• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

jiien

Corran Horn said:
Reminds me of COD4 already...see a clan together = me backing out.
Fuck never been dominated so badly before

Get a clan yourself and challenge them! Of the three other guys I play with (we always play together, and have similar clan tags, though I wouldn't consider us a clan), one of them just loves trash talking. Thankfully, we play well enough to follow through, but goddamn him, he always gets people riled up.

Also, I love your handle. Grew up with those books, and though they are rather too 'young' for me now, he still remains one of my favorite heroes of all time. He was so fucking badass.
I also had a little boy crush on Mirax for the longest time ><

Changed my clan tag to GAF today. Up to Level 38. Trying to play on and off. Play a lot, but not TOO much because when I do, I get angry at all the camping, shitty maps, 12-year olds, lack of party chat, cheap deaths etc. When I play a few games here and there casually I can tolerate it a little easier.

Eric WK

RSTEIN said:
There's only one person on my friends list who has a k/d ratio > 2 and that's Eric WK. Eric is also like top 300 in total kills... of all users. He's also at the top of every leaderboard for every single game he plays. So, apart from him, it ranges from 0.75 to around 1.50. If you play TDM exclusively then anything over 1 is respectable I'd say. It's really all that matters. As someone said, at that point you're only helping your team!

:lol

I was playing pretty bad this morning. I got so frustrated I went out and bought a PS3.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Eric WK said:
:lol

I was playing pretty bad this morning. I got so frustrated I went out and bought a PS3.

hmm >.>

Eric WK
Online Joinable - Playing Modern Warfare® 2 In pre-game lobby

scoobs

RSTEIN said:
There's only one person on my friends list who has a k/d ratio > 2 and that's Eric WK. Eric is also like top 300 in total kills... of all users. He's also at the top of every leaderboard for every single game he plays. So, apart from him, it ranges from 0.75 to around 1.50. If you play TDM exclusively then anything over 1 is respectable I'd say. It's really all that matters. As someone said, at that point you're only helping your team!

Chillin' at 1.72 right now and all i play is TDM :) Must... hit... 2.0 KD ratio

Kibbles

CALLED IN MY FIRST NUKE. Finally got that off my chest. So satisfying. :lol After so many 22, 23, 24 kill streaks. Woo.

[edit] Damn, Almost got another one. After my 2nd nuke I'm going back to a normal ks set.

Game Ended, I was just about to get it. 44-2

Foob

holy shit did anyone ever use the fucking riot shield when they beta tested this game christ most annoying device in any online game ever

unomas

Banned
I'm stuck at a .92 K/D ratio playing TD exclusively, I ran up against quite a bit of lag, and seem to be running into tons of strong players as well. Hopefully once I get a few more good perks I'll be able to cross over the 1.0 mark.

R2D4

Banned
Foob said:
holy shit did anyone ever use the fucking riot shield when they beta tested this game christ most annoying device in any online game ever

Shoot their feet. Or Semtex their ass.

rass

unomas said:
I'm stuck at a .92 K/D ratio playing TD exclusively, I ran up against quite a bit of lag, and seem to be running into tons of strong players as well. Hopefully once I get a few more good perks I'll be able to cross over the 1.0 mark.
that reminds me - fuck the matchmaking in this game (360). I'm sure its awesome if you are in the states, but I'm not, I'm in Australia. Nothing like emptying a clip into some guy then watching the killcam and you apparently didn't fire your gun. I get a game with aussies maybe once/twice a week so far. Maybe if when I shot people they died my K/D would be better

Aurora

jiien said:
Also, anyone ever grenade launcher any air support? I'd imagine it's hard as hell to do, but I know that at least in single player/spec ops, it's possible.k.
It does work but fairly difficult to pull off.The good thing is that they cannot be flared.

jiien

Aurora said:
It does work but fairly difficult to pull off.The good thing is that they cannot be flared.

Nice. Damn, I think I'm going to run around with a nade launcher just to try and hit something...

Ten-Song

Aurora said:

The annoying thing is one grenade doesn't seem to do the trick. I can get a lucky hit on air support once with a grenade launcher, but then trying to get the second hit just makes it a waste of ammo.

Doesn't matter though as I rarely go into any of the mid to large size maps without a stinger.

Just level 19 .. I have to get Cold Blooded right now ... Also I can´t find any "Latin America" Teams.

I loved SP, It was like GoldenEye, and maybe PD for N64 But it felt just too short...

Beezy

Marathon, Lightweight, Commando and any random submachine gun with rapid fire is the most fun class to use when playing Domination. The gun doesn't even matter much because you'll hardly feel the need to use it. Whenever I wasn't sprinting around capturing bases, I was sprinting up to people and knifing them in the face. I got like 20 kills like this on Favela. :lol

Ten-Song

Beezy said:
Marathon, Lightweight, Commando and any random submachine gun with rapid fire is the most fun class to use when playing Domination. The gun doesn't even matter much because you'll hardly feel the need to use it. Whenever I wasn't sprinting around capturing bases, I was sprinting up to people and knifing them in the face. I got like 20 kills like this on Favela. :lol

I saw my roommate use a knife heavy combo early tonight, she had marathon, lightweight, and ninja on, and just used a pistol with a tactical knife. She went 22 and 2 the first match... Knife focused classes are goddamned insane.

Beezy

Ten-Song said:
I saw my roommate use a knife heavy combo early tonight, she had marathon, lightweight, and ninja on, and just used a pistol with a tactical knife. She went 22 and 2 the first match... Knife focused classes are goddamned insane.
A female that likes fps games and actually plays well? :eek:

But yeah, it is insane and fun as hell. I was gonna use throwing knifes too, but then I remembered that my aim sucks with them. I need to unlock the tactical knife, but I never use any secondary weapons besides the rocket launchers.

Ten-Song

Beezy said:
A female that likes fps games and actually plays well? :eek:

A subject that rarely tends to come up as she's better at MW2 than anyone else in the house. She already beat the game on verteran and will likely have all 1,000 achievement points within the next week. I'm struggling just trying to beat ANY level on hardened...

Beezy said:
But yeah, it is insane and fun as hell. I was gonna use throwing knifes too, but then I remembered that my aim sucks with them. I need to unlock the tactical knife, but I never use any secondary weapons besides the rocket launchers.

I want to unlock the tactical knife on some sort of side arm just because I find the animation amusing for some reason. It's less of an aggressive swing like the normal knife, and more a gentle poke. For whatever reason, I just find it funny as hell to watch someone on screen run around ultra fast just tapping people to death over and over.

When it comes to throwing knives? I only really ever use them if someone isn't moving, and I KNOW I can nail them with it... but yeah, those things are hard as hell to hit someone with.

HooCares said:
You will be invisible to thermals with cold blooded.

Think Arnold Covered in Mud.

Is that what that is? Sheeeyt, and here I thought I was just lagging or something. Yet another reason to use a silencer over thermal.

The speedster class is hilarious fun. So many knife kills and you can escape trouble when need be. I imagine it will be one of the first things they nerf because its too easy to dominate with that setup :lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
R2D4 said:
Shoot their feet. Or Semtex their ass.
A smart riot shield player will try to charge at you after being stuck with semtex — I love using marathon/lightweight, though, because you can just hightail it the other way. :lol

Also, I'm probably the only one with this stupid problem, but half the time I use a predator missile on Terminal, I fly the damn thing into the roof. Argh.

Loxley

So, having played multiplayer on both the 360 and the PC now, a few things are readily apparent;

1.) Camping is about ten times more prominent on the 360, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. It's still there on the PC side obviously, but not on anywhere near the same level.

2.) A team getting it's ass completely handed to it in modes like TDM and Domination happens way more often on the 360. The losing team fucking loses. On the PC more often than not I find that games come much closer in score.

3.) The 360 community has a serious hard-on for Harriers o_O I had a few games in a row where two were up at a time. I have yet to experience this phenomena once on the PC :D

4.) There is a blissful lack of chatter and trash-talking on the PC side. So I was surprised to see so many people with headsets (read: mics) when I hopped over to the 360.

5.) I'm better with the UMP on the 360 then on the PC. Huh.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Eric WK said:
I love that people expect them to make balance changes/fixes post-launch.

I'd say their #1 priority should be the spawning. It's incredibly frustrating to kill a guy, turn a corner, get shot by a guy, watch the killcam, and it's you killing him then he spawns next to you and shoots you. Shit is responsible for half my deaths I'd say.

Beezy

Ten-Song said:
A subject that rarely tends to come up as she's better at MW2 than anyone else in the house. She already beat the game on verteran and will likely have all 1,000 achievement points within the next week. I'm struggling just trying to beat ANY level on hardened...
Damn, that's amazing and extremely rare. :lol

bdouble

Ten-Song said:
... but yeah, those things are hard as hell to hit someone with.
Yeah but its satisfying as hell and so effective. Its saved my life a few times. Throw a desperation knife in someones face and they are shooting at you and then they die instantly. So awesome. I've gotten quite a few moving kills as well. Its just timing and arching it a bit haha.

ps. nice games tonight w/ dafish wikerman and others.

Ten-Song

bdouble said:
Yeah but its satisfying as hell and so effective. Its saved my life a few times. Throw a desperation knife in someones face and they are shooting at you and then they die instantly. So awesome. I've gotten quite a few moving kills as well. Its just timing and arching it a bit haha.

Yeah, I imagine it's most just getting used to 'em that stands in my way with them. I tend to stick to frags and semtex, so every time I switch over to knives, I just kind of struggle with them for a bit and give up. I suppose I should give it a shot when I make a marathon/lightweight class sometime soon. :lol

vatstep said:
Also, I'm probably the only one with this stupid problem, but half the time I use a predator missile on Terminal, I fly the damn thing into the roof. Argh.

You are absolutely not alone in that. I don't think I've ever killed someone with a predator in that level. Either I manage to hit through one of the windows and no one's around, or I'll get a look at someone and go after them and strike a roof uselessly.

What was worse was when I was getting used to the maps, and I got a care package, and tossed the grenade down, forgetting to look up. Eventually there was an icon on the screen telling me that there was a stealth bomber sitting on the roof. Now I am always super careful before ever calling those in.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Lionheart1827 said:
Man I finished the campaign earlier on Veteran. WAY too easy.

yah, the whole Vet campaign just took me an afternoon to beat, Mile High Club alone took me an afternoon 2 yrs ago

seems there is no infinite enemy spawning this time, it feels like playing on normal :lol

I am absolutely terrible with throwing knives, but its the only range I permit myself to use on The Blade Runner. If I were to actually use my P90/the USP as a gun instead of a fast knife, it just wouldnt be fair at all to the other team.

And damn all you people with your nukes! I'm at ~56 hours and I have not seen one yet, though I mostly play standard TDM, no objectives. I hit a 33 kill streak in Ground War the other day with an AC130 on Derail Domination, but alas, no nuke(it was the last streak I unlocked, at lvl 69). I tried with all of my might to use the nuke in those last two levels before I prestiged, and I got to 23 twice, 24 once. The 24 was also in my best game yet, playing the Blade Runner on Highrise for a game of 44-2. That shit was ridiculous. Needless to say, the first thing I did with my 6th custom slot was set it up as a permanent runner build.

Oh, and my multiplayer completion is at 141%. Thank you IW for showing me that beautiful stat, I love how much of a grind whore I am.

mYm|17|

not sure if people know this yet, but my friend told me how you can chat with your friends in all matches and not hear the other people. This is for 360

click profile > edit profile > privacy settings > and then change voice to friends only

vatstep said:
You just have to time it right. Use your predator when the other team is spawning outside, near the middle windowed hallway or in the back inside. There are a few large roof windows that you can shoot predators, AC130, etc through easily. A lot of people don't seem to know it though.

I love the FAL

Some games I get no kills, others I'm in the top 3-5 and just getting headshot after headshot..........and now I have the holographic and silencer on it, people don't know what hit them

I was playing spec ops today and i realized 50 Cent was the voice actor for the character i was playing :lol. played the mission maybe 5 or 6 times before we beat it and on the second last attempt i was like wait......is that 50 Cent??!?!

BigJonsson said:
I love the FAL

Some games I get no kills, others I'm in the top 3-5 and just getting headshot after headshot..........and now I have the holographic and silencer on it, people don't know what hit them
I can't stand the FAL with iron sights. It's fuzzy and unusable. RDS + Silencer for life.

I swapped out of my FAL callsign. It made me feel dirty and unloved.

KAOz

Short bus special
Andronicus said:
I was playing spec ops today and i realized 50 Cent was the voice actor for the character i was playing :lol. played the mission maybe 5 or 6 times before we beat it and on the second last attempt i was like wait......is that 50 Cent??!?!

Haha, awesome. On which mission? :p

He's also in the very first level in the campaign. Yelling "C'mon, c'mon, get your ass in the veichle!" after you have defended the bridge. :lol

Manus

Just beat it on Veteran and the only part that gave me trouble was when you retrieved the downloaded data and had to run to the helicopter. Took me like 50 tries to finally get there.

Top Bottom