• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

freitax

Nizar said:
I get very bad lags here in Sweden on the 360 specially after midnight.
It's the same thing here in portugal on the ps3, I don't mind waiting 10 times more if it means I'll get in a decent match, because two bars can be an exercise in self control:/

xbhaskarx said:
What is this build for knife runs that everyone keeps talking about?

probably marathon + lightweight + commando and handgun with tactical knife

UFRA

nskinnear said:
Spec-Ops = DONE! :D

Now I just need to finish the game on Veteran and I'll have the Plat.

I'm just the opposite, and it's all downhill for you at this point...

I think Spec Ops on Vet is way harder than the SP on Vet... :/

Only 5 more missions to go and then I'll be just a couple misc trophies away from platinum.

Robot 492

Banned
UFRA said:
I'm just the opposite, and it's all downhill for you at this point...

I think Spec Ops on Vet is way harder than the SP on Vet... :/

Only 5 more missions to go and then I'll be just a couple misc trophies away from platinum.
I didn't find Spec-Ops to be that difficult at all. My friend and I did most of the missions together and we only had trouble on a few of them. The last one I needed was the one on the Airfield (can't remember what it's called). That took us about five tries to finally figure out what to do. Other than that though, we didn't have too much trouble. Just take your time -- some of the missions took us almost 30 minutes to complete.

grumble

Finished the single player. Story started off weak, got pretty decent by the end. They kept on forgetting to explain why things were happening, though. Some cutscenes with more informative exposition would have helped. I understood it, but I imagine how it could be confusing.

I can't WAIT for the next game though, great ending!

J-Rzez said:
It's not just that map though, that's the thing. That happens on the majority of the maps. In law enforcement, that's called a clue IW.

I thought you said that MW2 was a piece of shit? Interesting that you're still playing it. Also, it isn't IW's fault that the majority of online players are fucking quitting morons.

MrCompletely said:
I joined the nuke club last night!

Launched my first tactical nuke after a gigantic streak on a ground war TDM on Derail. Ended up with 49 kills and 2 deaths!

Other team was bewildered, some of them didn't know the nuke was in the game.

Damn that's something fierce...

man the SP is kinda kicking my ass....one of the first four levels or so...going through the
fakela (sp?)
that took me FOREVER to beat the level

unomas

Banned
Anyone interested in going through on spec ops? I haven't gone through about 99% of them yet and want to 3 star them all. I'm on PS3. I can't believe IW didn't do matchmaking for this mode!

Sushen

Assembly Required said:
there are no online achievements...thank god/whatever you believe in, etc.
I remember reading an IW interview for CoD4 that they chose not to put any MP achievements so that people can concentrate on the game rather than doing stupid shit.

xxjuicesxx said:
Does 360 get a trophy or award for 1000'ning?
You want achievement for achievements?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Your character's speed is only determined by your primary weapon, correct (since secondary weapons don't even have mobility ratings)? So it wouldn't make a difference what secondary weapon you used with an SMG + lightweight class?

Sushen said:
I remember reading an IW interview for CoD4 that they chose not to put any MP achievements so that people can concentrate on the game rather than doing stupid shit.

I want a FAL for my avatar dude. Or a helmet.

MikeE21286 said:
man the SP is kinda kicking my ass....one of the first four levels or so...going through the
fakela (sp?)
that took me FOREVER to beat the level

I just beat that on veteran a few minutes ago and it was tough. I got stuck at this one chokepoint in an alley near the end where I could barely see the guy shooting me from a ledge above. Thank god for the grenade launcher you start out with t_t

also looking to do any spec ops-any difficulty. I don't consider myself a god by any means but I did beat MW on veteran back in the day. Willing to play any difficulty really.

PSN= rxpandas

ZZMitch

Sushen said:

If they didn't want us to do stupid stuff they wouldn't put things in like challenges and callsigns for killing 50 allies. :lol

beast786

Kill streak's kils shouldnt count in your K/D ratio. You should get points but not K/D. One way to improve camping. Most of the K/D are inflated and really doesnt show your skills. K/D should be what you earned face to face not a random bomb blasting people across the map who have no idea you even exist. /rant

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I <3 Harriers.

Just cleaned up the entire enemy team on Highrise. It took them a while to realise there's an underpass on the map, but me and my SCAR saw to that. :lol

mcrae

roosters93 said:
So how do you unlock the tactical knife? Something to do with pistol kill isn't it?

yep, it unlocks at 75 kills.

on a similar note, i just wen 25-5 on the rooftop level, only killed 3 guys with guns.. got a 14 kill streak and another 6 kill streak... knifing with tac knife is 100x better than regular knife.. so much fun, i cant wait for marathon and lightweight pro

winnarps

vatstep said:
Your character's speed is only determined by your primary weapon, correct (since secondary weapons don't even have mobility ratings)? So it wouldn't make a difference what secondary weapon you used with an SMG + lightweight class?

Yes, generally, the knife/marathon/lightweight builds use a SMG for their primary.

Although, some use a sniper rifle to get camo.

Edit: so it doesn't matter what your secondary is, but most people use a pistol with the tactical knife 'attachment'. That knife swings much faster than the regular knife.

Just ran into someone playing the tac knife spec, but with akimbo'd 1887s. He absolutely destroyed my team. Playing against the rushers is nto fun at all, I can see why theres so much hate against my class.
Son of Godzilla said:
I tried the tactical knife build, but honestly a mini-uzi with sprint/lightweight/steady aim is so much better at that sort of chaotic shit.

That's a filthy lie. Then you're just shooting like everybody else. The knife is so much fun because you're going against the grain, fighting in a way completely contrary to what should be going on.

winnarps

Son of Godzilla said:
I tried the tactical knife build, but honestly a mini-uzi with sprint/lightweight/steady aim is so much better at that sort of chaotic shit.

But then you don't get to feel like Batman.

I've jumped from the top of buildings a few times to land on someone and get a quick kill. So satisfying. I just wish I got one of those for the Game Winning Kill Cam. People would be like WTF HOLY SHIT.

Nelo Ice

Banned
just got my 3rd and most satisfying nuke yet on ground war domination

i used my aug class(with one man army) and as soon as i saw a uav up while i was guarding C i switched to my complete stealth class with my scar
got my 1st killstreak with with the harrier they took it down before it could do damage so i killed a few guys and got the chopper gunner and again they took it down before i could go crazy with it

then i just chilled around the area where i knew they would keep running towards and killed waves of em before i ran out of ammo then luckily i was able to grab a tar from one of my kills
i get 1 more kill get my nuke and im killed right after but too late and i respawn with tactical nuke incoming! :D :lol

Insaniac

xxjuicesxx said:
I ran into a bunch of shield and knife crazies tonight.

Perhaps you've seen me I'm the one shitting on you with my ACR.

was it domination on estate? haha me and my friends we all went Riot shields for fun

Tokubetsu

Not even 24 hours with the game:
2poqgis.jpg

He said my voice was "cute" and I promptly muted him.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Got my stupid 1000 points. Wetwork is such a bitch - not because of all the guys that spawn, but because if you screw up the last breach, you have to start all over. :lol

Mileena

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Not even 24 hours with the game:
http://i48.tinypic.com/2poqgis.jpg[IMG]

He said my voice was "cute" and I promptly muted him.[/QUOTE]
Mine is better.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2135evb.jpg

J-Rzez

DevelopmentArrested said:
I thought you said that MW2 was a piece of shit? Interesting that you're still playing it. Also, it isn't IW's fault that the majority of online players are fucking quitting morons.

I said they get too much credit. I think they're capable programmers, but they cut corners for whatever reason. My friends and I have so many issues getting into games as a party, more so than the last MW. This is something that shouldn't happen for example.

It IS their fault why people leave a lot of the maps. It's on the whole a mediocre effort/poor philosophy in map design.

And I still play the game for other reasons. First off, trash talking and griefing is great time as there's so many people playing it's easy to find that person that explodes at you, or puts their mom on the mic thinking it'll stop you from talking shit. Second reason is MAG comes out in Jan, and I need something to amuse me until then, which the first note amuses me, for now.

Mileena

Banned
Sad thing is, he was using commando which IMO is the most overpowered perk in the game. I don't see how the M16 is overpowered when it's basically a Famas which you get from the start.

J-Rzez said:
I said they get too much credit. I think they're capable programmers, but they cut corners for whatever reason. My friends and I have so many issues getting into games as a party, more so than the last MW. This is something that shouldn't happen for example.
So unpolished, unrefined, and not enough extra stuff was dumped into it despite MW1's sales. Very-disappointed.
Semantical debate but okay!

It IS their fault why people leave a lot of the maps. It's on the whole a mediocre effort/poor philosophy in map design.
Except the fact that the general consensus on boards like this one and reviews - is that the maps are really good??? People back out of the best maps in the game (Terminal, Favela, etc). The quality really makes zero difference and if you think that's why people back out - you're delusional.

And I still play the game for other reasons. First off, trash talking and griefing is great time as there's so many people playing it's easy to find that person that explodes at you, or puts their mom on the mic thinking it'll stop you from talking shit. Second reason is MAG comes out in Jan, and I need something to amuse me until then, which the first note amuses me, for now.
So wait you mainly play the game to be a dick? Good to know.

Ten-Song

DevelopmentArrested said:
Except the fact that the general consensus on boards like this one and reviews - is that the maps are really good??? People back out of the best maps in the game (Terminal, Favela, etc). The quality really makes zero difference and if you think that's why people back out - you're delusional.

For real. All the maps I used to think were great in the first game, like Crash? I'd still see people back out of that map and call it shitty way back when the first game was around. This game could have the greatest maps in the history of man, and there would still be people that quit and back out of them.

Finally popped my nuke cherry tonight in regular team deathmatch.

I modified my killstreak to be harrier, chopper gunner, and nuke. My heart was beating so fast. :lol

Top Bottom