• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

My first custom class is called "Tube of the Noob" and has AR w/ launcher, thumper, claymores, scaveneger, and danger close. If the other team wants to stir shit up, I am more than happy to oblige.

Minamu

God damnit. Oh well, then I am currently doing the "correct" thing of waiting until I finish those perk challenges I'm getting very close to finishing before going prestige, I suppose.

Also, I hate FMJ challenges :lol 40 kills through walls is too much! And with sniper rifles? WTF o_O Not to mention sprinting 104 miles & shooting down 250 kill streak rewards with cold-blooded. It took me 60+ levels to reach 100 destroyed aircrafts/turrets :lol Ridiculous.

Alivor

I use the AUG HBAR w/ red dot and a foregrip. I really like that, and Commando as my 3rd perk (really helps in close quarters combat), but I'm torn on perk 2. I've been using Stopping Power, but I want to use Cold-Blooded, but I end up dying because I stop shooting when they would normally die. No good. :lol

.nimrod

if they don't put in region search they should at least show everyones ping in the lobby

i've already a huge amount of losses due to quitting because of horrible lag :lol

Just unlocked the M16 this morning. Loving it so far. Which is strange, because I didn't like it at all in the original Modern Warfare. I think I'm going to stick with it for my loud assault rifle kit for now though.

dwin45

ToyMachine228 said:
Just unlocked the M16 this morning. Loving it so far. Which is strange, because I didn't like it at all in the original Modern Warfare. I think I'm going to stick with it for my loud assault rifle kit for now though.
I really like it too, but they seem to have toned it down a bit from 4. All three shots aren't super accurate anymore. There is recoil for the 2nd and 3rd shots.

Alivor said:
I use the AUG HBAR w/ red dot and a foregrip. I really like that, and Commando as my 3rd perk (really helps in close quarters combat), but I'm torn on perk 2. I've been using Stopping Power, but I want to use Cold-Blooded, but I end up dying because I stop shooting when they would normally die. No good. :lol

Just started testing it with just the grip. It's worked pretty well with Scavenger, Cold Blooded and Ninja. I just treat it like a slower version of my SMG stealth set up, 'cept as my AA class it needs the Stinger. Should work more wonders when I get the silenced version.

DoomGyver

I hate how the game runs at about 10fps when it lags. It did the same in MW1, that shit should be smooth even if someone is playing on 56k.

They also nerfed the shotgun to hell when you put a silencer on it. Your shots don't even register after about 10 feet. Might as well use a knife.

X26

Banned
I'm trying to get the TAR-21 mastery challenge but unlocking the extended mags takes forever, only 3/40 peentration kills with the thing sofar, and I hate wasting an attachment slot on FMJ

Okay, I am in love with the knife class. I never thought it would be so fun! Obviously, it works better on some maps than others...Highrise and Scrapyard were great, Sub Base not so much. That class is definitely going to see a lot of play from now on.

ToyMachine228 said:

Been using it as my main weapon for the last 2 levels but still not really comfortable with it, had some great kills but a lot of mess ups as well.

Any tips to stop me putting the game away? My games consistently go like so:

8-9 killstreak -> 5 deathstreak -> Intermittent 2 kill/deathstreaks -> Customary ragequit.

If the enemy has your team cornered (i.e. sitting on balconies around the place), how do you escape?

Internet Celebrity said:
If the enemy has your team cornered (i.e. sitting on balconies around the place), how do you escape?

I typically switch to a stealth class and try to sneak out, and if that fails I just find a place to hide and camp 'til there's an opening to get out and around them.

Doesn't work when your stupid team clusters up around you and gives you away though. Ugh.

Jayge

Going for challenges and unlocks with certain weapons has been raping my KDR. I've learned to stop giving a shit about it but it doesn't stop the envy of seeing some friends (I know a motherfucker with a 3.0 :-/) who are ridiculous. Nothing is more funny than eliminating an entire team with a magnum in Hardcore S&D though. Best kill streak is a 27. Not good, not bad.

One thing I don't get is Fall camo- I think it looks like crap. I like the Iron Man colors but the splotchy shit is just ugly. The rest of the guns have the camo applied only to certain spots (for most of them) and I think that looks pretty nice, but the fall guns I've seen have been entirely covered. It just doesn't look nice.

Weenerz

Banned
Internet Celebrity said:
Any tips to stop me putting the game away? My games consistently go like so:

8-9 killstreak -> 5 deathstreak -> Intermittent 2 kill/deathstreaks -> Customary ragequit.

I was like this a few days ago, what I did was took a small break and played other games then came back and enjoyed it again.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
That fall camo reminds me of German Flecktarn camo.

Yeah, I'm pretty ocd about my markups. Like as soon as I unlocked the grenade launcher for the M4, I added nothing until I got the shotgun, then attached the red dot and filled that out, then the shotgun, etc.....

Jayge said:
Going for challenges and unlocks with certain weapons has been raping my KDR. I've learned to stop giving a shit about it but it doesn't stop the envy of seeing some friends (I know a motherfucker with a 3.0 :-/) who are ridiculous. Nothing is more funny than eliminating an entire team with a magnum in Hardcore S&D though. Best kill streak is a 27. Not good, not bad.
Yeah, someone I used to play KZ2 with has a 3.2 KD. And he definitely doesn't camp. Then again, his KD on KZ2 was 2.2, which was pretty extraordinary for that game.

Me, I'm sailing valiantly on with 1.19 or thereabouts. :lol What a joke.

Internet Celebrity said:

Run. You just make a break for the farthest side of the map so your allies will respawn in a different location. Then you attack the people in the balconies from their back while they're looking for your team. Remember, run and flank.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Weenerz said:
:lol :lol Using the AUG with Bling Pro, Coldblooded Pro and Ninja Pro is fun, a silenced LMG can be deadly with certain maps.
Yeah, I'm using it for my stealth class with that same setup. I'm not too concerned about speed with a stealth class, so I can deal with the AUG's reduced mobility. Just need to unlock Bling Pro so I can get some silenced shotgun action going.

Gomu Gomu

I just have to say, Zimmer did a fucking fantastic job with the music. It's awesome and high quality throughout the game. I'm surprised there isn't anything about an OST yet.

Ovid

Pyke Presco said:
My first custom class is called "Tube of the Noob" and has AR w/ launcher, thumper, claymores, scaveneger, and danger close. If the other team wants to stir shit up, I am more than happy to oblige.
:lol :lol

Zenostar

Neo Member
CoD2 and CoD4 are my favourite FPS games but damn, i am unimpressed with MW2. Single player was pretty short as usual but the problem is it wasn't as good. It also had weird unresolved storylines, like what happened to the dead guy with the weird tattoos. Also, what happened with the Russian invasion of the US? And Makarov?

Then there's multiplayer. Terrible maps, horrendous lag problems and a shit matchmaking service. The new killstreaks are far too effective and abusable; they take away from the skill-based guns n' ammo side of the game. Plus the spawn points are f'ed, which makes everything worse.

I've put 16 hours into the multiplayer and i'm already calling it quits. Really really poor. This won't be joining Halo 3 and CoD4 as Live multiplayer games that you will play for years and put hundreds of hours into. Those two games are the kings of multiplayer.

Special Ops are a great addition and a necessary one given the length of the single player, but you can tell they were added because the main game was so lacking. I mean, the campaign just feels so unfinished and the menus and everything else are too low in quality. The multiplayer ones in particular are completely unchanged since CoD4, whose menus, tables and overall presentation were already far below those of Halo 3.

Above average game, but not one of the greats. Infinity Ward will have to improve if they wish Modern Warfare to be regarded as among the elite gaming franchises.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
punkypine said:
my 1.16 tops my friends list :lol

It really depends on what gametype you play, though. If all you play is deathmatch or FFA, then that's one thing. But if you play HQ, for example, your KDR is always going to be lower, unless you ignore the objective.

The ACR will be my main weapon of choice until I call it quits. It's basically the M4 of MW2 because you can hold spray at long distances without having to worry about recoil as much as any other gun. Well that's my opinion anyways. I use the ACOG on it and it jerks like crazy with the SCAR and M4 when I try to shoot from long distance.

Stillmatic

Any chance of IW taking out the 'Join' option for private matches, making it invite only? At this stage private games aren't private at all. We set up a clan vs clan war last night and kept getting randoms jumping in. :/

Eric WK

Minamu said:
God damnit. Oh well, then I am currently doing the "correct" thing of waiting until I finish those perk challenges I'm getting very close to finishing before going prestige, I suppose.

Not really. The XP gained from them means nothing to you at level 70 and pro perks are reverted to normal upon prestiging.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gamer @ Heart said:
Oops, i think the correct name is called "loose ends." Its where you have to protect the computer in that house in the mountains, then hoof it to LZ to end the level while getting hit with mortar fire which i cant seem to avoid.

Hah, I think I broke the scripting in that mission - when you start running away from the house, down the hill there's a path that leads back to the solar panels from the start of the mission. I just hid there for a while and when I ran back up, it was mostly clear.

UFRA

So with my two primary classes I use Cold Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro to be totally silent and undetectable. :D

Does anyone else who uses these ever get those moments in a match where you're trying to sneak around to flank the enemy, meanwhile a teammate is running behind you with his loud steps and gear jingling? :lol :lol

It's always funny to me since if my headset's charging or something I have no way to tell him I'm trying to be stealthy and I'm just freaking out that my whole effort will be ruined.

Or I've had times where an enemy picked up my teammate (who's just a few feet away) on a heartbeat sensor, and when I came around the corner he thought it was that guy and killed me, so even though I wasn't showing up he was still expecting someone from around that corner. :lol

Damnit. Now the game doesn't even go to Host Migration anymore, it just ends the game and says "server timed out".

And on the next match it actually goes to Host Migration, but forces me into being a spectator. I can't play the game anymore but I can watch.

"Kicked for inactivity" when I couldn't chose a team or respawn.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Tactical Knife build is probably the most fun I've had in a while. Just love running around with the riot shield and just seeing people think "WHAT DO I DO?" then just Halo 2 sword dash 'em.

Oh, and no comment on my K/D ratio...it's bad.

.nimrod

host advantage is awesome, just got the omnicide challenge (kill the entire enemy team in less than ten seconds) with the AUG :lol

Narag

UFRA said:
So with my two primary classes I use Cold Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro to be totally silent and undetectable. :D

Does anyone else who uses these ever get those moments in a match where you're trying to sneak around to flank the enemy, meanwhile a teammate is running behind you with his loud steps and gear jingling? :lol :lol

It's always funny to me since if my headset's charging or something I have no way to tell him I'm trying to be stealthy and I'm just freaking out that my whole effort will be ruined.

Or I've had times where an enemy picked up my teammate (who's just a few feet away) on a heartbeat sensor, and when I came around the corner he thought it was that guy and killed me, so even though I wasn't showing up he was still expecting someone from around that corner. :lol

Man, I've been killed by sentry guns I'm running up to knife when some idiot on my team runs up behind me. :lol

moai

so any tips for the mission where
you retrieve the info from the computer and then you have to go to the landing zone? i got to the part where ghost says "i'll cover you" i run to the chopper but i get killed instantly, don't even know from where or what shot me. i've died 15 times in that part :(

Top Bottom