• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

ultron87

Qwerty710710 said:
Tracking Number: 1Z9298761353790699 Status: Delivered
UPS has delivered the shipment.

Delivered Delivered On: 11/05/2009 10:22 A.M. Location: FRT DOOR Delivered To: MIDDLETOWN, NJ, US Shipped/Billed On: 11/04/2009 Type: Package Service: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER

w000t!!!!! now I have to wait until 430 to play stupid class

hit me on xbl Saloo Kaloo

*drives to Middletown, NJ to search front doors for packages*

:D

Enjoy the game. Only 4-5 more days for the rest of us.

HooCares

Neo Member
Regarding party chat disabling, I find my thoughts are best summed up by the "Post of the Thread" from the MS allowing Devs to disbale party chat Thread

Full credit to Bandro:

Bandro said:
I have an ingenious little idea that Infinity Ward might want to take notice of.

How about they don't fucking touch a feature that - as XBL Gold members - we are paying for, and instead they have a look at their OWN GAME, and tweak it accordingly.

And just in case they are still scratching their heads, this one is for free:

**Change the fucking camera in spectator mode. If I cannot see anything "special" and different to what my friends are seeing, then there is no way that I can communicate an advantage to them**

I know I'd rather see a black screen for a minute after I die than be forced to take a step backwards and hear from a bunch of fucking racist nonces while I'm trying to tell my friends what I ate for dinner.

Also, cheating? Does anyone really give a fuck? If some guys are THAT pumped up about the match that they're willing to coordinate and communicate with each other so quickly and efficiently that I get killed by a method that some may see as wrong, then fuck it, well done, have the experience points and pat yourselves on the back - I do not give ten shits.

What next? Blocking my fucking mobile phone? Get fucked, I can talk to who I want when I want.

P.S. I'm totally buying this game. But IW needs to get the fuck back and know their place.

On Cheating specifically, I'll add that nobody gives a fuck about cheating in these games. Let's say a team cheated you: It's matchmaking - after the match you probably never play those players again and you can always use the avoid feature to ensure you do.

This isn't the fucking Korean National Starcraft Competition. It's a twitchy console FPS with plenty of bullshit that could affect the outcome of matches like crappy P2P connections, host advantages, airdop slot machine AC130's, turbo controllers, etc etc.

Dude Abides

Banned
HooCares said:
Regarding party chat disabling, I find my thoughts are best summed up by the "Post of the Thread" from the MS allowing Devs to disbale party chat Thread

They don't even have to follow Bandro's black screen suggestion. Just limit it so you can only follow your own team in spectator mode.

Az

Wife just called me giggling into the phone and I hear the *beep* sound of my PS3 turning on. It's ok I'll survive.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Yay:

Photo-on-2009-11-05-at-09.13.jpg

I work from home, so actually accomplishing anything today is gonna be pretty rough. I'm gonna TRY to work until at least 4PM before knocking off a little early :D

HooCares said:

Full credit to Bandro:

On Cheating specifically, I'll add that nobody gives a fuck about cheating in these games. Let's say a team cheated you: It's matchmaking - after the match you probably never play those players again and you can always use the avoid feature to ensure you do.

This isn't the fucking Korean National Starcraft Competition. It's a twitchy console FPS with plenty of bullshit that could affect the outcome of matches like crappy P2P connections, host advantages, airdop slot machine AC130's, turbo controllers, etc etc.

This.

otakuderek

Qwerty710710 said:
Tracking Number: 1Z9298761353790699 Status: Delivered
UPS has delivered the shipment.

Delivered Delivered On: 11/05/2009 10:22 A.M. Location: FRT DOOR Delivered To: MIDDLETOWN, NJ, US Shipped/Billed On: 11/04/2009 Type: Package Service: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER

w000t!!!!! now I have to wait until 430 to play stupid class

hit me on xbl Saloo Kaloo

I added you on Live. I'm getting the game today too but I will be on tonight if you want to play MP.

I'm curious if the MW2 bundles will actually be limited like the RED RE5 bundles or will they be stacked up the moon like the Halo 3 bundles two years ago.

Hoping the later, would love to get one on the cheap.

DoomGyver

Someone on the IW forums bought the strategy guide.

LMGs can now be equipped with silencers. FU IW
Square Triangle said:
I'm curious if the MW2 bundles will actually be limited like the RED RE5 bundles or will they be stacked up the moon like the Halo 3 bundles two years ago.

Hoping the later, would love to get one on the cheap.
I'm sure these things will be stacked to mars.

Okay I will be buying this. Does anyone think it will be tough to find on Day 1 if not pre-ordered? I know they are going to flood the channel but demand will be insane. Wondering if it's worth nipping out to Best Buy today to put $5 down...

MMaRsu

Full Recovery said:
Someone on the IW forums bought the strategy guide.

LMGs can now be equipped with silencers. FU IW

I'm sure these things will be stacked to mars.

Wait wut?

You can use a fucking silencer with this?

MINIMI%20STD%207_62.jpg

How far into the future is this game :lol :lol

ultron87

Gary Whitta said:
Okay I will be buying this. Does anyone think it will be tough to find on Day 1 if not pre-ordered? I know they are going to flood the channel but demand will be insane. Wondering if it's worth nipping out to Best Buy today to put $5 down...

I'm pretty sure every store you go into will have a gigantic pile of this game. If there was ever a game you didn't need to preorder this it is.

protonion

And my BR drive died!

I was in a mission where a helicopter is supposed to drop you somewhere.But when I was about to jump...I never did.I stayed on the helicopter while it was flying away from the mission area until it reached the limits far far away.Then my ps3 froze.

I was like ha ha nice glitch. But when I rebooted I got the 800something error.

NICE TIMING STUPID PIECE OF CRAP!
FUCK THE UNIVERSE!

Mogg0

Banned
iMike76 said:

Who the fuck is in charge of Infinity Ward's media relations? Is it Bowling? If so, what a bunch of fucking muppets.

I'm not one for political correctness, and I even find Sessler's rant to be a little ridiculous and needlessly angry, but they have run an absolutely pathetic media strategy. Whether it was Activision's doing or purely IW's, a few heads need to roll IMO.

Dude Abides said:
They don't even have to follow Bandro's black screen suggestion. Just limit it so you can only follow your own team in spectator mode.
The observer could still see something (a sniper hiding) that the actual player didn't see and tell him about it. Thus, cheating.

Weenerz

Banned
Sessler is asking for political correctness from a video game company that makes games that has you blowing up terrorists with nuclear weapons.....:lol

Also, the video just feels like he's grasping for a bit of attention.

Mogg0

Banned
Weenerz said:
Also, the video just feels like he's grasping for a bit of attention.

I don't think it's that, I just think he's responding to being vilified. Is he gay? I assume from his reaction and his behavior that he is. Not that I care, but it seems a very intense reaction to what is, in my opinion, a minor issue.

Hyunkel6

For those who already have the game: How is the game on veteran compared to the 2 previous games? I found COD5 to be a piece of cake on vet after the hellhole that was COD4. I'm curious to know about this one.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Mogg0 said:
I don't think it's that, I just think he's responding to being vilified. Is he gay? I assume from his reaction and his behavior that he is. Not that I care, but it seems a very intense reaction to what is, in my opinion, a minor issue.
Is he gay?

What?

Victrix

*beard*
Mogg0 said:

What the fuck?

dakster

Neo Member
F#A#Oo said:
£28...ASDA...Midnight...that is all.

I checked asda's website, 44.95. Is this just a certain promotion for a new store or something? I'lll be at my local store at midnight too for 28 quid.

Wallach

Mogg0 said:

Adam Sessler is married (and no, I don't believe she's a beard).

His reaction was warranted in either case.

BKXB

Economist
Game Analyst said:
Did anyone get the Hardened Edition yet? I want to know how Call of Duty 1 is. How does it look? Does it have multiplayer?

Thanks.

+1 Still waffling on Hardened; would help to hear about quality of COD1.

kuYuri

Domino Theory said:
Okay, let me get this straight. If you're in a party chat and you enter, say, Team DM and you get the pop-up telling you to leave the Party Chat and you don't, they'll boot you from the lobby?

And is there an in-game mute?

Anyways, worse comes to worse? I'll just set my Xbox LIVE communications to Friends Only, so go fuck yourself, IW. :D

If it's anything like CoD4, yes, you can mute in-game in addition to dashboard mute.

Top Bottom