• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

DeBurgo

xxjuicesxx said:
Why the hell does it keep saying Game Lobby Closed.
And while we're on that topic, uhh, why doesn't host migration work in some games? It's only happened to me once so far in about 9h of playtime. The rest of the time I've been just plain disconnected (usually when I was winning, frustratingly).

It makes me a little sad that they apparently have not bothered to fix some of the frustrating issues from the first games. Maybe there are reasons for some of them, but I haven't been paying attention so I don't know what they are...

Domino Theory said:
For those who manage to drop Nukes like it's raining, what are your 3 Killstreaks?

I have the Harrier, which gives me atleast couple of kills and then I pull the chopper gunner which gives me a handful. Obviously the third killstreak has to be the nuke. Hope this helps.

Arjen

Had a match yesterday were the enemy team had 3 emp's in one match, think the emp looks way cooler than the nuke, everybody's screaming where's my red dot! my hbs isn't working anymore! :lol

DRE Fei

I tried out the knife class today in domination and that shit is the motherfucking truth! It's so fun unlocking challenge bonuses simply for running around like a madman while also stabbing dudes. I had no idea commando increased melee range by that much or I would've been using that perk a lot more. I can't wait to unlock commando pro so I can start jumping out of windows and batman the shit out of these guys.

BIVIANO!

Arjen said:
Had a match yesterday were the enemy team had 3 emp's in one match, think the emp looks way cooler than the nuke, everybody's screaming where's my red dot! my hbs isn't working anymore! :lol
Funniest moment in the game so far has been a British kid genuinely freaking out over the emp effects.
xbhaskarx said:
I've played 135 multiplayer matches and I have never even seen a nuke...
I've played double that and still haven't seen one.

IMO it should give a warning someones getting close to 25 kills to get the nuke. I was doing pretty good in Domination and holding down an area our team was up by like 25 and was holding down 2 spots then all of a sudden I see a 10 second countdown and lose...

Stupid.

Nelo Ice

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
IMO it should give a warning someones getting close to 25 kills to get the nuke. I was doing pretty good in Domination and holding down an area our team was up by like 25 and was holding down 2 spots then all of a sudden I see a 10 second countdown and lose...

Stupid.

i just check the score and see if anyone looks like they have a chance at a nuke...or take down any of their killstreaks leading up to the nuke
of course the only way i can tell is if they have a next to no deaths and its clear theyre not capping points etc :lol

Aspiring

Can somebody please explain wtf just happened in the story???

I just went from chasing down Marakov to fucking US soldiers shooting me, and i have no idea why. I understand that Shepard was pissed because of what happened in Modern Warfare 1, and he wants justice, but the whole US army? WTF!!! Those last 2 chapters IMO killed the whole game in what was shaping up to be an awesome climax. WTF Infinty Ward. WTF!!!! And why am i fucking fighting in Afghanistan, and there are no fucking terrorists???? Wheres Al Queada, and suicide bombers and shit. Such an awesome game killed by crappy storytelling and the last 2 chapters.

Aspiring said:

I just went from chasing down Marakov to fucking US soldiers shooting me, and i have no idea why. I understand that Shepard was pissed because of what happened in Modern Warfare 1, and he wants justice, but the whole US army? WTF!!! Those last 2 chapters IMO killed the whole game in what was shaping up to be an awesome climax. WTF Infinty Ward. WTF!!!! And why am i fucking fighting in Afghanistan, and there are no fucking terrorists???? Wheres Al Queada, and suicide bombers and shit. Such an awesome game killed by crappy storytelling and the last 2 chapters.

This way Shepard can do whatever he wants to get rid of everyone who opposesthe American way of life. Price and soap were the only ones that knew that the airport mission was a set-up, and this could cause the whole operation to topple over.

I joined the nuke club last night!

Launched my first tactical nuke after a gigantic streak on a ground war TDM on Derail. Ended up with 49 kills and 2 deaths!

Other team was bewildered, some of them didn't know the nuke was in the game.

Mogg0

Banned
I've already broken 1 and a half controllers on this fucking game. :lol Lag is KILLING me.

This is the only point in my life I resent being Australian. Fucking reamed.

Dabanton

Aspiring said:

Did you just skip the scenes between the levels? As the storyline is clear as day.

BolognaSoup said:
How is it even remotely possible that a guy has a 730 kill streak? Top of the PS3 board (I'd imagine the 360 leaderboard might be even more absurd). There are several 500+ kill streaks. 57000 kills, 596 deaths: 95.82 ratio.

Seriously?
This kinda garbage sucks. The boosters have like 500 killstreaks 'cause they either have friends dumb enough to die this many times for them or they're so loserish that they boost with a second account. I don't know which is cheesier.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
xbhaskarx said:
I've played 135 multiplayer matches and I have never even seen a nuke...
I finally saw one last night after about 18 hours of MP. The match was pretty much over anyway, so it wasn't that annoying. And it wasn't really cool looking at all, which was kind of a bummer.

Holy shit, I just found out what the ":Museum" bonus mission is for. :lol

Go up to the main desk in the rooms and look for a red alarm. It will then say "Don't press X" press it anyway. Fight for your life. Literally.

kodt

Banned
PjotrStroganov said:
This way Shepard can do whatever he wants to get rid of everyone who opposesthe American way of life. Price and soap were the only ones that knew that the airport mission was a set-up, and this could cause the whole operation to topple over.

What I didn't understand is why would Russia honestly think that finding one dead American at the airport slaughter would be enough reason to invade the US? Wouldn't it be more likely that it was a small terrorist group working alone rather than sent by the US government to shoot up an airport....:lol

TacticalFox88 said:
Holy shit, I just found out what the ":Museum" bonus mission is for. :lol

Go up to the main desk in the rooms and look for a red alarm. It will then say "Don't press X" press it anyway. Fight for your life. Literally.
What level is this for?

Rad-

I really don't understand why they didn't add more Mercenary modes. It really is the way to go if you don't play with a party. Feels much easier too as the teams aren't as ridiculously imbalanced like in most other modes.

Sushen

Eric WK said:
And new challenges/extra custom class slot.
Still not enough. Prestige mode is an anti-achievement where I have to give up what I've earned and become shitty level 1. Considering getting to level 70 is not something you can do in an evening, I'm not even remotely interested in. I did try prestige mode with CoD4, and it was ok, but not enough to try second time.

Yeah, with the rpg at 65 and ak47 at 70 i have very little motivation to want to prestige. Especially since the ak is my favorite gun in the game.

Yeef

Tek said:
Its not about winning or losing...its how you knife people in the head...

I love knife classes
I disagree. I use the same build, but ignoring the objectives to go on a killstreak makes for a terrible played. If you just want to slaughter people play Deathmatch.

Nice video though and great music. :]

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
DRE Fei said:
I tried out the knife class today in domination and that shit is the motherfucking truth! It's so fun unlocking challenge bonuses simply for running around like a madman while also stabbing dudes. I had no idea commando increased melee range by that much or I would've been using that perk a lot more. I can't wait to unlock commando pro so I can start jumping out of windows and batman the shit out of these guys.

Yea i love it, i dont know why but its the initial build i made and played the most so far, i actually LOVE wasteland map because of this build, nothing more badass than circling the map 4~5 times getting 13ish killstreaks and win the match and end up being #1 kill/death ratio, its insane.

ColR100

Anyone able to offer me their 48hr XBL trial out of their MW2 box at all?

EU based here, so there's no free live until the end of this coming week, a PM would do nicely. Would really appreciate it if possible. :D

NJ Shlice

Can someone tell me what makes the Holographic Site different than the Red dot??

It seems to make my M16 less accurate but I see no advantages to using the Holographic

Sushen

Yeef said:
I disagree. I use the same build, but ignoring the objectives to go on a killstreak makes for a terrible played. If you just want to slaughter people play Deathmatch.

Nice video though and great music. :]
True. Running around for your own separate agenda in objective mode ruins the game for everyone else. There are already modes for killstreaks: DM & FFA.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The Spec Ops mission "High Explosive" is fucking ridiculous :lol Had a lot of fun playing that split-screen.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Running around and knifing snipers & objective campers like Ogs did is fine by me, its a team based objective but generally with standard builds, if the enemy set up a good defense, its 50/50 for the other side, a ninja coming down the rooftop and knife his way INSIDE the defense can turn the tides, as OGs' video showed toward the end.

Top Bottom