• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Yocke

MMaRsu said:
Why be a dick?

I'm the dick? Either play the game or get the fuck out. I hate it when all people care about is their kill/death ratio. Go do that shit in Free for all or Team deathmatch. In Domination, get the flags.

Griffith

Banned
So after constantly running out of ammo with the scar, I decided to swap out Bling for Scavenger, and it was so damn worth it. Scavenger Pro is one of the best perks in the game. Now I just have to get used to not using a red dot sight, luckily though, the Scar's iron sights are pretty good.

Yeef

Buggy Loop said:
Running around and knifing snipers & objective campers like Ogs did is fine by me, its a team based objective but generally with standard builds, if the enemy set up a good defense, its 50/50 for the other side, a ninja coming down the rooftop and knife his way INSIDE the defense can turn the tides, as OGs' video showed toward the end.
I agree that he did a good job of clearing the area, which is what you should do with that build, but there were a couple of times that he had a chance at easy captures and just ignored them completely.

Mogg0 said:
I've already broken 1 and a half controllers on this fucking game. Lag is KILLING me.

This is the only point in my life I resent being Australian. Fucking reamed.

ng63ys.gif

adelante

kodt said:
What I didn't understand is why would Russia honestly think that finding one dead American at the airport slaughter would be enough reason to invade the US? Wouldn't it be more likely that it was a small terrorist group working alone rather than sent by the US government to shoot up an airport....:lol
Russia, already under heavy influence by Makarov's Ultranationalist, needed an excuse to invade. Instability between the two nations was brewing throughout the 5 years that preceeded MW2 and they didn't explain this clearly in the game. Boo Infinity Ward booooooooo

Mogg0 said:

Maybe the big 2012 disaster will shift Australia in between NA and Europe, where all the cool English speaking nations are. Just in time for Modern Warfare 3 to I bet.

J-Rzez

Mogg0 said:
I've already broken 1 and a half controllers on this fucking game. :lol Lag is KILLING me.

Don't worry, it's not much better in the US at times either. It feels like the game is one full second ahead a bit of the time. And kill cam, though not the sure thing, makes it "feel" even worse. Which reminds me, that has to go. I understand that IW wants to snuff out sniping in the game, but come on. Kill cam shouldn't pop up when picked off with a sniper rifle.

But yes, the lag is bad in this game. There is no excuse, zero, why this game is not in better running order, which also includes the fucking party system booting people in your party out at will, closing lobbies, whatever. To me it's a piss-poor effort on IW, and there's no excuse for it considering how insane MW1 sold. You guys should've taken the higher budget, and got help.

Narag

J-Rzez said:
Don't worry, it's not much better in the US at times either. It feels like the game is one full second ahead a bit of the time. And kill cam, though not the sure thing, makes it "feel" even worse. Which reminds me, that has to go. I understand that IW wants to snuff out sniping in the game, but come on. Kill cam shouldn't pop up when picked off with a sniper rifle.

But yes, the lag is bad in this game. There is no excuse, zero, why this game is not in better running order, which also includes the fucking party system booting people in your party out at will, closing lobbies, whatever. To me it's a piss-poor effort on IW, and there's no excuse for it considering how insane MW1 sold. You guys should've taken the higher budget, and got help.

Agreed on the killcam to an extent. Drop it to a death streak or something.

Killcam is still one of the best features in the game. If you want to be an ultra stealthy sniper, play hardcore. It's what I do when I want to take out people in complete silence.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Foliorum Viridum said:
Killcam is still one of the best features in the game. If you want to be an ultra stealthy sniper, play hardcore. It's what I do when I want to take out people in complete silence.

Pretty much.

I love killcam.

Brakara

adelante said:
Russia, already under heavy influence by Makarov's Ultranationalist, needed an excuse to invade. Instability between the two nations was brewing throughout the 5 years that preceeded MW2 and they didn't explain this clearly in the game. Boo Infinity Ward booooooooo

Yeah, Russia was itching for a war with the US. This also explains how it only took them two days to start the invasion, as they had probably prepared for it for quite some time.

MDJCM

Ending of the campaign mode was pretty lame, disappointed with the story overall, i think COD4 had much better pace, less pointless twists

luckily really enjoying multiplayer and spec-ops

Killcam is a must, it eliminates camping by forcing them to move from their spot, if they kill you and you see them kill you and then they kill you or your team again you only have yourself to blame. If you go to take them out and they take you out again, you also only have yourself to blame. Pretty sound stuff there IMO.

MDJCM

xxjuicesxx said:
Killcam is a must, it eliminates camping by forcing them to move from their spot, if they kill you and you see them kill you and then they kill you or your team again you only have yourself to blame. If you go to take them out and they take you out again, you also only have yourself to blame. Pretty sound stuff there IMO.

Yeah but it also forces everyone to play the game by running everywhere constantly, it looks silly, pure reaction time gaming

i prefer the pace of hardcore, maybe its because i want a slice of realism, but you never see a real modern war video were the allies just sprint around an area with all their gear on, runnin 'n' gunnin.

xxjuicesxx said:

I play mostly Hardcore but when I do play with my friends who are new to the game we will switch over to TDM and I love the fact that kids will assume that you are in the same spot from when you killed them in the killcam. I'll kill someone... then move to the left or right of the same exact area so they come up shooting where I was. Then I'll shoot them from the right. Then they come back and shoot there and I'll shoot them from the left.

I shot this one kid about 7 times in a row. I remember cause he single handily gave me all my killstreaks. I bet he was super pissed.

But I agree with others that Killcam is a crutch. A good player knows where he got shot from with or without the killcam.

whitehawk

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Precisely.

And on that note, I HATE hardcore. I always fail so hard, but with normal matches I'm usually in the top 3 players on my team.

MaizeRage25 said:
Tried out the AUG last night and immediately starting doing much better.

Thanks for the recommendation, GAF.

Haven't tried the AUG yet but did switch over to the UMP45 and noticed a night and day difference. I kept shooting when they were already dead since I was surprised how fast they were dying.

Thanks for the recommendation, GAF.

vatstep said:
I finally saw one last night after about 18 hours of MP. The match was pretty much over anyway, so it wasn't that annoying. And it wasn't really cool looking at all, which was kind of a bummer.
It's very anti-climatic. It sounds like it should be awesome. But it's not. Not at all.

Mogg0

Banned
I officially suck dick at this game. I'm woeful. How can a 1.8kd guy dive down to 1.1 in 2 weeks? And I started off with 1.6 too! Ugh. I dunno what I'm doing wrong, seriously.

Doesn't help that my pet mode, Free For All, is utterly unplayable as an Aussie. I NEVER find Aussie FFA games. I'm selling it, I'm just getting too frustrated = S

Dolla Dolla said:
It's very anti-climatic. It sounds like it should be awesome. But it's not. Not at all.

Yeah I was really looking forward to seeing the emp, I have to admit I expected all the enemies guns to explode or something (does the emp destroy any enemy helicopters or planes flying around?)

bdouble

MDJCM said:
Yeah but it also forces everyone to play the game by running everywhere constantly, it looks silly, pure reaction time gaming

i prefer the pace of hardcore, maybe its because i want a slice of realism, but you never see a real modern war video were the allies just sprint around an area with all their gear on, runnin 'n' gunnin.
Why is realism an argument against a game that isn't trying to be real. And you solved your own complaint by just playing HC. Everyone is happy.

imtehman

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
Maybe the big 2012 disaster will shift Australia in between NA and Europe, where all the cool English speaking nations are. Just in time for Modern Warfare 3 to I bet.

MW3 will be out for a year already when 2012 disaster strikes

kyo_daikun said:
Yeah I was really looking forward to seeing the emp, I have to admit I expected all the enemies guns to explode or something (does the emp destroy any enemy helicopters or planes flying around?)
EMP is pretty cool. Yes, it downs any flying vehicles in the air. It's better than a nuke, for sure.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
1000/1000 Achievement points for Modern Warfare 2 after taking a week-long break with Spec Ops - the joke is that the ONE level that we had to keep redoing was the Snatch and Grab, which is just a Charlie level - hell, I did Delta levels solo with no problems compared to S&G - the annoying thing with that level is the random Juggernaut BS - sometimes you can have just one, sometimes you can have FIVE of them come at you, even three in a row - but it was finally completed now...

Finally it can just be multiplayer-only from here on out...

Nizz

Relix said:
Mercernary TDM is so much better
My favorite mode right there. ;) I get to learn the maps well so that when I try other modes like CTF or Domination I'll have an idea of what are the best routes.

Spec-Ops is fun. I can tell some missions are gonna be a bitch on harder difficulties though.

It's amazing how quickly Domination can change. We were up 113 to 50, but the other team came back and won. My team would keep trying to capture the flags knowing there is a sentry gun in there.

adelante

Skilotonn said:
1000/1000 Achievement points for Modern Warfare 2 after taking a week-long break with Spec Ops - the joke is that the ONE level that we had to keep redoing was the Snatch and Grab, which is just a Charlie level - hell, I did Delta levels solo with no problems compared to S&G - the annoying thing with that level is the random Juggernaut BS - sometimes you can have just one, sometimes you can have FIVE of them come at you, even three in a row - but it was finally completed now...

Finally it can just be multiplayer-only from here on out...
I'm just three levels away from completing SpecOps on Veteran...and sadly enough, Snatch and Grab is one of them :( Been playing this co-op with a friend and we decided to skip that level after a whole night of trying to get through it...we'll only come back after completing the last two in Echo....any tips???

harrytang

This seems cheap but their do not seem to be any consequences. Useful for HC TDM. Equip last stand pro and flash bang yourself in while in last stand to kill yourself and the kill from the enemy. You do not loose points for this. Seems great.

adelante

Brakara said:
Yeah, Russia was itching for a war with the US. This also explains how it only took them two days to start the invasion, as they had probably prepared for it for quite some time.
Yep and stealing the ACS was a part of that plan. The airport massacre was to become their ticket to war as soon as they've managed to hack into the ACS' encryption.

NIN90

Someone wanna do some SpecOps on XBL right now? My headset is broken, tho.
I'd like to earn some stars from Charlie onwards.

XBL: NIN 5

rodvik

Yeef said:
I tried 3rd Person Tactical today and it was just weird. Your player model obscures your view too much and the whole game feels extremely weird, especially close combat.

Thats because 3rd person is an abomination against nature. It is only there to tempt the wicked and the weak. Turn your back on it sir.

The evil ones, plotting in the depths, would love to end 1st person shooters, it is up to the gaming righteous to keep the faith.

Magni

Akimbo shotguns shooting at I don't know what ROF and killing you from 30' away is OPed. Knife killing you from 10' is OPed. Intervention not killing in 8 shots is UPed. MW2 netcode is crap.
and yet I'm still playing..

xxjuicesxx said:
AA-12 is, otherwise the rest are fine. Shotgun shoots way too fast and way too large of a clip, why use the other shotguns?

It is pretty beasty, killed loads of peope running and gunning round corners with it.

MagniHarvald said:
Akimbo shotguns shooting at I don't know what ROF and killing you from 30' away is OPed. Knife killing you from 10' is OPed. Intervention not killing in 8 shots is UPed. MW2 netcode is crap.
and yet I'm still playing..

Akimbo isn't overpowered its just a smart move once in awhile. The ability to lose firing down scope makes it incredibly crappy on a bunch of maps.

Magni

xxjuicesxx said:
Akimbo isn't overpowered its just a smart move once in awhile. The ability to lose firing down scope makes it incredibly crappy on a bunch of maps.

The thing is, there is no need to scope with the shotguns. It killed me and my buddies (we're talking guys who go 35-2 every other game) three games straight from distances like across the whole street in Karachi and further repeatedly. On whatever that map with the green room is called. It killed us in one shot from across the long hall way again and again. That akimbo is OPed, the others, not so much.

jiien

MagniHarvald said:
The thing is, there is no need to scope with the shotguns. It killed me and my buddies (we're talking guys who go 35-2 every other game) three games straight from distances like across the whole street in Karachi and further repeatedly. On whatever that map with the green room is called. It killed us in one shot from across the long hall way again and again. That akimbo is OPed, the others, not so much.

I agree. Shotguns sometimes kill from wayyyyy too far. They're supposed to be one or two hit killing machines, but not at range...that said, I don't actually get killed like that very often (perhaps it's the random people I've come across), so I'm not frustrated about it enough to think it's overpowered yet. But damn, that sucks (your experience). Hate when unexplainable shit like that happens.

X26

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
AA-12 is, otherwise the rest are fine. Shotgun shoots way too fast and way too large of a clip, why use the other shotguns?

Yea I suppose that's true, thing is a monster up close

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
xxjuicesxx said:
AA-12 is, otherwise the rest are fine.

No, the AA-12 isn't overpowered. It's just that amazing.

I do agree about the knives and Commando perk being a bit overpowered. Why? Because there's lag. I love being a commando too but it can be frustrating when you see a guy run at you, shoot him up pretty good, and then he teleports in front of your face and stabs you. There's just not something right there that needs to be tweaked a bit in my opinion.

If I'm not aware of my surroundings and someone sneaks up behind me and stabs me, I deserve to die. But if I see the guy from 15 ft away, empty half a clip into him (even using P90 from the hip with steady aim pro) and then he performs Neo/Matrix type bullet dodges... I dunno. It's just off.

Top Bottom