Amon-

DeuceMojo said:
209og9h.gif

A) Is that Henri Toivonen?

B) Wow, I feel truly sorry for people that can't play this thing non-stop online. That should be a Constitutional right.

A: No, Chris Amon, kiwi pilot who drove for Ferrari in the the late sixties among other remarkable things ( one of them being building an f1 team from scratch )

B: Not really non_stop, after a day of work i'd really like to test that perk combo that came to my mind in the morning :(

Leunam

practice02 said:
Am I the only one that feels like Modern Warfare series is to be the american version of Metal Gear?

I thought the same thing when I fought Pistol Badger on top of the Harrier over the sub.

Manp

-Amon- said:

same here, error code 503 or 504.

what a mess of a launch... :|

:)

Leunam said:
I thought the same thing when I fought Pistol Badger on top of the Harrier over the sub.

Wait is this really a thing? I mean I know you're joking but it's almost believable that they would do something like this.

(I don't have the game, and I still don't understand why this game such a Big Deal for everyone)

Leunam

HappyBivouac said:
Wait is this really a thing? I mean I know you're joking but it's almost believable that they would do something like this.

(I don't have the game, and I still don't understand why this game such a Big Deal for everyone)

Nothing remotely near that happens. That would be The Worst Thing.

Hellion

practice02 said:
Am I the only one that feels like Modern Warfare series is the american version of Metal Gear?

*Raises Hand*

The cave scene where the soldiers run past as you hide...MGS4

Also didn't Kojima visit infinity ward...:lol

ultron87

Leunam said:
Nothing remotely near that happens. That would be The Worst Thing.

I'd almost kind of appreciate it. I think I've already reached the point for MW where you just kind of strap in and ride along on the developers insanity train.

This phenomenon is exactly how I was able to enjoy MGS4.

The whole
I'm a general, I have a shadow mercenary group at my disposal, a world at war is the best thing that's ever happened to me
stuff gave me a Big Boss vibe. That, and the convoluted as all hell plot featuring more twists than a packed of twizzlers. I now await MW3's horrible attempt at wrapping all of this shit up, ala MGS4.

Hellion said:
*Raises Hand*

The cave scene where the soldiers run past as you hide...MGS4

Also didn't Kojima visit infinity ward...:lol
I forgot about that.
also the whole they become fugitives and the rescuing his mentor stuff all scream Kojima
ultron87 said:
I'd almost kind of appreciate it. I think I've already reached the point for MW where you just kind of strap in and ride along on the developers insanity train.

This phenomenon is exactly how I was able to enjoy MGS4.
It won't get that crazy.

So what do you get for hitting the prestige button?

New titles?
New emblems?

do we get to make more than one class like on WaW or was that an Treyarch thing?

Stillmatic

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
http://twitter.com/ATVI_Amber

"1.04 - Network functionality related to friend invites; may not work until we finish some back end config"

Perfect. :) It was getting to be too much of a chore doing the log out trick every time.

UFRA

-Amon- said:
They put up a patch to download for the clients before finishing the work on the server side ?

WTF ?

Really ?

Well it's not like 1.04 is harming anything, they're just getting it all ready.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Dude,
you watch an astronaut get killed by a nuclear shockwave, all the while seeing this from his view
. It was a kuwabara-kuwabara away from being totally Kojima.
How does that compare to a fucking man who controls bees? or clones? and one of those clones being president, Cyborgs and bi-pedal attack robots?

Leunam

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Dude,
you watch an astronaut get killed by a nuclear shockwave, all the while seeing this from his view
. It was a kuwabara-kuwabara away from being totally Kojima.

I don't think that's over the top at all, certainly not as batshit crazy as
a full shadow army operating in secret.

minx

GeeDuhb said:
Not that I am aware of. I was really hoping they would implement it, because Treyarch did a pretty good job at doing one for W@W last year...but alas...

Ummmmm welcome to 2 years ago? :p

Did you not play CoD4? This was my most hated aspect of the entire game. The M16 was the most overpowered, overused gun in the entire game. Maybe it was just me, but when I, along with hordes of other people, were complaining about the gun early on, I could swear that they actually INCREASED the power of the fucking gun. Fucking 1 shot kills, IN THE LEG, to where people wouldn't even pull the trigger a second time, cause they are were so confident it would be a 1-hit kill...

You'd think they would have learned...NOT. Just look at the fucking Famas...it is probably as powerful, with LESS recoil, if that is even possible.

So, the other night, all the sudden I start getting owned by this guy with a gun...thought, MAN, he is really good with that M4. After a little while, I actually watched the killcam and realized there was the M16, back in full glory. The only difference...people have to wait until level 40 to get it this time around...WTF IW? It almost seems like it can fire faster this time around, if at all possible...

I guess they are just trying to cater to the Battle Riffle lovers from Halo...
When I was using the m16 I actually felt as though I wasn't getting as many one burst kills. But when I put a holographic site on with a silencer, I tore shit up. Went 50-9 on wasteland, and I used to HATE that map.

Leunam said:
I don't think that's over the top at all, certainly not as batshit crazy as
a full shadow army operating in secret.
but it isn't a shadow army you forget that they (the army under general shepards control) are all under the impression that captain price launched that missile and the rest 141 are in cahoots!

practice02 said:
but it isn't a shadow army you forget that they (the army under general shepards control) are all under the impression that captain price launched that missile and the rest 141 are in cahoots!

Dude, they're literally called a
shadow army
. It's in the game. That's IW telling you that, not us. :lol

As for the
astronaut
part, what I meant was that it was just nuts to see that in a game. It reminded me of when Psycho Mantis was reading my memory card. It was a very unique experience that could only happen in a videogame, really.

cameltoe

anyone else have a problem with the ninja perk? When using it, dudes are still finding me with the HBS....killcam shows the dot on his screen...

GeeDuhb

MidnightRider said:
So what do you get for hitting the prestige button?

New titles?
New emblems?

do we get to make more than one class like on WaW or was that an Treyarch thing?

I have been wondering the same thing...I am not holding my breath, as quite a few (most?) of the really good little tweeks Treyarch implemented were not included...

Stillmatic

cameltoe said:
anyone else have a problem with the ninja perk? When using it, dudes are still finding me with the HBS....killcam shows the dot on his screen...
Yep i've had that too. I wondered how the hell they anticipated me coming, all of a sudden i see my position on the HBS. It could just be a killcam thing though, where it shows the beep for you because it was you, but doesn't show for the actual player? I don't know. :/

UFRA

Stillmatic said:
Yep i've had that too. I wondered how the hell they anticipated me coming, all of a sudden i see my position on the HBS. It could just be a killcam thing though, where it shows the beep for you because it was you, but doesn't show for the actual player? I don't know. :/

What version are you guys playing on?

Top Bottom