• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Az

Level 8 Boss said:
Can anyone answer this question, why do I suck?

I was really good at COD4, easily getting airstrikes, choppers etc. Not sure if it's in part due to my lack of knowledge (and love) of the maps, or having the wrong set ups, but really I've degreaded so much.

Scar -
Bling - red dot and silencer
Cold blooded
Steady aim

Or sometimes I 'go loud' and opt for Sleight of hand, but still suck.

It's so infuritating, I need to keep my cool, as the more I die, the more frustrated I get, and the worse I play.

On another note, SP of MW1 is far superior and memorable. Coherent, consistent plot. Great set pieces.

Depends what you are playing and what your style is. If just playing regular TDM, get rid of cold-blooded and pick stopping power. I have slight of hand - stopping power - steady aim with the M4 and I am doing pretty well. And you have all of this pretty much at the beginning.

xxjuicesxx said:
Got my first nuke, on Favela.

FAL bling noob tube and holographic (holographic is ridiculous, dont get why people choose red dot over it) secondary shotgun with Hardlines and Steady Aim.

Went Attack Attack Copter to Chopper Gunner to Nuke. Only had to get like 8 actual kills :lol

Ended 25-4. So amazing.

Because its the best? Red dot is superior from an aiming standpoint. It has the most minimal view interference in comparison to Holographic and ironsights. The whole point of aiming assistance is to improve accuracy. Ironsights take up too much of the screen and you have to focus too hard on where your shot goes. Holographic is good, but the red dot is too large as is the entire object. Red Dot has the smallest interference which gives you more visibility to make your shots.

Spydy

Banned
Was starting to really get annoyed with the lag. Thankfully, I'm not losing my touch. Hosted around 6 games last night and totally domintated 5 of them. Hit a 33-5 on Favela and a 20 kill streak on Underpants.

I go undetected while on Hardcore TDM pretty much all the time.

SCAR-H, Silencer, HoloSight, Bling-Pro, Cold-Blooded, Ninja Pro, Silenced AA-12, Semtex.

I've been trying out other Assault Rifles as they become unlocked, the best being the ACR, but always revert back to SCAR. The TAR-21 would be incredible if it was slightly more accurate. The AK-47 looks like fun. Currently unlocking the FAL.

Dyno

NameGenerated said:
Afghan: Mid
Derail: Long
Estate: Mid/Long
Favela: Short/Mid
Highrise: Mid
Invasion: Short/Mid
Karachi: Short
Quarry: Mid
Rundown: Mid/Long
Rust: Short
Scrapyard: Short
Skidrow: Mid
Terminal: Short
Underpass: Mid/Long
Wasteland: Long

I'm no master, but that's what I think so far.

Thanks for the help dude!

PS3 Tag : Dynovac

Spydy said:
Was starting to really get annoyed with the lag. Thankfully, I'm not losing my touch. Hosted around 6 games last night and totally domintated 5 of them. Hit a 33-5 on Favela and a 20 kill streak on Underpants.

Hmmm

Level 8 Boss said:
Can anyone answer this question, why do I suck?

I was really good at COD4, easily getting airstrikes, choppers etc. Not sure if it's in part due to my lack of knowledge (and love) of the maps, or having the wrong set ups, but really I've degreaded so much.

Scar -
Bling - red dot and silencer
Cold blooded
Steady aim

Or sometimes I 'go loud' and opt for Sleight of hand, but still suck.

It's so infuritating, I need to keep my cool, as the more I die, the more frustrated I get, and the worse I play.

First of all how is silenced play working out? I started this game with a 2.8 ratio on launch night, jumped on a scar silenced class and ended up falling to a 1.7 in the span of a few days. Silenced play isn't for me. I've adapted to other teams knowing my location and using UAV. I've actually used it to my advantage by knowing that they are coming to me. It only works out badly for me in ridiciulous situations like being around multiple people in Favela, but in more typical map layouts I stick to a team, watch my corners and decide to flank when I see the opportunity.

Since jumping on my new loud class I've gotten back up to a 1.93 in one day and fully expect to be somewhere around 2 point something when I decide to play it again (AC2, L4D2, and DA right now!).

Just learn how to move around the map and don't be afraid to go loud. Stick with your team and hit the spots you know are soft, don't move around corners without scanning them, and try to ADS as often as possible so your in a position to return fire if surprised. Also put serious thought into your killstreak rewards. I don't even bother with UAV anymore. My teammates get it so often that it's a waste of my time and kills to keep getting it. I go straight to Predator at 5 kills and it seems like as long as I can get a 5 kill streak I'm without a doubt unlocking a pave low which has helped tons.

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
xxjuicesxx said:

FAL bling noob tube and holographic (holographic is ridiculous, dont get why people choose red dot over it) secondary shotgun with Hardlines and Steady Aim.

Went Attack Attack Copter to Chopper Gunner to Nuke. Only had to get like 8 actual kills :lol

Ended 25-4. So amazing.

that 0-4 start got you AMPED :lol

cameltoe

xxjuicesxx said:

Ended 25-4. So amazing.

So you got the nuke but didnt drop that bad boy?

Dark FaZe said:
Just learn how to move around the map and don't be afraid to go loud. Stick with your team and hit the spots you know are soft, don't move around corners without scanning them, and try to ADS as often as possible so your in a position to return fire if surprised. Also put serious thought into your killstreak rewards. I don't even bother with UAV anymore. My teammates get it so often that it's a waste of my time and kills to keep getting it. I go straight to Predator at 5 kills and it seems like as long as I can get a 5 kill streak I'm without a doubt unlocking a pave low which has helped tons.

That's what's so great about this game. Almost any set-up can work if you play it right. I'm a fan of non-silenced play myself, but I can totally see how people love it.

Spydy said:
As in this game has huge lag issues if your not hosting.

Yea, So many times I've shot the shit out of someone and it doesn't show up on the killcam, or someone just pops up and insta kills me and the killcam instead shows them looking at me for a half hour before putting me out of my misery. I don't remember COD4 ever being this terrible with the lag.

vehn

So how exactly do you unlock the costumes such as the ghillie suit for the sniper? I've chosen the sniper rifle for my main weapon but it seems I still have the regular character model.

Spydy said:
As in this game has huge lag issues if your not hosting.

Host advantage is very apparent especially in killcam footage when somehow I shoot someone twice that REGISTER on my reticle yet the footage shows I did not hit them at all and they just murder me. Oh look for some reason that same person is on top of the score board.

The game can get very laggy, lot laggier than COD4 was in general and host advantage is pronounced now.

Darkflight said:
Just remembered: I watched a guy die, then respawn and then kill me on a killcam yesterday - That was interesting.
This kind of stuff happens all the time. Last night I was at the very back of Terminal (like where the A territory is in Domination) moving behind the enemy team to try and take a few of them out so I could move in and I immediately get knifed from behind. I watch the kill cam and saw the enemy die and then spawn literally 5 feet behind me.

vehn said:
So how exactly do you unlock the costumes such as the ghillie suit for the sniper? I've chosen the sniper rifle for my main weapon but it seems I still have the regular character model.
Usually depends on the map.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Sigh.

Grenades and snipers everywhere.

And now I find myself camping because it seems like the only way I can get a higher killstreak than five. :/

Max

I am not Max
backflip10019 said:
This kind of stuff happens all the time. Last night I was at the very back of Terminal (like where the A territory is in Domination) moving behind the enemy team to try and take a few of them out so I could move in and I immediately get knifed from behind. I watch the kill cam and saw the enemy die and then spawn literally 5 feet behind me.
Tactical Insertion

Darkflight said:
Just remembered: I watched a guy die, then respawn and then kill me on a killcam yesterday - That was interesting.

My favorite is being killed and respawning close to my dead body, while it's still falling to the ground :lol

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
Valkyr Junkie said:
Or 1-4 since he had Hardline.

Or he was merciful and taunted before dispatching the nuke.

I was giving him one kill from the nuke with hardline. :lol

holey story, batman!

ToyMachine228 said:
I've never been so frustrated with a multiplayer game, ever. The no party chat in simple team deathmatch thing is ridiculous. No one works together in plain Team Deathmatch no matter how much you try to encourage it. They just talk shit to each other. That's the XBL community.

That's why I went into the dash and changed my voice settings to Friends-only, globally. No more shit talk, and I am apparently no longer a "nigger" or a "jew".

Ten-Song

Max said:
Tactical Insertion

That thing can really backfire some times. Last night I killed a guy RIGHT after he placed it, and he was helpless when he came back as I just instantly knifed him. :lol

Darkflight said:

I think its from getting headshots with sniper rifles. As you complete those challenges you get new camo suits. I think the urban camo was at 30, only one i remember getting.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
beermonkey@tehbias said:
That's why I went into the dash and changed my voice settings to Friends-only, globally. No more shit talk, and I am apparently no longer a "nigger" or a "jew".
please explain where you can do this.. i tried but it said i wasn't a child account under family settings..is there a nother location you can do this?

bloodydrake said:
please explain where you can do this.. i tried but it said i wasn't a child account under family settings..is there a nother location you can do this?

I think its view profile, edit privacy settings, or something like that. A very convoluted place to find it, it took me like 5 minutes of fliiping through pages.

bloodydrake said:

Go to Profile in MyXBOX I think, then edit profile then Voice settings.

So what's the deal with the claymores in this game?

Sometimes I'll see them glitch & spark (I'm assuming nearby explosions and stun grenades now temporary effect them), but sometimes I'll see someone walk over them in their normal state, hear the trigger, then watch then explode 2 seconds later, long after they've left it's blast radius. Other times I'll see someone standing right in it's trigger zone and gun me down without it going off. Damn things are like a scorn girlfriend at times.

Is it a lag thing? It's driving me nuts how random and often useless they are.

ThirstyFly said:
So what's the deal with the claymores in this game?

Sometimes I'll see them glitch & spark (I'm assuming nearby explosions and stun grenades now temporary effect them), but sometimes I'll see someone walk over them in their normal state, hear the trigger, then watch then explode 2 seconds later, long after they've left it's blast radius. Other times I'll see someone standing right in it's trigger zone and gun me down without it going off. Damn things are like a scorn girlfriend at times.

Is it a lag thing? It's driving me nuts how random and often useless they are.

Scrambler Pro. Delays claymores.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Pyke Presco said:
I think its view profile, edit privacy settings, or something like that. A very convoluted place to find it, it took me like 5 minutes of fliiping through pages.
THANKYOU!
gotta tell everyone i regularly play with cause everyone hates the lack of party chat. Listening to 10year olds yell,cuz,sing during intermission and during load screen is driving everyone batty.

Game should just have a default option to always mute other team..well they should just give us back our party chat and mute people that are in a same party and on opposite teams during a match would have been better then breaking party chat.

divisionbyzorro said:
Scrambler Pro. Delays claymores.

Ah. Working on unlocking that now. I'll have to watch the killcam next time someone shoots me in the face while standing on my claymore and see if that's what they're using.

Spydy

Banned
-Amon- said:
So why brag about your uber victories while hosting then ?

"Was getting really annoyed with the lag". I enjoyed the game for the first time since launch and my general poor show is down to lag and not my skill. Thought I'd share the happiness.

How do I make sure I'm on the same team as my friend in Team Deathmatch? It's annoying when they scramble the teams after ever game. Will it keep us together if we're in the same Party?

chubigans said:
Hey guys, who wants some MW2 Gamerpics (Gamestop 360 reservation bonus)?

The first person to guess my favorite gun in the game so far (which uses the heartbeat sensor and holographic sight) wins.

Scar-H

R2D4

Banned
I never realized you could shoot down Helicopters and Harriers with a Predator Missile until I did it last night. Awesome.

chubigans said:
Hey guys, who wants some MW2 Gamerpics (Gamestop 360 reservation bonus)?

The first person to guess my favorite gun in the game so far (which uses the heartbeat sensor and holographic sight) wins.
Edit: Never mind.

dagZ

is there a website or forum thread on IW that people have been trying out how to get different Callsigns and Emblems?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
J Tourettes said:
:lol

Thanks! Erm just realised these were given out with Gamestop, will they work with a UK account?
I have no idea, let me know though. If they don't I'll just pass them along to someone else.

bdouble

Hanmik said:
What gamemodes do you play..? are there any good one´s for fast leveling..? In CoD4 i played lots of HQ games for fast levels.. how about MW2..? I see that the ones on top of my friends leaderboards tend to play alot of Domination.. is that good for points or why do they play domination..?
Its not really the game mode. Its more about getting the unlocks. If you keep choosing new guns (that you aren't absolutely horrible with) and getting the bonuses for those and unlocking things you will get all that extra exp. Using different perks and what not will also help.

Top Bottom