• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Violater

j-wood said:
Can someone tell me how you are supposed to get kills with the sleight of hand perk? All it does is increase reload speed, yet it says I have to get 25 kills with it to rank it up.

This, been asking for a while.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
danielijohnson said:
Literally all you have to do is get 25 kills while using it as a perk.

Yeah, I've mastered Sleight of Hand, and I've just had it equipped all the time on my custom class. I don't think it's anything more than that.

Mogg0

Banned
Calen said:
Thing is, though, you're not watching the perspective of the other player in the killcam. You're watching the perspective of the server. We do tons of lag compensation and prediction to try to ensure that when you shoot a guy on your screen, you're actually hitting him - but from the server's point of view, you may already be dead when that is happening locally.

The way things get scheduled means that this should be happening as much to other people from their point of view as it does to you, from yours - for any reasonable spread of pings.

All nice in theory, but for us Aussies no matter how much the engine compensates, we get fucked over. Treyarch managed to help the issue by including a function that greatly increased the chances of finding a locally hosted game.

I know you've said the MW2 should cover this, but IT DOESN'T. AT ALL. It's far, far worse.

I'd really love a response, and not for you to do your usual routine of posting, and then never responding to the questions that pop up as a result. I don't mean to sound like a prick, I'm just frustrated.

So? Any chance of local search? And what about stat-tracking?

jiien

Cornballer said:
Hmmm, that's strange. I thought my Stopping Power and Sleight of Hand kill counts for challenges were accumulating at the same rate last night. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

I dunno, I thought you were right. I leveled that shit up within two matches. It was quick, so I assumed every kill was counting toward it. I didn't really pay attention.

On another topic, I think it's hilarious that since IW screwed up a few small but crucial things with the multiplayer (or so some people say, I have no problems with it), people are hailing Treyarch as a good developer that "knew what was important". When WaW came out, so many people bitched about how it's god awful, a carbon copy of MW1, they are "talentless hacks", etc. Oh internets, you make me laugh.
Not pointing out anyone specific here, just saying in general...so don't get your panties in a bunch.

Edited slightly so people don't cry.

Taurus

Ok, I'm done. Gonna sell it away.

The multiplayer works like shit and single player is almost over, and I don't even feel like finishing it. Worst pre-order purchase this gen. I hope BF: BC2 delivers.

Taurus said:

The multiplayer works like shit and single player is almost over, and I don't even feel like finishing it. Worst pre-order purchase this gen. I hope BF: BC2 delivers.

Wow! That's very surprising. Sure, SP wasn't as great as CoD4 (even if the last act is all kinds of awesome), but I'm having a great time with MP!

Taurus

hypostatic said:
Wow! That's very surprising. Sure, SP wasn't as great as CoD4 (even if the last act is all kinds of awesome), but I'm having a great time with MP!
The lag. The LAG! Not enough players, dull maps, no vehicles. I guess I just bought the wrong game this time.

Wow, I just got cheated on for the first time. I watched the killcam and the guy who killed me threw a throwing knife straight into the air and it turned into a missile, homed in on me and killed me. Wish I had a capture card so that I could have capped it. So ridiculous, let's hope this doesn't become a major problem.

I can understand some of the frustration with multiplayer. At my university, if I try to play any time during the day when theres a ton of students on campus using bandwidth, my ping drops to the floor, I'll be the only one red-barring in a room full of 4 greens, and it is literally unplayable. For people in Australia(or people using similar bandwidth restricted ISPs) I can only imagine that they basically experience the same thing I do when there's a lot of internet traffic at the school. It sucks, and it was present in CoD4 as well. Tough break, because when this game works perfectly its almost as good as CoD4 multiplayer was/is.

And yeah, I can agree that the maps are not all that great. They seem too large and too busy, I much preferred CoD4s maps. But, with the new killstreaks, you need bigger and more cluttered maps to avoid the hellfire raining down from above at all times in a match.

.GqueB.

Banned
Taurus said:
The lag. The LAG! Not enough players, dull maps, no vehicles. I guess I just bought the wrong game this time.
Impossible. I havent played since I red ringed the day I got it (ARG!!!) but there cant be a shortage of players.

danielijohnson said:
Literally all you have to do is get 25 kills while using it as a perk.

Pretty sure you have to get a kill after a reload for it to count. I do not think it as to be within any amount of time after the reload; just so long as you reload that particular gun before you get a kill.

Ten-Song

Taurus said:
9 vs 9 in 2009? Seriously?

That's plenty of people considering the map size. I don't think that just throwing in a fuck ton more dudes is any decent way to make a game's multiplayer better. I'd rather play with a balanced amount of folks than join some crazy ass server where I die every two seconds because it's impossible to spawn anywhere safe. I even tend to only stick to the ground war play list when I'm in a Xbox Live party anyways. Most of the time I like the 6v6 of team death match way more.

Also, the "no vehicles" argument is entirely stupid.

GOD THIS TEAM FORTRESS GAME DOESN'T EVEN HAVE JEEPS, IT'S SO HORRIBLE.

Ten-Song

NIN90 said:
Ugh I hate the M16. I guess I just suck with that gun.

I've heard the gun get a lot of hate, and I have no idea why. When I was steam rolling my way to get it unlocked all my friends kept telling me it was a shit gun. It is far from that, it is an awesome fucking weapon. Love using it blinged out with a red dot/holo sight and a heart beat sensor.

.GqueB.

Banned
Taurus said:
9 vs 9 in 2009? Seriously?
Ah ok. Well thats personal preference really. I find anything over 5 vs 5 to be annoying. I remember playing big team battle in halo was fun but only for a match or two. I prefer games be bit smaller in scale.

DRE Fei

I can't believe people are still complaining about camping in this game when there's a heartbeat sensor available for so many guns. It's so much quicker to unlock than the ninja perk which is the only thing that counters it.

.GqueB. said:
Ah ok. Well thats personal preference really. I find anything over 5 vs 5 to be annoying. I remember playing big team battle in halo was fun but only for a match or two. I prefer games be bit smaller in scale.
seconded

.GqueB. said:

agreed. btb in halo got to the point where it was relatively unplayable--the team dynamic fades completely with too many people, due oftentimes to the difficult that accompanies building a team of ten or more people. 9 v 9 is a relatively good compromise, though personally I think I--for the sake of teamwork--prefer smaller games, of 5 v 5 or less.

NIN90

DRE Fei said:
I can't believe people are still complaining about camping in this game when there's a heartbeat sensor available for so many guns. It's so much quicker to unlock than the ninja perk which is the only thing that counters it.

One could argue that the heart beat sensor encourages camping..
And it's goddamn stupid that there's a perk that counters exactly ONE attachement.

DRE Fei said:
except almost everyone has and is using ninja and coldblooded now effectively making UAV's and HBS's useless!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
NIN90 said:
One could argue that the heart beat sensor encourages camping..
And it's goddamn stupid that there's a perk that counters exactly ONE attachement.
Huh, the opposite is true for me. Heartbeat lets me track down the enemy and mow em' to pieces.

Full Recovery said:
Doesn't mean they're using a silencer.

All my friends are in Hardcore. It's all silenced weapons, cold blooded pro, and ninja pro. Then whatever you choose as your blue perk.

The heartbeat monitor is worthless.

NIN90

chubigans said:
Huh, the opposite is true for me. Heartbeat lets me track down the enemy and mow em' to pieces.

Or you could plant your ass in a corner and see everyone that wants to sneak up on you. :p

Full Recovery said:
Doesn't mean they're using a silencer.
yup and usually if i fire i'm trying to hit someone! I'm not saying uavs are completely useless.. in fact, im still usuing it as a killstreak. but most people aren't calling in uavs for the reasons i mentioned.

DevelopmentArrested said:
yup and usually if i fire i'm trying to hit someone! I'm not saying uavs are completely useless.. in fact, im still usuing it as a killstreak. but most people aren't calling in uavs for the reasons i mentioned.

UAV's aren't what they used to be. The second we hear a UAV going up there are at least 2 guys with Stinger rockets ready to take it down.

Sean

Banned
Andronicus said:
so how is the Online since all of the hype has blown over? i still haven't picked it up. i may tonight

I suggest picking it up quickly because new players will be at a significant disadvantage in this game. Everyone already has their guns maxed out and all the perks and stuff. The longer you wait the more frustrating it'll be as a new player.

Ten-Song

OldJadedGamer said:
UAV's aren't what they used to be. The second we hear a UAV going up there are at least 2 guys with Stinger rockets ready to take it down.

And I will be one of those people... because, fuck UAVs.

Snowden

Banned
Taurus said:

You couldn't finish a four hour campaign? Really?

You're obviously shit at games and at being a person.

NIN90 said:
I assume 90% of the player base doesn't even notice foot steps.

I do, 100%. I turn up my speakers very loud so I can hear the direction people are coming from. In COD4, this was the "dead silence" perk that i used all the time.

Top Bottom