• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
If i'm recharging my controller and playing at the same time i can't pull the cable out and keep playing. It doesn't sync up with my PS3 at all. Anybody else have this problem?

J-Rzez

Did anyone get some form of confirmation that Prestige mode does/does not unlock special weapons/perks yet? No more speculations, and since people are prestige, we should be able to confirm things by now.

Nizz

NinjaFridge said:
If i'm recharging my controller and playing at the same time i can't pull the cable out and keep playing. It doesn't sync up with my PS3 at all. Anybody else have this problem?
That's happened to me before. I just let it fully charge before I pull the cord out. Sucks having to play so close to the tv though.

Usually I just charge the DS3 with my PC, but sometimes I forget.

Eric WK

J-Rzez said:
Did anyone get some form of confirmation that Prestige mode does/does not unlock special weapons/perks yet? No more speculations, and since people are prestige, we should be able to confirm things by now.

Nobody is prestige ten yet. There are no weapon or perk unlocks at any prestige people have reached.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
fps fanatic said:
That's happened to me before. I just let it fully charge before I pull the cord out. Sucks having to play so close to the tv though.

Usually I just charge the DS3 with my PC, but sometimes I forget.

It was fully charged.

Ten-Song

Ramirez said:
So do you lose all of your emblems and titles if you Prestige as well? Seems kind of dumb to reset those too...

I believe I saw a tip during a loading screen that says you keep that stuff, and that going prestige can earn you new ones to boot.

Spy

Ramirez said:
So do you lose all of your emblems and titles if you Prestige as well? Seems kind of dumb to reset those too...
You don't lose your accolades, emblems, or titles when you prestige.

Sean

Banned
So is it true that going Prestige allows you to use 4 perks instead of 3? Do you get to pick any perk for the fourth slot or what?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Sean said:
So is it true that going Prestige allows you to use 4 perks instead of 3? Do you get to pick any perk for the fourth slot or what?

It is. Only if you prestige within the first 12 days of release though

Ten-Song

Sean said:

No, building a class in terms of weapons and perk load outs does not change, you just get some new challenges (I think?) and a fancy new emblem next to your gamer tag.

Sean

Banned
Ten-Song said:
No, building a class in terms of weapons and perk load outs does not change, you just get some new challenges (I think?) and a fancy new emblem next to your gamer tag.

Oh, screw that then. Seems pretty pointless.

GodofWine

1) Shooting down all things that can shoot you should = A KILL (though big points for this is nice)

2) Game is tight, fun , fast...but I can't imagine buying another COD game if they don't figure out a way to bring something new to the table...BF2 just looks so damned fun with its tanks and big maps. COD8:MW2 needs to be the step forward that COD4 was.

d0c_zaius

GodofWine said:
1) Shooting down all things that can shoot you should = A KILL (though big points for this is nice)

2) Game is tight, fun , fast...but I can't imagine buying another COD game if they don't figure out a way to bring something new to the table...BF2 just looks so damned fun with its tanks and big maps. COD8:MW2 needs to be the step forward that COD4 was.

shooting down NPCs should not be a kill. I could see it mayyyyybe for piloted vehicles but even then I think thats a big stretch.

Yeef

So apparently knife kills with the Tactical Knife count as kills with that pistol. I didn't know that. I just completed a marksman challenge without ever firing a bullet.

GodofWine said:
No way. What would be nice, though, is if you manage to kill someone piloting a vehicle you should be able to pick up the laptop and take control of the vehicle.

Sean said:

For my 4th perk I use...

l1_g_dolbyhphone.jpg

Nelo Ice

Banned
getting nukes are so satisfying :D
just got my 2nd one on highrise and it was especially helpful that the team was pinned down in one of the office buildings and they kept coming in range of my chopper gunner :lol :lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I really hate the P90. Its rate of fire is insane, it just doesn't feel like it's doing any damage when I'm shooting people.

Nelo Ice

Banned
vatstep said:
I really hate the P90. Its rate of fire is insane, it just doesn't feel like it's doing any damage when I'm shooting people.

p90 is awesome!
i mow down fools easy with a silencer when im not on a knifing spree with my rushdown class :lol

For the first few days I could take anyone down with my FAMAS (red dot, silencer) from any distance. Now with the same gun I'm pumping three or four bursts into their chests before they die...feels like something changed.

bdouble

vatstep said:
I love the high fire rate just like the Vector. Makes me miss my G36 double tap build though.

Smokey

Cerrius said:
Anytime I call in a Pave Low it gets shot down within the first 15 - 20 seconds :lol

wait am i missing something?

everytime i try and shoot down a pave low the shit misses even w/ lock on.

The aircrafts (AC130, maybe Pave Low?) have flares that they release during the first few lock ons. When you're in an AC130 or something, you will hear the beep that tells you you're being locked on, and you'll hear the flares shoot out afterwards. I think it does this like twice before your plane gets shot down. I'm pretty sure only the Harrier can get instantly shot down, the others generally take two or more shots.

jiien

TheFreshPrince said:
As someone who hardly played any MW1 multiplayer....what are 'good' stats for Team Deathmatch? How many kills/deaths?

Thanks!

Well, if you can manage to keep a 1.0 (meaning you kill as many people as you die) then I think that is respectable. And at the very least, in TDM, you are contributing as much as you're hurting the team. Which is all that matters. If you're on my team, I don't care if you go 2 and 0, I just care that you aren't hurting my team. So just be even, at the least.

My friends and I all maintain 2.0's, at least, but we have extensive experience playing this series.

bdouble

TheFreshPrince said:
As someone who hardly played any MW1 multiplayer....what are 'good' stats for Team Deathmatch? How many kills/deaths?

Thanks!
I was never big on k/d. I was actually probably negative when I played mw1 but that was mostly HC TDM or domination. If your having fun who cares.

As for each game really as long as you are positive in TDM you are helping your team. I'm really impatient and always moving so makes me really streaking. Sometimes I will anticipate and wipe out 10 guys and get a very positive game. 20 kills and 10 deaths or w/e. The next game I might go 9 and 20. Just find a niche for your setup that you like and go with it. From there start experimenting with other stuff and once you learn the maps you will see the scores improve.
FromTheFuture said:
. I'm pretty sure only the Harrier can get instantly shot down, the others generally take two or more shots.
Not with stingers and stopping power.

Kibbles

FromTheFuture said:
The aircrafts (AC130, maybe Pave Low?) have flares that they release during the first few lock ons. When you're in an AC130 or something, you will hear the beep that tells you you're being locked on, and you'll hear the flares shoot out afterwards. I think it does this like twice before your plane gets shot down. I'm pretty sure only the Harrier can get instantly shot down, the others generally take two or more shots.
So you don't have to press anything to use the flares?

Robot 492

Banned
My friend and I just beat the last two Spec Ops missions (currently at 63/69 total). What a rush.

For the one where you have to kill 10 juggernauts with only knives and explosives, we ran in a house and went to a small back room. Then we let them get close, I knifed them, he revived me, I knifed them again, and repeat. It took a while, but it was actually pretty easy. And for the last one, we just camped in a corner with sniper rifles and picked them off as they came. Spec-Ops is so much fun.

rass

haha my K:D is pathetic,
I have fun though so I don't really care. The other night I had a game 19 Kills:3 Deaths, but then I often hit a bad streak and get 4 kills:14 deaths.
I hate camping so I always get cleaned up when I'm running around with my ninja class.

ZZMitch

Just got my first nuke today...

Camping in the estate on... estate with a W2000 silenced... Got 7 kills with a sniper... my harrier got me to 11 and my chopper gunner took me to 24... One snipe later I was at the nuke lol. Seemed too easy.

rass

ZZMitch said:
Just got my first nuke today...

Camping in the estate on... estate with a W2000 silenced... Got 7 kills with a sniper... my harrier got me to 11 and my chopper gunner took me to 24... One snipe later I was at the nuke lol. Seemed too easy.
I thought killstreak rewards didn't count towards killstreak?

I'm really wondering what games you guys are playing where you say you all are getting all these Chopper and Harrier kills. These things go down instantly in every single game I'm playing. Are you guys making new PSN accounts to reset your rank? Is there some special search you're doing that teams you against nothing but new players?

I'm seriously at a loss here.

ZZMitch

OldJadedGamer said:
I'm really wondering what games you guys are playing where you say you all are getting all these Chopper and Harrier kills. These things go down instantly in every single game I'm playing. Are you guys making new PSN accounts to reset your rank? Is there some special search you're doing that teams you against nothing but new players?

I was playing Team Deathmatch Express... and I just got lucky I guess. My harrier did get shot down, after I got 4 or 5 kills with it :lol

Narag

OldJadedGamer said:

Mostly for me its against teams that aren't adaptable. I'm usually the guy that semtexes a wall for a quick class change to take stuff down myself.

jiien

Narag said:
Mostly for me its against teams that aren't adaptable. I'm usually the guy that semtexes a wall for a quick class change to take stuff down myself.

Or use the One Man Army perk :p

Edit: I'm an idiot, forgot it replaces your secondary...carry on then xD

Another Edit: Also, anyone ever grenade launcher any air support? I'd imagine it's hard as hell to do, but I know that at least in single player/spec ops, it's possible. A friend and I were playing through a Spec Ops mission, and had a tough time taking out a helicopter with the RPGs (hate how they don't lock, and they just kept missing even though we were firing directly at the damn thing). So in frustration, my friend used his grenade launcher, and took it out in one hit O.O Anyway, we ended up dying anyway later in the stage, but when doing the level over again, we took that damn heli out quick.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Wow, just had a flawless game and got the Highlander title. I'm not very good, so I'm pretty happy about it! Went 13-0 on Afghan... I was on the move the entire match, too — the other team was just terrible.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
TheFreshPrince said:

Thanks!

There's only one person on my friends list who has a k/d ratio > 2 and that's Eric WK. Eric is also like top 300 in total kills... of all users. He's also at the top of every leaderboard for every single game he plays. So, apart from him, it ranges from 0.75 to around 1.50. If you play TDM exclusively then anything over 1 is respectable I'd say. It's really all that matters. As someone said, at that point you're only helping your team!

Top Bottom