• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

J-Rzez

Graf Nudu said:
Fuck those people joining and yelling "IT'S FAVELAS, LEAVE!!" and 2-4 guys leave..

It's not just that map though, that's the thing. That happens on the majority of the maps. In law enforcement, that's called a clue IW.

Favela is awesome. One team can easily hold down A or C and the buildings in the middle make for a great war between B. Verticality in Call of Duty is fun to me, whereas I hated that kind of stuff in Halo maps.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Love Favela.

Hell I like every single map but Estate and I'm getting better at it. I had a 28-8 game of CTF last night that included a 7 kill streak with just my knife. I think I might have even captured a flag that game.

Presumably the FOV is slightly different between 4:3 and 16:9, right? Does anyone know if 16:9 misses some vertical space, or if 4:3 misses some horizontal? I'm playing on a 4:3 and feel quite cramped in. I also feel like the lack of pixels is making things a bit harder, though since I'm running at PAL anyway, it's hardly a massive jump to the 600p of "HD".

Hyunkel6

Holy sh*t, P90 is a BEAST. Red Dot + Silencer + Bling + Cold-Blooded + Steady Aim is my new favorite setup for FFA. :D

I also just unlocked the AUG-BAR (it's a LMG, I think). Is it any good?

I love Favela now too, but only when using the knife build. I throughly enjoy playing it parkour style, running rooftop to rooftop, jumping from one building into the window of the next, knifing a guy, climbing a ladder then jumping off the roof to the ground below. But playing that map with guns is just a shitshow, theres bullets coming from above, to your left, to your right, behind you, in the doorway infront...uggh. Mind you I dont play objective gametypes, just deathmatch.

Oreoleo

Hyunkel6 said:
Holy sh*t, P90 is a BEAST. Red Dot + Silencer + Bling + Cold-Blooded + Steady Aim is my new favorite setup for FFA. :D

I also just unlocked the AUG-BAR (it's a LMG, I think). Is it any good?

It is quite good. Personally I'll take the AUG over any SMG in just about any situation. LMG's can put the hurt on really easily from just about any range.

Ten-Song

J-Rzez said:
It's not just that map though, that's the thing. That happens on the majority of the maps. In law enforcement, that's called a clue IW.

Bleh, whatever. Only time leaving match making is justified is when the map shows up as Wasteland. THAT'S the only clue IW needs. Rest of the maps in the game are just fine.

RSTEIN said:
No, the AA-12 isn't overpowered. It's just that amazing.

I do agree about the knives and Commando perk being a bit overpowered. Why? Because there's lag. I love being a commando too but it can be frustrating when you see a guy run at you, shoot him up pretty good, and then he teleports in front of your face and stabs you. There's just not something right there that needs to be tweaked a bit in my opinion.

If I'm not aware of my surroundings and someone sneaks up behind me and stabs me, I deserve to die. But if I see the guy from 15 ft away, empty half a clip into him (even using P90 from the hip with steady aim pro) and then he performs Neo/Matrix type bullet dodges... I dunno. It's just off.
I think that if you catch them in the middle of their knife, it should be an instant kill, just like it's an instant kill if they hit you with the knife. They might balance it a little.

LowParry

Okay so that build for knife runs truly makes the game so much more fun now. Especially when you're able to circle around the map to stab about 4 people at a time. The knife is mightier than the gun. :lol

Dabanton

Ten-Song said:
Bleh, whatever. Only time leaving match making is justified is when the map shows up as Wasteland. THAT'S the only clue IW needs. Rest of the maps in the game are just fine.

Agree,i have to be in the right mood to play Wasteland as if the team isn't playing well,it becomes a mess,but the other maps are fantastic.

People are getting used to them now. I've noticed from playing the last few days that the team deatmatches have become much tighter affairs with more coordinated edgier,battles it's awesome.

Jagernaut

I have mixed feelings about this game. I appreciate the lack of grenade spam and martyrdom, but there seems to be more lag than MW1 and their is too much air support raining down all the time. Also the games are really momentum based, if a team gets a streak of killstreaks its hard for the other team to come back. I do like the maps except for Wasteland.

DuckRacer

Jagernaut said:
I have mixed feelings about this game. I appreciate the lack of grenade spam and martyrdom, but there seems to be more lag than MW1 and their is too much air support raining down all the time. Also the games are really momentum based, if a team gets a streak of killstreaks its hard for the other team to come back. I do like the maps except for Wasteland.
Agree about the lag part. I put 3-4 bullets into someone, they do the same to me, I die and from the killcam I see myself not firing a single shot. This happens all the time, and much more frequently than in CoD4. Really aggravating. This along with most of the MP maps ranging from mediocre to shit just makes me want to list the game on eBay.

Hyunkel6

How do we find who is the host? I tried pressing "select" as soon as the match start, but I see at least 3-4 guys with 4 full bars.

Shawsie64

Banned
Just finished the SP game and I dont know what the fuck happened in the story but it was action packed :lol

Has someone done a recap of the story?

Sushen

RSTEIN said:
No, the AA-12 isn't overpowered. It's just that amazing.
I was not that good at close quarter one-on-one in CoD4. AA-12 improved my performance in short range greatly. With SCAR+AA12, I'm covering all ranges. While I was grinding through sub-20 levels, it was only hope against high level players with all kinds of perk/equipment advantages.

Having Stay Aim as one of the first available perks was a great move as well, as it helped me break free of my habit of aiming down in cq 1-on-1.

mujahidmd

Neo Member
As a person that played COD4 till the day Modernwarfare 2 came out i have to say the maps in this game are hugggee!! If they were to keep the maps the size and COD4 maps it would be awesome

Top Bottom