• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Hyunkel6

moai said:
so any tips for the mission where
you retrieve the info from the computer and then you have to go to the landing zone? i got to the part where ghost says "i'll cover you" i run to the chopper but i get killed instantly, don't even know from where or what shot me. i've died 15 times in that part :(

Save your flashbangs during the level, and throw them all at random at the guys in front of the chopper as you sprint towards it. I don't know of an alternative way to do this part on veteran.

ToyMachine228 said:
Do the camos that you unlock through the Ghillie in the Mist challenges just apply automatically?

Camos? what camos?

anyway some is gonna have to teach me how to play this game again:

i'm a run & gunner, I may camp if im anticipating somebody to rush in.

I use UMP 90% of the time w/ a javelin.

M4A1 with a heartbeat sensor for match with campers

i also use a M16 with a 1 man army if i'm all out camping & I'll switch to a sniper if i can find a really good camping spot.

TL;DR:HALP ME GAF!

Holy crap!

Got to level 35 earlier today; unlocked the Chopper Gunner and moved to the following killstreak setup:

5 - Predator Missile
7 - Harrier
11 - Chopper Gunner

That setup absolutely wrecks shop. I managed to get four Chopper Gunners during the rest of the play session, including the "High Def" challenge (game-winning kill with the Chopper Gunner).

During the same session, I completed the Commando VI challenge with my knife class. Most players just don't expect that coming at them! So much fun, even if your K/D tanks.

So now that I am familiar with the maps and the guns, I've switched back over to Hardcore when I'm playing solo, and man oh man, it is such a different game. The entire pacing of the match drops precipitously, and games where the highest score is ~4000 per team are not uncommon. You have to use different tactics, different playstyles, slow down your game and watch every corner. I don't know which mode I prefer, but I definitely love to play them both.

Sushen

divisionbyzorro said:
During the same session, I completed the Commando VI challenge with my knife class. Most players just don't expect that coming at them! So much fun, even if your K/D tanks.
If most players just don't expect that coming, why your k/d tanks?

Sushen

Rice-Eater said:
The ACR will be my main weapon of choice until I call it quits. It's basically the M4 of MW2 because you can hold spray at long distances without having to worry about recoil as much as any other gun. Well that's my opinion anyways. I use the ACOG on it and it jerks like crazy with the SCAR and M4 when I try to shoot from long distance.
I usually kill enemies far away into a few pixels with my Scar's iron sight just fine.

Chittagong

Gold Member
my god I hate retards who give my position away. I've got both cold blooded and ninja equipped so I don't show up on enemy radar or heart beat sensor. Many times I've been just stunned on how the enemy has been able to see me coming. I swear every f'ing time it's either

1. Someone with no cold blood or ninja equip standing behind me.
2. Somebody firing a lone shot just next to me

Braaaarhg!

I'll chime in with the personal opinion that it is worse than 4, but I definitely dont think thats what the majority think.(and I'm definitely still playing the shit out of it)

Robot 492

Banned
moai said:
you retrieve the info from the computer and then you have to go to the landing zone? i got to the part where ghost says "i'll cover you" i run to the chopper but i get killed instantly, don't even know from where or what shot me. i've died 15 times in that part :(
I'm on this mission right now and it's so unfair. I can't even get to the chopper. I'm at a checkpoint about 80 feet away and as soon as I start running, I get bombarded with bullets from miles away. I've tried everything here. Fuck this mission.

TheFallen

Dax01 said:
He asked for the general consensus, not your consensus.

The general consensus is that the MP is at or better than MW1.
I appreciate someone actually reading it. :lol I was curious after seeing the latest Top lists from publications having MW1 above in their lists. Perhaps the single player campaigns carry more weight. Not sure. Regardless, I intend on picking up MW2 once the holiday season is over. I would hate to purchase the game and find everyone heading back to MW1.

Tkawsome said:
Am I crazy or are all the spawn points in the sub level on one side of the map?

Spawn points tend to be whichever spawn is closest to your teammates. Since all the fighting happens on one side of the map, thats where you spawn. If the backside opposite the subs was any good for combat, you would spawn over there instead.

nskinnear said:
I'm on this mission right now and it's so unfair. I can't even get to the chopper. I'm at a checkpoint about 80 feet away and as soon as I start running, I get bombarded with bullets from miles away. I've tried everything here. Fuck this mission.

You have to keep moving, don't engage unless you absolutely have to

Pyke Presco said:
Spawn points tend to be whichever spawn is closest to your teammates. Since all the fighting happens on one side of the map, thats where you spawn. If the backside opposite the subs was any good for combat, you would spawn over there instead.

Then why do the enemies (and my team) continue to spawn in that area even after being killed off? In all the other maps when your team is wiped out, you're placed on the other side of the map to regroup. I've never seen that happen on this map though.

Theres spawns on both sides A and C. I've been killed when they enemy is taking our C flag and I spawn outside behind the building. So I know theres at LEAST 1.

I just unlocked this emblem...it's awesome

8-bit_price.jpg

Brakara

Tkawsome said:
Then why do the enemies (and my team) continue to spawn in that area even after being killed off? In all the other maps when your team is wiped out, you're placed on the other side of the map to regroup. I've never seen that happen on this map though.

I've spawned on the other side several times. But as someone said, your team mates are not likely to be on that side (which is why you don't spawn there). And when are your team completely wiped out? That has never happened to me.

Brakara said:
And when are your team completely wiped out? That has never happened to me.

It's not only when you're wiped out, after a few spawn deaths the game moves you to another end of the map. You can get wiped out in Hardcore though.

MrGame&Watch said:
I just unlocked this emblem...it's awesome

8-bit_price.jpg

Awesome. Do you know how you got it?

Jayge

TheFallen said:
So what's the general consensus of the competitive multiplayer in comparison to WaW and MW1? Better or worse? (on consoles)
Aside from some of the weapons in WaW, I thought it was shit. If it weren't for my level design gripes and some of my balance gripes (which will hopefully be sorted out within the next few weeks or the next month) I think that the weapons, titles, emblems, perks, and all the customization that goes along with them (along with the standard gameplay and killstreaks and shit) are far superior to MW1. So... right now, I would put this as on-par with the first game, with the potential to far exceed it, and WaW is 50 miles into the negative on the score line.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Dax01 said:
He asked for the general consensus, not your consensus.

The general consensus is that the MP is at or better than MW1.

I don't know how you can say that, when so many people don't like the mp or just prefer MW1. Not a few, A LOT. Well, at least from what I've read on the boards.

JaseMath

commish said:
I don't know how you can say that, when so many people don't like the mp or just prefer MW1. Not a few, A LOT. Well, at least from what I've read on the boards.
I don't know what the consensus is, but I just traded my copy of MW2 in the trade thread b/c I thought the multi wasn't as good as MW1 (or maybe I grew tired of it).

The BIG thing for me is why in the fuck can I not play every map in Free For All?! You're really going to make me recycle the same 7 maps while half of those 7 suck? Really, why?! It is far and away my most played mode (and probably is for others, too) so it doesn't make any sense to me. If IW patches this, then you know what? I'll re-buy the game. Until then, IW can fuck right off.

Disguises

Tkawsome said:
I just got it on my first try. I got way too lucky in that match.
*twitches* It took me a lot of effort (luck) and swearing to get mine! haha. I really can't stop using this tactical knife class. Only switch out to destroy air stuff!

Dabanton

nskinnear said:

When you leave the house and run towards the chopper stick to the far left side you may have to take out 1 or two enemies don't stop though just run and gun them and as someone else said if you have grenades or flashbangs use them, then just keep legging it.

itsgreen

Ten-Song said:
Because most of the maps are too damn big for free for all games, most likely.

Yeah, don't play ffa, mostly td, but even in td on derail I hardly see a point finish... most of the times it's a time limit...

Disguises said:
*twitches* It took me a lot of effort (luck) and swearing to get mine! haha. I really can't stop using this tactical knife class. Only switch out to destroy air stuff!

I was playing in Underpass and worked on getting my Slasher challenge done. When I did I started hiding in the bushes and ambushing people as they passed by. I almost had a perfect game by the end of the match (I got cocky towards the end).

GodofWine

You know what I hate....when there is a dumpster, or a pile of fire wood..or a dam rock that should be easily climbable..but you can't...thats 2004 territory.

commish said:
Reading most of the comments in this thread? That's what it is.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Sorry if this has been talk about so much but whats the best game mode for fast exp? I used to play SnD exclusively but it's so hard to be consistent in this game.

moai said:

Flashbangs and noob tube, make sure if you can pick up a grenadier type of weapon before you do the run, shouldnt have a problem since the house has pretty much every gun in the game.

Man, I was having SO much fun being a Knife Assassin until everyone started doing it. I hate having to compete with other Knifers on my team, so I just quit it all together. I think I had around 500 or so Knife-Only (Throwing Knife too) kills before I quit though. T'was a good run.

Now I am using my RAPE class again.

M16A4 with Blinged out Holographic Site and FMJ with Stopping Power Pro and Steady Aim Pro. So good. :)

Top Bottom