• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Yeef

UFRA said:
So with my two primary classes I use Cold Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro to be totally silent and undetectable. :D

Does anyone else who uses these ever get those moments in a match where you're trying to sneak around to flank the enemy, meanwhile a teammate is running behind you with his loud steps and gear jingling?
There have been a few times when the enemy clearly didn't see me, but some idiot teammate started shooting and the enemy, not knowing I'm there, kills both of us with a spray of fire. It's incredibly annoying, but usually when I'm playing my stealth classes now I purposely avoid my teammates, especially when the enemy has a UAV up.

.nimrod

OMG!
i just tried the akimbo 1887s O_O

it's ridiculous how awesome they are, even at medium range :lol
that was easily the most fun i've had with this game
even more than with the bladerunner class :O

everybody should give it a shot, even if it's just for the badass akimbo animations :D

edit: VIDEO
though you should pull both triggers at the same time for maximum joy :D

Loxley

.nimrod said:
OMG!
i just tried the akimbo 1887s O_O

it's ridiculous how awesome they are, even at medium range :lol
that was easily the most fun i've had with this game
even more than with the bladerunner class :O

everybody should give it a shot, even if it's just for the badass akimbo animations :D

edit: VIDEO
though you should pull both triggers at the same time for maximum joy :D

The game has barely been out for one week and I can already tell that dual-1887's is swiftly going to become the most hated build in the game. I don't know if it'll see CoD4 M16-levels of abuse, but I've seen plenty of people already start calling it the new asshole-build :lol

I think the only real problem is their comparatively longer range and accuracy to the other shotguns. Dunno, haven't unlocked it yet myself.

rass

Loxley said:
The game hasn't even been out for one week and I can already tell that dual-1887's is swiftly going to become the most hated build in the game. I don't know if it'll see CoD4 M16-levels of abuse, but I've seen plenty of people already start calling it the new asshole-build :lol

I think the only real problem is their range. Dunno, haven't unlocked it yet myself.
I get destroyed by the dual 1887s, it's ridiculous.

Weird question (Im at work so I cant check)
If I have the .44 magnum as my secondary, can I have akimbo on it? So I'd be using the scar, then switch to dual magnums? Or am I dreaming?

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
iam.rass said:
I get destroyed by the dual 1887s, it's ridiculous.

Weird question (Im at work so I cant check)
If I have the .44 magnum as my secondary, can I have akimbo on it? So I'd be using the scar, then switch to dual magnums? Or am I dreaming?
You're awake.

Dax01 said:
I just beat the campaign on Veteran. Definitely nowhere near as hard as CoD4. This one was actually somewhat enjoyable.

I was disappointed with the difficulty, felt WAY too easy.

Although the new "veteran" is spec ops for me. Some of those things are fucking hard as hell.

Tactical knife is 75 kills with either the USP or M9 , or 100 kills with the magnum/desert eagle.

Also, alternative to using an SMG is a sniper, as they both provide full mobility. On maps like Wasteland, you may prefer to have the ghillie suit in case you need to hit the deck to dodge some sightlines.

Brian Fellows said:
I didn't need marathon or lightweight to get a 7 kill streak with just my knife last night.

Maybe not, but it sure as hell makes thigns easier.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
iam.rass said:
Im pretty sure it's:

marathon
lightweight
commando

any smg + rapid fire
any pistol + tactical knife

I didn't need marathon or lightweight to get a 7 kill streak with just my knife last night.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Yep, the 1887s are ridiculous. I hate when people complain about weapons (usually just because they get killed by them a lot ie: M16, P90, etc) but there's something wrong with the 1887s. Their range is way too big for a shotgun.

Thankfully I've only ran into them once. Still annoying.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Stillmatic said:
Nice! Do you actually have to uncheck your killstreaks in the menu, or just not use them when you get them in game?

u have to clear all ur killstreaks so have none equipped

also i went 45-26 with no killstreaks :D :lol

Griffith

Banned
Nelo Ice said:
finally! got 8 bit price with the knife class on hq :D

man i love hq its so easy to get challenges nukes etc in that mode :lol
In 40hrs of playing mainly headquarters and domination, I've yet to see a nuke.

Ten-Song

Kibbles said:
Commando Pro - No Fall Damage. Holy shit... jump down and stab people.

Shit yeah! Commando pro lets you do some Batman shit like that. Though, it's mostly awesome for when you're using a riot shield.

R2D4

Banned
Ten-Song said:
Shit yeah! Commando pro lets you do some Batman shit like that. Though, it's mostly awesome for when you're using a riot shield.

I just jumped off the top of a building thru a window and knifed a dude. Commando Pro is amazing.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I can never get the damn MVP accolade (most kills/fewest deaths). Even if I go like 25-4 there's ALWAYS some guy at like 2-2 or something like that. :(

rass

RSTEIN said:
I can never get the damn MVP accolade (most kills/fewest deaths). Even if I go like 25-4 there's ALWAYS some guy at like 2-2 or something like that. :(
I thought the mvp accolade was just for most points overall? I have it and I usually die the most, I'm a death magnet in this game

The lack of party chat is still a pain in the ass. There are lots of times when we go into a game and were missing one guy and by the time the game is 1 minute or so in, we get a message. Dumb decision. And why the hell is it allowed in ground war? That makes no fucking sense.

Lionheart1827 said:
The lack of party chat is still a pain in the ass. There are lots of times when we go into a game and were missing one guy and by the time the game is 1 minute or so in, we get a message. Dumb decision. And why the hell is it allowed in ground war? That makes no fucking sense.

I know right?

sturmdogg

Does anyone else have a problem finding multiplayer games to join in? I must have spent up to 15 minutes waiting for a game..not only that it seems like waiting for too long will lock up / freeze the game :(

jiien

Lionheart1827 said:

My friends and I have made it a habit to check immediately once we get in a game to make sure everyone made it. Still happens every so often, and I still feel like a jerk for leaving when we're missing one guy. I mean, if we leave, our team goes from five guys to two. :(

CcrooK said:
24-0 :( I wanted to nuke so bad! :( :( :( :( :(

I think the best setup is Harrier, chopper gunner, then nuke. If the stars align, your perks will seamlessly go into each other. If the enemy is dumb, youll easily get 14 kills with the chopper, just find a good hiding spot and go prone.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Had such a epic moment on wasteland. There was this guy hiding behind a tank and one of my teammates was running in after i threw a semtex and it ended up getting stuck on my teammate as he runs behind and BOOM. Hes like wtf? :lol

Unlocked the title "Friends with benefits" has a bunch of ponies in the background

Judderman said:
What is the opinion on best SMG? I'm liking the Mini-Uzi but is there a definitive "best"?

I still use the MP5k. I highly recommend against NOT using rapid fire attachment as itll fuck your recoil and anyone too far away you will not get them before they kill you.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Seeing someone from third person with dual shotguns looks dumb as hell, especially when they run. :lol Like the fucking T1000 when they're escaping from the mental hospital.

Culinary

Anybody level up all hyped up to get a certain gun, only to be disappointed with it?

I wanted the M16A4 so bad because of the stats but it just doesn't feel right. I tend to do a lot better with my FAMAS, even though the stats are so much worse.

Loxley

I just went 43-18 with the silenced TAR-21 on Skidrow, I think I may have finally found an assault rifle that I actually like :D

What is the opinion on best SMG? I'm liking the Mini-Uzi but is there a definitive "best"?

I've had some of my best games with the UMP45 (37-9 the other day on Underpass). The MP5K has too much recoil for my taste, the Vector doesn't do as much damage, and I just can't stand the P90's iron-sights, hehe.

Either way they're all actually very good weapons in the hands of the right player, which actually demonstrates how much more balanced the weapons are compared to CoD4. So far I haven't seen one that is easily the defacto SMG. Infinity Ward did a good job :) At this point I'd really say it just comes down to a matter of preference, depending on what your playstyle is like.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Griffith said:
I'm pretty much done with this game until they add a local search. In the last three days I've spent more time looking for games, than actually playing them.

Occasionally I get really shit connections. Why the hell I'm not always selected as the host I'll never know (100Mb upload). Do American users get preferential treatment when selecting hosts?

Lionheart1827 said:

I blame Microsoft as much as I blame IW since Microsoft are the ones to give them permission to be the only game ever to break a standard system feature. Very disappointing.

Fugu

Judderman said:
Well, the mini-uzi in particular loses out to the P90 in every respect; the P90 has the same damage with a faster firing rate, lower recoil, and a larger clip.

Objectively speaking, the P90 may be the most useful SMG due to the fact that it is effective at all ranges (particularly with the silencer), has by far the lowest recoil of any gun in the class, and has an absolutely giant clip. There's not really anything bad to say about it.

Top Bottom